Went to the U-pull it and wow found some cool stuff. - Page 4 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Went to the U-pull it and wow found some cool stuff.
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:33 PM
Found some more KICK azz stuff today! A totally untouched 87z and a 89 z got all kinds of cool stuff.I will post pics ONCE I get my new computer from the shop there (taking my old things,transferring files,and fixing a screw up on it from a virus I had this part wk.The new computer will loads of space for more pics,and go faster than my old really dated 04 dell.Just updating being I cannot get online at home and actually here at my parents house borrowing theres.GOT some sweet stuff and dirt cheap.I do not have a rabbits foot either.Just smell jbody stuff miles away.See you later R

Thursday, December 15, 2011 11:31 PM
Update! back online full time with a new computer.I have pics uploaded yet to fix them to share.I may just kick em here unchanged and show the kick in stuff I got this week.I literally got some stupid sweet stuff.Ok hints Not even pic will show the coool stuff I picked up dirt freaking cheap.This key board is so wierd low keys and went with a acer aspire with windows 7,cpu intel core I3 processor, 4gb ddr3mem way too much to list.Anyway still have to figure out my hp photo stuff to resize and blow up in size and so forthThis unit was bought from a local comp shop NO bs and tired as dirt.Just letting you know I will post back with pics later ok.

Friday, December 16, 2011 4:19 AM
Ron, maybe can you use your old keyboard on your new computer? Most of them interchange, unless they changed something I don't know about - which may be the case, you never know about engineers!!

Friday, December 16, 2011 11:02 AM
Got to work and it crossed my mind you must be using a laptop - I was thinkin' desktop.......Brain Fart....Sorry :-(

Friday, December 16, 2011 12:54 PM
Looks like you foun some great yards! The one I hit up by me hardly ever has any old J cars. Plenty of third gens.

I did come across a pair of side skirts (w/o door pieces), rear spoiler for a coupe, and a bunch of random parts.... Keep forgetting to go pick them up.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, December 16, 2011 9:18 PM
Here is the unsized pic(in short my cam by hp is not supported on my new windows 7) and have to upgrade some I can crop and zoom etc.Any way driver and pass seats in seriously good shape(no cuts,tear) just faded black and the back seat bottom and back with the cool flip down feature!! Super nice best I have ever seen in a bone yard pic.Next seat belt buckles, two wiper switches with the mist,off,delay low high these are not in all js,cover delete for passenger side mirror (for james cahill) I hope it works bc these are stupid hard to get.next all the covers over the seat bolts front,emblems 2.8l and chevrolet red in color full console with the rubber boot for a manual trans car (1st) one ever found yet.I know I am forgetting some stuff long day and hope this pic is big enough to show the cool stuff.The seats were the gold in this find at least to me.I def am going new camera so I can adjust my pics etc.Btw I only paid 73.00 for the seats out of a white 87z talk about cheapOh yeah the speaker grill covers NO cracks and hvac assembly with THE whole wiring harness! I pull this out and dome light with the spot light that can be turned on with the switch on it..

Saturday, December 17, 2011 6:18 PM
WOW!! You got the mother lode !! I'm so glad someone is keeping an eye out for this stuff before it gets impossible to find! Never seen a back seat like that, and it is out of a 1st gen ?...Amazing! I bet you can build a J-body from scratch after all the experience you've accumulated rebuilding and pulling!! Some guys like to got huntin' or fishin'....me...I'd prefer to spend the day messin' around a salvage yard all day, very relaxing!! Hope you keep finding the sweet stuff and having a blast bringing it home!!

Saturday, December 17, 2011 8:57 PM
WOW........ Love this, you better invest in a warehouse to store this stuff. I would do the same thing if I had someplace to store it all. Go Ron Go!

Saturday, December 17, 2011 9:11 PM
Yeah I am def collecting all that I can being the good stuff is available.I am have to take my pickup to load it all up.I did also get a dang near mint headliner and the visors are almost pristine.I got to get a pic of it which I also had that dome light in the pic already.I am like a vacumm when it comes to parts.I may go back and get all the trim pieces which I know no body will touch.I just have to work sun,mon tue.Due to holiday and get wed,thur off.If I go it will be thur and take my civic bc the small parts fit in the trunk.That 87 had a nice console for a auto and it was removed by me as well.It has solid tail lights might get those too.I have one set but,why not two or more right.Kinda a short day but,start early sun but get home ealier too.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:09 PM
Hey John mac here are ALL the parts you requested aside from the mats(good luck) and the vinyl covers that bolt at the side of the floor are the SAME part for both sides I got both and cleaned and bolts are solid and got the rubber long stops the back seats rest against in case u need and how about two sets of the CORRECT air cleaner scew bolts and regular wing nut for your application. Here is the WHOLE shoot of goodies I picked up TODAY two full sway bars misc parts for J Mac and Just in case GUYS andGalls the swar bar is for any 1st gen the axles are the same regardless of model.The slots for the end brackets on the left/right side have the opening under the spring perches more out towards the drums,and ALSO the 2nd gens apply to this bc I pulled a bar off a 1989cav z same parts and same rear axle.I had some serious fun today and learn more about our cars everytime I go junking.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:40 PM
Ron- In this pic, the part 2nd in from the upper right looks like the part I need.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:48 PM
I FIND stuff and I think I seem to be getting better every junkyard trip.Gotcha paul the flat slightly curved plastic!! Ding,Ding.You win

Friday, December 23, 2011 6:48 PM
Ron Love wrote: Hey John mac here are ALL the parts you requested aside from the mats(good luck) and the vinyl covers that bolt at the side of the floor are the SAME part for both sides I got both and cleaned and bolts are solid and got the rubber long stops the back seats rest against in case u need and how about two sets of the CORRECT air cleaner scew bolts and regular wing nut for your application.[IMG]

Ron- you are Santa Clause and Mr GM Goodwrench all rolled into one. What can I say other than AWESOME PICKING!!!!!!! YOU DA MAN!!!!!!

Sending PM now.

HEY GUYS- HAPPY FESTIVUS TODAY and oh yes, happy Holidays to all of us!

(Quoting a past member)-"Never underestimate a First Gen"
Friday, December 23, 2011 9:39 PM
I certainly try and my lucky tool box has yet found another 87 z just dropped on the yard thurs when I was there.I am so going back to dig into it.Interior is stupid nice I mean no crack dash,seats front and rear stupid nice and even better than the other set I got a wk back.I am real tempted to get them bc of color on the centers are different.This car even has the pwr window switches in teh center console (never seen this) on my junking finds.No spoiler or front black lip (I want one of those) auto car,black interior I just ran out of time,due to RAIN and it started rolling after I checked some stuff on this nice z.Even the carpet is still REAL black has the dig dash and is white body.

Saturday, December 24, 2011 5:36 AM
John Mac wrote:Ron- you are Santa Clause and Mr GM Goodwrench all rolled into one. What can I say other than AWESOME PICKING!!!!!!! YOU DA MAN!!!!!!
Sending PM now.

HEY GUYS- HAPPY FESTIVUS TODAY and oh yes, happy Holidays to all of us!

I second that

That is a nice haul you got there Ron. Shoot me a pm on shipping cost on the grille Ron when you get a chance after the holidays. Pat yourself on the back and take a well deserved break and enjoy time with the family.

Saturday, December 24, 2011 9:59 PM
Gotcha Wes and still have your mailing address toledo oh and will shoot you a pm for cost,shpg.I have totally had the best time THIS year going for parts and finding umm pretty much everything I wanted and ALL those in need here too.I humoured my wife a wk ago with the idea of buying a big azz warehouse buy old 1st gens and start a store for parts.My parts cars will not sit outside beat up or not,and she does accounting so she can do the math stuff and cordinate my shpg.Her comments were umm no thanks.I bet if I win the lottery (make believe) I would SERIOUSLY do this and I am NOT kidding.That is how devoted to this platform and my personal love for my cavalier and knowing the things I have learned over the last 13years on mine alone,along with junk yarding.Have a GREAT christmas people and thanks for all of your comments.R

Saturday, December 24, 2011 10:18 PM
Merry Christmas Ron. Thanks for all your help and devotion to the j!

Sunday, December 25, 2011 5:18 PM
Yes indeed Freelancer1988 , thanks for everything Ron!! Have Really enjoyed J-Body.org this year! Hope everyone has had a SUPER Christmas and now heading forward to the New Year - and who knows what adventures lie ahead for all of us J - Owners and their rides. It sure is nice to know folks like Ron are here when we need 'em

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:37 PM
Update on next yard run appears to be next wk just too much for me to do thurs(day off) and monday I will have plenty of time to stroll around.Not to mention xmas stuff,rainy weather and working my on nephews car new radio stuff,and engine mts and oil change etc.I need a vacation I think.

Monday, January 02, 2012 10:51 PM
Ok now some detail today at the pull a part they finally have a 1985 4spd manual type 10!!! Now I grabbed the intake manifold (no longer made) and have done my intake up resto wise and works fine.But I wanted a 2nd for just in case.Next the two shifter cables for the trans got those complete,not bad shape and also grabbed some of the lighting plugs behind the hvac controls with some extra wiring and bulbs can never have too many.Now the shifter while simple and probably similar to the 5spd I got the whole unit plus the slide clips it bolts too in the floor,nuts and reverse switch and ebrake switch.I spent a good hour cleaning the shifter and lubed reassemble and do have the plastic shift knob,and plastic sleeves 2 one for pulling nylon zip up for reverse and plastic housing that goes just under that.Sorry no pic of those little items.I did grab the pwer strg bolts not the bracket but,might get that next maybe.I worked a good two hours on the trans area preparing to GO back and get the transmission.A extra 4spd muncie trans is a xmas or new years resolution for just in case back up!!!!! This is the 1st tranny I have come across that I just really want to grab bc parts like these are pretty much non existent.I have the brakes stuff moved bolts on trans loose lubed the crap out of the axle hub nut with liquid wrench and all the subframe bolts nutsblah blah.I have to work on my nephews accord again tues for the last engine mount(I hope to change out) and go back wed to drop that tranny and cost should be 86.00.I am thinking oil pan too bc no longer made and want a extra.The valve cover nothing like mine but might take idk.Sorry for the book but just stoked about extra stuff for my ride as back ups!Btw paul NO rear sway brackets yet buddy,but did check the birds 94,91 models and some somersets newer models for those crazy brackets.Long day and some wind down beverage and running out of gas.OH freaking forgot I got a SUNROOF cover for the glass GM style bag cleaned,and washed in my washing machine,this is the 1st one I have ever found!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was moldy stinky,and now clean and dry and a extra.

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 11:11 AM
wow- A sunroof bag... Holy crap- even my 2 year old '85 sunbird was mssing it's bag by '87. I think it was supposed to have straps and hooks and some other crap to keep it from flying around yiour trunk or hatch? Wotta find!

(Quoting a past member)-"Never underestimate a First Gen"

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 5:42 PM
SCORE!!!!

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 6:09 PM
It's about time you found one like yours Ron, Lord knows you been digging so hard!! I'm so happy for ya!!!
Don't forget to get the computer when you pulling, same make & year w/ same engine & tranny = it has to be identical!! A rare find

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 8:10 PM
Thanks guys and yeah I am def getting the ecm,have my stuff packed and axle nut socket(specific) puller set in case the shafts are a b!@#h and taking and crap load of tools.I have it loosened up removed the calipers,and all external stuff already and bolts all around trans broke free already with liquid wrench and me breaking them free.So monday was getting it ready,and hope to get that thing out I sure hope.I busted a rachet today my fav sears old style no gears for it made new to my knowledge.I am looking online,and broke it working on my nephews car go figure.Last motor mt done,and took like 3hrs to do total.Pain in a-- of course .

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 8:20 PM
Ok got the 4spd manual and ecm and the oil dipstick tube,and stick.Gotta get the pan next no longer made.Took a couple hours I think to unbolt and getting the axles out just dropped the struts and ripped them out.I did not have a long torx bit 50 a short shaft to actually do it right.Those axle nuts were a real b!@#$ but my breaker bar and axle socket finally broke them loose and removed.I am freaking tired and had just about everything but my pickle fork set for the joints but,broke free with a hammer and crow bar(big crow bar too) .So now I have two back ups just in case and 99.00 for all of it.And the ecm I bubble wrapped on top to protect it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search