winnipeg j-bodies - Page 8 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Monday, April 09, 2007 10:34 PM
Justin_Inc wrote:

BlkCav wrote:

possible RIP to Ian's old Sunfire GT

didnt last that long eh?


nope but what can you do, its cases like this that made my decision to never sell a vehicle locally, always sell it to someone out of province imo that way you don't have to see it all the time and you don't always hear what happens to it.


meh what can ya do though? It sucks cuz that was a nice fire, but accidents (albeit a stupid one), happen.


~Queen Bee~

Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Tuesday, April 10, 2007 7:22 AM
Justin_Inc wrote:

BlkCav wrote:

possible RIP to Ian's old Sunfire GT

didnt last that long eh?


nope but what can you do, its cases like this that made my decision to never sell a vehicle locally, always sell it to someone out of province imo that way you don't have to see it all the time and you don't always hear what happens to it.


Well I heard what happened to it, and that kinda made me sad, but I doubt I'll be seeing it around. I'd never want a frame damaged car back, it will never be the same. I think he'd be smartest to swap everything over to the Cavy vert that he has.


15.3 @ 89.97mph - '01 SFGT
'98 Acura 1.6EL Sport 5M Y7/Y8 mini me
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Tuesday, April 10, 2007 11:52 AM
that sucks man that was easily one of the nicest fires in wpg!!!!


----------

http://corpsemangler.fortunecity.com
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Tuesday, April 10, 2007 12:23 PM
I agree with Ian, I think swapping everything to the vert is the way to go...

Rob
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Tuesday, April 10, 2007 8:43 PM
Ian Brydon wrote:

Justin_Inc wrote:

BlkCav wrote:

possible RIP to Ian's old Sunfire GT

didnt last that long eh?


nope but what can you do, its cases like this that made my decision to never sell a vehicle locally, always sell it to someone out of province imo that way you don't have to see it all the time and you don't always hear what happens to it.


Well I heard what happened to it, and that kinda made me sad, but I doubt I'll be seeing it around. I'd never want a frame damaged car back, it will never be the same. I think he'd be smartest to swap everything over to the Cavy vert that he has.


it can be made to be like factory or better, but the amount of workmanship and time involved is ridiculous...


_______________________
** Flat Broke Racing Inc.**
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Tuesday, April 10, 2007 11:46 PM
Justin_Inc wrote:

Ian Brydon wrote:

Justin_Inc wrote:

BlkCav wrote:

possible RIP to Ian's old Sunfire GT

didnt last that long eh?


nope but what can you do, its cases like this that made my decision to never sell a vehicle locally, always sell it to someone out of province imo that way you don't have to see it all the time and you don't always hear what happens to it.


Well I heard what happened to it, and that kinda made me sad, but I doubt I'll be seeing it around. I'd never want a frame damaged car back, it will never be the same. I think he'd be smartest to swap everything over to the Cavy vert that he has.


it can be made to be like factory or better, but the amount of workmanship and time involved is ridiculous...


And what shop is going to put that kind of time/work into a sunfire?


15.3 @ 89.97mph - '01 SFGT
'98 Acura 1.6EL Sport 5M Y7/Y8 mini me
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 3:18 AM
my car was a rebuild and honestly I've never had any problems. just the usual @!#$ wearing out.





Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 6:21 AM
I have owned 2 rebuilds, the first one was not worth being put back on the road, absolutely no time or effert was put into it, and I had issues from fuel gauge not working due to an accident related electrical, to pain peeling and fading. The one I have no is worth it, but I would say something that has never been in an accident would be a better idea IMO.


HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 3:24 PM
Ian Brydon wrote:

Justin_Inc wrote:

Ian Brydon wrote:

Justin_Inc wrote:

BlkCav wrote:

possible RIP to Ian's old Sunfire GT

didnt last that long eh?


nope but what can you do, its cases like this that made my decision to never sell a vehicle locally, always sell it to someone out of province imo that way you don't have to see it all the time and you don't always hear what happens to it.


Well I heard what happened to it, and that kinda made me sad, but I doubt I'll be seeing it around. I'd never want a frame damaged car back, it will never be the same. I think he'd be smartest to swap everything over to the Cavy vert that he has.


it can be made to be like factory or better, but the amount of workmanship and time involved is ridiculous...


And what shop is going to put that kind of time/work into a sunfire?


just about any shop will, it all depends on the owners wants and needs, if the owners anal about the work, the shop will be to. There are a ton of reputable shops in the city that are capable of this. Don't get me wrong though, money is a huge factor in this department as well. I dont see why the car wouldn't be worth it to fix, just because the car may not be "worth" dumping XXXX amount of dollars into repair doesnt mean that its not worth it for sentimental values.


_______________________
** Flat Broke Racing Inc.**
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 4:02 PM
Justin, you are a good kid, and you really know your engines, but I laughed when I read "sentimental values"


HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 8:28 PM
ge_forcez22 wrote:

Justin, you are a good kid, and you really know your engines, but I laughed when I read "sentimental values"


lol, why the hell is that so funny, thats probably the only reason I'm doing my cavalier right now haha, if it didn't mean anything to me then i would've just sold it to an auto wrecker by now! and who you callin kid bro! I ought to kick yo ass for that homie!


_______________________
** Flat Broke Racing Inc.**

Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Thursday, April 12, 2007 6:50 AM
stop da hattin up in here gots a question though
im hearing a loud clunk everytime i engage the clutch quicker and its commin from the front and if anybody knows where i can find lightweight flywheel and a stage 1 clutch in the peg let me kno
and if u want to c my car check it out
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2312067
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Thursday, April 12, 2007 11:12 AM
my camrys got a rebuild status and so far is been a great car!! could do with a lil better gas mileage but when u only put 10 bucks in at a time what can you expect!


----------

http://corpsemangler.fortunecity.com
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Thursday, April 12, 2007 1:59 PM
yay my cav is going to be in pieces soon.... woohoo! Spent the last 2.5hrs on her today and a couple on her yesterday.... makes me happy


~Queen Bee~
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Thursday, April 12, 2007 2:04 PM
heard your comp jenny got attacked by spyware. I always blame the bro looking up porn!. anywho does atleast your boom boom still working?
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Thursday, April 12, 2007 2:13 PM
Shane Ends wrote:

heard your comp jenny got attacked by spyware. I always blame the bro looking up porn!. anywho does atleast your boom boom still working?



hahaha Rick tried to use the comp today and I told him my comp was taken over by viruses and doesnt work! LMAO

the boom boom still works, thanks again


~Queen Bee~
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Thursday, April 12, 2007 2:33 PM
ever since my alpine deck got stolen, I have stayed with a stock deck, and now my stocker CD-player doesn't work (past 6 months) so I only have radio, sometimes I sing to myseld *looks around*.


HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Thursday, April 12, 2007 3:17 PM
ge_forcez22 wrote:

ever since my alpine deck got stolen, I have stayed with a stock deck, and now my stocker CD-player doesn't work (past 6 months) so I only have radio, sometimes I sing to myseld *looks around*.


lmfao, you have a better tune to listen to anyways lol, nothing like a boosted LD9


_______________________
** Flat Broke Racing Inc.**
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Thursday, April 12, 2007 3:50 PM
that is true, it has a really nice sound. I just wish from 98-106 km/h on the highway I could get rid of a bit of an annoying hum in the exhaust... I might pull the lid and foam it, then shape it smooth and cover it. Apparently that really helps, and some inner fender liners from the 2003+ J-body's


HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Thursday, April 12, 2007 6:50 PM
I never turned my stereo on once in the fire last year

its definitely a nice tune to my ears, but my passengers probably don't agree.



Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Thursday, April 12, 2007 6:51 PM
lol, thats going to be one thing that I'm skimping on with my car, just sticking with the stock system, i've been tossing the idea of throwing a small 10" in the trunk for some extra kick (high level inputs) but not sure if I'm going to yet..




_______________________
** Flat Broke Racing Inc.**

Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:16 PM
how big of an exhaust setup are you talking?



Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:32 PM
ge_forcez22 wrote:

ever since my alpine deck got stolen, I have stayed with a stock deck, and now my stocker CD-player doesn't work (past 6 months) so I only have radio, sometimes I sing to myseld *looks around*.



like I told you, you can have mine...though it might be entertaining to hear you sing to yourself


~Queen Bee~
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Thursday, April 12, 2007 8:05 PM
stevefire wrote:

how big of an exhaust setup are you talking?


mine will be a full mandrel 3" system (including downpipe) to the back, where it will be into a camaro muffler and then split out to two 2.5" outlets..



_______________________
** Flat Broke Racing Inc.**
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Thursday, April 12, 2007 9:12 PM
3" is a good size, make sure you get a really good flowing muffler, it helps spool more than people give credit for.


HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search