Car Shows - Page 2 - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Car Shows
Monday, March 28, 2005 9:31 PM
Opps I got confused I thought he was talking about the one in Katy. That's the one I'm going to. Sorry about that.

Monday, March 28, 2005 9:48 PM
fine we didnt want ya here anyway........

so are any of yall going to come up here to visit since weve been there a couple times and again in may? yall ought to come for the HIN show here. we go to speedzone that morning and lunch then the show.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 7:37 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!

Yall come to us everytime or no deal.

JK. I would like to get out more. BUt I work 55-65 hours a week. After that Im tired and lazzy. BUt now that I finaly have shocks on the rear of my car I dont mind driving. I do want to come up there.

When is HIN?

I am all that is man

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 7:45 PM
One of these days I'll go out there. It would to nice to go site seeing in Dallas because I've never been there before.
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 9:10 PM
will be here

Friday, April 01, 2005 8:44 AM
this sunday (4-3-05)is the MAIN EVENT: car show/meet

bass pro shop car show(across from grapevine mills)
1-2pm is registration ($10 to enter)
1-5pm is the show
this event is the 1st sunday of the month every month.

would like to make this a monthly meet also. its (more less) in the middle of the dfw area.

SOUNDS like alot of j's are going to TRY to show up. i should be IN the show if i make it in time if not i WILL still be up there. if you cant get there when it starts dont worry should be there till 5. would like to get everyone to roll togther to get some grub and or some pics. danny wasnt able to get the car painted so he prolly wont be IN the show. hope some others try to show to represent the j community, if not its no biggie.

Friday, April 01, 2005 3:38 PM
well this year they added :

***NEW OUTSTANDING CLUB PARTICIPATION TROPHY!!!***

so if we get enough to enter we can get a trophy for the the j community, now that would be tight. show them imports a thing or two..... come on guys this would be soooooo sweet to win. it could be for the "texas j-bodies" or come up w/another name.

Friday, April 01, 2005 9:47 PM
Whats up william nice sig but it looks like someone cant cut grass you missed a spot there buddy
Friday, April 01, 2005 10:49 PM
ha ha had the camera almost on the sidewalk to take that shot

Saturday, April 02, 2005 5:12 AM
THere is a Bass Pro SHop in the DFW area?

THe link i posted was for the one on the west side of Houston.

I am all that is man

Saturday, April 02, 2005 6:22 AM
OK Nevermind. I see that both are having a show. I'll be in Katy

I am all that is man

Saturday, April 02, 2005 2:40 PM
yup both bass pro's

lard azz!!

may 14th is getting closer!!

Saturday, April 02, 2005 4:37 PM
Yellow Rimed One wrote:

lard azz!!

JUst remember that when I holding your head under the cold river water its because of this.

I am all that is man

Saturday, April 02, 2005 4:57 PM

Saturday, April 02, 2005 10:16 PM
i will be sure to take pics of this
Saturday, April 02, 2005 10:44 PM
-ESB- wrote:OK Nevermind. I see that both are having a show. I'll be in Katy

What time you'll be there?
Sunday, April 03, 2005 4:30 PM
I didnt go. Ive been feeling crappy all weekend up untill mid day today. Got a stomach bug. Had to break out from the meet last night to take care of bidnez.

I am all that is man

Sunday, April 03, 2005 8:53 PM
well due to no more sport compact class all i have is either 2000's/open car. i was utterly suprised to place 2nd! i was in open car class w/like 2 neons and a few muscle cars.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:02 PM
That's good to hear, good job. Over here there were only two compact cars, mostly older cars and muscle cars was there. I'm planning on going next week to the one at Hooters in Spring.
Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:35 PM
i hope we can beat cannon folder on his post about their meet and having 12 j's there. may 14th is getting close. we need to blow the total out of the water, hell they were in wisconsion i think and we are in the big cities dfw, houston and s/a, along w/other misc cities.

Monday, April 04, 2005 7:04 AM
Hey, Yellow!

I saw your car out there yeterday; it looked awesome! Congrats on the win! As for participation, for j-bodies it was pretty dismal. Unless I missed somebody, there was your car, a silver '01 Cavy and my son's '87 Z24 Hatch. My son wasn't even going to enter because he hadn't had time to detail his car and didn't bring his show board, but he changed his mind at the last minute. We went into Bass Pro and got sme Quik Detailer and a t-shirt and made the best of it. Needless to say he didn't even place in his division ('80's car), so he was a little disappointed (got beat by a righteous '89 Turbo T/A and an '80's era Zimmer (WTF?!?!?!?))

I got a chance to talk to the guy with the other Cavy briefly, but I lost my mind and didn't bother to introduce myself. Hopefully, we'll get a chance to meet up with some other j-body owners over the next month or so. After that, we'll be moving to the St. Louis area and will be looking to show up there.

(need '87 Z24 hood)

Monday, April 04, 2005 10:34 AM
yup im trying to get more to show. john in the silver cav rolled up there w/me and Ramon was there from the site he doesn't have his j now but goes to shows were i go for support. i meet them this weekend Fri and sat in bulerson. brain the other j from there was going to come but family issues arose. greenfire was planning on making it but didn't get paint in time and work messed w/his schudal. john more-less knew he wouldn't win but its more-less the showing the j community. hes got a good start going. hell half those team mafia guys cars weren't all that! so why not put a few j's who aren't quite up to pace?!?! we have a lot of people that chat but wont meet up.

i don't care if its a stock j, we are a j community of brothers and sisters and should show support if not show our cars. it makes it harder to understand when all these smaller cities have reg meets w/a handful of j's but THE DFW AREA cant do squat. ive been all over Texas for meets and Oklahoma. ive gone to wed night meets(moes) almost every week, a Mon night meet(cost co), 1st started on Sunday night meets(chilis-Addison), Houston/s.a. meets(Oscars&hooters), Oklahoma meet(thunder valley),now 2 burlerson meets(arbys), and a mod day last year at joshs i think mckinny. some of the older timers meet w/the mustang crowd since we cant do anything.i realize not everyone has the time, every time, yet ones always ask when are we going to meet, whens the next meet, lets meet over here, why not weekends, why not during the week, why, why, why, JUST DO IT! id love to get a trophy for largest team participation. team mafia has about 10-12 cars that show and some of there cars aren't all that and some that are awesome. same as here some of you that say i haven't done much you'd be surprised at some of the cars. besides meets are also about just getting together and having fun too. most people i talked to at the show weren't to crazy about the team mafia guys. didn't talk to people to much and stayed among them selves mostly. stare you down as you look at their cars. ITS A DAMN CAR SHOW!

Monday, April 04, 2005 12:03 PM
ok heres a sat evening show for yall!!

its every 3rd sat of the month!!

Chuck's- Lonestar Performance Buick Club
The Lone Star Performance Buick Club and Chuck's All American Food & Fun located at the Southeast corner of Hwy 121 and Preston Rd. in Plano will host a 3rd Saturday Cruise Night 2005 March thru November. The show is sponsored by Chucks and Ewing Auto Group in Plano. The entry fee is $10.00, Show registration starts at 5pm to 7pm. Voting is from 7pm to 745pm. Awards are at 830pm. There will be Dash Plaques to the first 50 entries. Also Door prizes will be given away with the 50/50 pot. The 16 Classes are as follows: LSPBC '79& Older, LSPBC '80& Newer, Muscle Car Pre 80's, Street Rod, Pre 60's Car, 60's Car, 70's Car,80's Car, 90's Car, 00's Car, Sports Car (2 Seater), Import Car, Pre '70's Truck, 70's&80's Truck, 90's & Newer Truck, Custom Truck. Also Best of Show Car & Truck and Manager's Pick. For more Info contact Morgan Farrington @ 972-239-0223 or David Newton @ 214-629-7429.
April 16 2005

in short:
show is 5-9pm reg is 5-7 chuck's is across from stonebriar mall the SE corner behind on the border, chick fila, mcdonalds, etc. you wont see it from the intersection but its in that shopping center.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 1:58 PM
Hot Rods and Hogs in Arlington off 360 just had a car show. It looked very nice. Nothing, but hot rods. I didn't get to see it, because I was going to work. I could see some of it from the highway. I have to see when they have another show.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 9:52 PM
by the way there are other events than just the arlington area! only ones you talk about or sounds like the only ones you'll attend is in arlington!?!?!?!!?!?!??!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search