a good news.... and some new - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: a good news.... and some new
Monday, March 31, 2008 6:31 PM
I <3 Phewes

Monday, March 31, 2008 6:59 PM
F-body. I would love to see what you could do with one of them. I know I like mine.
Monday, March 31, 2008 9:02 PM
Darren man... I feel your stress... this "hobby" of ours is crazy, expensive and we are constantly working to keep what we love from breaking down. The same goes for women, but we still luv em !!!!

Hang in there buddy and maybe just pace yourself. If for any reason the car was not up to par this season, take your time and modd it for next seaon. You've done SOOOO much over the years and I still remember meetin ya 4 years ago with the 1st version cayenne cav when u only had the white interior....and pullin up with my stock cayenne cav. We've made it THIS far over the years so I'm glad I'll have another cayenne brother who is gonna stick around.

....just make sure u repeat these words to me when I forget em in a few weeks lol.

Good luck bro and lemme know if I can help at all...

Stais

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 6:07 AM
Phewes wrote:Hey guys, Ive had a lot of thinking. After some guys talking to me about helping out and looks like it wouldnt be a bad idea to continue. I did some math and looks like Im expected to spend close to 2,200 with a cut off budget plan, also I might have to give up on some stuff if I want to go lower than the budget plan. We still need lots of time invested working on it. Also I agree with you Joe completely. thank you bud, its not about the car now. I dont want to live on paycheck by paycheck on the car. I hope after all of this, no more big money draining. I still have some faith about giving it another chance. Thanks for the support, I appreciate it.

Boy does this ever sound familiar….

2 years ago all I wanted was a 350 Z…had it all figured out. The math worked, insurance was good everything was planned and started shopping…Then realized that I also wanted a house….Needless to say 350Z dream was shelved for the house….So l went back to the drawing boards to see if l could fine a way to make myself happy with the Cavi…

Then l moved into the house…. Upgrade this…paint that…and that….oh and that too…before l knew it the car was sitting in the garage ( which l plan on tearing down and building a 4 car garage…woot woot ) and the car sat there doing nothing but nothing…

The widebody is no more….Hopefully the new plan is still a go however financially I can but l don’t know if the person doing the work is still interested or not..
Nevertheless truth be told….. I hear Joe when he said he simply wants a new toy that covers all the bases….and once my J is done, it will still never run like the 350Z…so were do you stop…all l can say for now is there will always be a spot in the new garage for my first…and hopefully l can keep it for a long, long time…just can’t let it go…the day l buy the new toy, I can’t se it coming at the expense of the Cavi..

All it takes is time Darren…time time and more time…there is always next winter….

Stick with it pal..!!!

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 6:23 AM
Shadowfire wrote: Sometimes I look back at the money I've spent on my car and wonder why the hell I spend so much on a car that's worth little of nothing, but then I look around at my friends who have a lot of trouble with their cars (which most of them paid a lot more for to begin with) and think about how reliable my car has been for me. My car has been a money pit for me, but hardly any of it went for "repairs or fixes". I may never get half the money back that I've put into the car, but I never regret all the unnecessary spending I've done. It's my hobby and I enjoy every bit of it.

^^^^^ Me too.

Stuff For Sale - Classified Ads - Click Here!
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 6:58 AM
Im in the same Boat as you Darren, 08 might be the last year of modding this car for me. Good luck on the decision you make, I personally want to see you keep it..

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 8:18 AM
as well!, glad your keeping it, i was looking @ ways to remotely persuade you to keep it!

watch for flying sparks!!!
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 8:37 AM
glad your keeping it, its definatly one car i want to see in person and hope to at the bash. as for modding parts and dumping money into. you gotta enjoy working on the car in itself. im not sure if its your daily driver or not but if its not and its getting frustrated just put the tools down and take a few weeks off from it. sometimes your just not in the mood to work on your car. every car has flaws and will have imperfections. every car will have paint flaws or chips unless its a major expensive trailer queen, just accept it. fact is the majority of people out there wont know about 75% of the cars flaws because they dont usually look it over as closely as we get to do.

as for the show scene, it has its ups and downs. people yell oh i dont want to sit around all day in some parking lot. but some of these people are the same guys that will go to a j-body meet or local meet and stand around in a parking lot bull@!#$ting with other car people for 5 hours. to me its no diffrent. for me the shows are a chance to get out and show off my hard work, to clean the car, spend the day with friends and family outdoors (mostly) and have a good time. another reason for shows is if your car is getting far enough along that your winning at shows. this is your way to look into sponsorship. i dont want to get into details. but id say a good majority of my 08 modifications are due to sponsors helping me out and i'll be putting out very little money this year. you can also look into bigger shows like isca, its more for older cars as a whole but newer cars compete too. and if your an isca member, shows cost $15 bucks, and if your traveling far enough they pay you milage. im in indy. to go do the cincy show it cost me $15 bucks to enter the show and i got a $65 gas check back.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:50 PM
Finally some good news!

New steering wheel installed.. its damn comfortable!! wow, I cant go back to my old one anymore!

engine bay cleaned up..

@!#$ you bad yellow top that keeps on draining! gotta get this bad one replaced somehow! also Im really glad I got extra yellow top to switch to find the problem.

Control arms installed! its @!#$ pain in the ass!!!! sure took me and my dad more than 2 days = 10 hours! on both arms but Im soooo glad its all over NOW!!!

NEW WHEELS WILL BE HERE THIS WEEK! hopefully before friday. So I can have tires mounted and balanced. SO I can put them on this weekend! we will see!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:52 PM
Optimas seem to be getting @!#$tier and @!#$tier, many people I know whom have purchased them recently have had issues, myself included.

Bring on the new wheels! I'm anxious yet slightly scared.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:12 PM
Sweet man. Im glad things are looking better!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:23 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:Optimas seem to be getting @!#$tier and @!#$tier, many people I know whom have purchased them recently have had issues, myself included.

yep, also me included.

Rollin' on question marks since 07.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:25 PM
So is it drivable? Is the tranny fixed?

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 8:01 PM
car looks as good as ever man. glad your keeping it. its def been one of my favs since i joined and was the 1st cav i saw that made me want air!!!!!!! keep at it man. i can wait to see the new wheels on the ride!

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 8:14 PM
Wow! I don't know how I missed all of this! I'm sorry to hear about all of your frustrations my friend. I definately understand it though.

I'm glad that you are getting some of the problems resolved. That always makes the car more enjoyable.

I still hope to see you at both Bashs. Take care until then.

Go Go OG Traction!!
Friday, April 25, 2008 1:50 PM
he just happens to be out of posts for the month so im posting this for him. he tells me tires on monday. staggered both wide and tall. he loves the looks of these over the c5's

Friday, April 25, 2008 2:06 PM
Mmm.. I like the wheels.

Friday, April 25, 2008 2:16 PM
Everything looks great, can't wait to see the wheels on the car

Friday, April 25, 2008 2:23 PM
woot new wheels are awesome

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, April 25, 2008 7:06 PM
nice darren verrry nice!

watch for flying sparks!!!
Friday, April 25, 2008 7:19 PM
Are those the Centerlines?

If so, arg..... That was the EXACT same route i was thinking... these spiders are getting old...

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879

Friday, April 25, 2008 7:37 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:I will send you my A/C compressor free of charge just to see you keep this car.

... In the end I hope your choice is worth it and you dont ever regret anything. Thats whats important.

I also have a compressor sitting around. Can't promise it's any good, but I don't need it either. Drop me an email if you need it.

As for Jay's second comment, he's right about being your choice. I sold my car two years ago, didn't even turn around to watch the new owner drive it away. The stress of worrying about it was too much for me. Building it was fun, owning it wasn't. I have zero regrets about spending way more than I got back in return. Zero regrets about selling it. But that's me, my car, my situation. Your's is yours.

Best of luck with fixing your car. I truly hope you enjoy it after it's all good to go. It really is a beautiful car, however I will miss the C5s.

Matt S.
Friday, April 25, 2008 8:02 PM
NIIIIICE!!!! centerline storms in 19's/18's!!! thats sexy as hell. i may just happen to like these better

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, April 25, 2008 8:03 PM

Rollin' on question marks since 07.
Friday, April 25, 2008 8:10 PM
Love those rims!!! All your going to see is BIG BRAKES behind those things haha.. I was thinking about these wheels for drags!!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, April 25, 2008 9:14 PM
lol, damn you! After those pics! you have just made me jealous even tho I am going to have your C5s pretty soon. you have chose great wheels 4 sure. and ofc its been years with same wheels.... you need some changes.

I can't wait to have our cars together and to post some pics of my car. nobody knows who I am and how far I have done on the car.. hehe

one of great wheels 4 sure. Im glad you have chose the right wheels. They looked good on the internet. way greater in ur own pics.. I wont be suprised if they look better in person..

talk to ya soon buddy
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search