NEW - Pre-Built/Assembled 4t40e to hold 550+HP & 500+TQ!!! - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NEW - Pre-Built/Assembled 4t40e to hold 550+HP & 500+TQ!!!
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 2:20 PM
Well... the title says it all...

I was searching around the transmission forum when i ran into a post made by a user twistedmotorsports referring to a built 4t40e he had, long story short, i email him and he says that he will be releasing this automatic transmissions as a product for sale by his company!

From the conversations I have had with him this is what I have figured out...

Quote:

All of the tranny work was done by myself with the help of a few friends that run a local Heavy Duty Transmission Shop. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't have been able to dyno this on the transmission dyno, or wouldn't have had the tools to modify and make alot of the parts used. So far we've hit 550HP and 500ft.lbs torque on the trans dyno without blowing anything up under a 1hr load test. We dismantled the transmission after the test and found very little wear and nothing out of the ordinary. Because of this we know this transmission can most likely handle more, however I'm not going to be the one to try it as We're very impressed with these numbers already!

Quote:

Another surprise to us was how efficient this transmission is now! Losses through the transmission are right around the 50% more efficient mark over stock!

Quote:

However to get to this point I have completely destroyed 2 4T40E's one so bad that we blew the case apart due to a clutch pack breaking, thank
god we were only just starting! We now have 10,000km's on this transmission and again pulled it apart for a closer look and everything looks like the
day it was put together! I will be offering these transmissions to the public sometime in the next month or so.

Quote:

There was ALOT of modification to this transmission, its actually a 4t40e/4t45e hybrid with a few 4t60e parts mixed in and a bunch of custom made to fit parts. It has upgraded clutch packs that are lighter and stronger, as well as an upgraded pump, new force current motors that are quite abit stronger, a new updated TCC lockup system, A new larger line pressure solenoid and much more! The whole transmission is now rollerized
and the output shafts are all cryotreated. It comes with a 3200rpm Stall converter as well.

Quote:

I will be selling SOME of the parts separately.

after all that i mentioned i did not see any differential upgrade i.e. TEAM GREEN!! His response....

Quote:

I have actually been intouch with Team Green about their LSD's. Different gear ratio's are also availible (from 3.05's right up to 4.11's). This transmission is availible for the LD9, Ecotec, and 2.2/2200, 3.1, 3X00's.

Quote:

The only thing you have to do with this transmission is put it in and fill it with oil (we supply a case of oil with each transmission, its Mobil 1 full synth ATF)

After that i contacted Brian W. (SpeedRacerZ) about twistedmotorsports and he verified that there were currently talked about incorportating his LSD in the Transmission hopefully those guys work something out to take the hassle of installing the lsd ourselves or by a local "pro" out of our hands

thats all I have for now... i will update you guys as i get more info!!! I kno ima be getting this tranmission for sure!! TEAM GREEN LSD being included is just wonderful lol

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|

Re: NEW - Pre-Built/Assembled 4t40e to hold 550+HP & 500+TQ!!!
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 3:19 PM
How much and will you ship to Canada?

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 3:51 PM
well im not the one selling them... im not sure on any prices yet, a lot of things are still up in the air i think, maybe he will chime in and clarify for sure...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 02, 2007 3:51 PM

|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 3:33 AM
Quote:

I have actually been intouch with Team Green about their LSD's. Different gear ratio's are also availible (from 3.05's right up to 4.11's). This transmission is availible for the LD9, Ecotec, and 2.2/2200, 3.1, 3X00's.

This makes me SMILE!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 5:23 AM
me too

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 6:07 AM
Well now, this is good news, considering I was gonna drop my tranny for the TG insert.. Soo a month from now they will probably sell these!!! Hmmm

Acer, what price range do you think he will be offering the whole tranny + TG insert? Whats your guess?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 6:16 AM
he mentioned some prices but nothing sounds concrete so im weary to say anything i dont wanna give false info

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 6:24 AM
Cool, understandable.. but are you happy what he told you at least? lol

306 TQ
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 6:29 AM
yes! I will be definitely getting one

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 6:42 AM
sh!t... i'll bet at least $1500 EASY. and thats with a frickn core, not to mention probly $300 or better shipping both ways.

be aware that u WILL need to throw down some major money for a GEM like this.

i would def. want this... however i hope they make them for a few years to come.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 6:48 AM
I think of it like this, I was gonna have a shop install the TG insert for me.. Thats 250 to drop and install the tranny, another 100 bucks and hour to install the insert.. Thats 200.00 plus the 500 install.. Thats about 700 bucks anyway worth of work..

So I would rather pay a bit more for me to get a WHOLE new tranny and do the install myself.. I just dont know how to take apart my 4t40e hehe.

306 TQ

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 6:51 AM
more then 1500

I linked him to this thread, im sure he will chime in

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 8:20 AM
listening to this as this one of the big mods for me this year

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 8:22 AM
the more that are interested the cheaper it will be for us... he mentioned the possibility of a GP at the end of this month...

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 8:29 AM
but how will it do for just daily driving on a s/c car not going to the max or just around the 350hp mark. im just wondering about this since im doing a gmpp ecotec s/c and will be building the motor, will the tranny work for my daily driving needs in the summer??

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 10:10 AM
yea if you dont floor it then your tranny should last as long as it would without the charger... every time you run the car hard with upgraded performance parts that didnt come stock you run the risk of breaking something

this tranny would make sure its not the tranny that breaks...

the only difference that would affect driveability is the higher stall, and there are plenty of daily driven cars out there with high stalls in their auto so it cant be to negative of a difference... i have heard its only that it takes higher rpms to get the car to actually move... and other small things i think

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 10:54 AM
Deff need some price

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 11:18 AM
^^ I agree.

306 TQ
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 11:22 AM
alright, good........

we need some prices here

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 11:27 AM
If I only had some DAMN pulleys to sell.......I want a new trans!......and motor.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 11:43 AM
ok ok . . . here is exactly what he said, but i dont expect it to be concrete at all... further talks involving LSD, further R&D, discounts and core charges and other stuff made me feel as if things were still up in the air about a exact price.... but this is the only numbers he threw my way...

Quote:

I will be offering these transmissions to the public sometime in the next month or so for a going rate of around $2550 USD plus shipping and a $200 core charge. However I will be offering discounts to the people on Quad4forums and Jbody.org for a limited time (unsure of the discount amount yet, I was thinking maybe free shipping but that will be worked out when the time comes)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, January 03, 2007 11:48 AM

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 11:50 AM
WHoaaaaaaaaaaaa lol sorry, count me out.. Not saying thats a rediculous price but I just spent about that much on my turbo setup!! I'll take my chances on my TG insert and 3800 high stall convert with an otherwise stock tranny.
Thanks for looking into this for us though Acer.. Much appriciated.

306 TQ
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 11:53 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:WHoaaaaaaaaaaaa lol sorry, count me out.. Not saying thats a rediculous price but I just spent about that much on my turbo setup!! I'll take my chances on my TG insert and 3800 high stall convert with an otherwise stock tranny.
Thanks for looking into this for us though Acer.. Much appriciated.

lol, chomp! its a good price for the work it has done to it and the time and effort and r&d that has gone into it...

I was quoted 2800+ from another company not counting shipping both ways, a higher stall, or LSD, and like 2 weeks min down time...

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 11:59 AM
^^Lol I understand, don't get me wrong I know performance cost money and all that but I just don't and wont have that extra money after this turbo setup I got goin on unfortunately

306 TQ
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 11:59 AM
maybe he will bring the price down a little, but you also said acer that he will be selling parts individually right?? so we could always by this and that and build a spare tranny ourselves

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search