Fatal Ohio JBO member accident.... - Page 9 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Fatal Ohio JBO member accident....
Thursday, December 01, 2005 1:30 AM
Heres an update for everyone. This was written to me today in my email by one or Chris' close friends.

"Dear Kacey,
Thanks so much for your kind words. At first, those mean people really
pissed me off, but I think now I realize everyone is entitled to their
own oppinion and they are free to express theirs.
I talked to Chris's father for a long time at the hospital yesterday.
I went to see Chris first. He had his eyes open and he was looking
around the room and at his mom and me. His mom says earlier in the day he
followed her finger with his eyes, but no one knows if he did it
intentionally. His dad basically said the doctors arent saying anything to
give them hope because the brain is so weird it could go either way at
this point. He had a small fracture in his neck, but it didnt cause any
paralysis. His dad basically said there is bruising in the brain from
Chris coming to a sudden stop and his brain still moving around. The
doctors dont know how much damage was caused until the bruising goes
away and the swelling stops. They havent said when that would be.
I'm not going to see him today because his mom and the doctors said he
had a rough day yesterday. He gets very uncomfortable and begins to
show signs of restlessness and the doctors would like him to rest more
and not move around as much so I'm staying away to let him get better
today. I'll probably go back tomorrow and visit him because they think it
helps when people come to see him and touch his hands and stuff.
Just write back I guess and if I hear anything new I'll shoot you an
email.
Also, check for updates at http://chrisshelly.6te.net"

be strong chris, and keep fighting~!

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Thursday, December 01, 2005 1:44 AM
Only thing I have to say after reading every post is this:

Chris most likely will not have any memory of the accident even if he does make a full recovery.

Its in the accident investigation teams hands to determine what happened.

To the family and friends my thoughts and prayers are with all the people involved in this incident.

||Click to visit my Cardomain page|Omaha Racing|Nebraska Region SCCA||
Thursday, December 01, 2005 4:23 AM
Tommy Boy ( Brutus ) wrote:Only thing I have to say after reading every post is this:

Chris most likely will not have any memory of the accident even if he does make a full recovery.

Its in the accident investigation teams hands to determine what happened.

To the family and friends my thoughts and prayers are with all the people involved in this incident.

The accident investigation team would have already made their conclusions by now. Hence why we get the head on crash thing. My only thought about it is that the Chris's car actually spun out in the road and was heading in the opposite direction of the Ford. They may consider it headon because of the opisite direction of travel. The pictures shure dont show evidence of a head on collision. This is just my take on it but its the only thing that makes sense after looking at the collision photos.
Thursday, December 01, 2005 6:50 AM
^^ wow how about we get back to what this thread was intended for

not to sound rude, but start your own thread called "theories on how this happened, whos to balme" blah blah blah

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Thursday, December 01, 2005 7:10 AM
I posted a bulletin on myspace if anyone wants to check it out.....kind of a long link just to warn everyone....

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.read&messageID=330711988&Mytoken=BBA52A6F-9684-4C94-BF04BC0D18C799E0805917078

Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:01 AM
Quote:

^^ wow how about we get back to what this thread was intended for

not to sound rude, but start your own thread called "theories on how this happened, whos to balme" blah blah blah

MY POST FROM YESTERDAY

Quote:

I cant believe this..... The thought of someone at 16 years old losing their life in an automobile accident is horrific. At this point in time we have a member in a hospital fighting for his life. You guys need to think back to when you were thier ages. A 16 year old girl is dead. She will never get to graduate highschool or go to her prom. Think back at everything you have done between the time you were 16 and however old you are now. She will never get to do those things. There is an 18 year old boy in a hospital fighting for his life if and when he does pull through he will have to deal with the reality that his girlfriend is dead and he was driving when the accident occured. Think about that for a minute. Think about waking up one day and realizing that while you were driving the person you love was killed. Its really disturbing you guys are fighting over something to stupid when we should all be praying for him to pull through and for the family of his girlfriend in the hardest thing they have ever had to deal with. There is not a single member of this group that can say they have never gone over the speed limit, not a one. I really hope you guys take a minute and think about what you guys are doing. There are no solid facts that anyone has been able to provide and you are wishing this person on their death bead harm. My thoughts and prayers are with the friends and faimlies that have been effected by this tragic accident as well as one of our own fighting to live.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 10:42 AM
man reading kasey's myspace comments is so depressing.....i feel so bad or them and their families

Thursday, December 01, 2005 4:59 PM
didnt know how many had seen this yet :

this is kaseys guestbook that someone in her family has set up....

kaseys guestbook

its so hard just to read that

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:12 PM
I''ve been following this post since it started and it is truely the saddest thing i've heard. My heart goes out to the families of chris and kacey and for everyone here on the org i strongly urge you to submit a comment to that guestbook...i took the liberty of giving kacey 's parents all of our deepest sympathy and i think it would be nice if they hear from all of us to know that we are all out there and we are all giving them support in their difficult time

Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:13 PM
WOW! Kasey's guestbook is really hard to read without even a tear coming to the eye. I feel so bad for Chris. No matter who was at fault or whatever happened, no one should have to go through the pain of losing someone.....

Get well Chris, I hope to see you post again...

RIP Kasey..

APlusperformance.com January 2005 Ride Of The Month
Sponsored by APlusPerformance.com
Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:14 PM
hey guys, also just wanted to let you know, that the pictures of the crash arnt available anymore. i emailed the person who originally had those pictures on his site, and he has removed them. the family from what i understood by being in touch with one of chris' friends, didnt want them being shown all over and either wanted them removed or pw protected. so they have been removed, just thought i would let everyone know in case they couldnt get the link to work .

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:37 PM
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SADDDDDDDDDD I'm so sorry to hear about this.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 6:07 PM
Imagine if we had no internet. Crazy how so many people can hear of one accident and we can all look back and feel somewhat attached to the person because of a website. I felt really sad reading this last night. I actually want to drive down to Ohio to give Chris some flowers and balloons for his room, just something. Maybe give his parents a hug, or some hope. I dunno, I feel crappy knowing there is nothing I can do to help him get better, and more crappier knowing after he is better he will be without his g/f and it seems the survivor always blams themselves afterwards. I hope he pulls thru, and I hope his G/F's family will make it through.

My Myspace Page
Thursday, December 01, 2005 9:12 PM
Chris... keep fighting this ... we're all pulling for you... and my condolences to Kasey's family and friends ... what a horrible tragedy for them to deal with... hang in there

Friday, December 02, 2005 1:18 PM
Look, I don't care what happened in regards to the accident, so I don't think anyone should be passing judgement, at the least not in this moment in time. If some individuals feel they have an opinion of what happened, or something related to this accident, street racing, or the actions/responses of other individuals in the past, please move on and save it for another thread. This one is reserved in support of Chris Shelley.

I'm simply here to offer my thoughts and prayers to the families of Kasey and Chris, and of course to Chris Shelley and the late Kasey Burleson themselves.

Kasey and Chris, I didn't know either of you, but your both in my thoughts. Chris, I hope we all get a chance to hear from you again soon man. I hope you pull through without anything major physically, as we all know you'll have enough to go through. Best wishes.
Friday, December 02, 2005 6:05 PM
Hey I made a membership just so I could comment on here... I am one of Kasey's bestfriends who was in the car with Chris. This is a really rough time to go through and seeing this site has helped it. I wasn't even aware of this website until today and it just shocks me how concerned everyone here is about everyone. The passing of Kasey has changed many things in my life like slowing down and putting on my seatbelt. I hope it has done the same for you. Speed is what caused this accident and I hope all of you are smart about where you go fast. The gratitude here is very well appreciated. THankyou
Friday, December 02, 2005 6:19 PM
Welcome Samantha!

I'd like to apologize for those who's comments weren't "appropriate"... and welcome you to our forums.

Chris and Kasey's story has touched many of us... and definately touched a spot in my heart... as you can see many others as well.

Again welcome and feel free to stick around if you wish!

Friday, December 02, 2005 6:39 PM
Quote:

Hey I made a membership just so I could comment on here... I am one of Kasey's bestfriends who was in the car with Chris. This is a really rough time to go through and seeing this site has helped it. I wasn't even aware of this website until today and it just shocks me how concerned everyone here is about everyone. The passing of Kasey has changed many things in my life like slowing down and putting on my seatbelt. I hope it has done the same for you. Speed is what caused this accident and I hope all of you are smart about where you go fast. The gratitude here is very well appreciated. THankyou

Welcome to the site glad you stoped in. We are all pulling for Chris to get well. I know all of us have you and the rest of your friends and Chrises and Kaseys families in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us in the loop and let us know what is going on. If there is anything we can do for you let us know.
Saturday, December 03, 2005 3:04 PM
anyone heard any updates on chris lately??

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Saturday, December 03, 2005 3:44 PM

Quote:

Friday, December 2, 2005 - Chris is moving his left arm a little more today. He opens his eyes when asked to sometimes. He followed a doctor with his eyes once. Small smile a couple times. Everything else is unchanged.

Saturday, December 03, 2005 6:35 PM
samatha welcome to our home away from home. we, for the most part, are a community/family. most didnt know chris at all much less kasey. yet he was part of this family and we feel a lose as yall do. no matter the reason we lost a family member and another is in need of our help and we stand by his side to await his recovery.

Saturday, December 03, 2005 6:44 PM
for the family/friends that stop by here/join we as a family have voted to have chris's car to be j-body of the month for december in honor/memory of this tragic event. may this lift his spirits and help to see theres a bigger unknown family supporting his recovery...

december j of the month- chris

Sunday, December 04, 2005 8:46 AM
for the negativity....may he without sin cast the first stone....

for the people affected I hope that they pull through...chriss you'll be okay just keep hanging in there there are alot of people behind you. you really don't know how much back up you have untill something goes wrong. I will check on your progress everyday. I don't post much but this was different.......my condolences with the families that had to live through this.....
Sunday, December 04, 2005 3:10 PM
My condolences to Family/Friends and Chris.

So much bad happens in the world today.. and it always seems to affect the youth hardest. In instances like these. Chris, be strong and pull through. Human will and determination is one of the greater mysteries in life. When everything is against you... we somehow survive and pull through. There's nothing you can't do when you never stop fighting. If your will is strong and your heart is behind it... you can overcome great obsticals that are laid before us. Just please be strong and don't give up.. keep fighting.

Kacey rest in peace, you will be remembered by thousands of people who never even knew you. We all mourn for your passing. May she forever be remembered in the Hearts of those who knew her.. and those who did not.

Sadly enough, In life.. comes death. The passing from a physical form into a spiritual form. So lets smile and remember what truly matter the most, is the time that we spend here on this earth with the ones we love and charish. In times like these it reminds us how precious life really is.... it's sad that we forget that from time to time.

As to the JBO community, please be safe this holiday season when driving. Don't drink & Drive.. or push yourself to the limit. Life is worth more than something that can wait. Think before you act, becasue sometimes the outcome is far worse than anything else. If need be, leave a place early so theres no rush.. or stay. There will always be a tomorrow, and for you to wake up on that morning is the most precious gift ANYONE can ever obtain. I've been there down that road of not knowing what the outcome of your life will be in the next day... week... month.. Please dont' take life for granted. Especially for the people who love and care about you.

With that said, Chris & Kacey you're in my thoughts & prayers. Chris get better soon, you CAN overcome this obsticle in life. God never gives us anything that we can't handle if we surpass the initial blow. I can testify to that. Get well soon!

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Sunday, December 04, 2005 7:36 PM
I lost a close friend last year in a similar way...

He was driving to fast in around the community because he had been argueing with his girlfriend...

I remember getting a call sometime around the next afternoon of his death.

He put his car into a house, dieing on impact. Saddly his father died in a auto acciedent as well.

All I can say is that this is just like that all over again. Except for the fact that I didn't know Chris. However my thoughts and wish's are defently out there for him. Its always sad and very depressing to see something like this happen to anyone. Even if you don't know them, it's still sad.

I hope chris is able to read this soon, and realize how close that JBO can really be.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search