Quest for the 12's.....All-Motor. - Page 7 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Quest for the 12's.....All-Motor.
Monday, April 04, 2011 11:39 AM
Can redrill the wheels, one of the 4x100 holes overlaps the 5x100 holes...problem is they are a different distance from the center of the bore, so the hole would have to be oblonged which is very sketchy.

If I get new wheel bearings and rotors I could just weld in one of the holes and redrill the them to the 4x100 pattern and run base cobalt steelies (they have the same 57.1mm hub bore as our cars).

My buddy suggested that from day one but I didn't listen, I didn't want to have to run steelies all the time, plus I figured this route would prove to be cheaper in the long run after I bought new wheel bearings/rotors/2 cobalt rims/new 15" tires (mine are finished on my stock 15s).

I don't like how far the tire sticks out....its just too far, it looks silly and it can't be good for the aerodynamics, plus I know the tech guy is going to hassle me about this set-up...even tho it is legit.

The icing on the cake is that I had to still cut the studs down to clear the first part of the adaptor...so I still can't run my SFGT rims cause I don't have enough tread engagement, even with my steelies the thread engagement is pretty sketchy.

I was uneasy about the wheel adaptors from the get go, but they seemed like my only option so I bit the bullet and went with them, with all these little issues now I think the cons out weight the pros.

Your set-up is also a good alternative...but redrilling them will probably be cheaper and easier.

I would feel much better about the new proposed set-up tho......so we will see what happens, maybe I'll change my mind tomorrow....its Monday and maybe I'm just being a bit of a b*tch do to the lack of sleep...lol

I'll keep you guys posted.

Monday, April 04, 2011 12:27 PM
Wow this has turned into an EPIC failure on my part....

This whole time I have been misinformed on how to properly measure a 5x100 pattern...

The one overlaping hole on a 4x100 and 5x100 pattern is in the correct spot, I am just an idiot.

That being said I'm going to look into redrill the rims...I'm not sure if I'll have the clearance between the holes to make it work since it uses shanked lugs....worst case tho it will make drilling the rotors and hubs much easier.

Do your homework before you buy stuff kids.....cause I feel like a massive idiot right now.....LOL

F*cking Mondays....

Monday, April 04, 2011 12:29 PM
lol

When they redrill wheels they plug the original holes, so youll be fine.

Live and learn my friend.

Want hub spacers? Shoot me a PM.

Monday, April 04, 2011 1:10 PM
I'm not sure if they can plug the holes since the wheel is a 3 piece design....I also don't think anyone in my town redrills wheels....I was planing on doing it myself.

The inside plate also has a 4x114.3 pattern drilled into it....so I think redrilling the wheels is out of the question.

Looks like I'll be redrilling the hubs and rotors....oh well....at least it will be done right.

Hahaha like you said, live and learn!

Monday, April 04, 2011 1:14 PM
Im sure we can get this all sorted out and you on the track

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 4:30 AM
Here's a really dumb question, but why not get 5x100 rims?

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 6:17 AM
Bogarts are $400-500 a wheel brand new....buy the time I got them shipped to Canada/duty, the 2 13" wheels would probably be near $1200.

These are probably some of the only 13" wheels out there that will clear a J-Body's front brakes without having to grind down the caliper and they only weigh 7lbs!!!

I bought the ones I have off my buddy for $200 bucks, he used to be into all-motor Honda's but has been out of the game for a while now, they where just collecting dust in his garage.

Bascially I'm not spending $1200 on two wheels, no matter how light they are or how many tenths they save me in the 1/4....lol

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:20 PM
Welding and drilling the hubs is gonna be a pain in the ass!!

I have yet another idea...lol

Anyone have a 4x100 cobalt hub/digital caliper kicking around......I need a two quick dimensions.

Saves me from having to buy one and then return it.

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:25 PM
They aren't even close to ours.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:33 PM
The dimentions? or the style...cause this looks identical to me?

Only issue is that they bolt in from the back and not the front....but that is easily taken care of.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 1:15 PM
Bolts, bearings, and splines

They are similar looking but not they same.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:28 PM
Hmm, how much of a difference are we talking?

The base cobalts have a f23 tho, I can only assume the diff has the same splines as a jbody diff? The splines on the hub side are different tho?

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:39 PM
I own a 2007 Cobalt with the F23 setup, let me know if I can be any help with pictures.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:13 AM
I'll see if we still have the cobalt hub laying around in the shop.

I have a brand new set of J hubs sitting here so I could get some comparison shots for you maybe.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 3:29 PM
Updates:

Putting in an order for a new set of Bogarts, just gonna buy the right bot pattern, I'm tired of messing around with them.

Clutch is in, no pics cause it's at my buddies.

Headgasket and flywheel bolts are in.

STILL waiting on my head and header from Mike, progress is slow...but it's going i guess.

That's all I got.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 3:59 PM
Was hoping to click this and see some Header Epicness

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 11:41 PM
Glad your getting the right rims. May keep you from breaking wheel studs etc.

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 8:24 AM
Tick, tock...tick, tock...

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 11:22 AM
i hear ya dave, but i have my parts, im just waiting to install lol

13.22 @ 105.2
Friday, May 06, 2011 3:35 PM
Tiiiiiiick, Tooooooock......Tiiiiiiiiick, Tooooooock......

Monday, May 09, 2011 5:06 PM
tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooock

14.04 @ 101 ALLMOTOR

Monday, May 09, 2011 8:07 PM
pics of the clutch?

how long did it take them to ship it to you? (just ordered mine but haven't heard anything yet as to when it's shipping)

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 4:35 AM
clutches we got (combo order) were wrong. there goin back for an exchange. kinda hard to get ahold of them it seems.

14.04 @ 101 ALLMOTOR
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 10:24 AM
not what i wanted to hear... LOL

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 12:36 PM
Anyone know how to get hold of Mike @ AMMFAB other than his cell (I'm assuming I have his cell #)??????

Some help would be appreciated guys.

Feel free to use PM other than posting here.

Thanks.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search