ECOTEC 2.2L Supercharger finally available - Page 4 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: [B]ECO[/B]TEC 2.2L Supercharger finally availa
Saturday, February 04, 2006 9:41 AM
Carlos F. wrote:that's kind of expensive....I rather pay $3200 for a brand new complete 2.0 Supercharged crate engine from GM...which is what they cost...

True, But then wouldnt you need to run a seperate fuel computer? Then spend more time and money to make the 2.0 work in a cavalier? Thats more money in itself, So I would think that the chrager alone is still a better deal right?

Or wrong?

Saturday, February 04, 2006 10:28 AM
you can run the 2.0 off the 2.2 computer........just buy the reflash and run it as close to the 2.2 as possible.

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Saturday, February 04, 2006 10:36 AM
Being not only an ecotec owner with an automatic tranny, but also an 02 alero owner, will this reflash work with my car?
Saturday, February 04, 2006 1:09 PM
its too soon to knwo for sure maybe maybe not............im guessing it will only work w/ cavi and sunfires due to experience w/ the 2.4

when the 2.4 came out it was listed for cavi sunfire grandamm and somehting else
so far we only have numbers for the cavi/sunfire

** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Saturday, February 04, 2006 5:39 PM
or... you can just use the Supercharger of the 2.0 engine (like Airtronics did, with some minor mods) and sell the 2.0 ( if you have any luck )

CaviFL45

Saturday, February 04, 2006 8:21 PM
Phlatcav wrote:
Carlos F. wrote:that's kind of expensive....I rather pay $3200 for a brand new complete 2.0 Supercharged crate engine from GM...which is what they cost...

True, But then wouldnt you need to run a seperate fuel computer? Then spend more time and money to make the 2.0 work in a cavalier? Thats more money in itself, So I would think that the chrager alone is still a better deal right?

Or wrong?

Not that I'd know...(that's why I'm asking)...but couldn't you buy the crate motor and pull the charger and get the reflash? That would get you the monifold and stuff that doesn't come with the S/C now and only the reflash would be needed?

Guess it depends on how much the reflash would be if bought separate? Hmmm, not sure?

Just a thought and then you could sell the motor by itself and gain back some money spent on the reflash??

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Saturday, February 04, 2006 10:17 PM
or you could buy the crate motor for the supercharged 2.0 and sell the supercharger for enough to buy a turbo for the 2.0 and haull ass

Sunday, February 05, 2006 12:41 AM
reflash will cost you about 100 bucks..............and you would have no problem selling the 2.0 motor.............i sold my 2.0 block for 600 on ebay and the crank for 450...........and that was just bare block and crank.

the 2.0 also fits in saabs the guys that bought my stuff did it for saabs.....i believe the block went international

Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:26 AM
Based on the two replies then...seems it would be better money wise and performance wise to buy the crate engine and take everything you need for your 2.2 (S/C, etc), sell the block, etc to regain some money, and get what you want!

If the reflash is only $100 or so, the crate engine runs $3400 or so, you are $3500 in...sell off the parts you don't need or want...make back $500 to $1000 and you now have a S/C, intercooled 2.2 that cost about $2500 or so....???

Seems easy enough to me? Thoughts?

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:35 AM
I don't see how anyone can just buy the reflash alone...when the 2.4 kit came out it was only available for the kit...now I haven't been keeping up much but I didn't think this was possible. Even if you put a charger from an LSJ on your 2.2, you still didn't purchase a kit...I thought this was the problem some people ran into with wanting the 2.4 reflash for turbos...am I wrong about this???? If so, I may reconsider waiting for the kit and just get a turbo and buy a reflash...seems too easy though...

_
2002 LS Sport coupe
Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:41 AM
The S/C won't work for us 2002 guys right? I thought you had to have a 03 or up VIN?? Plus the ful rail, injectors, etc?

If it did, then I'd be all over this thing!! I'm pretty sure I'll have to go the turbo route??

Not sure on the reflash part either...just piecing together the info from the other two posts...you may not be able? I think as long as you have a 03 and up VIN though, you can get the reflash. Seems I remember several folks doing that for swaps and older models?

Interesting to say the least as some may be able to get this up and running for around $2000 once you apply the employee discounts and such??

Sunday, February 05, 2006 12:37 PM
Is everyone forgetting one key component for this, the TB adapter? Aitronics made his, it comes in the kit, not on the crate, so add in a couple hundred additional for either the GM one or to have one made.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 2:15 PM
ok dude the t/b adapter isnt that expensive and you can make one if you spend the time

Sunday, February 05, 2006 2:20 PM
I still highly doubt that the kit is out, isn't what this thread is supposed ot be about?

15.71 @ 87.9mph 9-17-05
Sunday, February 05, 2006 3:01 PM
it is out.......i work @ a dealer

Sunday, February 05, 2006 4:47 PM
Its out its just not available yet.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 7:27 PM
Whoops.....real price from a performance mag is $3,812.80.....but I think you can get it cheaper directly from GM

CaviFL45

Sunday, February 05, 2006 7:57 PM
If nobody can go to the dealer and buy one and get it the next week IT IS NOT OUT. Nobody has proof that its out yet and if so show us some evidence not just, "oh someone said you can get it" just because they saw the part number in the computer.

15.71 @ 87.9mph 9-17-05
Sunday, February 05, 2006 8:08 PM
^^ Im with him. People keep saying its out but I was under the impression that all dealerships would be using the same computer system and hence would all basically be able to tell you that the item was available at the same time whether they knew about the specific item or not.

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Sunday, February 05, 2006 8:17 PM
dude we just didnt look " on the computer"

I called the gm warehouse in Lansing and talekd to them there. The kit was released and they only had a limited number of units and they are all sold out already. It shoudl be a week or 2 too get more stock. They expected it to not sale well due to the 2.4 super not being popular when it first came out.

So believe what you want..........im just passing alon my info

and btw the number has been in the computer for a couple months now

Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:38 PM
anyone know if we have to have a 2003 vin number in order to get the reflash? because i was going to start working on the 2003+ fuel rail swap and i dont want to waste my time doing this just to hear i have to get a 2003+ vin number...... also i am so glad my dealer hooks me up with dealer cost EVERYTHING i buy from them i have recieved a dealer cost i love my dealership and knowing people BWHAHHAHHAHAHAHA

Monday, February 06, 2006 6:34 AM
Airtonics wrote:DHG, did the kenne bell go to the stang or are you working out something with the cav?

If there was a way to fit an autorotor twin screw onto the J I would be right there, sadly it's for the stang

Has anyone besides Andy brooks followed your lead Airtonics?

Monday, February 06, 2006 6:49 AM
.JerseyKid. wrote:
gmfreak wrote:Hey DHGBullit,

Why are you wasting your money on a Ford Mustang and the Kenne Bell supercharger.

You should have just bought a LS1 or even an LS2, my heads and cam Z28 with 180 shot NXL kit whip up on 11second mustangs weekendly and the most I ever paid for all my mods was 3 grand and not 6 plus.

NEWSFLASH : NO ONE CARES.

Its his car , his money , his preference , and your opinion on his car means nothing to him. So just get off you petistol and help the thread and stop gloating about your super fast z28.

By chance I actually read this. What Jersey kid posted is what I would have said (thanks), besides this thread is about the GM Supercharger kit, not a mine is better than yours type argument. Theres enough of this crap in versus already.

Monday, February 06, 2006 7:09 AM
I'd love to let you listen to the recording on the phone that says its a ship direct part and the sorce has no stock available but saddly you do not have GM's dealer access codes to the computer phone system. But why not just call around to a few dealers yourself and see what they say. Basicly think of it like this...... Yes its now for sale. No we are currently out of stock on them. Yes more are on the way just hold your horses.
You've waited this long whats a few more weeks ? That and do you actualy have cash in hand for it right now ? If not what are you even worring for in the first place ?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, February 06, 2006 7:21 AM
SLO CAV (the slo one) wrote:anyone know if we have to have a 2003 vin number in order to get the reflash? because i was going to start working on the 2003+ fuel rail swap and i dont want to waste my time doing this just to hear i have to get a 2003+ vin number

anyone?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search