Tinkles 03 cavy - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Tinkles 03 cavy
Sunday, April 06, 2008 7:23 PM
Here tabs,

Thats all i got for now.

Sunday, April 06, 2008 7:29 PM
Vincent Morris wrote:im gonna go with....
-10 for filthy engine bay
+1 for tuner sides
+1 for pile of parts
id have to see the front on the car to really tell on that.

-20 for your @!#$ piss poor attitude.

Neatness under the hood is WAY overrated. If you know where everything is and can get to it easily that's all that matters. That's all I've heard for most of the time I've been working on my car and they still hate on the filth under the hood. Oh well, what can you do w/ almost $10,000 in parts under there. Kinda hard to keep all that stuff neat and tidy. Do it up man. Can't wait to see the bc2 on an 03+ front end.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Sunday, April 06, 2008 7:36 PM
as much as im sure ill like the bc2 kit, i think a stock lip kit would look sick on your car.
ahh what am i saying.....its f'n slammed. just about anything would look slick on it!

Sunday, April 06, 2008 7:37 PM
Im alittle iffy on kitting it. Its my DD for now and i really dont want to mess the BC2 up. The Xtreame tuner sides are already going to be millimeters off the ground. But i do know its going to be sick kitted.

Monday, April 07, 2008 2:47 PM
I decided to wash it and take a few pics on my way home from work.

Monday, April 07, 2008 3:05 PM
Looking good bro...

Monday, April 07, 2008 3:24 PM
soooooo lowwwwww!
Monday, April 07, 2008 7:57 PM
Poor attitude? Im not sure i follow.

Anyway i figure its getting warm enough to start playing around with the BC2 and some fiberglass. Any tips for a glassing noob?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, April 07, 2008 7:58 PM

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 5:16 AM
base model on bags is perfect.

no nonsence, no frills, just low.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Saturday, April 12, 2008 9:17 PM
I started this little project today. I still have a bunch more work to do on it. I hope to have it done by this weekend.

BTW this is my very 1st time glassing, so go easy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, April 12, 2008 9:40 PM

Friday, April 18, 2008 6:30 PM
After workin in the bezel after work all week, i finally end up with this:

I still have more sanding to do, apply body filler, sand some more, hopefully primer and paint.

Im starting to piece together my exhaust parts. Here is my "muffler".

I had to order 2 cuz the are only sold in pairs. Im not sure if im gonna use both of them. They are SLP Loudmouth 2 mufflers 2.5" in and out.

Here is a pic to show how restrictive these mufflers are.

I know some of you are gonna say that its gonna sound like ass, but you dont know what other items im getting for my exhaust. So just calm down.

I also have a Innovate G3/LC-1 wideband from Karo that will be gettin installed when my exhaust gets done.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 1:28 PM

Here is a pic of the lowest part of my car.

Another pic of my car.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 3:59 PM
bumper progress?

Saturday, April 19, 2008 4:43 PM
jnickel wrote:bumper progress?

None, doing the bezel 1st.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 8:57 PM
He was talking about my attitude. im just a fan of a all around clean car, not just the outside. my car is by no means perfect. FAR from it. bit i like a clean engine bay, and a clean exterior. even if under my hood was stock it still would be clean.

keeping something clean is a lot easier than trying to make something dirty, clean.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:31 PM
Ah ok, i read his post wrong.

For now my car is my DD and with my project for it and my truck, i dont quite have the time to really clean my engine bay. If i get a beater, then i try to put alot more effort into cleaning it.

For this car im approaching it like i am with my truck, only do one thing at a time. This way i will not get overwhelmed, but i do need to start working on my truck again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:42 PM

Saturday, April 19, 2008 10:40 PM
Thank god another cav in the reading area looks good man, slammed as all hell

" Aint nothin' but a Peanut!"
Saturday, April 19, 2008 11:01 PM
^^^^Actually i dont live down there. I live up above Scranton. I was only down there for work and an attempted East PA J-body meet.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 11:22 PM
trust me the side skirt will sit really low!!!! if u dont lay it out on a flat surface u will mess up the sides. luckly when i did it to mine the double sided tape didnt stick good enough that it just bowed the skirts rather break them. ill put up a quick pic so u can see what mine looked like from the side.

Sunday, April 20, 2008 7:16 AM
I know, i mocked up the side skirts and only had millimeters to spare.

Monday, April 21, 2008 6:32 PM
Here is alittle update on my bezel.

The pics make it look better than it actually does. I still need to lay more filler and alot more sanding.

Monday, April 21, 2008 6:35 PM
I can say this is one of my fav 03s.. even in its current condition... Love where this is going

Monday, April 21, 2008 6:43 PM
Mr. Kleindl wrote:I can say this is one of my fav 03s.. even in its current condition... Love where this is going

I never knew one mod can change a car soooo drastically. lol.

I know its over due, but thanks to the comments.

Its fun sittin at Sheetz or an autoparts store. People ask me how i drive it when its that low, then i tell them its bagged.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 2:52 PM
So as much as I've seen top-center A/C vents 'glassed for gauges and such, should I then start working on a new use for my top-center A/C vent that has zero airflow?
Tuesday, April 22, 2008 2:54 PM
Greg wrote:So as much as I've seen top-center A/C vents 'glassed for gauges and such, should I then start working on a new use for my top-center A/C vent that has zero airflow?

And to clarify, I'm talking about the vents on the front console and not the windshield defroster ones. Sorry.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search