a good news.... and some new - Page 7 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: a good news.... and some new
Wednesday, April 30, 2008 5:05 PM
I need some nice daytime pics to make my full judgement. At first I did not like the fronts being 18" at all but now that I look at a few other angles I really do like them. It was time for a change anyways.

I should have some updates of my own this weekend

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 5:20 PM
Just out of curiosity, why didn't you just go all 19's?

I love those rims, and they look great on your car, just not a fan of staggered heights on rims.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 6:00 PM
Hey Guys

I understand how u feel about why Darren choose 18 n 19 because he want same style as Corvette and i know he will pick 19 n 20 but there is no size in this wheels and i'm happy he choose the right wheels, also i think in all 19 don t make Darren car sit an lower then bein 18 on the front. It's PERFECT DARREN!

PHATLIER
Sunday, May 04, 2008 2:45 PM
Thanks guys, I know those pics arent best of my car yet.. just wait! for day time pics!

For some reasons, Im starting to feel uneasy about showing my car off on here.. lots of guys on here have popped me with lots of questions about the wheels.

Its hard to be original after the C5s.. oh well! I guess I have to deal with it! and you guys PLEASE be creative!! Also Jeff's right, Ive always loved staggered wheels on those old school muscle cars and new vettes. Also my vision tells me that I need them to finish off the even drop on air ride. So they sure did complete the look I was looking for..

Thank you all again!

Aaron, cant wait to see yours bagged!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, May 04, 2008 2:53 PM

Sunday, May 04, 2008 3:26 PM
If someone jocks this wheel setup I'll be here to flame them to the end of time!

Hard to be original, congrats on doing just such, I looked at doing a set of wheels with "mass lip" which provides a staggered look for FWD before selling the '97.

I like it. I love it. I want some more of it.

Sunday, May 04, 2008 3:57 PM
Hint Hint

Sunday, May 04, 2008 8:40 PM
^^ love it! looks like the rears isnt done yet! get it done already!

Sunday, May 04, 2008 8:41 PM
I should be finished next weekend, Im holding on some parts

Sunday, May 04, 2008 8:48 PM
I see, but it will be worth the wait!

Friday, May 09, 2008 1:52 PM
Well last night and today after work I got around to fix my driver door panel's crack and molded both pieces together with a urethane welder. Hope it will hold up real well! almost ready for primer then paint in a few hours!

Friday, May 09, 2008 2:48 PM
Cool deal. Are you sticking with white as an interior accent color?

Friday, May 09, 2008 3:53 PM
Yup the white's staying. I love the white. the area is primed right now and there is a few spots to clean up before I can start painting charcoal color around there. Im not touching outside.

Friday, May 09, 2008 5:11 PM
Darren for President!!!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Friday, May 09, 2008 6:30 PM
Darren,

looks good so far. about time I get idea what urethane welder looks like.

great job on the door panel!!

cant wait to see how its like when its done.
Friday, May 09, 2008 7:29 PM
Thanks Jay and Shawn, yeah I got extra tube here waiting for you. its very handy, u can use it on anything!

Finally its all smooth and looking good! its done for now and ready for some paint tomorrow!

and something something... while I was bored during the waiting time on the panel.

Friday, May 09, 2008 8:31 PM
sweet!!!!! I like how its shaved! so clean and hot!

keep up the good work bro!
Saturday, May 10, 2008 3:01 PM
Its done! it took me longer than expected. Well now so I can start on passenger side really soon!

Saturday, May 10, 2008 7:16 PM
About time....geeeez!!!

Sunday, May 11, 2008 5:25 PM
lol Im slow somtimes!

and @!#$ geez.. last night I got pulled over by a cop. while he was at other lane checking out my phewes plate so I knew he was going to pull me over anytime soon. So Im like @!#$ it lets do it.. so I decided to play with my switches and sure did gave him a good show at stop light. lol I love how he reacted, its priceless! so he was asking me questions then later on some personal ones, he sure did learn something. anyway he was a nice young guy.

So today after watching "RedBelt" @ theaters, I was cruising with my buddy's sweet real TRD Celica on the way back home. I saw a cop pulling a U turn at stop lights behind me. I knew it was for me so I wasnt too happy and told my bro in my buddy's car "a @!#$ cop's behind my ass again" so yeah he pulled me over in couple of minutes later. for what reasons?! well I ended up got 2 tickets without any points for no plate on front and fail to hand insurance card. @!#$! the insurance card was in my other pants pockets after the cop who pulled me over last nigth and I forgot to put it back in the car.

well he said he could give me 5 different kind of tickets, which is BS! for no windsheild wipers, no plates, illegal mufflers, fail to hand insurance card, and fail to notify ministry of transportation that my car is NO LONGER GREEN! lol oh my god..

2 times in less 24 @!#$ hours!

last night ..

today...

dont I look happy?

Sunday, May 11, 2008 5:40 PM
that explains why you didnt make it up here then lol

Sunday, May 11, 2008 5:56 PM
That really sucks man. I've been there so I know how it feels.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 8:40 PM
I thought Id make a post of whats going on lately..

A/C clutch pulley puller kit.

New front sway bar tie end rods..

Top - bad
Bottom - good used A/C clutch.. - finally got it done today! gotta put on the belt tomorrow.

ONE @!#$ bad news.... a hole on my pass. rear sleeve bag. @!#$ @!#$ when is it gonna ever stop.. not too happy right now.
I already emailed Jim @ easystreet tonight. So lets see what he can do for me... I dont know how it happened.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 8:44 PM
Easystreet should hook you up...

they are good peeps

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Wednesday, May 21, 2008 8:59 PM
Yeah they re good guys, Ive dealt with them in the past. Jim is the man!

AND

this..... when I took the wheel off and cleaned it up before putting it back on after doing tie end rods. and I found this..... I DONT SEE ANY SIGN OF RUBBING OR ANYTHING! it must be factory defect... I dont know if its ok to drive around like that. Is it still warrantied after tires putted on?? I guess I have to make a call to Centerline. what a @!#$ and waste of time...

Thursday, May 22, 2008 6:57 AM
Dame dude that blows a little. Ill be honest though that is the main reason I went with the cylinders in the rear, as long as you have the right pressure in them they run fine.

IM sure you will get it all up and going soon bro!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search