Fatal Ohio JBO member accident.... - Page 7 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Fatal Ohio JBO member accident....
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 6:49 PM
Brown eye wrote:
Scout62 wrote:Quote me where I said I thought he was a murderer.

Scout62 wrote:So if I go murder some people will I be JOTM for January?

what should we infer from this?

How about nothing? It is what it is. I didn't say he murdered anyone. Why would you read anything into my comments, I felt they were pretty clear.

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
05 Cavalier, Clarion DXZ375MP, Autotek MM8000.5 & 13Kv.2, wife's old car, updates coming soon

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 6:59 PM
i just also want to say something I lived threw my car wreck lucky because the paramedics said to me and my ex gf you guys are very lucky you guys didnt die that night and ask yourself something what would you think if the paramedics said that to you?. and yes its been 3 years since my wreck and i am lucky to be live to tell you guys this.
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 6:59 PM
I wrote:These threads have steered a solid course and maintained a consistent topic and theme from the beginning and so far you are the only one to turn against that. Your posts here are no different than if you jumped into someone's regional meet thread and started bashing their meet, giving them crap about their cars, etc. Your comments are rude, off topic and unwelcome. If you can't put aside your venom for the sake of alot of people coming together to wish good things for one unfortunate kid then I strongly suggest you no longer post in this thread. Your hate does nobody any good here or in that hospital, so please check it at the door.
I don't know what is so difficult to understand about this. If this is so important to you, then start your own thread to air your point of view. Let me know how that works out for you.

You are clearly in the minority here, and I'm not going to lock what has otherwise been a good thread for a lot of people because of the babbling of one idiot with no tact or respect.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:12 PM
Its alright guys. When Chris gets better and gets to read this post, we won't have to tell him how much of an ass Scout62 has been. He'll be able to read it himself. Hang in there Chris, we're praying for you buddy.
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:12 PM
spyderJ wrote:
Grimor wrote:Scout62 - if it was up to me you would of been banned for a week from your first post in this thread.
I second that but it should longer or until he apologizes to Chris

Apologize for what? Thinking someone that commits a crime should be punished?

I just don't understand how very few people seem to care that someone got killed by Chris' actions. You guys seem to think it's ok because she was his g/f so he must feel a lot of remorse. How would you guys know what he is feeling or will feel in the future, you must all be psychic.

I can't see why everyone has such a huge problem with my comments. Here they are again in the clearest form possible:

I don't hate Chris.
I feel sorry for his family.
I don't feel sorry for Chris.
I don't think he intentionally killed Kasey.
I feel sorry for Kasey, her family, and the driver of the other car.
I hope Chris survives.
I think Chris should be punished for his actions if it's found that a crime was committed.

Please don't read anything in to them, they are what they are. I don't think I can make it any clearer than that.

I'm truly done in this thread now, feel free to email me about anything I have said if you feel this needs to be discussed further.

scout62@cox.net

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
05 Cavalier, Clarion DXZ375MP, Autotek MM8000.5 & 13Kv.2, wife's old car, updates coming soon
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:22 PM
scout i honestly wish i could ban you for good. and i have never felt like that in my years here on the org. i must say its a first for me. i honestly hope your done with this and another thread thats involve Chris, honestly i hope your done with jbo in a whole, we have enough idiots here we dont need a heartless insensitive bastard on here at the same time.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:25 PM
who are u talking about jason? me?
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:30 PM
1 1 wrote:who are u talking about jason? me?

No, he's talking to me.

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:45 PM
Quote:

I just don't understand how very few people seem to care that someone got killed by Chris' actions. You guys seem to think it's ok because she was his g/f so he must feel a lot of remorse. How would you guys know what he is feeling or will feel in the future, you must all be psychic.

i guarentee you everybody here does care that he killed someone. But the people here at JBO have the will to FORGIVE this person for his actions. It was an ACCIDENT, nothing more than that, you weren't in the car so you dont know what happened. Most of us here dont know what he is feeling or will feel, and i bet you 100% that none of us want to feel what he will/is feeling. This is where JBO comes together for someone as a family, because that's who we are here. I dont know many people here at all, but i visit daily and consider them my brothers and sisters. It's sad that you just can't see it was a MISTAKE and he has to deal with this the REST OF HIS LIFE!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:59 PM
Quote:

JimmyZ Online
Today 7:59 PM

I wrote:

These threads have steered a solid course and maintained a consistent topic and theme from the beginning and so far you are the only one to turn against that. Your posts here are no different than if you jumped into someone's regional meet thread and started bashing their meet, giving them crap about their cars, etc. Your comments are rude, off topic and unwelcome. If you can't put aside your venom for the sake of alot of people coming together to wish good things for one unfortunate kid then I strongly suggest you no longer post in this thread. Your hate does nobody any good here or in that hospital, so please check it at the door.
I don't know what is so difficult to understand about this. If this is so important to you, then start your own thread to air your point of view. Let me know how that works out for you.

You are clearly in the minority here, and I'm not going to lock what has otherwise been a good thread for a lot of people because of the babbling of one idiot with no tact or respect.

Wow the big bad JIMMY Z getting a taste of his OWN Medicine.

Weird how karma works isn't it ther are area in other forums that people feel the same way abotu YOUR comments but YOU can't seem to listen to them why should scout

Now that my attack on Jimmycap is done:

In regards to this whole thread. I had a friend In an EXACT same incident and I KNOW what is going through the minds of the Victims and the Victims Families. I wish the best for all involved in this inciddent. There is nothign worse thenm coming too and hearing the news casue when he does come too guess what his first questin is going to be after "what Happend".

However scout is partially right he has said nothign wrong in my EYEs IF and I quote again "IF" somethign criminal was involved wether it be speeding or what He should be prosocuted to the fullest extent of the law but if it TRUKY wa FREAK accident then he should go on about his business.

(Insert really cool picture of my car with some catchy name or slogan here)
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:59 PM
I need to get this off my chest and will only mention this event just once, if it involves a temp ban, so be it. Its amazing sometimes to see what happens when you get home from work.

Scout:

7 years ago, my fiancee was killed in a car wreck. I was not the driver, nor was I in the car. She was travelling with her family to visit her grandparents. The car spun out in the ice. Pops was speeding. He told me as such. She, her mother and sister died. Father lived.

You can not imagine the immense emotional pain one goes through at that age. Shortly thereafter drugs, alcohol and depression sank in. 2 years later, I cleaned myself up somewhat, realized that there was nothing that I could have done to prevent that fateful day, and moved on. I miss her every day, and will for the rest of my life.

I do not hate her father for what happened, I forgave him repeatedly. Life sometimes likes to take a @!#$ on you. Accidents happen, people make mistakes, tragedy occurs.

Not ONE person ever said to her father "I hope you go to jail for what you did" Not even me.

Total strangers were doing the same that we are now. Offering prayers and condolances.

Scout, reading your posts against Chris, it hurts not only me, but others that have been there, as well as those that have to go through this now. I take great personal offense as I HAVE BEEN THERE. I know what will happen when Chris comes around. What he needs now and in the future is support and caring. All it will take is one person to end the hope, and you, sir, are becoming that one.

/soapbox

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:12 PM
this really @!#$ sucks... all of it..... that's my 2 cents...

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:37 PM
This is the sadest thread I've sat and read
7 page's of knoledge of life and death
Thought's and prayer's out reached
Memorie's are kept in deep
Speak the name of an Angel
All will repeat.
R.I.P. Kasey Burleson.

I live in Burleson,Tx I have no connection to Chris or Kasey but found this thread very moving. My thought's and Prayer's go out to the Familie's and Friend's in this tragedy.
Chris get well soon. Hope everything work's out for you. Kasey's Love will never End.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:48 PM
Scout62 wrote:
spyderJ wrote:
Grimor wrote:Scout62 - if it was up to me you would of been banned for a week from your first post in this thread.
I second that but it should longer or until he apologizes to Chris

Apologize for what? Thinking someone that commits a crime should be punished?

I can't see why everyone has such a huge problem with my comments. Here they are again in the clearest form possible:

I don't hate Chris.
I feel sorry for his family.
I don't feel sorry for Chris.
I don't think he intentionally killed Kasey.
I feel sorry for Kasey, her family, and the driver of the other car.
I hope Chris survives.
I think Chris should be punished for his actions if it's found that a crime was committed.

Please don't read anything in to them, they are what they are. I don't think I can make it any clearer than that.

I'm truly done in this thread now, feel free to email me about anything I have said if you feel this needs to be discussed further.

scout62@cox.net

I feel pretty much the same way. I hope for the sake of his family he has a full recovery.
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:53 PM
spud_51 wrote:

It was an ACCIDENT, nothing more than that, you weren't in the car so you dont know what happened. [ /quote]

Of course it was an accident, no one disputes that, but, by all accounts, it may turn out to be much more than that.

It is too early to speculate, especially when Chris is recoverying, and I'm sure everyone wishes him well with that aspect of his future.

Similar incidents have resulted in felony charges.
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 9:06 PM
Sounds like to me he was driving recklessly, 70 in a 45 from the AIM convo, and from the witness he was speeding and trying to pass someone.

So where are the anti-street racers and people against reckless drivers to comment about how terrible of a kid this is? It seemed so easy for everyone in the VS forums to mock everyone that had drove recklessly on the street and tell them how stupid they were, even made comments about how they wished they would die, even if it was supposed to be taken in a light joke.

Now it seems like everyone is here is condoning his obvious reckless driving by even trying to make him JOTM. That is just what I have noticed, I haven't been involved in any of the sides, just pointing something out.

I don't wish death apon anyone and truely hope the kid pulls through, no matter what anyone does, death doesn't justify anothers death. I do know if I had done something of the sort, I would want to be punished with the full extent of the law.
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 9:55 PM
i dont think the issue is that he was speeding...

the issue is no one knows for sure... and untill then it shouldnt be an issue...

if he was speeding... so be it, worry about it then

but the issue now is a member of our community is in bad shape... and could use our help...

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 10:00 PM
How is it that a page that was going in the right direction (a page to show sum support and words of encouragement to the tragic event that happened) turned out to be about sum cold hearted F%^&S who's post really wasnt necessary...if you dont want to show sum support or if you cant feel for what this kid is ABOUT to go through...then get the F#$K out. You and your petty a$$ comments are not needed here. Now i may be a noob in here, but from what i get from everyone in here is WE ARE A FAMILY...now let me tell you sumthing...I DIDNT HAVE A FAMILY, SO WHEN PEOPLE EXTEND THEIR HAND TO CHRIS IN HIS TIME OF NEED and show him support like a family would...and someone like you comes in here with your lil F#$King comments...it gets under everyones skin...so whatever if you wanna further discussion about it EMAIL ME OR IM ME...

Chris Shelly: Bro, you gotta get strong man...we are all counting on you to come back in here and join us once again. You are in my thoughts, prayers and heart man.

TO ANYONE IN HERE I MIGHT OFF OFFENDED I APOLOGIZE...i just cant stand insensitive little pricks.
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 10:01 PM
condolences to all involved

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 10:03 PM
EXESIVE FIRE (Andy Brooks) wrote:i dont think the issue is that he was speeding...

the issue is no one knows for sure... and untill then it shouldnt be an issue...

if he was speeding... so be it, worry about it then

but the issue now is a member of our community is in bad shape... and could use our help...

exactly... people need to stop making assumptions. nobody knows exactly what happened. none of us were there. all we know is that its a tragic affair and he needs all the support he can get. why not have a group as large as JBO help out with that?... unfortunatly im willing to bet after the accident he will lose all interest in J-bodies, modding cars, and even driving at all... he probably wont be on here much if at all. Besides guys, not trying to be morbid or pessimistic, but he hasnt recovered yet. theres still a chance he wont make it. so we should be thinking and praying more about his recovery and survival right now than his intentions, his guilt, his actions, his car, or anything like that. right now his life is all that matters.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 10:08 PM
I'd like to know how you lose control of a car over the center median without driving recklessly when there is a witness and other accounts of him speeding and switching lanes.

Im not asking if this is pervious to the topic, I am just curious why this kid is being nominated for JOTM when everyone was strongly outlashing against the entire VS forum for driving recklessly. The same people that were so against it and wished terrible things to those who did drive recklessly, are now providing him with support. Just curious. Don't take this as me going against anything that has happened, I am just asking for answers.

Remember guys, this is just the internet, don't take things so seriously. I have heard that too many times not to say it back, well this is serious.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 10:14 PM
Alls I am pointing out is a lot of people weren't a family to the guys in the VS forums because what they were doing was reckless. They mocked them, and used relentless amounts of posts just to criticize and belittle them.

Ok, so no one knows for sure. But if what did happen was he was driving recklessly, are the people that wished death apon the street racers and reckless drivers going to hold their groud when the used to say Die Street Racers... Die?
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 10:15 PM
Michael, perhaps if you look at it this way...

Take Chris's name out of every post involved and replace it with yours. Same scenario. I am willing to guarantee that the same response would have been received.

It's not so much the actions leading up to the accident, or even the possible poor judgment. It is that there is a member of the JBO family seriously injured. Miguel summed it up nicely, we should:

Quote:

show him support like a family would

It matters not that we may know him personally, but each and every one that shows support and condolances may have, in one form or another, a connection to Chris. Be it from a similar experience all the way to a caring heart.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 10:45 PM
Hundreds of J-Bo members came here looking for support, even if it wasn't what everyone agreed with. Illegal as street racing is, so is failure to keep your vehicle under control. Yet, I don't see the people that said such terrible thing to the VS forums people, in here continuing THEIR cold heartedness towards this kid. I see two faced people all over.

I guess it just takes someone to get hurt to actually realize that everyone is only human and people make mistakes.

Still doesn't answer why there are so many people that are destructively cruel towards the VS forum participants.
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 10:53 PM
Michael Smith wrote:I guess it just takes someone to get hurt to actually realize that everyone is only human and people make mistakes.

That is it exactly. Perhaps there can be much to learn from all of this in that no one is invincible.

Michael Smith wrote:Still doesn't answer why there are so many people that are destructively cruel towards the VS forum participants.

I have my theories, however it would be best not to post them openly. As I only have 1 post in the VS forum, and do not read the topics contained within, I do not know first hand of what you are implying.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search