why does everyone love obama so much? - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: why does everyone love obama so much?
Sunday, November 02, 2008 11:14 PM on j-body.org
obama isnt raising taxes for people making over 250k
he is just not renewing the tax cuts for those people
not only that, if you invest money directly from profits into the company/store you run/own there are many many ways around taxing that sort of income. ALSO when donating money to anything (charities, public youth leagues, etc), you get a big tax break
so to me, if youre making over 250k, you should be knowledgeable in ways to keep your money yours instead of letting too much go to taxes, but i guess that is just me

Monday, November 03, 2008 4:43 AM on j-body.org
So, your telling Honest working Americans,to Lie about it?

AhhHAa, now I know why this guy might get in, Voter fraud!

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Monday, November 03, 2008 5:05 AM on j-body.org
why NOT to vote for Obama

I could be all over voting for Obama... until I read the above story.

ANYONE who aligns themselves with the same views as Hollywood should change their ways... yesterday.

I'll be writing in Dr. Paul.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Monday, November 03, 2008 5:09 AM on j-body.org
themarin8r wrote:obama isnt raising taxes for people making over 250k
he is just not renewing the tax cuts for those people

It wouldn't be a political debate without semantics coming into it. LOL.

Regardless of how you spin it, the result is the same. He wants to drop the cuts from the legislation, McCain wants to make it permanent. That equals taxes going up as a result of Obama.

themarin8r wrote:not only that, if you invest money directly from profits into the company/store you run/own there are many many ways around taxing that sort of income. ALSO when donating money to anything (charities, public youth leagues, etc), you get a big tax break
so to me, if youre making over 250k, you should be knowledgeable in ways to keep your money yours instead of letting too much go to taxes, but i guess that is just me

I love the charity "loophole" idea, as if it somehow lets you keep more of your own money. You save yourself no more in taxes than you give to the charity. So, your choice is for the government to take it out of your income, and then decide what to do with it, or you can choose who you give it to. Either way, it's going from you to someone else. And yes, you can keep spending the profits on whatever "operating expense" you feel like burning it off in, but again, the result is that you're being forced not to take your own money for your own use.

Monday, November 03, 2008 7:04 AM on j-body.org
First off, hes way too good a talker. He knows how to pursuade people, like was mentioned... he's kind of like Hitler. Im not saying they have any similarity with their views on things, but share a quality to have the ability to pursuade a huge amount of people. He knows how to stand up in front of a big group and, I guess you could say, "brainwash".

I listened to him speak, and he sounded great. But then I thought about it... He said he's going to do this, and that, and all these great things... But what he neglected to say was.... HOW.

My other thing is, you hear people all the time comparing Obama, to Palin.... Now it is certainly reasurring to have the president candidate being compared to the vice president candidate..... not

There is a difference between being a governor and beign a senator. Atleast Palin has governed a state before. Obama "topped out" at senator. Yeah he has some political background but I dont think he is at all ready to be president.

Obama is a bull@!#$ artist. Everything sounds so perfect and sweet, but its just sugar-coated @!#$.

I personally don't want either, I'd lean more toward the republican side over democrat but during this election, I dont wan't either.

Monday, November 03, 2008 7:55 AM on j-body.org
FReQ Z (ikE-Zed) wrote:why NOT to vote for Obama

I could be all over voting for Obama... until I read the above story.

ANYONE who aligns themselves with the same views as Hollywood should change their ways... yesterday.

I'll be writing in Dr. Paul.

I love all the retards in Hollywood "threatening" to leave the country. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.
Too bad none of them followed through with those empty threats in 2000 and 2004, and wouldn't on this one, either.

The unfortunate truth for all of those who intend on writing in Paul is that you are simply wasting your vote. There will never, ever, be a successful write-in, at least in our time. There isn't even a chance for the other candidates with a party behind them right now. If the voting goes as the polls are predicting, voting for anyone other than McCain, or not voting, might as well be a vote for Obama. Now, if you want to start a grass-roots support campaign for a 2012 election, you may have a chance (if you're that persistant in gaining more followers who work equally as hard, and can do the same, etc. etc.), but it's still a far outside chance of ever gaining real momentum. Don't shoot the messenger on this one, but it's the simple fact of the way it goes with the current system. One of the two major candidates will win, and a vote otherwise is wasted. It doesn't send a message, it simply allows the rest of the country to make the decision for you.

So, if you feel that you are simply voting for the lesser of two evils, you're still at least standing a chance of having an effect on the outcome.

Monday, November 03, 2008 8:29 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:So, your telling Honest working Americans,to Lie about it?

AhhHAa, now I know why this guy might get in, Voter fraud!

Chris

if you are referring to marin8tr's post above you, im pretty sure he was talking about knowing LEGAL ways to keep your money. i.e. loopholes in the tax codes.

Quiklilcav wrote:

The unfortunate truth for all of those who intend on writing in Paul is that you are simply wasting your vote. There will never, ever, be a successful write-in, at least in our time. There isn't even a chance for the other candidates with a party behind them right now. If the voting goes as the polls are predicting, voting for anyone other than McCain, or not voting, might as well be a vote for Obama. Now, if you want to start a grass-roots support campaign for a 2012 election, you may have a chance (if you're that persistant in gaining more followers who work equally as hard, and can do the same, etc. etc.), but it's still a far outside chance of ever gaining real momentum. Don't shoot the messenger on this one, but it's the simple fact of the way it goes with the current system. One of the two major candidates will win, and a vote otherwise is wasted. It doesn't send a message, it simply allows the rest of the country to make the decision for you.

So, if you feel that you are simply voting for the lesser of two evils, you're still at least standing a chance of having an effect on the outcome.

i know its true that my vote doesnt equal much when not cast for one of the two main candidates....but i honestly cant say that i want mccain in power. just in power instead of obama. at least by voting 3rd party we may ONE DAY be able to make a difference. doubtful, but its a dream.
plus, i know who my state is voting for anyway.

Monday, November 03, 2008 8:51 AM on j-body.org
Jazer {Turbo Chica} wrote:First off, hes way too good a talker. He knows how to pursuade people, like was mentioned... he's kind of like Hitler. Im not saying they have any similarity with their views on things, but share a quality to have the ability to pursuade a huge amount of people. He knows how to stand up in front of a big group and, I guess you could say, "brainwash".

I listened to him speak, and he sounded great. But then I thought about it... He said he's going to do this, and that, and all these great things... But what he neglected to say was.... HOW.

My other thing is, you hear people all the time comparing Obama, to Palin.... Now it is certainly reasurring to have the president candidate being compared to the vice president candidate..... not

There is a difference between being a governor and beign a senator. Atleast Palin has governed a state before. Obama "topped out" at senator. Yeah he has some political background but I dont think he is at all ready to be president.

Obama is a bull@!#$ artist. Everything sounds so perfect and sweet, but its just sugar-coated @!#$.

I personally don't want either, I'd lean more toward the republican side over democrat but during this election, I dont wan't either.

comparing anyone to hitler is asinine
and saying Obama is a bull@!#$ artist in order to defend another politician or political viewpoint is just as asinine, because 99.99999% of politicians and politics is bull@!#$ting

Monday, November 03, 2008 9:20 AM on j-body.org
themarin8r wrote:
Jazer {Turbo Chica} wrote:First off, hes way too good a talker. He knows how to pursuade people, like was mentioned... he's kind of like Hitler. Im not saying they have any similarity with their views on things, but share a quality to have the ability to pursuade a huge amount of people. He knows how to stand up in front of a big group and, I guess you could say, "brainwash".

comparing anyone to hitler is asinine
and saying Obama is a bull@!#$ artist in order to defend another politician or political viewpoint is just as asinine, because 99.99999% of politicians and politics is bull@!#$ting

Not once did I say that other politicians do not sugar coat what they say, in order to sway votes. What I was trying to imply was that Obama is damn good at it. He could talk his way into whatever he wanted, which is not at all comforting thinking about having him as a president.

Do not tell me everything you are going to do, without telling me how you are going to get there first.

I compared him to Hitler NOT because of their views or anything remotely like that, but specifically because of their ability to get so many people behind them.

Obama was comparing himself to Martin Luther King when he did his speech on the day that years ago, MLK did his speech. I'm sure that wasn't a coincidence.

Either way, im worried about what the next 4 years will be like.....

Monday, November 03, 2008 10:15 AM on j-body.org
ToBoGgAn wrote:
Bad Ace Design wrote:Im voting for Obama just to cancel out Wade's vote

x2

If you guys want to cancel out somones vote so bad. How about these people?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM2xHggg7Uk

You would not dare do that because you know Obama needs all the uneducated votes he can get. Come on sheeple, you can do it, be the useful idiots he needs you to be.

Even if you disagree with me I am still making an educated vote which is more than can be said for them.

What gives? This is absolutly pointless even talking to you guys. You refuse all common sense and facts because you are so stuck on your canidate. Why? Is it because you are afraid to admit you might have been wrong? Afraid to admit you fell for his hype? Afraid to admit you may not have done enogh research about him? Afraid to admit you never looked up his voting record? Afraid to admit voting present 132 times is not change you can believe in? Afraid to admit you want the government to take money from others and give to you? I could go on and on foerever.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edited Monday, November 03, 2008 10:26 AM

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, November 03, 2008 10:22 AM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:If you guys want to cancel out somones vote so bad. How about these people?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM2xHggg7Uk

Oh, but that's just a small group. That's not a good sampling.
Really, the other 99% of blacks voting for Obama are truly educated and are voting for him based on his policies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, November 03, 2008 11:00 AM

Monday, November 03, 2008 10:52 AM on j-body.org
Well I would like to come here and post a very educated response, but I don't follow politics all that much. From what I have read and heard I agree with everyone voting for McCain. I cannot bring myself to vote for a Democrat, black, white, whatever. I do not agree with the majority of the things that they believe in. I like babies and guns. And how dare Obama say that what the troops are doing in Iraq is a waste of time, I dont care whether you believe in the war or not, you support your troops and do what you can to help them. Did I not vote for Obama because he is black. No, because he is a democrat. Did he get this far because he is black, Yes. Simple answer. Affirmative action, one of the worst ideas ever. Do I want Palin as president, maybe not, but I sure as hell do not want Obama as president. I do not believe in sharing the wealth. You work hard for your money so you deserve to keep it. Maybe one day I will make more than 250K a year and I want to keep that money for myself because I earned it. That's my little rant.

What's funny to me is people bragging about beating Cavaliers in street races.

Monday, November 03, 2008 11:05 AM on j-body.org
Alex Patch wrote:Well I would like to come here and post a very educated response

Stop there!

Not going to happen in this post.

Haha.

Monday, November 03, 2008 11:05 AM on j-body.org
Unfortunatly I do agree with one of Alex Patch's statements, specifically... Obama IS getting more votes based on his race. I don't think he ISNT getting votes because of it, however Im sure atleast a large portion of the Black/African American population wants to have a black president and will vote for him, solely to have that happen.

I don't think that is making a justified vote, but everyone does have the right to vote for whatever reason they want.

I also agree with Alex in the sence that even if I do or don't want McCain & Palin in office, I sure as hell do not want Obama in.

Monday, November 03, 2008 11:15 AM on j-body.org
Joe Schulte wrote:
Alex Patch wrote:Well I would like to come here and post a very educated response

Stop there!

Not going to happen in this post.

Haha.

LOL, Yea I know my mistake, Trust me.

At least I got some sort of support, thanks Jazer.

What's funny to me is people bragging about beating Cavaliers in street races.

Monday, November 03, 2008 11:34 AM on j-body.org
Alex Patch wrote:I do not believe in sharing the wealth. You work hard for your money so you deserve to keep it. Maybe one day I will make more than 250K a year and I want to keep that money for myself because I earned it. That's my little rant.

I strongly agree. This is the land of oppertunity. It is also the land of the more you make the more they take.

Biden actually said it is patriotic to pay more in taxes. I strongly disagree. What would be patriotic is if the government stopped wasting our money. The problem is not that we don't pay enough it is that they waste too much.

Monday, November 03, 2008 11:45 AM on j-body.org
In case any of you Obama supporters actually want the facts.
http://www.johnmccain.com/content/blank.aspx?guid=9184f159-30d9-4b25-97ac-45133beb568e&sid=msn&t=media&r=rhetoricvsrecord

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, November 03, 2008 11:46 AM

Monday, November 03, 2008 12:15 PM on j-body.org
I don't. I think he's as big of a douchebag as McCain is...and yes, I lived in Arizona when he was governer--he is a douchebag.

As far as I'm concerned, the country needs to change, and change HARD. If you vote for a Republican or a Democrat you're voiting to keep things the same, status quo bipartisan system that screwed over the country and it's citizens.

Thus, I'm not voting either. I wouldn't throw away my vote on either of these two hemmorhoids.

And for the record, by not voting for either of these two, I do have the right to complain when they screw things up. The only ones without right to complain are the ones that voted the person in. I'd rather vote for someone who I think would do well or write someone in I think would do well that has no chance of winning than voting for someone that might when but would screw the country up further.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, November 03, 2008 12:33 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:In case any of you Obama supporters actually want the facts.
http://www.johnmccain.com/content/blank.aspx?guid=9184f159-30d9-4b25-97ac-45133beb568e&sid=msn&t=media&r=rhetoricvsrecord

Perhaps you would like some facts too

http://www.mccainpedia.org/index.php/Count_the_Lies

Monday, November 03, 2008 12:39 PM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
(tabs) wrote:
The same reason you're not voting for him... He is Black.

i'm sorry.....did you just say that you were voting for him because he is black? and that i am not voting for him because he is black? that is just such a simplistically ignorant statement that i'm not sure where to begin with it......seriously, just wow.

do you honestly think that i am disqualifying obama because of his skin color? like taetsch said....if that lets you sleep at night, then you can go on thinking that. that seems to be the thing that most obama supporters like to parade around. anybody who doesnt like obama is a racist, right? suuuuure. i mean i didnt lay out actual reasons that i didnt approve of him, such as his complete lack of experience. oh no....im a big, bad, bullying white man who is trying to keep a minority figure down. i also helped the cia introduce crack in the mid 80s for the same purpose..

If you remotely thought that was the reason I'm voting for Obama I suggest you remove the 12 foot pole from your ass and understand sarcasm or maybe you are you that gullible? Now, I know ( I hope at least )you would not be dumb enough to admit that on the internet that you would not vote for him because he is black, but I would not be surprised if that was case. God forbid a black man resides in the white house, right? I know those states in the north and those "bible belt states" are a little red around the neck and well their mentality is as retrograde as a wooden wagon wheel.

of course....because i dont support obama i must be an ignorant, bible-thumping redneck. no other reason could possibly fit into your narrow minded view, could it?

i suppose this is the part of the argument where i am supposed to espouse my professional and academic degrees and certifications, trying desperately to achieve in your eyes some level of intellectual respect, right? nah, i dont feel like humoring you. everyone knows i'll be starting my PhD next fall. ***oops....i guess i just let that one slip. my bad***

again...whatever helps you sleep at night, man. if it helps your cause to paint me as an ignorant racist, then by all means just call me kramer. but if you ever feel like growing up and opening your eyes to what ive already said, then just let me know.

I am not going to sit here and type up my degrees that have because I don't need deter the topic to not answer a question. But I tell you one thing (IF) you are going for your Ph-D, one wonders how did you get so far with out even knowing what liberalism is. But what ever the case your responses are not Ph-D material and wish you success on your long journey ahead.
As for sleeping well at night... I know I will sleep just fine that I will be voting for candidate that is actually friend a to this country and not a foe. I would have like to see other parties or even other candidates for the republican and democrat ticket, but unfortunately that was not the case.

(tabs) wrote:
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:As for your media regurgitating, very "basic," and lame argument on "no experience." Last time I checked, nobody in the presidential ticket is an incumbent, therefore NOBODY has any experience for being a president. The only one that could hold a candle on experience was Hillary as her husband was in the White House and she lived there, that right there is 8 years that could be added in her resume.

you're so right.....i just regurgitate what i hear from the media. the reality is that two years in office on the national level gives you a robust and full resume and makes you completely qualified to lead a country. and of course anyone over four years in office immediately receives negative experience points, making mccain about twenty some behind obama. isnt that how it works?

hell, PALIN has more executive experience than obama! but i guess in bizarro world that should count against her too, right?

Looks like you missed the point, or can't comprehend what I wrote to you, either way your response does not coincide with what I wrote. But one thing, if you remotely think that Palin is qualified for that position after opening her mouth on all these interviews, proves the point that the only reason you're going for McCain is because of party affiliation, therefore you're not a smart voter, to the very least informed voter.
Good thing voting is mandatory, right?

(tabs) wrote:
(tabs) wrote:
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Also before you start labeling "liberalism" like ignorant media and many politians do, I would suggest to read books on the father of liberalism: John Locke. You would be hard pressed to find out that you would fall under the category: Liberal.

i know who john locke is, so dont talk down to me like i am an unschooled child. i am a self proclaimed libertarian. we support individual freedoms and constitutional rights. the term "liberalism" or "liberals" in reference to our current political system denotes a more socialistic approach where the government supports its people through a welfare system.

If you had a blip of an idea on who John Locke is and more importantly knew the definition of liberalism according to the creator, you would not be throwing around the word "Liberal" to any notion that anything that comes from the left and ONLY left is liberal. What your are doing is regurgitating ignorant labels that media and dumb candidates spew out to try to categorize, belittle, or worse-- insult. If these a-holes knew just knew 50% of what liberalism is, I guarantee they would have to shut up. I'll give you a preview...The ONLY places I can say with authority that does not believe in liberalistic views is China, Saudi Arabia, etc.

*yawn*
if you cant accept that over time words or terms can achieve new meanings, then thats your problem. i cant help if you dont appreciate the way the word "liberal" is being used today. if you dont like it, talk to your "liberal" media about it....

Hey yawn all you want, but you are still ignorant on the notion and worst case you are spewing it like as if you know what it means. Lastly, words don't make new meaning to accommodate your stupidity, they are there as written in stone. And the right wing media and politicians all use it in the wrong context, worst thing about it, instead of learning what it means, here you are acting like a lemming and use it as to belittle people.
Good job there Ace.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Monday, November 03, 2008 12:49 PM on j-body.org

You ought to see how Reagan spoke then, there he was greater actor then when he was in Hollywood. And in the end, ran the country to the ground, just about as bad W. Bush is doing.

Monday, November 03, 2008 12:50 PM on j-body.org
I love how when someone doesn't believe the same thing you do they are stupid, sheep, racist, reverse racist or uneducated. This country is full of absolute idiots, this thread just enforcers that observation. People need to see things from the other side of the fence. If you don't believe the same way someone does why not try to understand their difference of opinion instead of looking down on it.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Monday, November 03, 2008 12:59 PM on j-body.org
Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:I love how when someone doesn't believe the same thing you do they are stupid, sheep, racist, reverse racist or uneducated. This country is full of absolute idiots, this thread just enforcers that observation. People need to see things from the other side of the fence. If you don't believe the same way someone does why not try to understand their difference of opinion instead of looking down on it.

Then answer question as to why not and don't repeat what the opponent said as he throwing anything to make something stick. Simple, no?

Monday, November 03, 2008 1:20 PM on j-body.org
I think people have grown so accustomed to listening to Bush stammer like an idiot for 8 years that Obama's ability to form coherent sentences just seems that much more impressive. He's a very talented orator, and while I respect both him and McCain, I won't be voting for either. I simply can't in good conscience help either of those parties in any way shape or form. Thus, I think I'll wind up voting for Nader in an effort to build a third party, where I WOULD be voting for Ron Paul, but according to his website, he is only an official candidate (ballot or write-in) in 3 states, none of which are NJ.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, November 03, 2008 1:25 PM on j-body.org
^^ In regargs to Obama's "good speaking" I was going beyond just physically being a good speaker. I meant more so-what he says in his speeches and how he goes about wording things in order have that edge. He has the ability to manipulate more than the average person or politician even in that sence.

Like I already mentioned... He was comparing himself to Martin Luther King and chose that date specifically. And used that little twist within his speech, with careful chosen words.

DO NOT get me wrong... I think ALL politicians are bull@!#$ artists... Just I feel Obama is especially good at it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search