Y3llowCav's Progress Thread - Page 6 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Y3llowCav's Progress Thread
Sunday, June 09, 2013 10:53 AM
i agree i have had the hawk HPS and they are greatly priced.. i just bought EBC redstuff. to give them a try.. so i will give feed back on these once i install them I love the Hawk HPS.. 3 years and lasted under hard braking..

GOT ECOTEC?

Monday, June 10, 2013 5:11 PM
I look forward to your feedback on the red stuff pads. Need to upgrade and want that sexy red color lol
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:21 AM
EBC finally got back to me today. They're going to give me another set of pads to try. Hopefully this set works better but I'm not holding my breath.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 1:59 PM
you went with the same pads? okay well i installed them and intially wasnt expecting so hard braking power.. they were cold strt braking grabbing hard.. more time to see what they will do after a few miles are put on them.

GOT ECOTEC?
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:32 PM
Unfortunately they only offered another set of the same type. Figure I may as well try it for free. These grab really well cold too but they get hot really fast and then they suck horribly.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:10 AM
Weak update with some fun pics. Still having this problem:

But on a good note, I think I can fix it with this (mmmmmm meth):

Then just a few cool pics that have been taken along the way. Big thanks to Ninja Bling and our friend Cmac for shaving the keyhole from my rear bowtie and painting it black to match the front!

That's it for now. Working on getting this water/meth injection kit installed and tuned so that I can hopefully reduce the fuel pressure and alleviate some of my idle misfiring.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:48 AM
Looks good. I love how stock/clean it is Though, an earlier model deck lid would be even better, hehe.

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 6:06 AM
Mrs Jazer wrote:Looks good. I love how stock/clean it is

Thanks!

Mrs Jazer wrote:Though, an earlier model deck lid would be even better, hehe.

There has already been some discussion If it happens I'll be using an earlier deck and tails with the 03-05 spoiler. Luke's turned out awesome so I'm leaning in that direction.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, July 09, 2013 8:16 AM
I also agree, love the stock look with just a few subtle changes. If it were me Id prob plastidip the center part of the front lip below the grill, and the rear where I did mine to give it a diffuser look. But car is really coming along!

couple quick questions about your meth set up (ive had mine for a long time, just never installed it yet):
1. where are you going to place your nozzle? Im thinking of tapping the tb spacer which puts the nozzle just post tb
2. what nozzle are you going with? mine came with a 3 and a 7, but i think a 5 would have been perfect ($20 if i decide to go that route)
3. are you running a check valve for the line just before the nozzle? im getting mine from devils own, i think they're $30
4. are you going to install any indicators like LEDs (im using red/amber) for low fluid level and pump failure? i picked up some cool led's from Radio Shack that ill mount to my dash somewhere

Ive done some research on the meth set ups but everyone seems to have their own little flavor of doing the set up. i def wanna run it though because as long as you're not spraying all day every day you should be good

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, July 09, 2013 9:09 AM
Thanks Derek. I've considered doing those sections on the front and rear skirts. I'm also considering doing something crazy like plasti dipping the whole car a different color.

As for the meth kit:

1. I went back and forth with this for a while and the decision is to tap the katech adapter right after the tb; same plan as you.

2. The smallest nozzle with the kit is 175 ml/min which converts to ~2.77 gal/hr. Oldskool suggested that I try to stick between 2-3 gal/hr so that a failure in the system won't = complete devastation.

3. I'm not running a check valve there but I am running a solenoid upgrade that goes between the tank and the pump to prevent siphoning.

4. I will be running an LED for the pump but nothing for the tank. I'm pretty meticulous in my upkeep on things like this and with a 2.5 gallon tank I don't foresee any issues.

I plan on running the typical 49% meth 51% water mixture. The pump I have is adjustable as well as the boost switch(obviously). I really can't wait to get this installed and working because my driving IATs the other day when it was hot were in the 130-150 range. I can only imagine what it's like for you down there. Since I can install this kit without the use of major tools I can probably install it here in Mass and then get to PA for tuning at a later date. I may try to run 20% meth and 80% water or something. Then turn the pump as far down as it'll go and set the boost switch to something high like 8 or 9; just for the cooling effects until I can get retuned. But, I still need to research that some more and make sure it’s a viable option first.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, July 15, 2013 8:53 AM
THIS IS WAY OVER MY HEAD BUT MAN IM HAPPY TO BE ON HERE AND LEARNING, THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT, LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING UP RYAN!

Monday, July 15, 2013 9:14 AM
Phillip Wathley wrote:THIS IS WAY OVER MY HEAD BUT MAN IM HAPPY TO BE ON HERE AND LEARNING, THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT, LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING UP RYAN!

That's exactly how I started out. I didn't know anything about these cars until I found this community. Anything you need to know about these cars is here either through the forums or long standing members

On another note, I'll get in touch with Matt and see when the next KGM meet is.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, July 15, 2013 6:24 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:

Definitely a Labor Day weekend BBQ, and I'm gonna work on something beforehand, though not sure if it will happen. I have a busy July, and have yet to do a d@mn thing to my car haha.

Monday, July 15, 2013 6:39 PM
EVILution (KGMs FrankenCav) wrote:
Y3llowCav wrote:

Definitely a Labor Day weekend BBQ, and I'm gonna work on something beforehand, though not sure if it will happen. I have a busy July, and have yet to do a d@mn thing to my car haha.

Likewise man. I look at this meth kit every day and wonder why it's not in my car. Anyway, I've also been thinking September would be good. I'll definitely try to make that one.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, July 21, 2013 5:48 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:
Then just a few cool pics that have been taken along the way. Big thanks to Ninja Bling and our friend Cmac for shaving the keyhole from my rear bowtie and painting it black to match the front!

Welcome Man!

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]
Sunday, August 04, 2013 2:40 PM
More goodies! Addco 1" rear sway bar:

Muscle car stance for install

I haven't done much driving since but the driving that I have done sure feels better with the rear under a little more control.

Also had a coolant bottle painting party with Tim Adams. We used truck bed liner to avoid staining and chipping.

Last but definitely not least, I started mocking up the meth kit parts

I could be a lot happier with this meth kit. I was expecting snow performance to have good quality stuff but I'm really not impressed. As you can see from the pics the reservoir straps aren't even long enough to reach all the way around and hit the mounting surface flush. Also the outlet on the reservoir is lower than the inlet on the pump meaning I'll have to be extra careful keeping it full.

Heading to PA labor day weekend for more tuning to dial in this kit and hopefully resolve these idle misfire issues. I may also dyno it again afterward just to see what water/meth injection actually adds for the price.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, August 04, 2013 3:20 PM
If you want a kick ass tank..look at the ais 3 gal tank.

Its the one im going with.
Sunday, August 04, 2013 3:23 PM
Philly D wrote:If you want a kick ass tank..look at the ais 3 gal tank.

Its the one im going with.

I actually looked at that awhile ago. I love that the pump mounts on/in the tank. I was just worried that my snow pump wouldn't have the same mounting holes. Though, I suspect everyone probably uses the same pump with a different sticker on it.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, August 04, 2013 7:06 PM
looks great! I need to get into gear doing my meth install as well! at least fabing up the mount and everything in the trunk.
what'd you use for the mount for your components, is that a part of a cheap computer desk top or something? haha...I like that its black but it looks kind of heavy. I was thinking of going with some clear plastic piece and mounting it vertically on the passenger side, to the right of the spare tire compartment.

oh and that rear sway bar helped me a lot! def worth the upgrade. now just do the front control arms, poly bushings, and you're set suspension wise!

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Sunday, August 04, 2013 7:18 PM
blu04DD wrote:looks great! I need to get into gear doing my meth install as well! at least fabing up the mount and everything in the trunk.
what'd you use for the mount for your components, is that a part of a cheap computer desk top or something? haha...I like that its black but it looks kind of heavy. I was thinking of going with some clear plastic piece and mounting it vertically on the passenger side, to the right of the spare tire compartment.

oh and that rear sway bar helped me a lot! def worth the upgrade. now just do the front control arms, poly bushings, and you're set suspension wise!

Front bushings are all poly, I love it. Definitely feels more under control with the rear bar, especially when coming off a turn. Instead of being stuck leaning over or feeling sloppy after a turn it now snaps back to level really well.

It's a piece of wood I picked up at lowes, 3'x1'x.75". I chose pine over plywood or mdf. Believe it or not it's super light being pine, like maybe 5 pounds or so. I just wanted something to screw all this stuff to so I don't swiss cheese the trunk deck. There should be just enough left over room for my battery box

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, August 31, 2013 9:13 AM
Y3llow cav is that stock exhaust on that beast i saw underneath? If so i would deffanitly be changing that car is like a big air pump gotta be able to breath in and exhale out deffanitly some power hidden there for sure i just saw rustyish looking pipe and a big 55 gallon drum muffler and was loike whoa haha nice car tho i been fallowing your threads on it for a min or two i deff need a jbo sticker

I Love My J ♡

Sunday, September 01, 2013 4:41 PM
^ says pacesetter header and 2.5 in exhaust in profile

Any updates?...getting tuned this weekend for the meth addiction?

Sunday, September 01, 2013 8:50 PM
Luke C wrote:^ says pacesetter header and 2.5 in exhaust in profile

Any updates?...getting tuned this weekend for the meth addiction?

Thank you good sir. The pipes are old but it's a pacesetter header with a Magnaflow high flow cat, long @ss resonator, and no name glasspack all plumbed with 2.5" custom pipes.

She is officially addicted to meth. I have to be honest and say I was expecting more than what I got out of it but I'll explain all that later when I'm able to upload pics.

Still have concerns about inspection too :/

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, September 02, 2013 6:53 AM
Well @!#$ i shoulda went to your page and read first my bad haha

I Love My J ♡
Monday, September 02, 2013 7:39 PM
So jelous.... Lol =]

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search