Cavis in Las Vegas???? - Page 12 - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cavis in Las Vegas????
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 7:58 PM
Hey everyone....it's good to see some new people around here...oh, and by the way "BOI" is such an angry, teenage girl's word.

Anyway...now that I got that off of my chest....what up guys?

CavalierX - for the headers, I'm just gonna have a guy put them on my car along with the exhaust when I go back to Texas after I get back from Iraq. Hopefully he'll cut me a deal....return customer.

Brett - keep an eye on your nephew....it's good to hear that you are still with the J-body

Brian - What are you talking about "the heat"? Nathan got it right...it's well over 105 here every day. No, no CF hood yet...it would be nice though. Hopefully I'll have enough money to actually get my car painted...ya know? Kickazz about you getting to hang out with the Stones!!!

Nathan - Hey man, yeah...needless to say, it's a little warm over here. What were you doing over here? You military or contractor? Yeah....a few more weeks and I'll be at my halfway mark. Time is flying by.

Brandon - it sucks about your paint, but you should definitely stop by Vegas and visit sometime (when I'm back of course).

Well, I guess that's all for now...y'all keep working on y'all's cars, and I'll look forward to seeing y'all when I get back....oh, and if we get a meet together for after I get back....it'll be best to have it towards the end of November or early December. Y'all will get to meet my new wife, I'll bring her with me. I think a cookout would be the best bet. If anyone has any other suggestions, let's hear it. Well, I'd better get back to work. I'll post again sometime soon.

Oh and one more thing...who is interested in starting a car club?? I'm in talks with a car club owner from the east coast, and told her that if there was enough interest, we would like to start up a chapter of her club out in Vegas. What do you guys think of SJLV (Simply J's of Las Vegas or just Simply J - Las Vegas)? Something like that. Let me know what y'all think, and I'll let her know. Well, I'm out....Late!!

Click on my sig to check out my CarDomain site. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 11, 2005 8:22 AM
yea i know just lettin off some steam,but that car club you were talking about it sounds like a really good idea if your lookin for members count me in and let me know
Thursday, August 11, 2005 1:12 PM
YES!!!!! i hella want to start up a club. tell her that we have enuf interest out here..my nephew will join and all of us on here will join!!
Thursday, August 11, 2005 1:13 PM
IM down...

Thursday, August 11, 2005 11:32 PM
Everyone in Vegas that is interested in starting SJ-LV (Simply J - Las Vegas) click here ---> SimplyJ.org

Monday, August 15, 2005 1:24 AM
ok guys. mayhem is friday i managed to get off of work at 5 in the afternoon that day so i will definatly be running. anybody down with meeting up somewhere before then and cruising out together??? i will be there for sure so just let me know.
Monday, August 15, 2005 8:11 AM
dude im there justlet me know were you want to meet at
Monday, August 15, 2005 8:57 AM
Ill be there...

Monday, August 15, 2005 11:05 AM
ok now we just gotta have a place to meet....lets figure out somewhere close to the track so its convenient for all of us....
Monday, August 15, 2005 11:44 AM
Hey guys and gals, Im RC. Im President and founder of Simply J. I didn't get a chance to post up sooner, but we'd love to start a chapter out your way! We already have a few signed up. We are still working out our page, but we always have our forum up! If you have any questions feel free to contact me! Simply J

Monday, August 15, 2005 1:43 PM
yea we really want to start a chapter out here to get more j's knowm and also have an actual club not just a little team like everyone else in vegas. let us know when we can get this going RC. its good to see that u want to have a chapter on the west. as for this friday we need to think of a place to meet for mayhem. let me know cause i will be there for sure.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 1:27 AM
you guys definitely need to get something going... at least on par w/ the Evo and Subaru guys who always get together... maybe someday as big as LVFbody... w00t...

too bad i can't join.

-Trailblazer SS - not so custom 6.0L - custom intake - custom tune
- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 1:49 PM
you can still join, you will just be the first non-J in SJ-LV.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 11:52 PM
I'm in!!!!!!! Sorry havent posted in a while my line of work has been really busy lately. Hey Anthony. I could use some help with that SAFC-2 install, if you have the time. The next week is pretty tight cause I got family coming to town but after that maybe we can hook up to do the hook up? let me know Thanks hey 9.8 quarter @ 132 lol Later Brian........Hey With what I got I'm thinking low to mid 12's. sound right? You know I'll be turning up da boost!!!!!!!
Thursday, August 18, 2005 1:21 PM
hey guys....track night is tomorrow. anyone know of a place to meet at yet? i will be getting off of work at 5:30 and coming home to shower and stuff...i plan on leaving at about 8:30 to get to the track by nine so i can get a good place in line to race. let me know!
Thursday, August 18, 2005 10:17 PM
Brian Irwin wrote:I'm in!!!!!!! Sorry havent posted in a while my line of work has been really busy lately. Hey Anthony. I could use some help with that SAFC-2 install, if you have the time. The next week is pretty tight cause I got family coming to town but after that maybe we can hook up to do the hook up? let me know Thanks hey 9.8 quarter @ 132 lol Later Brian........Hey With what I got I'm thinking low to mid 12's. sound right? You know I'll be turning up da boost!!!!!!!

Just let me know when and ill tell you if im available.

Thursday, August 18, 2005 11:19 PM
ill be in vegas from sep 1st till the 4rth ? anyone gettin rid of some parts ?

Saturday, August 20, 2005 10:29 AM
so i went to the track last night and let me tell you guys it was horrible. the track conditions were crappy there was no water in the box to heat em up and i and a couple other guys out there could not get any traction whatsoever. all i did was hop through 1st and second. it was horrible. i should be in the 15's and i was running 16.6. so i talked to a friend of mine and he said that the thursday night street wars are the same feel but you dont have as many people out there. so i'm gonna try that and see what happens.
Saturday, August 20, 2005 12:31 PM
azncav wrote:ill be in vegas from sep 1st till the 4rth ? anyone gettin rid of some parts ?

hey i'm gonna be there Sep. 2nd-4th for a wedding.

Saturday, August 20, 2005 6:03 PM
BRETT BASHAM wrote:so i went to the track last night and let me tell you guys it was horrible. the track conditions were crappy there was no water in the box to heat em up and i and a couple other guys out there could not get any traction whatsoever. all i did was hop through 1st and second. it was horrible. i should be in the 15's and i was running 16.6. so i talked to a friend of mine and he said that the thursday night street wars are the same feel but you dont have as many people out there. so i'm gonna try that and see what happens.

I thought the track was prepped pretty good myself. They had it sprayed and everything. With cars out there that ran 8.6 it HAD to be prepped. So im not sure what you are talking about except for the water but burns out dont help much unless you have the tires for it to matter. If you have enough power to run radials, you shouldnt need water anyway... do it on the slick cement. I ran 16.5 last night so, stock 03 Cavalier, thats .5 better than my other 3 outtings. I think the track was pretty well prepped.

What did those cobalts run? Anybody check em out?

Also, I hope you have something done to ur car for it to run 15s out here in vegas. This is no New Orleans, you gotta remember LVMS is 2100Ft about sea level. You are not doing to run the times that other people have been posting...

Saturday, August 20, 2005 11:50 PM
i dunno it just seemed like the conditions were bad cause i was spinning a lot. and i wasnt revving high i was only at 3 grand. no i dont have anything done to my car just a k&n drop in filter and lowering springs. but yea im just saying my car is rated at 15's...but i should have ran better then a 16.6. oh well it dont matter there will be other track days

Sunday, August 21, 2005 2:35 PM
Hey everybody...I'm still alive!! Well, the government finally caught up with me and blocked the SJ forum site (I knew they would eventually). I'm sure they'll block this one eventually too. If I can't find a way to get back to the SJ site, then I probably won't be back on it until I'm back. Just thought I'd let y'all know. Can't wait to come back home! I've got a lot of things happening all at once.....I'm getting married in Nov, I've got some new mods for my car, I'm getting married in Nov, and I'm starting up a new car club (SJ-LV). Y'all keep in touch! My email out here is Isidoro.Mata@blab.centaf.af.mil

Hey Brett - it sucks to hear that you didn't run very well, but like you said....there will definitely be other track days to come. I doubt I'll be able to make it to the Nov 4th one (I'll be getting ready to get on the plane to come back), but I'll definitely try to make it to the Dec 2nd one. See ya there!

Well, I guess that's all for now, I'll talk to you guys (and if there are any girls watching this thread) later!

Sunday, September 04, 2005 5:23 PM
Hey, where did everybody go?? I'm still alive, are y'all still alive?

Monday, September 05, 2005 8:58 PM
i just got back from vegas ... im in nor cal ... and i saw some nice cavies out there ... i saw a white cavie coupe kitted up on the strip ... on sat nite ... or mabe even buye palms not sure ... i didnt get to see it to much looked clean ... all i know is it had a kit and a aLUM spoiler anyone have pics ?

i would like to see some pics from the vegas area

Sunday, September 11, 2005 2:05 PM
Sup guys, I just moved to Vegas about a month ago and I just got my '03 Chevy Cav 4dr. Anyone out there that could show me around Vegas and get me in to the street scene? I have heard about that midnight mayhem thing and sounds like fun, also I just wanna meet some people to cruise and chill wit.

BTW I just moved from Cancun, Mexico haha and I am 16 yrs old.

L8r Dudes
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search