Jazer build thread - Page 6 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Jazer build thread
Sunday, August 05, 2012 11:16 PM
EVILution (KGM Godfather) wrote:
..oh, and I'm excited to sleep too haha

I remember(well sorta) another weekend where that was a glorious concept.

Monday, August 06, 2012 1:10 AM
F ball joints.

that is all.

PJ + die grinder > stupid castleboltballjoint

wish I could stay to help more guys, but the drivetrain and suspension is ready to go!

now, to see if i can get blue up and running before jess stops by on her way home!

Monday, August 06, 2012 5:03 AM
approved....now get it in said sunlight asap

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, August 06, 2012 5:47 AM
Damn, now that turned out WAY lighter than what I was expecting. Cyber grey is on the Z71's correct? and is as dark as gunmetal.

With all that, still looks good. I like it, whatever color it is lol

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, August 06, 2012 6:15 AM
Looking good. You guys are tearing that project up like crazy. I'm jealous.

Monday, August 06, 2012 6:44 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:Damn, now that turned out WAY lighter than what I was expecting. Cyber grey is on the Z71's correct? and is as dark as gunmetal.

With all that, still looks good. I like it, whatever color it is lol

Yeah it's the gunmetal on the 2009 + Chevys. I was expecting the metallic gunmetal, so I was surprised to see how light it is. They must do something else to the paint to get that look or something, maybe a black primer or something. Idk. It's light, but my favorite color for a car is white, so a lighter look is okay in my books. It's a really pretty silvery color and the car is still gonna look bangin when it's all put together. Can't wait!

Monday, August 06, 2012 6:46 AM
As far as the speed it's goin, we have had a lot of great help, JBOrs and non, so their help is much appreciated!

Monday, August 06, 2012 7:03 AM
Good to hear you like it regardless.

306 TQ
Monday, August 06, 2012 7:30 AM
Love it so far. Just the 2 small bolts holding the strikers in place, I would've removed those before paint. Less than a minute per side to get ZERO tape lines. Still looks good. Just gives the paint a spot to start to peel/chip.

Monday, August 06, 2012 6:12 PM
That's true! Ah well, too late now, lol. We took everything else off, lol.

Monday, August 06, 2012 6:19 PM
Ran out of daylight so didn't get it started, did a lot of runnin around today, but the engine is literally 30 minutes of work away from starting. Not in a rush though, so will wait for tomorrow. Need to grab another hose, install the radiator, drain out the old engine oil and fill her up with fluids. Matt is almost done with all the panels too. Gettin there!! Can't wait to drive it! Got a B&M Short throw while down here from Ryan too. Cars gonna feel totally different, startin to get excited!

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 5:29 AM
^I bet! haha

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 6:05 AM
Definitely won't seem like the same car when you get to drive it again.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 8:02 AM
So I'll have to make a quick trip out there to hump it from the sounds of things.

Humpings, raiding Matt's beer, and cabelas. Yup I'll make an appearance before it goes.

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that.

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 9:43 AM
Lol. Well I'm headed to PJs after this, maybe as early as tomorrow? I have to stop by Steve's he's gonna buff it for me too.

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 9:47 AM
Well lemme know PJ's is much closer after all lol

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that.

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 5:59 PM

Didn't get it started yet, lol, today was a slow day. Couldn't find my break booster check valve so need to hit up the yard tomorrow morning. All it needs is the damn vacuum system, and a battery. Close though! The painting is however done, so tomorrow brings a full reassembly! Can't wait!

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 6:06 PM
New polished valve cover in the trunk, plan to get it PCd. Engine detailing comes later. Goal right now is it running, not be show ready ATM. As you have seen we've had a lot to focus on this past week! Lol.

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 6:53 PM
Ok I had a gripe with the valve cover, fuel rail, coolant res, and radiator being all old and busted until you said your not show ready yet and you've acknowledged that . At least you got the car painted. Looks good from the pics.

306 TQ
Tuesday, August 07, 2012 7:04 PM
Haha. Yeah we had a lot to accomplish this past week, making the engine and accesories pretty isn't a priority... Now once I'm back home, that's easy stuff that I can take my time with and enjoy doing. This trip is all business. Lol.

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 7:42 PM
Progress is looking good. gonna be a nice car when all is said and done.

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 7:15 PM
So ..... IT RUNS! Real smooth too. Engine sounds healthy. Just need a DP, it's a bit loud open header.... Lol. I have a video on Facebook, I'm not sure how to link it tho.

Body is almost assembled. Just need to buy all new headlight and corner light bulbs, and some 3M tape for my skirts, but it's just about done! Tomorrow it's getting wet sanded and buffed too.

Now for pics!

Here is the lil to my video on facebook, I can't get the public link lIke I can with images, so if anyone knows how, let me know. Or send me a friend request if youre not my friend already and just write JBO or something.

Facebook.com/xxjazerxx

Facebook

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 7:26 PM
dang you move fast!!!!!

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 7:28 PM
I had a ton of great help!

We did accomplish a lot in a pretty short time though, lol.

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 7:30 PM
Wow, you guys move fast!! Love the new color cant wait to see pictures in the sunlight.
Are you not going to be painting the mirrors?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search