What happened to the JBO?? - Page 5 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What happened to the JBO??
Sunday, April 12, 2009 9:59 PM
Saying that people have J's because they love them is completely stupid.

I got my J because it was cheap.

I still have it because its cheap.

And I will still have it because its cheap.

Im assuming a lot of people will agree with that. Aside from being a stereo mule I have no reason to modify this car over anyother.

Edit: And I shall make one final point. If you all want to see this site remain then support it by going premi instead of sitting around bitching about how its crap. Dave cant improve the site for free. It requires real money. Ok Im done with my sales pitch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, April 12, 2009 10:03 PM

Sunday, April 12, 2009 10:54 PM
It would be easier of a decision to pay to be on a site, if it wasnt instant flame to everything someone posts. I'm done here.

Monday, April 13, 2009 4:36 AM
MarkyB86 wrote:It would be easier of a decision to pay to be on a site, if it wasnt instant flame to everything someone posts. I'm done here.

when you compare a j-body to jesus what do you expect?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, April 13, 2009 5:21 AM
Ok, I know I don't have the prettiest of J's, but I've got quite a bit invested under the hood and keep going with it. The J is what it is, an econobox, throw away car. I love mine, but that doesn't change the fact that they are meant to be just throw away cars. My father pokes fun at me because I don't drive a Cavalier in the rain or in the winter. Doesn't bother me. I've pretty much customized this car into exactly what I want. Yeah so it won't be the fastest thing on the track. So it won't be the prettiest car on the road. I love mine, but the J's as a whole are garbage, that's what they were meant to be. GM made them cheap for entry level first time car owners. That was the target. There is a serious problem with this site, but it has nothing to do with the J.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Monday, April 13, 2009 8:00 AM
Not even Jesus could make a 1986 Cavalier rise from the dead.

GTFO.

Monday, April 13, 2009 9:38 AM
TheSundownFire wrote:Saying that people have J's because they love them is completely stupid.

Im assuming a lot of people will agree with that. Aside from being a stereo mule I have no reason to modify this car over anyother.

Edit: And I shall make one final point. If you all want to see this site remain then support it by going premi instead of sitting around bitching about how its crap. Dave cant improve the site for free. It requires real money. Ok Im done with my sales pitch.

Clap,Clap, clap!!

Well stated my friend!!!!

I have a 95 Sunfire Convertible, not because it is the best convertible available to me but because it was CHEAP!!
Would I rather an Audi TT convertible?? Sure would! but can you get me one for $600 in fantastic shape with no major damage or rust?
I wanted another convertible since I let my 90 Miata go away a few years ago. I also wanted a back seat for we missed having that in the Mazda.
I searched and searched all the convertibles ever made since the 60's and I kept coming back to the Jcar. Nowhere can you find a car (I know you'll laugh at this but here goes) as dependable and as well equipped (air bags, etc) for the money. This was the best value bar none out there. Old British cars are just that, old cars that need continuous repair, they weren't any good when they were brand new and I had them (yes, I'm old). Most foreign examples were way more than I wanted to spend. Domestic models, newer or older were too expensive and I wanted to get good (high 20's - low 30's) fuel mileage.

I plan on having this car for many years to come, even if my income rockets up (unlikely), I'll probably keep this around.

Dave
Monday, April 13, 2009 10:46 AM
He didn't compare the J-Body to Jesus did he?

Oh No. Fila was a good comparison, hell even L.A. Gear Shoes.

FOR SALE
Monday, April 13, 2009 12:55 PM
sndsgood wrote:
BaggedOn20s wrote:
Phewes wrote:haters = motivation.

QFT

So the J-Body should NOT be compared to air force ones, lets compare them to chuck taylors.... They are still kickin'

another bad example since when chuck taylors came out they were the hottest shoes as well.

you guys kill me. it has nothing to do with being a HATER or any such nonsence. its just FACTS they dont make the car anymore so the platform is DEAD. nothing you can say will change that. are there diehard fans? yes will there still be guys rocking cavs in 10 years? sure. but they still wont be rolling off the assembly line so the platform still is dead.

I missed that earlier, the only reason I compared J's to Chuck Taylors is being that they were CHEAP, seemed like EVERYONE had them and there are still a few pairs around. Not the best comparison but hey we are comparing cars to shoes, give me a break.

FOR SALE
Monday, April 13, 2009 1:07 PM
BaggedOn20s wrote:
sndsgood wrote:
BaggedOn20s wrote:
Phewes wrote:haters = motivation.

QFT

So the J-Body should NOT be compared to air force ones, lets compare them to chuck taylors.... They are still kickin'

another bad example since when chuck taylors came out they were the hottest shoes as well.

you guys kill me. it has nothing to do with being a HATER or any such nonsence. its just FACTS they dont make the car anymore so the platform is DEAD. nothing you can say will change that. are there diehard fans? yes will there still be guys rocking cavs in 10 years? sure. but they still wont be rolling off the assembly line so the platform still is dead.

I missed that earlier, the only reason I compared J's to Chuck Taylors is being that they were CHEAP, seemed like EVERYONE had them and there are still a few pairs around. Not the best comparison but hey we are comparing cars to shoes, give me a break.

lol. yeah they were cheap but when they came out they were the first real type of basketball shoe out there. thats what pro basketball players were wearing because there was nothing like them at the time. those shoes have been around forever.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, April 13, 2009 4:55 PM
david keevil wrote:
TheSundownFire wrote:Saying that people have J's because they love them is completely stupid.

Clap,Clap, clap!!

I have a 95 Sunfire Convertible, not because it is the best convertible available to me but because it was CHEAP!!
Would I rather an Audi TT convertible?? Sure would! but can you get me one for $600 in fantastic shape with no major damage or rust?
I wanted another convertible since I let my 90 Miata go away a few years ago. I also wanted a back seat for we missed having that in the Mazda.
I searched and searched all the convertibles ever made since the 60's and I kept coming back to the Jcar. Nowhere can you find a car (I know you'll laugh at this but here goes) as dependable and as well equipped (air bags, etc) for the money. This was the best value bar none out there. Old British cars are just that, old cars that need continuous repair, they weren't any good when they were brand new and I had them (yes, I'm old). Most foreign examples were way more than I wanted to spend. Domestic models, newer or older were too expensive and I wanted to get good (high 20's - low 30's) fuel mileage.

I plan on having this car for many years to come, even if my income rockets up (unlikely), I'll probably keep this around.

Dave

you both are f*cking retarded. who are you 2 @!#$s to say that nobody buys j's 'cause they love them? I sure as f*ck did.. 99% of the j-body owners I know bought them 'cause they loved them too.. just cause you guys got yours cause they were cheap doesnt mean everyone did, nor should you be making that kinda call either. saying its stupid that someone buys a j 'cause they love it is a stupid comment in itself, especially saying it on a j-body enthusiast website.
Skunk is right.. the problem with this site isnt the cars, thats far damn sure

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, April 13, 2009 6:13 PM
The Black Pearl wrote:
david keevil wrote:

Clap,Clap, clap!!

Dave

you both are f*cking retarded. who are you 2 @!#$s to say that nobody buys j's 'cause they love them? I sure as f*ck did.. 99% of the j-body owners I know bought them 'cause they loved them too.. just cause you guys got yours cause they were cheap doesnt mean everyone did, nor should you be making that kinda call either. saying its stupid that someone buys a j 'cause they love it is a stupid comment in itself, especially saying it on a j-body enthusiast website.

no are you @!#$ retarded? last time i checked 99% of people bought js because they were cheap and thats all they could afford. i know i sure as wasnt excited to buy a cavalier because i really really wanted it. its what i could afford at the time and it served me well for the time i had it and it still runs good to this day.

Monday, April 13, 2009 6:22 PM
AWD GS wrote:
The Black Pearl wrote:
david keevil wrote:

Clap,Clap, clap!!

Dave

no are you @!#$ retarded? last time i checked 99% of people bought js because they were cheap and thats all they could afford. i know i sure as wasnt excited to buy a cavalier because i really really wanted it. its what i could afford at the time and it served me well for the time i had it and it still runs good to this day.

I must be the %1 I bought my first J to fix it up rather then getting a civic, and owning a DSM and having a Computer failure and later Crankwalk. I purchased my sedan J-Body which I sold only because of my first born it was time to get a "family car".

I got a Ford Expedition that acted, drove, and performed like the oversize SUV Sloth's you seen on TV. I then was contacted by Bagged95Cavy about purchasing his car because he was leaving the scene for a streetbike and jumped all over it. I later got rid of the SUV Sloth, for a Dodge Magnum (DD and Work Car). Later purchasing a Lincoln Mark LT for my "Weekend Car".

All in all I have loved both J-Bodies, and no matter what I will always have this J-Body. I doubt my son or daughter will want this car once he/she grows up but o'well it will sit in the garage until I am old and decrepid. I plan on being here until the day I log on and get the Error 404. Which I hope never happens.

So we all don't buy them because the are a cheap econobox. Hopefully many of you members will be here with me for awile. How many more of you are in this 1%?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, April 13, 2009 6:24 PM

FOR SALE
Monday, April 13, 2009 6:32 PM
BaggedOn20s wrote:
AWD GS wrote:
The Black Pearl wrote:
david keevil wrote:

Clap,Clap, clap!!

Dave

I must be the %1 I bought my first J to fix it up rather then getting a civic, and owning a DSM and having a Computer failure and later Crankwalk. I purchased my sedan J-Body which I sold only because of my first born it was time to get a "family car".

I got a Ford Expedition that acted, drove, and performed like the oversize SUV Sloth's you seen on TV. I then was contacted by Bagged95Cavy about purchasing his car because he was leaving the scene for a streetbike and jumped all over it. I later got rid of the SUV Sloth, for a Dodge Magnum (DD and Work Car). Later purchasing a Lincoln Mark LT for my "Weekend Car".

All in all I have loved both J-Bodies, and no matter what I will always have this J-Body. I doubt my son or daughter will want this car once he/she grows up but o'well it will sit in the garage until I am old and decrepid. I plan on being here until the day I log on and get the Error 404. Which I hope never happens.

So we all don't buy them because the are a cheap econobox. Hopefully many of you members will be here with me for awile. How many more of you are in this 1%?

I too dont ever see myself getting rid of my cav. I bought it on a whim and honestly started falling for it slowly...just happened that way I guess.

If you dont have love or respect for your own car I dont see how you can be interested in a hobby like this.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Monday, April 13, 2009 10:14 PM
i bought all 3 of mine because they were cheap, i would've way rather had different cars to @!#$ around with. i'm sure thats the way most of the people on here got into j's, and i'm damn sure thats why almost everyone else bought their j's, including non-enthusiasts.

now i'm @!#$in sick of these cars and ready for something new.

Check out my build thread!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:19 AM
RuggedZ wrote:i bought all 3 of mine because they were cheap, i would've way rather had different cars to @!#$ around with. i'm sure thats the way most of the people on here got into j's, and i'm damn sure thats why almost everyone else bought their j's, including non-enthusiasts.

now i'm @!#$in sick of these cars and ready for something new.

Exactly my point. People mainly buy them because they are cheap cars. Trust me, a cavalier isn't everyones dream car, it what they could afford at the time and there's nothing wrong with that. I loved my cavalier for what it was and it servede greatly and helped me further my knowledge on cars in general.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:21 AM
The Black Pearl wrote:

Ouch !!

Retarded is so yesterday and politically incorrect, Mentally Challenged would be the proper term to use.

I would quickly take issue with your percentages of why people purchased a J car. I would bet that if you did a proper scientific survey of current and past owners you'd find that the overwhelming majority purchased based on price and perceived value for that price.

I also never said I didn't like my car, I also stated that I'll most likely keep if for a mighty long time.
I have in interest in my car and those who drive similar cars which is why I'm here on JBO.

Glad that you LOVE your car so much but don't go assuming that we all have that same level of passion for a car, most of us have active productive lives to occupy our time and cars are simply a means to that end.

I am indeed sorry about the "stupid" comment, I didn't support that portion of what was said but the rest was spot on which is why I quoted it.
You may be right, the problem with JBO could very well NOT be the cars.

Dave
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 5:55 AM
lol @ people who get mad because they can't convince everyone else to love J's.

The Black Pearl wrote wrote:you both are f*cking retarded. who are you 2 @!#$s to say that nobody buys j's 'cause they love them? I sure as f*ck did.. 99% of the j-body owners I know bought them 'cause they loved them too.. just cause you guys got yours cause they were cheap doesnt mean everyone did, nor should you be making that kinda call either. saying its stupid that someone buys a j 'cause they love it is a stupid comment in itself, especially saying it on a j-body enthusiast website.

your entire comment is contradictory. You chastising someone and telling them they shouldn't be making a comment because they don't feel the same way you do...all while you fire back with a comment opposing their view.

why don't people get over the fact that not everyone is "in love" with a j-body, and not everyone cares to say they're "gonna own a J forever".

Seriously, this post goes on at least once a month.....the topic sucked years ago, and it sucks worse now. grow a backbone already you bunch of pussies.

"You cannot make a poor man wealthy by making a wealthy man poor"
"The inmates are running the Asylum"
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:32 AM
not to mention if you took every single owner on this site which is what, 10-20 thousand owners and every single one of them bought the car because it was the one they wanted and are in love with it, it still wouldnt even hit 10% of the total cars sold.

nothing against the j-body but i'd love a corvetter or bently or tons of cars that i would own if i had that type of money over the cavalier.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 9:35 AM
i bought mine because it was cheap. insurance was cheap. and the gas mileage was good! while owning the car; i got bored with it. so i modified it. to make me like it more. and NOW that i've done that. i love it!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 9:51 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:Not even Jesus could make a 1986 Cavalier rise from the dead.

GTFO.

BAHAHA!!!!!

I love your new sig joe, has he been e-mailing you?

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 1:33 PM
I bought mine because it was cheap and it was one of three sticks on the lot. And I wasn't about to own a Saturn SL1 or a base model Sentra...

==============================================================

Yes, noob, the search button is for you...

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 10:17 PM
you ppl must've misunderstood me; I'm not mad that none of you feel for your cars the way I feel about mine. I couldnt care any less if you hate your car.. I just hate it when ppl say that me (or the 1% like BaggedOn20s) are stupid for loving our cars the way we do. if you dont like your j or even have any respect for it, then get the f*ck off the site already

I bought my first Cavalier 'cause I beat the sh*t out of it for 3 months since it just sat in my friend's carport collecting dust.. when my Nova broke down, I bought it for a daily driver 'cause I knew how durable and reliable it was.. being cheap was just a bonus, 'cause ,y friend's dad actually sold it to me for less than what I offered him for it (I got it for $300). then I started to notice the Z24 models rollin around and how bad-ass I thought they looked. for me, I never looked at them as a cheap POS that I could toss away later. and after almost 9 yrs of being on the site and going to countless meets and shows, the majority got them 'cause they wanted one. honestly, I never noticed all the haters til recently..

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Wednesday, April 15, 2009 3:50 AM
The Black Pearl wrote:you ppl must've misunderstood me; I'm not mad that none of you feel for your cars the way I feel about mine. I couldnt care any less if you hate your car.. I just hate it when ppl say that me (or the 1% like BaggedOn20s) are stupid for loving our cars the way we do. if you dont like your j or even have any respect for it, then get the f*ck off the site already

I bought my first Cavalier 'cause I beat the sh*t out of it for 3 months since it just sat in my friend's carport collecting dust.. when my Nova broke down, I bought it for a daily driver 'cause I knew how durable and reliable it was.. being cheap was just a bonus, 'cause ,y friend's dad actually sold it to me for less than what I offered him for it (I got it for $300). then I started to notice the Z24 models rollin around and how bad-ass I thought they looked. for me, I never looked at them as a cheap POS that I could toss away later. and after almost 9 yrs of being on the site and going to countless meets and shows, the majority got them 'cause they wanted one. honestly, I never noticed all the haters til recently..

Not to continue on here, but you've confused Loving the J body and purchasing one due to burning desire for one and purchasing because it's cheap as Hating the J body. I in no way hate my J. I also don't LOVE my J. It is a fine car and does what I want it to do most of the time.
I'm glad you have found a car you are enamored of, most of us simply drive a car to get somewhere that we aren't yet.

Even my Miata, while a fine and fun car was a cheap choice for me. I didn't seek a Miata, I stumbled upon a used cheap one that the PO no longer loved in any fashion and I gave it a second life. Fixing up cars in general that I get cheap is a hobby for me, not fixing up a particular brand and model car.
That being said I am one of those people that have a deep seated passion about old VW bugs and have since the late 60's.

Enjoy your car in your manner, let us enjoy ours in our manner and let's live peacefully in the same community. No one has to leave JBO because of an over abundance of or lack of "love" for the car.

Dave
Wednesday, April 15, 2009 5:51 AM
Once again, who gives a damn what you think, and why do you give a damn what others think.

seriously, let it go already.

"You cannot make a poor man wealthy by making a wealthy man poor"
"The inmates are running the Asylum"
Wednesday, April 15, 2009 7:36 AM
J03Y wrote:Once again, who gives a damn what you think, and why do you give a damn what others think.

seriously, let it go already.

STFU & GTFO hater!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search