Cavis in Las Vegas???? - Page 8 - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cavis in Las Vegas????
Sunday, May 15, 2005 7:42 AM
HeY Turbo, yea I was aware that Haas sut their doors. It sucks cause they were giving me pretty good customer support.

Hey edge I have not seen the black cav you are referring too. I live in Henderson also but have not seen it.
Catch ya all later, I have been flying to get my private pilot license, and I will be soloing today. I'm nervous and excited at the same time should be fun though. Once your airborn what choice do you have????/

Sunday, May 15, 2005 9:32 AM
Hey Brian, good luck with your pilot's license. Just be careful out there. I would like to try and get one myself, but so far the closest I've come to flying a plane is the right seat in the Predator UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle). Oh well....maybe sometime later in my life.

Click on my sig to check out my CarDomain site. Enjoy!
Sunday, May 15, 2005 2:59 PM
I soloed an airplane!!!!!!!!!
Sunday, May 15, 2005 3:41 PM
Hey Brian...I'm not sure that's something you should be saying out loud.....lol.....j/k. Congrats! That's awesome man!

Sunday, May 15, 2005 6:41 PM
It was a j body though!!!! lol
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 11:35 AM
hey everyone, I was just one my way to Nellis and saw 2 cavys. One of them was a maroon color (still had the grey bumpers), clear corner lenses, dual tip exhaust, and what looked like TYC euro taillights, and the other one was blue with a bomex front and rear, not sure what kind of side skirts, clear corner lenses, and it was lowered. Both were third gen around 95-01. I'm not sure exactly what small differences there are between those year models. Any ways...I tried to flag them down, but they wouldn't stop. Both of them were in the north eastern side of town, going south. If anyone else has any luck, direct them this way...it would be pretty sweet to have a couple more folks on here.

Anyways...in other news, I got those side skirts on....I didn't do too bad, but I could have done better. I blame my inexperience on it. They are not completely flush on the side closest to the rear tires and you can see the screws under the door on the driver's side. Oh well....I like it....It doesn't make my car look as bad with only the fenders yellow (the sides are yellow too)....like my roommate said....it makes it look more like a project car in progress. I'll post pics up as soon as I can used someone's computer to load them.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 2:02 AM
TurboStitch-CW i heard that there is a car show on base at Nellis this weekend. My cousin who is stationed there will be at it with his 195-? Austin Healy Sprite mkIII, it is bright red so you can't miss it if you go. Talk to my cousin if you see him about the computer issue cuz he has cable hookup and a nice laptop.
Wednesday, May 18, 2005 6:26 AM
Hey turbo, congrats on gettin those skirts on...not to bad a project huh? My skirts aren't super flush on the rear either. I m sure when I get to the body shop for paint I will have them do some work and maybe fill those small gaps.
Wednesday, May 18, 2005 12:07 PM
hey y'all I just got back to work after two days off....I just got my email, and yes, there is a car show this Saturday. This was emailed to me from one of our Captains:
Quote:

The Base is sponsoring a car show this 21 May 2005 (Saturday) in the old hospital parking lot just north of the Commissary from 1100-1500. Unfortunately the Porsche Club wasn’t invited and yours is unable to get my car in the show. However my friends in the Ferrari, Viper, and Corvette Clubs are coming.

I can't wait....I work that day, but hopefully I can talk to my supervisor into letting me go and snap a few pictures. If I get to go, I'll see if I can find your cuz.

Hey Brian, you weren't kidding when you said to set a couple of days for it...at first I was thinking that I would be able to do them both after work, but after doing the first one....I was tired and just wanted to shower and get to bed. I ended up putting the passenger side one on on Monday before the wind started picking up. It was definately a learning experience. That sounds like a good idea to have the body shop people fill in the gaps when they paint it. I'm going home on the 25th, and hopefully (when I get back), I'll already have the headers and cat back on, and the fenders and side skirts painted. I'm gonna see if I can strike a deal with a couple of guys that I know back home.

Thursday, May 19, 2005 11:50 AM
so who's the fastest out of you guys right now?....

-Trailblazer SS - not so custom 6.0L - custom intake - custom tune
- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Thursday, May 19, 2005 1:14 PM
I think it's me because Brian's car isn't finished yet.

Friday, May 20, 2005 3:12 PM
yea prolly turbo..or edge. hes got a z....
Friday, May 20, 2005 3:14 PM
but anyway guys......anyone going to mm tonight??????
Saturday, May 21, 2005 8:42 AM
Hey guys...here's a pic of the side skirts on my car....I took this pic from my new phone a few days ago.

Saturday, May 21, 2005 8:43 AM
I'll try and take some more pics later and post them up.

Saturday, May 21, 2005 8:54 AM
hey turbo..the sides look good on there. when you gonna get the rest of the kit on??? that will be sweet when its finished!
Saturday, May 21, 2005 9:15 AM
well, I'm going on leave next week....going back to Texas...so that's where my money will be going for a while. I'd say maybe a month or 2. Hopefully I can cut a deal with a guy back home and get my fenders and side skirts painted when I'm home.
Quote:

when you gonna get the rest of the kit on???

I'm planning on the Bomex rear and the Andy's Auto Sport Summit front. I can't wait to get it all on there and painted.

Monday, May 23, 2005 8:37 PM
i definately have a z....and i definately have it for sale if the price is right.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 6:45 AM
Hey Turbo the skirts look good with those fenders. Have a great trip to Texas.
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 10:37 AM
Thanks Brian...I'll keep an eye on the board while I'm gone. Hopefully I'll see y'all when I get back. Later!

Saturday, May 28, 2005 6:36 PM
Add me to the list....

Sunday, May 29, 2005 12:16 AM
I'm going to Vegas tomorrow! Woot! Look for me, CA license plate = RONUS. I'll be in Vegas until Wednesday.

Sunday, May 29, 2005 2:55 PM
Hey cavalirx, what's your AIM (if you have it)? Where around town are you? What kinds of mods have you done to your car (if any). It's good to see that we are still getting new people in here. Laters!

Sunday, May 29, 2005 3:06 PM
TurboStitch-CW wrote:Hey cavalirx, what's your AIM (if you have it)? Where around town are you? What kinds of mods have you done to your car (if any). It's good to see that we are still getting new people in here. Laters!

Ill hit you up on AIM.. my AIM is in my profile..

Monday, May 30, 2005 9:22 AM
Hey welcome cavalierX, Glad to see someone new on here. Hey turbo hows the vacation going? I fired my car on saturday and had some fuel leaks. I called Karo at CarCustoms for some new parts and guidance Later Hey Ronus have fun while in town, dont spend all your money save it for your car lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search