HP Tuners Software update - Page 14 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HP Tuners Software update
Sunday, January 22, 2006 9:37 AM
while (HPTuners)
{
ecoswaps = "easy";
jbodies = "good performance/dollar";
n/a = "meaningful without standalone";
}

they should add this to their program

also there are no cats in HPT-land and the streets are paved with cheese!!! lol lets hope

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..

Sunday, January 22, 2006 10:11 AM
this was on the ECOTEC section of HP forums.
PCM Tuning on Ecotec :

We're almost there guys Still no change in plan, within 2-3 weeks of the USB interfaces being released we will be ready to go. I'll be making a post specifying what the initial vehicle support is and asking for beta testers at that time.

Chris...

maybe it still means nothing...hope not
Monday, January 23, 2006 7:08 PM
good news

Monday, January 23, 2006 7:14 PM
a hand held tuner for our cars would be a godsend

lets keep on these guys asses and give them all the help they need
Monday, January 23, 2006 7:22 PM
if this ever gets released we will need a hole new catagory in the forums for the software. I can't wait, we will finaly be were the honda guys were 5 years ago

View my MySpace
Monday, January 23, 2006 7:25 PM
how much is the software running? and thats laptop plug and play right?

AkA joe m.

Ricer ELIMINATOR!
Monday, January 23, 2006 9:44 PM
I'm almost beyond hoping that this will come out at this point. Of course I'd be 1st in line if it did, but I'm starting to lose faith.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Monday, January 23, 2006 9:50 PM
well guys im getting the DHP powertunr for my custom setup for my 3400 v6

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 10:48 AM
blackNAcavie wrote:how much is the software running? and thats laptop plug and play right?

The way HP tuners works for the LS1's is this. You load the program to a laptop and plug in the cable to the PC. Easy enough right lol. You choose two cars (EX: 02 Fbody and 00 Jbody) and that costs aboot 450-500. I am dying for this to come out, so I can order BlackZ2401's and my software.

2002 Z28: Slp coldair Pac, Corsa Catback, 3200 stall

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:37 PM
Quote:

The way HP tuners works for the LS1's is this. You load the program to a laptop and plug in the cable to the PC. Easy enough right lol. You choose two cars (EX: 02 Fbody and 00 Jbody) and that costs aboot 450-500. I am dying for this to come out, so I can order BlackZ2401's and my software
why so much.Pcm 4less should be able to hook up the camaro for cheaper than that, im pretty sure they work with ls1s they did my Lt1, just a suggestion though.

15.4 @ 89mph
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:42 PM
I WOULD ALMOST PREPAY TO GET IT DONE SOONER BUT MY LUCK I WOUDL PAY AND IT WILL BE LIKE ANOTHER YEAR.

OR

IT WILL BE RELEASED AND NOONE WILL BEABLE TO GET IT CAUSE THERE WILL BE A SHORTAGE LIEK THE XBOX 360 WHEN IT CAME OUT

Yea i spell liek wrong get over it.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 5:03 PM
deltron3030 wrote:
Quote:

The way HP tuners works for the LS1's is this. You load the program to a laptop and plug in the cable to the PC. Easy enough right lol. You choose two cars (EX: 02 Fbody and 00 Jbody) and that costs aboot 450-500. I am dying for this to come out, so I can order BlackZ2401's and my software
why so much.Pcm 4less should be able to hook up the camaro for cheaper than that, im pretty sure they work with ls1s they did my Lt1, just a suggestion though.

You pay for what you get, this is quite a bit different than pcm4less.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 8:22 PM
PCM4Less is a generic tune, I can get the with a Hypertech bassically. Where as HP Tuners I can control every aspect of my PCM's operating systems and change it when I want to. No sending PCM's in for cores or that garbage. In my opinion if you are doin anything other then Headers, PCM4less is garbage. Spend the money and buy a real program or bite the bullet and let a real tuner at it.

2002 Z28: Slp coldair Pac, Corsa Catback, 3200 stall

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 8:41 PM
Im obd1 though so really not alot is out there for me.thought id throw it out there for ya.I know theres definitely more to tune on genIII than on gen II

15.4 @ 89mph
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 8:52 PM
well I don't think they have to worry about a shortage just yet. J-body owners are notorious for b*tching about not having products until someone comes out with it and nobody buys it cause its to expensive or they just talk @!#$ and never go through with it.

View my MySpace
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 12:15 PM
firebug wrote:well I don't think they have to worry about a shortage just yet. J-body owners are notorious for b*tching about not having products until someone comes out with it and nobody buys it cause its to expensive or they just talk @!#$ and never go through with it.

I'm interested in what services for jbodies will come out of this that can bring new people to the platform.

but you are right, too many winers.. and couch racers..

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 3:18 PM
Well I am ready to step up and buy it for my J.But I want proof it works also.

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 3:53 PM
its not a bad investment for hp tuners. im sure the cobalt's programing is a little bit different but it still has the same engene, hint hint.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 7:20 PM
oh yeah Im ready for it, Im just saying some people will buy it and some people will say they will buy and go get neons instead.

View my MySpace
Friday, February 03, 2006 10:11 PM
up we go- i'm losing hope as well...

Blew it up
Friday, February 03, 2006 11:50 PM
Umm, I think they just found WMD in Iraq, oh wait HP Tuners still not out

15.71 @ 87.9mph 9-17-05

Saturday, February 04, 2006 12:27 AM
listening. rev limit and fuel control would be perfect.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 9:06 AM
still no update, been about 3 weeks guys. i made a post on the wait period and my thoughts, sorry to be a dick about it but its the truth, the waits getting crazy.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=b6c59819856afeefb14757aedc74dfb5&f=45

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 9:08 AM
DUDES AND DUDETTES...

THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, HP TUNERS IS JERKING US AROUND LIKE WE DO TO OUR PENISES....

HP YOU WILL NEVER COME OUT WITH THIS YOU'RE LYING...

some motivation

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 10:00 AM
Well every few days I have been asking for an update on the forum over there and I finally got one from chris!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
short update:

- reading/flashing complete, including recovery. We sacrificed a little on the write time to ensure recovery worked without problem. Tested for all 97-04 hardware.
- all the cavalier/sunfire is basically ready to go for beta, only a few tweaks
- S10 should be finished very soon
- Cobalt still in progress

i expect as soon as we start shipping the USB, beta will begin. Those who own a 97-04 cavalier/sunfire and wanna be on the beta make sure you get your hands on the MPVI interface, we are taking pre-orders already.

Chris...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blew it up
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search