Tinkles 03 cavy - Page 4 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Tinkles 03 cavy
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 5:58 AM
My center vents do have air flow, but i never use that setting on my HVAC. Also its a perfect spot for gauges. I was debating about doing the bezel, but i hate where my air-ride controller is located now. Also im tired of always looking down to see what my tank pressure is and have the controller displaying volts(it cycles from volts to tank psi ever 20 seconds). So a voltmeter is going in there too.

Those are my reasons, but you can do anything you want to with those vents. Fiberglassing isnt hard, this is my first time doing anything like this. I have learned that you dont rush it.

Now a question for you guys. Would regular clear coat give a semi-gloss look when sprayed over a "flat" color? Also im thinking either silver or flat (semi-gloss?) black for the color. Opinions?

Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:37 PM
After a few more hours of sanding, laying filler, and sanding some more. Im finally at the point where im satisfied with it.

I will be at least gettin a solid coat of primer on it tomarrow night and hopefully paint.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 4:59 PM
I finally got to where in happy with the bezel and shot it with flat black paint.

The voltmeter isnt hooked up, yet. It will be hopefully tomarrow night. Yes, I know i need to hide the wires. They are for my compressor and need to be redone, i just havent had the time.

I do plan on trying to make a trim peice for around the controller. Again when i have time.

So, whadda think??

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 5:11 PM
dude that looks awsome, GREAT job i'm very impressed. and i really like the flat black!

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 6:24 PM
Holy crap!! Great work man! Did you use any fiberglass, or is it just all filler?

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 6:28 PM
i think you need to work on that green thing in the background of the 2nd pic on this page....
hehe

but job well done. now get to work

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 6:47 PM
Sal - Yea there is glass in there, the gauge is glassed in and the back of the controller "pod" is glass too. Sadly i had to use more filler than i wanted to, to build up the top of the controller "pod".

Jnickel - All in due time, I need to get better glassing supplies than what i used on the bezel...... I'll admit it, Bondo products were used.

Damnit, we need a grammar check too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 06, 2008 6:51 PM

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 8:53 AM
Damn man...props again..looks super rad

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 3:11 PM
if you havnt ordered rims yet may want to check with tenzo. my 19x8's came and when i was talking with the salesmen on the tenzo's he said they were actually closer to 8 1/4" and i had to end up rolling my rear fenders with a 45mm offset. something to think about.

and the bezel looks like it turned out pretty good. im liking the progress so far.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, May 07, 2008 4:58 PM
Im going to look at rims when im down at carlisle saturday. My mind keeps changing on what rims to go with. I'll proboly end up going with 17s, 18s would be nice but i would destroy them on my road.

Dirt roads FTL.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 6:40 PM
car is looking good. can't wait to see it sat!!

Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:30 PM
So its been a month without doing anything on the cav except for gettin new tires on my steelies. Its gettin inspected saturday at the Ford dealer i bought it from(i know the tech who is doing the inspection and said he will pass the airride). I have been losing faith in my stock brakes, so i gave Aaron alittle business.

Im tossing them on tomarrow after work.

Other than that there isnt really anything more to report for alittle bit.

Friday, June 13, 2008 3:13 PM
Got home from work and busted out the brakes. I'll be bedding them in tonight.

Friday, June 13, 2008 6:36 PM
man no far, send them this way Looking good

Friday, June 13, 2008 9:04 PM
is it just me or is that rotor on the wrong side.

Saturday, June 14, 2008 1:05 PM
Tanabeo wrote:is it just me or is that rotor on the wrong side.

They are on the right sides. They are suppose to be mounted like that. They are labeled R for right side(passenger) and L for left side(driver).

I got it inspected today(it passed) and i figured why not head to the junkyard, since i was close by. I strolled trough the whole GM section and really didnt find much goodies from cavys. So i decided to walk back through the GM section again and see if what Grand Ams they had there. I found alot with 2.3 DOHCs and SOHC??(did they make these or were my eyes playing tricks on me?), found one with an eco. Then i walked up on a 99' Grand Am SE and it had these beauties on it.

Of course i didnt have the correct tools, so i drove home, loaded up my hand bag, and came back. There was no way i was gonna let these slip through my hands.

Saturday, June 14, 2008 1:47 PM
nice grab tinkles so there's no cavys @ garys i was gonna stroll up there and do a walk through see whats up there. glad i didn't waste my gas or time
Saturday, June 14, 2008 1:55 PM
There are a bunch of cavs up there, but they didnt have anything i could use.

Monday, June 30, 2008 5:20 PM
looks good but i wanna see some pics of that body kit!!!

SIG!!!
Tuesday, July 01, 2008 12:31 PM
If everything goes to plan(which it seldom does) the kit will be installed this winter along with some other goodies. It depends on when i move and how much extra money im gonna have laying around.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 2:00 PM
After months of waiting. Its finally here.

My BCC gauges.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 2:48 PM
Looking good. I love the interior setup, so nice and clean. You suck for gettin the 140 cluster...I want that so fricking bad. Looks good though. So when is that nice combo of a kit goin on there. Very anxious to see this thing done.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Thursday, July 24, 2008 4:05 PM
looking good man. keep it up.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 5:04 PM
Tanabeo wrote:is it just me or is that rotor on the wrong side.

Baer's go the "wrong" way. That's just how they are meant to be installed.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Friday, July 25, 2008 10:41 PM
Installed I love it. Definitely worth the wait.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search