Fatal Ohio JBO member accident.... - Page 6 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Fatal Ohio JBO member accident....
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:23 AM
Scout62 wrote:
wizkiddrummer wrote:If you were in a car wreck, even if it was ur fault and you were being stupid I am sure you would want someone to care.

-Seth
If I were dumb enough to do such a thing I would expect no one to take pity on me and if anyone did I wouldn't understand why.

Chris is only human and humans make mistakes, but that doesn't mean everything should be forgiven just because he got hurt. As far as him losing his g/f is concerned, if he loved her or cared for her at all he wouldn't have been driving like that with her in the car.

It just seems to me that people are glorifing this kid just because he drives a cav. Do you people not understand that he chose to drive like a moron and many lives including his own are shattered because of it?

I'm supposed to have sympathy for him because he survived a crash that he could have prevented?
A lot of people would be surprised that I'm not the one jumping up on the soapbox yelling this garbage.

Nobody is trying to "glorify" anything Chris may have done. They're hoping that he recovers. They're hoping that he LIVES. True, I've had my own theories about speed being involved in the accident. Earlier I even posted a very detailed (however theoretical) description of the series of events during the accident. Even though it was an important component of how things happened, you'll notice I left speed issues out of that description as well. Why? Because there are more important things to consider here.

Right now, there is a kid laying in a hospital bed with an uncertain future. There is another family grieving the loss of their daughter. Starting pissing contests and screaming about assigning blame isn't going to do a DAMN thing for either of them. This thread, and others like it, have remained civil to this point because others realize that as well and have the decency and humanity to wish good things for Chris, even if privately they think he may have been at fault.

These threads have steered a solid course and maintained a consistent topic and theme from the beginning and so far you are the only one to turn against that. Your posts here are no different than if you jumped into someone's regional meet thread and started bashing their meet, giving them crap about their cars, etc. Your comments are rude, off topic and unwelcome. If you can't put aside your venom for the sake of alot of people coming together to wish good things for one unfortunate kid then I strongly suggest you no longer post in this thread. Your hate does nobody any good here or in that hospital, so please check it at the door.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:34 AM
thanks Jimmy ^^^ The fact of the mater is that one of the guys we get the privilege to chat with is in the ICU holding on to his own life he has already suffered enough Ive not been in that situation but one of my friends from high school went through that. It is hard right or wrong the only thing to do is to show him that we as an organization ( that once again is a privilege thanks to Jimmiyz and Dave) still care Ive been on this forum for a year now and this was the first thing that Ive seen bring us together other than the bash, through all of the bickering and fighting on some of the posts that Ive seen it just shows you how big, and how close the org. can be and Im sure that is what these guys intended for the org to be when it got started, and yes there is the right to your own opinion and like in jimmyz box shows opinionated bastard but remember some things are better left to be unsaid. Hang in there Chris you've gata lot of people here praying for you Ive been checking out the post that your family has put together for you just to see how you are doing it is in my favorites and even though I don't know you very well your still a friend. and also to show that you have manny friends here wanting to help you get through this Rest In Peace Kacey I know you are helping him pull through.

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:42 AM
spyderJ wrote:that once again is a privilege thanks to Jimmiyz and Dave
Thanks for thinking I'm that important around here, but JBO exists thanks to Dave's hard work. I'm just along for the ride and help out where I can.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:46 AM
we all try to help sometimes hang in there Chris

06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 10:08 AM
Funny how people read into my words. I don't hate Chris. I think that if he was in the wrong (and it looks like he was) he should be dealt with if he recovers.

He's not being glorified? Look at all the votes in the JOTM thread.

I've voiced my opinion and backed it up with explination so I think I'm done here. There are people that feel the same way I do but most are affraid to say what they really feel for fear of being attacked on riddiculed. Obviously I don't care what you people think of me. I know in the end that I've been true to myself instead of being fake and jumping on whatever the popular bandwagon of the week is.

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
05 Cavalier, Clarion DXZ375MP, Autotek MM8000.5 & 13Kv.2, wife's old car, updates coming soon
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 10:12 AM
Scout62 wrote:Funny how people read into my words. I don't hate Chris. I think that if he was in the wrong (and it looks like he was) he should be dealt with if he recovers.

I've voiced my opinion and backed it up with explination so I think I'm done here. There are people that feel the same way I do but most are affraid to say what they really feel for fear of being attacked on riddiculed. Obviously I don't care what you people think of me. I know in the end that I've been true to myself instead of being fake and jumping on whatever the popular bandwagon of the week is.
The best way to avoid a "bandwagon" is to NOT JUMP ON IT.

If you don't like what you read here, don't post here.

kthx.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:37 AM
JimmyZ wrote:The best way to avoid a "bandwagon" is to NOT JUMP ON IT..

Last time I checked, going against the popular voice wasn't jumping on the bandwagon.

JimmyZ wrote:If you don't like what you read here, don't post here.

kthx.

That's funny, maybe you should take your own advise. If you don't like what I have to say, why reply to it?

Anyhow I'm done here, I've said all I needed to.

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
05 Cavalier, Clarion DXZ375MP, Autotek MM8000.5 & 13Kv.2, wife's old car, updates coming soon
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 12:17 PM
Pull through Chris, the gods are with you

"My name is Bruce, I live in a tree, I eat nuts and berries, hee hee hee hee."
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 12:20 PM
It is a tragedy what happened and my condolences go out the family. I hope that Chris pulls through. Other than that i leave it at that. It is a tragedy regardless we can leave our comment for a later time.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 12:36 PM
Scout62 wrote:
JimmyZ wrote:The best way to avoid a "bandwagon" is to NOT JUMP ON IT..

Last time I checked, going against the popular voice wasn't jumping on the bandwagon.

JimmyZ wrote:If you don't like what you read here, don't post here.

kthx.

That's funny, maybe you should take your own advise. If you don't like what I have to say, why reply to it?

Another example of just plain mean people. No respect for their admin/moderator and no respect for the dead. Yes someone may have made a mistake would you like someone to take that kinda attitude with you if you had brought someone out of this world that was close and dear to you? personally i think your full of it when you say you wouldnt want pity. I would want someone to understand someone to help someone to help me cope. Obviously there was some fatal flaw that night. Someone wasnt thinking straight or made a bad decision can you really say that you hope this kid doesnt come trhough? If so i already have pity on your soul.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:45 PM
Alexis wrote:
Ashley Becker wrote:
Alexis wrote:I don't know why I'm thinking this, but I could have sworn I saw something on tv saying "In loving memory of Kasey Burleson" or "dedicate to"

I dont remember what it was from either....damm i wish i remembered

You know people make mistakes and if he makes it I think he will be punished enough having to live with the fact that he killed his first love, and never got to say good bye, think about it.

Ashley....did you quote the right person?

No I didn't the guy above you scout62 or whatever his name is, sorry

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:46 PM
Scout62 wrote:Funny how people read into my words. I don't hate Chris. I think that if he was in the wrong (and it looks like he was) he should be dealt with if he recovers.

why dont you tell me what you think of me will ya, im not here to take credit but the flower thing was my idea and grimor executed it. how are we glorifying his actions ? the kid will never see that car again, he will never be able to drive it, he will never be able to crank the stereo up in it again the thing is toast. do you understand that ? can you comprehend that chris is in very bad shape right now. can you even imagine whats gonna happen when he does get better and they have to tell him that kasey his girlfriend was killed in the accident that he caused ? i dont think you can cause you wouldnt be posting this crap you are now. i have made a few enemies on this board and im not very happy about that if things could of been done difforently i would have done them.fact is no matter if we know/like the person we are a family here i know if i need help i can call on a select few that will help me without question can you do the same or is that why your so bitter in your last few posts ? we are all well aware that you dont care what we think of you , heres the question why are you still here ? seems to me like you have pissed off many people just from 5 posts i do believe thats a record. congrats you get the heartless bastard award of the week !

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:53 PM
jason rubito(beatz) wrote:

why dont you tell me what you think of me will ya, im not here to take credit but the flower thing was my idea and grimor executed it. how are we glorifying his actions ? the kid will never see that car again, he will never be able to drive it, he will never be able to crank the stereo up in it again the thing is toast. do you understand that ? can you comprehend that chris is in very bad shape right now. can you even imagine whats gonna happen when he does get better and they have to tell him that kasey his girlfriend was killed in the accident that he caused ? i dont think you can cause you wouldnt be posting this crap you are now. i have made a few enemies on this board and im not very happy about that if things could of been done difforently i would have done them.fact is no matter if we know/like the person we are a family here i know if i need help i can call on a select few that will help me without question can you do the same or is that why your so bitter in your last few posts ? we are all well aware that you dont care what we think of you , heres the question why are you still here ? seems to me like you have pissed off many people just from 5 posts i do believe thats a record. congrats you get the heartless bastard award of the week !

AMEN Jason,

NOW PLEASE EVERYONE LET THIS GUY BE, PEOPLE LIKE HIM CAN"T BE CHANGED

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 2:17 PM
to see this guy blaming chris is really shocking to me. Obviously you've never been through something like this to say something like that. As some of you know, i just lost my gf 3 weeks ago in a car accident we were in, and although she was killed by a drunk driver, the amount of guilt i feel for nor being able to save her is almost unbearable. i couldnt even imagine if i were directly responsible for the accident. Believe me, no one will be able to punish that kid more than he will punish himself. and he certainly doesn't need anyone telling him he's a loser, especially someone he doesn't even know. All we can hope for is that he can get better and learn frmo this event in his life. It's so unbelievable to see this happening to another family, another group of friends in the same situation as i am in only 3 weeks removed. I can only hope Chris can recover and be able to get through this time. The guilt that comes from something like this can be just as deadly as his physical injuries, and i just hope he can cope with this in a healthy manner and live some sort of life. God Bless Chris and Shelly, You are in MY prayers...

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 2:43 PM
Getting back on topic thank you for posting updates. And fallenangle thank you for being strong to seek updates. Right now everyone should simply read and learn and keep your personal biasis aside. This is a thread for hope and not hate, That would be hope for life. so don't try and turn that back around on me. Chris good luck to you and your family be strong because life is strange and you may never understand it you can only live with what you have and make the best of every moment given.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 2:43 PM

Its about d@#n time. I'm sorry like I posted before keep your posts to your self if your not going to say anything nice. He is and will always be member as well as the rest of us. Don't start bashing him especially if you are so raped up in your self(Scout62) that you Don't know what is going on, and I give much respect to Jimmy, Jason, grimor,Fallen Angle, Queenz, and everyone else that has posted there concern over this tragedy yes what he did may have been wrong but you my self or anyone here cant change that. Just for a day put your self in his shoes O I forgot you are to Old and grown up and your perfect that is BS your human just like the rest of us and your as old as I am and I'm sure when you where his age you thought you were invensable too. but D@#n man give respect to thoes that know him and are struggling with this that are on this forum and STOP POSTING it is hard enough for some people here. If you have a problem with what I am saying email me and let me know Don't hide behind this forum. That is all I have to say people like him that Don't open there eyes and see the whole sorry just p!$$ me off now lets get back to what this is about CHRIS SHELLY and his familys O and Scout62 when he pulls through this I think you need to give him an apology for being a prick Hang in there Chris the JBO family is praying for you man.

06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 3:23 PM
spyderJ wrote:Anyhow I'm done here, I've said all I needed to.

Its about d@#n time. I'm sorry like I posted before keep your posts to your self if your not going to say anything nice. He is and will always be member as well as the rest of us. Don't start bashing him especially if you are so raped up in your self(Scout62) that you Don't know what is going on, and I give much respect to Jimmy, Jason, grimor,Fallen Angle, Queenz, and everyone else that has posted there concern over this tragedy yes what he did may have been wrong but you my self or anyone here cant change that. Just for a day put your self in his shoes O I forgot you are to Old and grown up and your perfect that is BS your human just like the rest of us and your as old as I am and I'm sure when you where his age you thought you were invensable too. but D@#n man give respect to thoes that know him and are struggling with this that are on this forum and STOP POSTING it is hard enough for some people here. If you have a problem with what I am saying email me and let me know Don't hide behind this forum. That is all I have to say people like him that Don't open there eyes and see the whole sorry just p!$$ me off now lets get back to what this is about CHRIS SHELLY and his familys O and Scout62 when he pulls through this I think you need to give him an apology for being a prick Hang in there Chris the JBO family is praying for you man.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 3:27 PM
i am even trying to imagine my daughter who is only two years old in that situation. It would really P**s me off to see thing like that. I am talking about her being in either situation. They last thing you want to hear is what they did wrong you just want to them to make it through.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 3:35 PM
my thoughts and prayers go out to chris hope he pulls through never met the guy b4 in my life never chatted with him but like jimmyz said WERE ALL ONE BIG FAMILY HERE, we all help eachother when and if we need it and chris needs it right now i know how it is to loose a loved on in an accident it's very very hard to deal with so every one keep doing what your doing consol him and pray when he find out his g/f's gone he may become suicidal (especially if he loved her that much) but everyones doing a great job and i hope he pulls though

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 3:41 PM
I know I said I was done, but I just can't let people putting words in my mouth go on.

Someone, anyone, quote me where I said I hated Chris. Quote me where I said I thought he was a murderer. Quote me where I said I think he shouldn't make it.

I never said any of those things. I feel sorry for the guy cause he got hurt, and I do hope he gets better. My point is that I don't think him getting hurt and any mental anguish he may suffer from killing is g/f excuses him from legal justice. If he was driving recklessly and committed vehicular manslaughter he deserves to be punished.

Anyone that thinks I'm hiding behind this board can email me, I'll give you my address so we can talk face to face over this or any other issue.

If my opinions make us "enemies" then that just shows you have bad character and weak moral fiber because you can't get over the fact that not all people believe what you do and only you are right.

Why would I leave just for not caring what people think of me? It's not like I asked what you thought and didn't like the answer, nor did have I tried to suppress your thoughts like you have tried to do to mine. I get plenty of tech help here and I've help quite a few people. Even though I no longer have a J at this time I'll still be around to help more people.

I have no chip on my shoulder, no god complex, no hatred for anyone here even the people that have voiced strong words against me. I simply stated what I believe and proceeded to defend my stance.

Brian Stafford
email: scout62@cox.net

PS some people need to use the spell check, it's hard to follow some of your posts.

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 4:31 PM
Scout62 - if it was up to me you would of been banned for a week from your first post in this thread.

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 5:05 PM
you know what...its a tragic thing that happened, the loss of a life and chris barely hanging on...my thoughts and prayers are with you Chris and your family... But now we got sum ass posting in here with all this negativity towards what happened. Keep your damn comments to yourself if your not gonna lend support to Chris or his family at this time in his life...this is about him not about you (Scout).
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 5:26 PM
Damn that is HORRIBLE,
My condolences to the family and friends of the victims

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 6:01 PM
Scout62 wrote:Quote me where I said I thought he was a murderer.

Scout62 wrote:So if I go murder some people will I be JOTM for January?

what should we infer from this?

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 6:33 PM
Grimor wrote:Scout62 - if it was up to me you would of been banned for a week from your first post in this thread.
I second that but it should longer or until he apologizes to Chris

06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search