GM-Revolution - Page 10 - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: GM-Revolution
Sunday, September 25, 2005 9:17 PM
sorry i couldnt make it, here's the scoop.....

Went to work today at 10:00.
Around 11:30, a guy from our install bay came to pick up my car to install my new car alarm.
I got off at 5:00 (early i know).
Had to call for a ride from my roommate to pick me up.
Drove to the house where my car alarm was being installed.
Got there at 5:45, at 9:00 they told me it couldnt be done.

so come to find out....
thanx to the guy who wired my original car alarm, there were burnt out wires, and wayyyy to many things hooked up. (ie: 5 relays for the alarm to work correctly) i kept hearing them talk about "dome supervision". so as of right now my Keyless entry doesnt work anymore, my remote start will only work 1 in about 10 times. and the alarm only works if i arm it AFTER the dome light turns off......

Very eventfull night

so now i need to find out how much pick and pull is going to charge me for a new engine/ignition harness cuz im prolly gonna have to get a new one....grrrr.... i have all the luck dont I?

Monday, September 26, 2005 8:32 AM
lol so did you guys go to the club after. i was gonna go with jesse but i was to tired

Yes Officer I completly understand that my car is to loud and I thank you for the compliment
Monday, September 26, 2005 11:32 AM
well

ya i implied that that Crysler and Mitsubishi work together... DSM Mitsu Diamond Mopar Star Motors ... Now if you were to pop the hoods on a

Mitsubishi Eclipse
Eagle Talon
Plymouth Lazer

From just looking at the surface, the engine bays would all look the same. (no different than the difference between Pontiac Sunfire and Chevrolet Cavalier engine bays or Chevrolet S10, GMC Sonoma, and Isusu Hombre.) however... there is one main difference between the three

The mitsubishi ecclipse will have a Long Block bottom end... the Talon and the Lazer will have Short Blocks... the heads and valve covers will be the same though... you'll even see the Mopar Star on driver side of all three of the heads.

Now i could be wrong here... but from what ive been told...

When AMC - the fourth Domestic company - went under, the brands "Eagle, and Jeep" were sold to both Mopar and Mitsubishi jointly, and both companies incorporated it. and finally in 1998 or 1999 when Mopar phased out the Eagle brand, and then again in 2000 or 2001 when they also phased out the Plymouth name, the car is exclusively mitsubishi now. However.. Dodge Neon, Dodge Stratus, Dodge Stealth, Dodge Intrepid, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Chrysler Voyager, Mitsu Ecclipse, Mitsu Galant, Mitsu Lancer, Mistu Lancer Evo, and Mitsu 3000 GT can all basically interchange motors with out too much effort. Most of the engines out of the cars above are either the 2.0 DOHC or the 2.4 DOHC short and long blocks...

now enough off topic

a couple things needs to be addressed from the meet

1) Brad mentioned posting a driving ettiquet for the team... im all for this.. so let me know when ure ready on this one
2) Im not gonna mention names here... but burn outs... dont do em in the parking lot... if ure going to, get on the road or go to a different lot, and if you do that, don't come back and park with the team... we dont need to get the cops pissed at us...
3) Decals... my order for vinyl will be going in hopefully this week... make sure if you havent given me a color yet to do so as soon as possible
4) Brad... we forgot to get a contact list set up... so imma make this real simple... since everyone assoicated with the team comes up on here... EVERYONE WANTING TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH THE TEAM... PLEASE EMAIL ME AT webmaster@j-body.tk WITH NAME - PHONE - EMAIL - AIM (IF ACCLIPBLE) and i'll have a print out ready for everyone attending the next meet in two weeks.

i think thats it... My laptop is a bit under the weather (its not getting power from the power cord) so i can only check up on the org when im at the shop or at school...

later all

Monday, September 26, 2005 12:16 PM
^

Monday, September 26, 2005 3:50 PM
driving ettiqueteteteeeetetee...yea...good idea...dont want our "super cool" driving skills to attract too much unwanted attention this early on in the game..hah no sarcasm towards the idea...cus i think peeling out in the parking lot is so....middle school...unless of course ur at burn out comp...then buahhahahaha

anyways as for vinyl color...white will do for me

-GM stands for Got Mark?
-"shampoo? i'll poop on your shams!!!"
Monday, September 26, 2005 4:46 PM
Cadwz24... and whom might you be???

Monday, September 26, 2005 5:41 PM
Well im out folks... i'll catch ya'll wednesday when i either get my laptop back or from class....

time to get back to tearing up my back end...

Monday, September 26, 2005 6:10 PM
Burnouts....hmmmmm........WRONG! I didn't do an extreme as we all saw. Just messed around a little Just a small screech. Second my tires are too worn to do a REAL peel out anyway(as in smoke.....streaks.....).. (Although I turned a lot harder than I meant to. ) As for the Scion.....yeah he went a little bit tooo...extreme. my bad...not THAT serious though..just won't do it again is all. But yeah I apologize for doing what I did anyhow. Don't wanna get us in trouble.

"Hmmph"
Monday, September 26, 2005 6:25 PM
sall good muh man hahaha

-GM stands for Got Mark?
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:35 PM
GM REVOLUTION OF VA

If you own and enjoy your GM vehicle then you are welcome to explore our club.
This includes Cavaliers, Sunfires, Cobalts, Ions, and
any other sport compact GM vehicle out there.

We are a group of individuals with a decent amount of knowledge
Of our vehicles. Most of our vehicles are modified from something as simple
As a tint job through extensive turbo and supercharged modifications.

We plan trips to shows, events, and tracks in an attempt to win prizes, improve our
Times and get our name noticed. This is a no stress/no dues organization of friends
with some of the same interests who get together to help each other with their projects.

Our membership policy is extremely simple.
Show up at one meeting and you become a prospect.
Show up at a second meeting and put a sticker on you car and you’re a member.
That’s All!!!!

MEETING ETIQUETTE
During meets members will conduct themselves accordingly.
This is in an effort to avoid undue attention from authorities and
put forth a good image and example to others.

This means:
No Burnouts
No Brake Stands
No E-Braking
Limit excessive noise
(Don’t bang your stereo the entire time)
(Don’t rev your exhaust for too much time)
(Some noise however is expected)
Avoid hooting and hollering at passerby’s
(This implies its just to make noise, Getting someones attention being ok)
Once you leave the place of meeting however your conduct
Is obviously you own business.

If you have questions about meetings, shows, tracks, or just who
We are and what we are up to then please contact us.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:41 PM
^^^u should make that a sticky somewhere

-GM stands for Got Mark?

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 7:06 PM
thats cool...so whens the next one planned and yes im scraping my dcr stickers off . I refuse to promote the oppressive dcr evilness

Yes Officer I completly understand that my car is to loud and I thank you for the compliment
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 7:36 AM
Me and jason are planning on going to
Langley Speedway today after we pick up my
car from Millenium. This weekend is Super Chevy
me jason and i think it was will (sorry for the bad memory)
are going to that. Next Wednesday me and Jason
may be entering our cars in the Street car events
at Langley but we will see.

So in answer to your question the next meet will
probably be the weekend of the 10th give or take.

Nissan ... SKYLINE.... R32...
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 2:54 PM
Here are some inprogress pics of the taillights... we're nearly done with the swap...

ORIGINIALLY POSTED ON www.v6z24.com APPERANCE FORUM
http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/viewtopic.php?t=72560

ive put the order in for the rolls of vinyl... i talked it over with the owner of the shop... and its looking like its gonna be $5 for a set of two decals...

Re: Nissan ... SKYLINE.... R32...
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 5:24 PM
So after a dissapointing day at the dyno.
I'm pissed Jason is running rich at 222hp
with the same setup as me. I'm running
lean, lean, lean at 220 when my target was
The shop suggested new injectors however
both hahn and another person on here called
hypsy who is in contact with them nonstop with their
kit said the injectors were sufficient.
Damn my world sucks.
Any suggestions before i ram a pole????

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 6:30 PM
I got one....cough cough.....gimme your turbo before you ram your car into a pole cough cough....hem hem.
BTW.. got a weird problem myself. Can't figure out what's goin on. My engine temp has ALWAYS been at 195. Well as of the last few weeks It seems it constantly goes to about 230 or 240 unless I have the AC on. I turn my car off and most of the time the fan cuts on...even on non hot days. I have everything topped off such as oil and coolant. SO WTF IS GOING ON? You guys have any ideas? I remember one time though I went and got a radiator flush and the guy said that the liquid only went through when he did quite a but of revving....this is starting to worry me.

"Hmmph"
clocks tickin'....
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 7:36 PM
2 days for AT LEAST Jason, Brad, and myself to get stickers on before SuperChevyShow...

tick....tock....tick...tock...

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:06 PM
newman wrote:Any suggestions before i ram a pole????

did they adjust the fmu any?

supersaiyanvegeta wrote: You guys have any ideas? I remember one time though I went and got a radiator flush and the guy said that the liquid only went through when he did quite a but of revving....this is starting to worry me.

try a new thermostate.

in a few weeks (months?) A new Member!
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:57 PM
good news everyone....

Linsey(My girlfriend for all of you newbies, lol), might be gettin a cav in a few weeks! so as soon as i teach her to drive a stick (pray for my clutch) we have a new member! so yaay for us!

donations should be made out to Will Dorsett.....lol Im just kidding

Re: in a few weeks (months?) A new Member!
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:03 PM
im tired going to bed now................................

Thursday, September 29, 2005 2:53 AM
OK now i'm flat out pissed.
Yes they adjusted he FMU
Now i just threw a check engine light.
I gaurantee its telling me i'm running to rich
When i'm driving around not under boost even my
cheap ass narrowband air/fuel is buried rich.
WTF is going on here.

Sounds to me like they bumped up my base fuel pressure
so high its @!#$ with everything else.

Jason i NEED you to do me a favor so call me please.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 6:26 AM
try taking it to a different place to get it tuned.

aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh
Thursday, September 29, 2005 8:29 AM
I would but i'm broke right now soooooo
that makes me SOL

OUCH!!!!
Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:07 AM
Yo Brad.....i got you beat.....i just blew my motor....from running too rich...my piston rings got eaten thru and i have oil in all 4 cylinders and check engine codes up the ass...be sure that you're not runing too rich all the time like i was with my FMU....right now....i just dumped a ton of money for a forged internal rebuild...shoudl be ready in 3 weeks...then imma comin after you and Casper..a performance shop up here in Jersey is doin the work for me....but 220whp and 222whp...pretty damn nice numbers....just wait til i'm done on my end....rebuild, secret cam and alky injection.....
I can't wait to get to VA.....
Re: OUCH!!!!
Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:45 AM
well brad isnt going to super chevy so i guess that leaves me, will , lindsey. Hey zac do you think you might go? Hey the chocolet pop tarts arent that bad. If you wanted to know. Ok talk to you later

jason

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search