Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean) - Page 251 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean)
Monday, July 02, 2012 12:08 PM
good call on the water filter. need one of those at work BAD. and congrats on the house!

but yea, got my silver 2000 z rollin. runs great. srt-4 wheels, lowered on dpsecs/tenzo's. heads in this afternoon for a cobalt ss muffler (has dc sports header, test pipe and a 2.5" catback).

goes in on the 11th for a dyno tune.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 2:26 PM
Who's tuning you z?
Also steve, corey car actually runs?
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 9:39 PM
Yeah it runs. Found out the starter was causing a short to the fuse box.

Everything is good on it now, he just needs a new battery.

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 10:08 PM
excessive autosports in sux falls

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Saturday, September 08, 2012 9:32 PM
Brad your still on

I wanted to share my cobalt is now gone.. got the car back from the tranny shop and it still has issues. traded it in for a 2013 Acura ILX Today... i pick the car up tuesday.

Monday, December 24, 2012 11:41 AM
It's not a Jbody but I now own a 09 Cobalt... Slow as @!#$ too, I love it

99z for 2015.. I'm back bitches
Monday, May 13, 2013 9:54 PM
I hear an echo in here. Wake up people!!
Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:32 AM
Hey everybody. Been a while. Kids and stuff keep me busy besides two jobs.on that note if anyone knows
Of someone looking for some m62 parts, grand a-arms, or a snow methanol injection kit that needs to be looked at
I'm just basically looking to more the stuff.
Can put up pics but it would include m62 , intake manifold, water pump and mount,
Ls1 t.b. adapter and t.b. that needs a sensor in it, belts and tensioner, I don't remember much more off hand.
Anyhow best way to contact me is 402*650*2460 or email at cakers785@gmail.com

Hope everyones doing well!
Friday, May 24, 2013 12:17 PM
Is this thread going to @!#$?

Monday, May 27, 2013 8:33 AM
yes phil. it is LOL

as an update, shiz... i have a whole new car. silver supercharged 2000 z24... will be a 5 speed here soon. picked it up for $375 bucks a few years back with a blown LD9 and me and trevor put the engine from my white car in it. got it running last may so it's been in the fleet for about a little over a year now. its taken me that year to really clean it up. new z24 rear bumper with lip (thanks again trevor), new z24 trunk/spoiler, well much better condition that the shiz i had anyway. also did the 95-99 front end and had it painted to match. far as i know its the only silver 95-99 front ended z24 ive ever seen anyways.

as far as the engine goes, its got LO cams but otherwise completely stock. dc sports header. steigemeier ported/polished blower that i recently rebuilt including new case needle bearings. 2.4" snout pulley and oversized crank pulley. far as i know its the only official one to have both those pullies ran. it hits boost instantly and rides 10psi out through about 90% of the power band. its a hell of a lot of fun to drive, even with the automatic. meth injection (cody, what all do you have for parts? i have a snow kit...) 62mm throttle body, intake. yada yada yada the list goes on and on.

planning a compound boost setup for next season. gt35r equivalant PTE turbo as well as the steigemeier "venom cooler" thats basically a heat exchanger setup for the snout and having them lighten the rotors i think will ensure the compound setup will be north of 300whp all day long even in the heat and have one of the absolutely sickest power band's ever seen on an LD9. gobs of torque down low and middle with the blower, then the turbo takes over for what it lacks, high rpm big boy boost. also have all the goodies to do the co2 cryo2 intake bulbs/intercooler sprayer for the track when its getting beaten on to keep the IATs' down even more.

with just the blower, stock motor, all the goodies i have, and a dyno tune with the 5speed id like to try and beat the m45 record of 226whp this summer. if its possible, we'll see but i absolutely think so. i have everything i need to convert to e85 including 60# injectors and a racetronix fuel pump. the myth that e85 cannot be run on a j-body safely is greatly exagerated. all you do is add around 30% larger injectors and do not tune the "constant" for them. you leave it as is. this way the o2 sensor still reads a safe oxygen content (since it reads in lambda, in which case is the exact same measurement from gas to e85) and just fine tune the fuel and wot afr from there with hp tuners on the dyno. it so simple a baby can do it... as long as you have the fuel delivery. the myth that running e85 and it will "melt down" the engine due to different blends is also greatly exaggerated. a little rich is all it could be, nothing so out of this world that its going to blow past the rings and contaminate the oil like some may think.

so yes, i am this bored at work to type this book. enjoy reading, boys!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, May 27, 2013 8:35 AM

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Friday, July 05, 2013 6:46 AM
Nice brad, you going to ICC this yr?

Friday, July 12, 2013 1:01 PM
yep definitely planning on it. car has a pretty nasty rattle to it, honestly. i believe its either a wrist pin or a cracked piston. it only does it under certain loads and after the engine warms up some. ive been beating on it for the past 3 months like this without issue, gonna try and just drive it til after the icc though. dont want it coming apart before or during LOL

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. Now with 5 speed! It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Thursday, August 08, 2013 1:44 PM
Steve W wrote:Brad your still on

I wanted to share my cobalt is now gone.. got the car back from the tranny shop and it still has issues. traded it in for a 2013 Acura ILX Today... i pick the car up tuesday.

I remember when you got rid of the red cav for that cobalt, too bad those rims I got from you didn't fit the balt they would have looked good on it. the one rim was a cheap fix.
wow a lot of old members still on here. someone here in town owns and drives tommys black ls-sport. a guy in Omaha has my ls-sport, and I saw someones 00-02 silver cav with a charger cruzing around the other day, but cant remember whos it was.

Thursday, August 08, 2013 2:04 PM
yea my silver super charged z burnt to the ground a few weeks ago. might be doing up a red 95-99z with m62 setup here soon to replace it though...

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Thursday, August 08, 2013 2:18 PM
god that sucks, hope you can get everything together for the red z. I have a 2002 Saturn sc2 in copper, ive been thinking of selling/trading it for another jbody. but then I think of swapping the sc2 to a ecotec/f23....the sc2 has the suicide door and independent rear suspension, so its a lil better than a jbody coupe when it comes to the vehicle itself. the downside of the stock saturn is its absolute garbage 1.9sohc/auto powerplant. the downside of a stock jbody is solid axle rear suspension and the cav interior, id have to swap to a 03+ fire interior almost immediately if I got a cav.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:09 PM
ive never had qualms with the j-body interiors. i dont know where all the hatred comes from. obviously you people have never owned a beretta LOL

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Monday, August 19, 2013 1:45 PM
sold that Saturn, on the hunt for a jbody!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:05 PM
Hey guys, remember me! Great to see this thread still going strong!! Im selling some stuff on the main page or the classifieds from my car, if you want it let me know!

------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:49 AM
I don't think I like the new designed website

Friday, February 28, 2014 12:47 PM
Omaha is dead!
Sunday, March 30, 2014 10:18 PM
Brad you need another cavy?

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:55 AM
I miss this page being busy lol... some of the Convos we had in the past... Im glad I got this Z, just wish it had a title... now its going to be a dirt track car, going to try and use the tips and tricks on the car and trying to fly under the radar

Sunday, December 07, 2014 7:22 PM
Hellllooooooooooooo omaha
Friday, January 09, 2015 12:26 PM
ANYONE LOOKING FOR A SUPERCHARGER KIT FOR A 99 Z24 2.4 LD9 CAVALIER? IVE GOT ONE STILL ON THE CAR. ENGINE GRENADED. NEED TO SELL. YOU WOULD HAVE TO TAKE OFF THE CAR. IM TIRED OF DEALING WITH IT LOL. MAKE LEGIT OFFER

1999 2.4L w/ nitrous
Friday, January 09, 2015 12:27 PM
YOU CAN TEXT ME AT 402-430-1248 TO GET AHOLD OF ME ABOUT THE SUPERCHARGER. LOCATION DAVEY, NE

1999 2.4L w/ nitrous
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search