2200 power record - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2200 power record
Thursday, December 01, 2005 7:01 PM
I think theres a number of guys who don't get credit because they dont advertise like everyone else.

I expect about 6 or 7 strongly built LN2's next year. I hope we all make some kickass numbers.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:51 PM
Adler wrote:
OHV notec wrote:HotRodV6 probably being the first done out of the bunch of us.

No he will not. HotRodV6 is parting out his car and trying to put it all back to stock.

IT'S A LIE!!!! and if its not, well... that sucks.... hardcore

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, December 01, 2005 9:36 PM
thats true just check the classifieds in south central region

Thursday, December 01, 2005 10:15 PM
Under speculation of course, I hope to put down mid 300's... at the wheels.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Thursday, December 01, 2005 10:26 PM
Adler wrote:

No he will not. HotRodV6 is parting out his car and trying to put it all back to stock.
Geez, what's the problem with you all? Is there a major fault in building this engine that I'm missing? Oh well...

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Thursday, December 01, 2005 10:28 PM
OHV notec wrote:
Adler wrote:

Geez, what's the problem with you all? Is there a major fault in building this engine that I'm missing? Oh well...

pushrod motors are the DEVIL!!! especially heavily boosted, high reving nitrous injected pushrod motors. oops i said too much

Thursday, December 01, 2005 11:19 PM
2200 engine sucks don't waste money fixing it up it will be stupid to do so

thats why im bought the ecotec
Thursday, December 01, 2005 11:24 PM
Daniel Alonzo wrote:2200 engine sucks don't waste money fixing it up it will be stupid to do so

spoken like a true know it all.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 11:25 PM
Oh, an no one ever considers that im building a 2200. Im not talking about stopping now that the head is done folks

Thursday, December 01, 2005 11:28 PM
Daniel Alonzo wrote:2200 engine sucks don't waste money fixing it up it will be stupid to do so

That's a completely ignorant response and an unwanted one as well. This thread wasn't about if someone should or shouldn't build an OHV, this was about what was the top power record for an OHV.

Next time stick to the actual topic and not wonder off into your unwanted opinions.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, December 02, 2005 8:23 AM
I set out for a goal of 200-250 wheel since that could get you well into the 13s and hardly any people reach that 2.4, eco, or OHV! ( I know there are a good # of J's over the 200mark but out of 30k members its a small blip) I haven't physically ran the 1/4 yet with the set-up but I have the dyno sheet here and that's good enough for me.

For some reason I want to trade off for a Cobalt SS and do a turbo swap.

Now that I know that a-lot of the people that were supposed to be building their ohv's gave up I may just continue on putting down big numbers just to keep it all alive. Either way I know I'll end up with an Eco somewhere down the road.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Friday, December 02, 2005 10:22 AM
VIVA LA OHV. I hope all the people building there 2.2's don't quite. Seeing you guys hit the 250 + hp mark, keeps me inspired to build mine. (as money permits). I won't even get into any big builds for another year or 2, but I can't wait to start. My goal is around 250 and some wieght reductions. I still want a streetable car since its my daily driver.

New sig in the works
Friday, December 02, 2005 10:30 AM

Friday, December 02, 2005 10:40 AM
I hate you all to put down thoses numbers Nice to hear about some projects!!!

Friday, December 02, 2005 1:26 PM

275hp and 306 torque at 15 psi out of a 2200 doesnt seem like a waste to me. I doubt that you have even really messed around with a 2200, so your comment shouldnt even be taken seriously

275hp & 306tq - 1999 2.2 ohv
13.2 @ 108 mph
-1996 2.4 liter + Turbo + Built motor + Torco + More boost = Lots o' Power
-2000 Mustang GT + 2004 Cobra motor, Whipple 2.3 supercharger,
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Friday, December 02, 2005 3:29 PM
Adler wrote:

275hp and 306 torque at 15 psi out of a 2200 doesnt seem like a waste to me. I doubt that you have even really messed around with a 2200, so your comment shouldnt even be taken seriously

I'm with you Adler,

MORONS out there don't get the potential of the 2200

I'm Now officially close to the 300 mark on my Cavalier......

I have a Built head sitting in my basement ............ Ported & Polished... 1+mm oversized SS Valves......etc........

I put down 222whp at 10 psi ................

How is that bad ..... I see 2.4l with 3 pounds less and they are BARELY cracking the 200 mark ... at the wheels.... I hit like 260bhp at 10 psi..........

oh ya ...... ON THE STOCK 2200 INTERNALS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So it's OBVIOUSLY BS that the motor sucks..... sure it's the slowest platform to start with ..... but I and many others (Adler, Major, etc.....) have proven those non-believers so wrong.................

think about it... less parts then say an eco.... so it's cheaper to build.... only 8 valves..... cheap again to get ......

so shut yo mouth if you don't think the motor can handle the power.... just get a good tune and the Sky is the limit.... oh .... and whats wrong with Pushrods for Boosted applications..... if I get proper pushrods I'll be fine ........which I've ordered.....

I'm fast.... so is Alder..... so is Major......... so is that guy with Nitrous.... around 220 whp with a 100 shot.... on STOCK INTERNALS!......

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Friday, December 02, 2005 4:39 PM
Quote:

think about it... less parts then say an eco.... so it's cheaper to build.... only 8 valves..... cheap again to get ......

Please, stop telling people what a gem the 2.2 is. More people will start getting curious and asking for parts. Then companies will offer those parts and anyone able to work a mouse will be building fast OHV engines.

I like having something less expensive to build, and I love having a car that no one suspects.

Quote:

I think theres a number of guys who don't get credit because they dont advertise like everyone else.

You got it. My cav is so low key that it doesn't even have a boost gauge. The only clues that something is up are the slightly black tailpipe, the "mysterious" white box hanging under the dash (contains my calibration) and the RH under dash panel is missing to allow easy access to the ECM. Having and loving the 2.2, for me, is about being a sleeper.

-->Slow
Friday, December 02, 2005 6:38 PM
Phlatcav wrote:

Just so you know, I'm going to be using that all over any thread where the almighty OHV is mentioned
The way I look at it, starting with what may be widely considered one of the slowest possible platforms out there (and with a 3spd in a sedan none-the-less) makes it that much more of a challenge, and therefore more or a reward when it's done.
And like slowolej said, nobody suspects it. My car will look completely stock other than the flat black paint and tint when it's done.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Friday, December 02, 2005 11:05 PM
i made it to use

Saturday, December 03, 2005 12:14 AM
Adler wrote:

Not bad for power. And to think. I'm going to be spinning 1500 more RPM's on the top end, a stronger-built motor, and more boost. And possibly a small shot

Saturday, December 03, 2005 10:05 AM
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:
Adler wrote:

Not bad for power. And to think. I'm going to be spinning 1500 more RPM's on the top end, a stronger-built motor, and more boost. And possibly a small shot

i cant wait to see all these projects come to a finish! my guess on mine is im putting down about 200 but never dyno'd it. last time at the track people were saying nice z.....im like not a z 2.2L! there faces are great

Saturday, December 03, 2005 11:53 AM
hey jamal, if everything goes right, at the end of the summer next year we should go to the track, I'll have all my stuff done, just hope the traction will be there. expecting to be in the 250-300 whp range.
Saturday, December 03, 2005 12:13 PM
I think we should start a list of the built LN2's that are expected to be out next year....

Saturday, December 03, 2005 12:17 PM
Quote:

I think we should start a list of the built LN2's that are expected to be out next year....

LOL, I think that's a good idea actually, and then have it made a sticky so we can find it next year and see who has actually come through on it and who hasn't.
Saturday, December 03, 2005 12:19 PM
well more so to see how many people are out there.. it seems there's someone new in the midst of a build popping up every week.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search