a good news.... and some new - Page 4 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: a good news.... and some new
Friday, March 28, 2008 4:51 PM
woot woot for new stuff and cool checkered floor

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Saturday, March 29, 2008 2:07 AM
Awsome buddy, things are really looking promising for this year.
I will REALLY miss those wheels, but Im sure the new ones will look amazing.
Kinda iffy on the spoiler, but Im sure you will make it look really good in the end.
If you run into any snags doing the tranny swap, let me know. I have done a few of them now and have taken pictures along the way.
Keep us posted for sure.

Saturday, March 29, 2008 4:21 PM
I worked on the car today, I tried to take driver side control arm off.. got every bolts loose except a front bolt. Its pain in the @!#$ass! Now Its stripped, I cant do much but drill this @!#$ bolt. @!#$ canadian's winters and SALT! @!#$ rusts on bolts, yes I ve used PB Blaster already more than once.

Makes me want to give it all up.. Im just tired of all of this @!#$ endless of repairing new bull@!#$s!

Saturday, March 29, 2008 4:38 PM
I tried too hard to keep it going... its too much right now. Its no fun doing this anymore.

Is it time for me to move on? I need a real car with lots of reliability and lots of fun to drive without working on it too much and keep trying so much. it just never stops..........

@!#$ GM!!!!! and ME!!

Saturday, March 29, 2008 5:27 PM
Never give up.

Every car will become an issue when you heavily modify it.

Dont tap out.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Saturday, March 29, 2008 5:54 PM
All I can say I will do much better on a next one...

I have dumped about $25 grand or more through my close to 7 years of modding... after all of those new parts I just got and new wheels on the order. Its getting me no where, and it still sits undriveable. I got to invest some more money and invest lots of time working on it!

TIME IS MONEY!

I could have easily dumped a $25 grand on 'all ready' to go and restored 69 Camaro, Id bag it and put on some sweet ass staggered wheels. Beat it hard, no bull@!#$s!

I will sure be happy than ever..

Someone please buy my car! if seriously interested, check my regional forum. I already listed the car for sale.

thanks!

Saturday, March 29, 2008 6:38 PM
no selling...

Go sleep on it before you make any rash decisions...

Any modded car will give you crap... Hell my CTS gives me crap and All I did was throw wheels and an exhaust on it...

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Saturday, March 29, 2008 6:57 PM
I told him I was gonna get all of JBO after him if he didn't change his mind, I think it just may work....

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Saturday, March 29, 2008 7:02 PM
Things like this highly dissapoint me.

Please sleep on it.

Saturday, March 29, 2008 10:08 PM
Andy, all new GM's suck that is why.. its like I have to upgrade almost everything!

Bill, maybe I can change my mind only if guys can give me more than a hand to work on the car, basically my Old man and myself did the work. My dad is not gettin any younger and more parts that I need.

Needs:
- pass side axle for getrag swap (was told isuzu axles wont work on the getrag) - $150
- possibly new clutch and fly wheel- $350
- maybe a new amp - $200 (dont want to leave a useless stereo system there for nothing)
- another set of altezzas tails - $50
- new tires for new wheels - $800
- paint for spoiler - $100
- maybe a higher output alternator? - $175
- 4 new tires for the 17s on my beater - $300 to 400

$2125+

2008 expenses:

$400 on getrag tranny, driver. side axle, cables and B&M short shifter ready installed ( thanks Jeff! for a really good deal)
$340 on MOMO steering wheel
$200 on TTR upper motor mount and tranny mounts
$40 for AC compressor
$20 on spoiler
$1700 on new wheels
$100 on control arms
$
$
$

$2800+

2008 income on selling items:

$1400 on C5s
$150 on other steering wheel
$140 on 95-99 B&M short shifter
$
$

$1690+?

To install and replace:

- getrag tranny swap, cables, shifter assembly, weld a new mount..
- install new control arms
- install custom rear swing arm (when done)
- start and finish the Z spoiler
- do something about the horribly looking back seat
- replace AC compressor
- replace fan blower
- stop battery from draining!!
- redo both door panels.....
- re-polish several pieces
- hook up e-brake
- hook up a honk
- fix the amp or throw it out
-
-
-
-

Time = $

Dislikes:

- my car is not fast.. will never be.

- show scenes.... for what? and I have to pay to enter shows, they profit from our hard work? those trophies is worth $10 or so that collects dusts. - no offense to you guys. but I know its great to meet new people at the same time.

- unreliability = no peace of mind on long trips

- paint imperfections and wear

- expensive trips

I dont want to pay any more money. I realized doing this all on my own out of my pockets with out any sponsorships isnt easy at all.

thanks for listening..

Saturday, March 29, 2008 10:32 PM
Where are you loacted in Ontario? I may be able to help with a couple things

ShowFire

Saturday, March 29, 2008 10:40 PM
around GTA

let me know what u can do to help.. thanks

Saturday, March 29, 2008 10:47 PM
the only other car i will let you buy is a new red ZO6...

Saturday, March 29, 2008 10:57 PM
I wish..

Saturday, March 29, 2008 11:16 PM
to say this saddens me would be an understatement. its easy to give up, I hate to say it, but all cars rust, all cars break....they're made by humans, to err is human. i don't feel our cars have any more problems then any other car. A lot of those costs you're doing, are unnecessary costs. I picked up a brand new isuzu trans for 200 bucks, and never had another issue. As for why do you do shows? I dunno...I never been into them much either Just get it going, enjoy another season with it, and then maybe sell it, but putting it together will net you top dollar

Saturday, March 29, 2008 11:31 PM
i cant stand to sit at a show. i enjoy going out and driving mine, thats the time i enjoy it. thats when other people enjoy it too. your call but im sure you know whats best for you and your car. hell you own 2 of them that both look badarse. sell the kit off the beater, the wheels, put it back to stock. thats money there that REALLY doesnt need to be in it. good luck, but remember, i pushed the hell out of that thing to save it so it better be taken care of.

Sunday, March 30, 2008 10:03 AM
Vincent Morris wrote:the only other car i will let you buy is a new red ZO6...

I actually drove one of those yesterday, a C6....omgggggggg I'm still creaming myself.

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Sunday, March 30, 2008 3:35 PM
i may be able to help ya out with tires. for both the 17s and the new rims your getting. let me know what kind of tires your looking to get and what sizes your looking to go with

My 3400 Swap Page
Sunday, March 30, 2008 5:39 PM
Vincent Morris wrote:good luck, but remember, i pushed the hell out of that thing to save it so it better be taken care of.

^^^ x 2

Stuff For Sale - Classified Ads - Click Here!
Sunday, March 30, 2008 6:02 PM
I want to argue with you, call you an idiot, tell you how beautiful your car is (which I totally mean), but I just can't do it. I just went through almost an identical dilemma in which I may have partially brought on myself but trust me, nobody understood it, and many still don't.

It came down to my happiness, the current investment, and the investment needed this season to be content. The numbers just didn't match up, the car got sold. Sucks? Sure! but in the end it was MY decision.

It wasn't just financial reasoning either, that was the majority granted, but mentally it had became a stress that sickened me. As you hinted, I did nothing but obsess over the imperfections, find things to improve upon...and it became a never ending list that made me realize I was done in the J-scene and needed a new platform. I want something I can accent, not completely build, something that will provide much more happiness and reliability and despite always being a poor investment, at least be more solid of one. Show scene got old quick, I did good, have cheap plastic to show it.....admiration and attention is awesome, but my soul doesn't live off of that.

Hence me picking up a daily in which I knew I wouldn't mod, wanting to become debt free, and hopefully next year pick up a new toy with a lot more long term value both financially and sentimental wise (example, you mentioned a '69 Camaro).

It's your choice bud, we're on the same level right now I feel and I'll tell you....I'm much more content than I thought I would be. Much more. The one thing I did was play everything over in my head and made sure there would be no regrets. Set new goals, make promises for the next step. You do the same and they're be no looking back.

Best of luck.

Sunday, March 30, 2008 7:13 PM
I will send you my A/C compressor free of charge just to see you keep this car.

Send the car to JBOM. We will make it fast.

Its too unfortunate when the feeling of modding is gone for a certain platform. I felt the same way many times but simply took a break and came back at the car when I was ready. It became enjoyable again.

In the end I hope your choice is worth it and you dont ever regret anything. Thats whats important.

Sunday, March 30, 2008 7:22 PM
Shoot me a PM let me know where exactly your located.. I an a bodyman/painter by trade, but can do almost anything mechanical too.
I have a shop at home I work out of all the tools here to either paint install, or do mechanical.
I will help out if I can

ShowFire

Monday, March 31, 2008 2:19 PM
Hey guys, Ive had a lot of thinking. After some guys talking to me about helping out and looks like it wouldnt be a bad idea to continue. I did some math and looks like Im expected to spend close to 2,200 with a cut off budget plan, also I might have to give up on some stuff if I want to go lower than the budget plan. We still need lots of time invested working on it. Also I agree with you Joe completely. thank you bud, its not about the car now. I dont want to live on paycheck by paycheck on the car. I hope after all of this, no more big money draining. I still have some faith about giving it another chance. Thanks for the support, I appreciate it.

Monday, March 31, 2008 2:45 PM
DroptopPaul wrote:to say this saddens me would be an understatement. its easy to give up, I hate to say it, but all cars rust, all cars break....they're made by humans, to err is human. i don't feel our cars have any more problems then any other car.

I'm with Paul on that one. Sometimes I look back at the money I've spent on my car and wonder why the hell I spend so much on a car that's worth little of nothing, but then I look around at my friends who have a lot of trouble with their cars (which most of them paid a lot more for to begin with) and think about how reliable my car has been for me. My car has been a money pit for me, but hardly any of it went for "repairs or fixes". I may never get half the money back that I've put into the car, but I never regret all the unnecessary spending I've done. It's my hobby and I enjoy every bit of it.

Monday, March 31, 2008 5:38 PM
Shew, I thought I was gonna have to drive all the way to Canada

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search