winnipeg j-bodies - Page 17 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Sunday, June 24, 2007 6:52 AM
got torque ? wrote:i would like to know for all the j bodies that are boosted how much horsepower and torque are u pushing and what kinda setup are u running i would like to push at least 300 to 400 horses turboed so i can spank some stangs and meros cause im sick and tired of @!#$s telling me its just a cavalier and where can i find some good tranny mounts anyone

you can spank stangs and camaros with less then 400 horse.

I would shoot for something like 280 - 300 hp which is more easily attainable then 400.

I believe Garrett is at 285whp (don't quote me on that one)

I never got a full pull in at the dyno last year.

Good tranny mounts can be found at carcustoms.net

Sunday, June 24, 2007 11:48 AM
yah steve, thats right, I ran a 280.7whp as a best on water/meth,

I installed the new inline 255 fuel pump, (to compliment my intank 255) and my car has pulled hard 2 days in a row now, 100% of the time.. so I guess this whole time I had all these issues, I just had a faulty fuel pump.. who would have guessed, lol.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Sunday, June 24, 2007 1:36 PM
hey thats good news man! get to the dyno!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 2:07 AM
Can I still goto the drag strip with a cracked windshield?
I still have some body integrity damage for the top rad cradle, and along that supporting frame, that i'm covering up with the black plastic cover. and I have a hole in my trunk... lol.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 11:51 AM
Turbines, To Speed! wrote:Can I still goto the drag strip with a cracked windshield?
I still have some body integrity damage for the top rad cradle, and along that supporting frame, that i'm covering up with the black plastic cover. and I have a hole in my trunk... lol.

You don't need to be street legal to run at Gimli, but you do need to pass the tech inspection. That said, I'm not sure about the windsheild, maybe you'll find something on the website?

15.3 @ 89.97mph - '01 SFGT
'98 Acura 1.6EL Sport 5M Y7/Y8 mini me
Thursday, June 28, 2007 7:09 PM
thanx approximetly how much money willl i need to get all the neccessary turbo accessories
Thursday, June 28, 2007 7:30 PM
steve ure my hero i was stuck and dint kno where to get the parts from on the site carcustoms.net i found everything i need man if ever meet a 24 is on me to u
Friday, July 06, 2007 10:17 PM
My sunfire is slow.

Monday, July 09, 2007 3:54 PM
I don't know if anyone saw, but I posted a pic in the Photo section.

My Cavy has died. She was killed, by an old woman who ran a red light. Was in Fargo North Dakota, and the old woman ran the red light, and T-boned us. She knocked us across 3 lanes, and then into another car. Luckily both I and my fiance were fine.

Here's the link to the pics.
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=300437&t=300437

I'm out of the Cavy game now. Bought a Jeep Liberty, pics were in the link there. Only 26000 kms, Select-Track transfer case, sunroof, foglights, leather steering wheel, cruise, ect.

I'm going to still visit the forum, and I'll post some off-roading pics soon. Already been on the floodway, and through some mud pits with it.

I have to get some skid plates installed, hitch, and tow hooks or a bull bar for the front.

Monday, July 09, 2007 5:37 PM
wow that sucks man, sorry to hear.

at least you two are okay.

How's the old lady that hit you?

Monday, July 09, 2007 8:57 PM
stevefire wrote:wow that sucks man, sorry to hear.

at least you two are okay.

How's the old lady that hit you?

Everyone made it out ok. Her and her husband were really bumped around, and my fiance and I had bad wiplash for alittle while, but we seem to be fine now.

No body went to the hospital, amd the police down there were excelent. The cop took care of everything, call a tow truck himself, and drove us back to the hotel we were staying at. The best part was that the officer took us out for icecream after the accident.

Monday, July 09, 2007 9:05 PM
Also since the Cavy is gone, I have acouple of parts that are now for sale.

A hood cover. $20.00+ A strut tower bar. $15.00

A B&M shift kit $15.00

Upper motor mount with Polly insert $8.00

Front driver and pass corners $10.00

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 5:18 PM
ill take the strut tower bar. Do you have the headlights?
Thursday, July 12, 2007 10:47 PM
Wht Cav wrote:ill take the strut tower bar. Do you have the headlights?

I don't have the headlights, just kept the corners when I changed to clear corners.

BTW. You have mail.

Monday, July 16, 2007 2:17 AM
I saw Jenny out last night cruising.

Any pics of the new look?

It looked good from what I saw, but really by the time I saw it, you had already passed the opposite way.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 2:48 PM
stevefire wrote:I saw Jenny out last night cruising.

Any pics of the new look?

It looked good from what I saw, but really by the time I saw it, you had already passed the opposite way.

I saw her in Ass Park the other night as well, looked good from what I could see.

15.3 @ 89.97mph - '01 SFGT
'98 Acura 1.6EL Sport 5M Y7/Y8 mini me
Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:31 AM
picking up my new white 90Z on Thursday. can;t wait.

Juiced Towncar
Wednesday, July 18, 2007 9:48 PM
if anyone cares at all my cavy is still dead waitin for that clutch is frustraiting cause i just want to drive dat car
any who
i want a front strut bar
if anyone has one preferablly blue in color for a 2000 -2002 cavalier z24 2 door
tell me the price u want
Thursday, July 19, 2007 10:50 AM
I have an almost worn out clutch at home. It won't slip if you treat it right. I can give away for free if I still have it somewhere.

Friday, July 20, 2007 12:48 AM
Turbines, To Speed! wrote:I have an almost worn out clutch at home. It won't slip if you treat it right. I can give away for free if I still have it somewhere.

thanks on the offer of the clutch but ill just stick to waiting for the stage 1 and when time comes would anyone want to give a helping hand to install the flywheel and clutch
cause i never did it before so u wanna halp ill have a 24 in cooler for ya name ure brew
Sunday, July 22, 2007 9:48 AM
i've got a spare flywheel you could machine $20 if you want it, no down time waiting to get it resurfaced, it was from my car

BTW:

J Body Meet August 12th 2007 7pm Assinniboine Park Zoo Parking lot

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Monday, July 23, 2007 1:05 AM
I'll be there. but between what time?

Monday, July 23, 2007 7:18 PM
if i can get my cav patched up im definetly not missin this oppertunity
Thursday, August 02, 2007 6:36 PM
hello finally got my car on the road, anyone have any tips on breaking a engine in, also i have a stage 3 spec clutch and flywheel i get a little chatter with it only have 3 hours on car, how long does it take to break in the clutch
Thursday, August 02, 2007 8:18 PM
some people don't believe in break-ins on clutches, just drive it like you're going to drive it regularily.

I've also heard the same about breaking in an engine, drive it like you will for its life. They say that it sets the rings in a certain way with the cylinder walls.

I did both, I hammered on it every once in a while and babied it too.

personally I never broke my clutch in, and I never had any chatter. Mind you my stage 3 clutch was a carbon disk, and judging by your chatter, you have a ceramic.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search