winnipeg j-bodies - Page 19 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Sunday, September 02, 2007 4:44 PM
just finished installing my koni sport kit, it was an easy thing to do thanks to wild weasels instruction couldn't go wrong with them. now my car handles great and i don't have that ugly wheel well gap. next up is shaved door handles and poppers

Monday, September 03, 2007 10:26 PM
got torque ? wrote:well the cavy is down again this time its the damn motor knocking like how much more money am i gonna have to spend on this thing but i still love it

I'll sell you an engine that will break transmissions, clutchs and axles at the flick of the throttle if you want? Sorry i've always been trying to see if there is any interest in my junk, if there is then i'll just part the car out but if not then I'm going to finish building it to race next season. Anyone here seen a Cavalier on PINKS? yup thats the ultimate goal!!!!

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 9:17 PM
how much???
Wednesday, September 05, 2007 10:16 PM
Message Sent

Thursday, September 06, 2007 7:26 AM
Anybody with a good front bearing? for cheap?

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Sunday, September 09, 2007 6:54 AM
anyone else going to the garden city show today? looks like its going to be great weather!

Sunday, September 09, 2007 10:21 PM
stevefire wrote:anyone else going to the garden city show today? looks like its going to be great weather!

I was there for a couple hours, was a wicked nice show... we need more shows like it in winnipeg!

Monday, September 10, 2007 6:22 AM
I agree, it was awesome.

nice to see all the classics out, and very few rice burners.

Monday, September 10, 2007 9:44 PM
stevefire wrote:nice to see all the classics out, and very few rice burners.

cheers to that lol!

Monday, September 17, 2007 12:38 AM
hmm, to buy another J or not. saving lots of money over the winter and i'll be being something in spring.

Juiced Towncar
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 11:26 AM
^haha i was thinking the samething, im looking at picking up a new car come summertime and as hard as ive looked the only car ive found so far i like is a 03 Z24..

----------
its not a hamburger, its a @!#$ old lady

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 12:02 PM
s2000, RX8 or G35 for me in a year or 2

well i hope at least

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 11:53 AM
BlkCav wrote:s2000, RX8 or G35 for me in a year or 2

well i hope at least

I think I've heard this almost as many times as I've heard what kind of car your roommate has, lol. Wake me up in a year or 2 when this happens.

15.3 @ 89.97mph - '01 SFGT
'98 Acura 1.6EL Sport 5M Y7/Y8 mini me
Thursday, September 20, 2007 7:03 AM
i'm starting to realize that the cav's worth nothing and that it wont last forever

and really i dont care about mentioning the eclipse, its a nice car, so keep your comments to yourself

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Thursday, September 20, 2007 7:57 PM
i want to drift so i don't mind winter cause saves me the tires on my car id like to start working on the motor for my cavy and get the turbo and get it all nice and ready for the summer and then after i'm done with that i'm getting a sileighty or a GTR but i got a long time to decide what i want but until then project turbo cavalier for all them haters that think my car is a piece of @!#$ and hey i am gonna learn a few things along the way
Tuesday, October 02, 2007 6:16 PM
Ontario is gay.

anyone else doing anything with their J's?

BUMP

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 6:00 PM
i just got my new venom fuel rail wait for injectors and clip, pretty sad i only put on around1800km's on my car this year and only 3 bottles of nitrous
Wednesday, October 03, 2007 10:28 PM
might resurect my rusty cav in the spring to a body shop. We'll see. Going to look at a car this weekend if i can find a way, its 8cylinders and 90's luxury at its finest.

Juiced Towncar
Thursday, October 04, 2007 7:29 PM
selling the powerterrain out of mine, i'd actually like to sell the whole car and then pick up a 96-98 z24 for a RWD conversion but i have to get some interest in my engine/trans first.

Thursday, October 04, 2007 9:00 PM
Justin_Inc wrote:selling the powerterrain out of mine, i'd actually like to sell the whole car and then pick up a 96-98 z24 for a RWD conversion but i have to get some interest in my engine/trans first.

What's the deal with your engine/trans? Is it anything special, I haven't ever heard any details?

Friday, October 05, 2007 5:32 PM
Ian Brydon wrote:
Justin_Inc wrote:selling the powerterrain out of mine, i'd actually like to sell the whole car and then pick up a 96-98 z24 for a RWD conversion but i have to get some interest in my engine/trans first.

What's the deal with your engine/trans? Is it anything special, I haven't ever heard any details?
almost 400whp on low boost aparently

Juiced Towncar

Monday, October 08, 2007 11:34 AM
pipe dreams, I think we need proof of said horsepower.

Monday, October 08, 2007 12:59 PM
stevefire wrote:pipe dreams, I think we need proof of said horsepower.

Some details at the very least...

Monday, October 08, 2007 5:32 PM
well new car is purchased. He's dropping it off on thursday at my work. 93 lincoln town car signature. Yes it came with a gas station

Juiced Towncar
Wednesday, October 10, 2007 7:26 PM
for those that want to know..

2.6L stroker
1992 Quad4 2.3L block, its bored .040" over, the deck was shaved .010" to true it up, align honed, Billet main caps,etc.
Crank is a re-worked 2.4L crank, lightened, knife-edged, polished counterweights, shot-peened and cut .010" to make everything perfect.
Rods are custom 1 off forged H-beams from callies good for over 1000 flywheel hp.
Special Order Ross Racing Pistons with damn near every coating you can get on them, floating pins.
ARP hardware through-out (every thing is studs)
Fully balanced rotating assembly (lots and lots of money spent here)
High flow oil pump, custom pickup, and a custom deep sump pan made by myself.
Crank scraper, again made by myself
Double Roller timing chain, adjustable cam gears. (was working on an enclosed belt drive, but lost interest, i have most of the parts for it)
Fully ported+polished 086 head, stock sized stainless steal valves, bronze guides, heads clearanced for .520" lift, LS1 springs,etc
Custom cam carriers (cannot use an IDI cover with them)
Custom Grind cams from COMP, using the 2.3L "new design" lighter lifters
Intake manifold is a one-off piece designed and made by me, using a GM 75mm throttle body, also have a phenolic intake spacer that is o-ringed to help from blowing gaskets when in boost
Equal length turbo header (1 7/8" primaries) designed and made by myself (T4 Flange)
Garret PH42X turbo, spools alittle late but comes on like a @!#$ monster!
1000cc injectors with a custom fuel rail
Water to air inter cooler, custom unit made locally here by a good friend.

Lots of other goodies but that is the main part of it all. On 24 psi of boost it should be in the mid 700hp range at the flywheel according to calculations. starts spooling around 3500rpm, full boost by 5000rpm, shift point is 8000rpm with a rev-limit of 8200rpm. driving on the street, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears are useless with stock street tires (120km/h if i pull out to pass in 3rd and stomp on it, the tires light up on demand,4th gear will spin alittle). I've got about 50km's on the engine and i've already broken drive terrain parts only running half the boost and not even beating on it yet!

I really will not disclose just how much coin i have dropped on the engine or car. but i'm asking 8000 for the engine minus the turbo and water to air inter cooler and that is taking a pretty decent sized hit.

If i still have it all in spring, i'll have it out for sure. I'm going to try and get the car on the show Pinks after getting it dialed in and getting some experience behind the wheel of it at gimli, unless i can get interest in the power terrain.

Start New Topic Advanced Search