NEW - Pre-Built/Assembled 4t40e to hold 550+HP & 500+TQ!!! - Page 2 - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: NEW - Pre-Built/Assembled 4t40e to hold 550+HP & 500+TQ!!!
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:01 PM
Bonnett wrote:maybe he will bring the price down a little, but you also said acer that he will be selling parts individually right?? so we could always by this and that and build a spare tranny ourselves

yep...

this is my daily driver, so i cant be uninstalling and installing my transmission all the time I rather do it all once, and never worry about it again...

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:02 PM
im not sure what part (if only one) is what makes the transmission more efficiently put power to the ground, but 50% improvement over stock is a hell of a difference... im not sure how much power loss difference there is between manuals and auto's but that probably puts us on a pretty fair playing field i would assume...

|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:07 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:^^Lol I understand, don't get me wrong I know performance cost money and all that but I just don't and wont have that extra money after this turbo setup I got goin on unfortunately

yea i kno! i was just messing around

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:14 PM
I wouldnt mind having some cryotreated or forged clutch packs

But think about it, people have been pushing 300-350 hp through the 4t4oe trannies for a while(Skilz).. How much of use are actually gonna put more than that down on a regular basis.? I think our axles will break before the our trannies will..
I know this is a way of being safer than sorry but I just cant see MYSELF spending that kind of money on a tranny that probably wont break from stock..

Now im not trying to doubt you guys from buying this, Im just looking at it from my point of view.. More power to you if you guys if you get this fully built tranny, hell id like to have it lol, but I definately couldnt afford that at this moment.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:20 PM
^^^ i see exactly where your coming from ^^^
good points

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:22 PM
Bonnett wrote:^^^ i see exactly where your coming from ^^^
good points

yea, good points...

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:28 PM
This is nice to see regardless. I will agree only a small handful of people will do this or need this. He might do better selling some thing on the side as he said he might do. I would be interested to see what one of these trannies on a stock LD9 would dyno.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:28 PM
Thank you.. Anyway, Like I said I wouldnt mind having those stronger clutch packs.. So if your guy can hook us up with stuff like that in the near future I sure would be interested... Can't knock someone trying to help us J-body guys out.. We need all the aftermarket support we can get lol.

306 TQ
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:31 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Thank you.. Anyway, Like I said I wouldnt mind having those stronger clutch packs.. So if your guy can hook us up with stuff like that in the near future I sure would be interested... Can't knock someone trying to help us J-body guys out.. We need all the aftermarket support we can get lol.

he's not my guy... lol

I just emailed him, he the owner or employee of twistedmotorsports.net and i was just talking to him about his work with the 4t40e

pure luck that i met him......

and yea, any aftermarket support for us is good the more the merrier!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:33 PM
^^oh lol my bad..

Sweet, keep us updated..

306 TQ
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:34 PM
John Higgins wrote:This is nice to see regardless. I will agree only a small handful of people will do this or need this. He might do better selling some thing on the side as he said he might do. I would be interested to see what one of these trannies on a stock LD9 would dyno.

he claims it has 50% less power loss over stock power loss... so it would do awesome i bet...

i cant wait to see what i run with a good tune, this tranny, and the patriot head& comp cams!!!! time and money, and i will see!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:34 PM

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 8:42 PM
It is good to hear that there is an option for autos...But I personally would much rather spend far less on swapping the NVG T550 which has better gearing, weighs less and will hold far more hp/tq than I would ever throw at a FWD car.

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Thursday, January 04, 2007 4:25 AM
4.11s in a cavy,
makes me happy.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, January 04, 2007 5:39 AM
-MD- LD9 wrote:4.11s in a cavy,
makes me happy.

lol... he explained the gearing to me a lil... its still a lil out there for me... ima have to do some research before i kno what im going to go with...

Thursday, January 04, 2007 5:45 AM
Brian Whalen wrote:It is good to hear that there is an option for autos...But I personally would much rather spend far less on swapping the NVG T550 which has better gearing, weighs less and will hold far more hp/tq than I would ever throw at a FWD car.

you make good points...

how much are you guys out there paying for a swap out there? (when everything is done and the car is running again) ** including performance parts needed to hold 550hp safely? i.e. clutch, flywheel, etc.... and also for features like LSD, "2 Step" (for autos thats just hitting the brake and the gas ), better then stock gearing???

another good thing i like about autos, is that it takes a lot of the chance of breaking things out of my hands... that and my times arent dependant on how much attention i was paying, but more on my ability to tune my car and know what parts i need and dont need...

Thursday, January 04, 2007 6:35 AM
damn it i knew it would be a HUGE price!

but for a 50% less power loss... ohhh man u better believe that this lil piece will be in my car someday.

hell... i could buy it and have it installed...and acctually have about $3000 left to go blow on parts etc...
but that wont be for a cuple months when i get my tax return!

too bad i have TONS of crap to buy

Thursday, January 04, 2007 6:37 AM
z yaaaa wrote:damn it i knew it would be a HUGE price!

but for a 50% less power loss... ohhh man u better believe that this lil piece will be in my car someday.

hell... i could buy it and have it installed...and acctually have about $3000 left to go blow on parts etc...

dont we all

Thursday, January 04, 2007 6:49 AM
Acer wrote:
-MD- LD9 wrote:4.11s in a cavy,
makes me happy.

lol... he explained the gearing to me a lil... its still a lil out there for me... ima have to do some research before i kno what im going to go with...

3.50-3.65 probably would be much better for your application.
Isn't stock...FDR is 3.29 and effective (overall) ratio is 3.91 or something like that....
I think 4.11 would kill your daily driver. 60 would be something like 3500 give or take a little.

Lenko Where the HELL ARE YOU!
Stock I think is...
1st 2.960:1
2nd: 1.626:1
3rd: 1.000:1
4th: 0.681:1
Reverse: 2.143:1
FDR 3.29
Overall 3.91

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Thursday, January 04, 2007 6:51 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, January 04, 2007 7:33 AM
Acer wrote:

dont we all

yes, but i'll bet you i get more

Thursday, January 04, 2007 7:52 AM
z yaaaa wrote:
Acer wrote:

dont we all

your list of future mods is pretty extensive, lol... so ima go ahead and agree with you!

Thursday, January 04, 2007 8:06 AM
yeah we run a 3.94 FDR stock. dif (closer to 3 than 4) fdr with a built head might be a better match for higher rpms. might make traction easier etc. better match imo. you just have to do the math and figure out when and how much you wanna shift in the 1/4.

no knockin TG, but if I was spending that kinda coin on a tranny, it'd have a quaife in it.

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..

Thursday, January 04, 2007 9:07 AM
Acer wrote:
Brian Whalen wrote:It is good to hear that there is an option for autos...But I personally would much rather spend far less on swapping the NVG T550 which has better gearing, weighs less and will hold far more hp/tq than I would ever throw at a FWD car.

you make good points...

how much are you guys out there paying for a swap out there? (when everything is done and the car is running again) ** including performance parts needed to hold 550hp safely? i.e. clutch, flywheel, etc.... and also for features like LSD, "2 Step" (for autos thats just hitting the brake and the gas ), better then stock gearing???

Technically, unless the 550 hp auto-trans includes a flex plate as well, then I wouldn't include this to compare prices.

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Thursday, January 04, 2007 9:41 AM
Acer wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:
Acer wrote:

dont we all

your list of future mods is pretty extensive, lol... so ima go ahead and agree with you!

hahaha...

i wonder if having a "lightened" flex plate would help??? or would it become to weak?

Thursday, January 04, 2007 10:51 AM
Brian Whalen wrote:
Acer wrote:

you make good points...

Technically, unless the 550 hp auto-trans includes a flex plate as well, then I wouldn't include this to compare prices.

im not saying that it should or shouldnt... there are things needed in a auto trans to support 550hp 500tq that manuals dont need and vice versa, i was just asking for someone running a automatic transmission to swap over to manual, and a manual that would support that much power... how much money would need to be spent... i dont kno the answer its a serious question, lol.... including a 2step,lsd and better then stock gearing...

Thursday, January 04, 2007 10:54 AM
Jrobz23 wrote:no knockin TG, but if I was spending that kinda coin on a tranny, it'd have a quaife in it.

isnt quaife a whole differential? not just a insert? you cant be knocking TG, cause those objects are completely different

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search