ECOTEC 2.2L Supercharger finally available - Page 10 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: [B]ECO[/B]TEC 2.2L Supercharger finally availa
Saturday, February 18, 2006 2:01 AM
Jrobz23 wrote:if anyone finally gets a reflash, can you post the info needed by others to do a reflash on their turbo cars? that would be rather nice of ya!

saab setup plus this reflash would be slick..

That is what I am doing.

We checked today and the reflash is not available for my 2002 Ecotec VIN and also My brothers 2003 Ecotec VIN. Both cars only showed the regular reflash.

As soon as the reflash is available I will be doing mine.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up? Definitely optional."

Saturday, February 18, 2006 11:25 AM
Again, this is the same as it was right after the 2.4 supercharger kit was released. Most dealerships back then claimed there was no reflash availble but they there was and they just we're aware of it yet.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 12:28 PM
BTW on brandosons we called techline and they said it wasnt available yet........but they were expetcting it within a month

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Monday, February 20, 2006 3:29 PM
Got my supercharger today, and it did come with the intercooler cores in it, now at least I can use the money I was going to use on the cores, and put it to the intercooler and the pump. does anybody know if I can get the supercharger power coated as it is now, or do I have to take it all apart and then get it coated. I really don't know that much about power coating and any help would be great.

Monday, February 20, 2006 4:07 PM
03supercharged wrote:Got my supercharger today, and it did come with the intercooler cores in it, now at least I can use the money I was going to use on the cores, and put it to the intercooler and the pump. does anybody know if I can get the supercharger power coated as it is now, or do I have to take it all apart and then get it coated. I really don't know that much about power coating and any help would be great.

Congrats on your purchase...I'll be interested to see what you have to say about the gains!

So with the intercooler core included...what is needed to add this to the set up...just hte pump and FM?

Thanks and congrats again!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Monday, February 20, 2006 4:20 PM
03supercharged i wouldnt power coat the s/c , you will keep more heat in the s/c which is something you dont want

if the cores are there , then you need a pump , radiator/heat exchanger , lines and a resivoir

Monday, February 20, 2006 4:28 PM
All that I need now is the pump and the bracket for the pump and the intercooler and some hoses, I don't need a FM because gm has the reflash kit to reflash my computer. Thanks again

Monday, February 20, 2006 4:41 PM
YOU DO NEED A FM....FRONT MOUNT. THE INTERCOOLER/COOLANT LINES DONT RUN OFF ENGINE COOLANT......THEY HAVE THERE OWN SEPERATE SYSTEM.

** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Monday, February 20, 2006 4:48 PM
I allready have a front mount made, my buddy made it for me a long time ago. I know its a separate unit, I was thinking about one this one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Liquid-Heat-Exchanger-for-Intercooler-Turbo-N-R_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQitemZ8039090356QQrdZ1

Monday, February 20, 2006 5:28 PM
Since the term Front Mount or FM usually refers to an intercooler, NO you do not need a Front Mount.

You do, however, need an independent radiator for the system. It can be relatively small compared to the engine's radiator and it is usually mounted in front of the engine radiator and condesor because that is where the largest amount of cool moving air is available.

You will also need hoses, an electric coolant pump, and some sort of reservoir for that will allow air to settle out of the system.

there are plenty of these parts available for Mustang Cobras and F150 Lightnings, so finfing them should be really easy. Cobalt and Ion parts will still be sorta rare to find.

sig not found
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 2:00 PM
I called my GM dealer in PHX, and they told me 3388, that includes the reflash. The guy also told me that the install would take about 2 hours. I am not sure if he is blowing smoke up my ass or what.

Here is my question, if the s/c has the intercooled cores already, how do you hook up an independent coolant system to the s/c? Is there hookups on the s/c that you just hook up hoses to? If you wanted to intercool the s/c would you still need a FM and an electronic pump and stuff like that?

I am not a car genius at all, I just know some basics, so bare with me.

Thanks

"Smoked"

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 2:39 PM
hey bdubs hit up azjbo .org...........its the phx website......i can get a better price that that in phx.....just im me ........snowman on azjbo.org

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 3:23 PM
I don't have any IM but i will hit you up by email and I will check out the web site.

Thanks snowman!

"Smoked"
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:01 PM
well check it out..........become a member..then you can send me a message as a member.....nothing to download

Re: ECOTEC 2.2L Supercharger finally available
Saturday, March 11, 2006 11:18 PM
Just found this website. i know it is more specific to J platform cars, but since my VUE has the same 2.2 Ecotec engine i was wondering if the s/c kit would work as well. I have an 02 VUE manual. Don't know ANYTHING about mods at all. just wanted to bolt on the kit as is and have some increased performance. Currently is stock (143hp). Am I making this way to simplified and can I do what I am asking (buy the kit, bolt it on, enjoy the ride)...or do I have to get other parts, reflash (whatever that is), etc....

Thanks!
Re: ECOTEC 2.2L Supercharger finally available
Sunday, March 12, 2006 1:41 PM
the kit is all inclusive with everything you need to get it running...though, the kit is only availabe for J-cars and there is still a question of what years (meaning it may not be available for an '02)--I'm still listening to these posts to find that out. the 2.4 kit came out for J's first then it was available for N cars so it may be available for other body types down the road but nothing has been confirmed yet

_
2002 LS Sport coupe
Sunday, March 12, 2006 4:43 PM
So reading the last two pges i am confused, does this kit allow and intercooler/aftercooler to be installed and work with it, as i really dont wnat to do alky injection, thansk!
Sunday, March 12, 2006 4:49 PM
ws6+04cav= FTW wrote:So reading the last two pges i am confused, does this kit allow and intercooler/aftercooler to be installed and work with it, as i really dont wnat to do alky injection, thansk!

yes it will work, but you need some parts that are not included in the gm kit. (water pump, heat exhanger, resivoir, and some hose)

Sunday, March 12, 2006 11:37 PM
Well i have found all the parts i need to finish the intercooler but have no clue what kind of coolant bottle to use for the fluid fill. Would say a small one from a street bike be ok?

example...

CLICK ME!!!

Monday, March 13, 2006 12:38 AM
May be better off getting a stainless overflow bottle like the ones that Jegs and Summit sell for hot rods and muscle cars... just a nice shiny stainless steel cylinder to fit right into a corner of the engine bay somewhere and match your valve cover and the other shiny stuff in there. Would probably give more capacity than the bike reservoir would too, and the overall capacity being higher will help overall cooling effect somewhat.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, March 13, 2006 9:05 AM
very very true

Monday, March 13, 2006 9:40 AM
Why not use the OEM one from a Cobalt? Granted a little bit ugly, but effective.....

Monday, March 13, 2006 10:04 AM
im using the stock cobalt piece , err will be once i get finished with the g/fs cav

the stock 1 has a cap and has 5/8" hose for inlet and outlet , granted it doesnt hold alot of coolant

but the heat exchanger does

also you can use 1 from a cobra or lightning , but that will vary with the room you have

Monday, March 13, 2006 10:06 AM
anyone got a part number on the cobalt one?

Monday, March 13, 2006 10:36 AM
i do at home

i dont have the part # for the bracket though , cause the setup ive got came with it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search