ECOTEC 2.2L Supercharger finally available - Page 8 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: [B]ECO[/B]TEC 2.2L Supercharger finally availa
Saturday, February 11, 2006 11:29 AM
I'm also tempted to do the Redline/SS path but I only have 1 problem, there aren't any wrecked Redline's or SS/SC's near me. Thats one downfall of living in northern Alberta.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 3:00 PM
the regualr kit and the cobalt/redline is the same kit

atleast the major parts

Monday, February 13, 2006 8:30 AM
just came back from my GM dealer.

Canadian price is 5300 CAD $ (about 4600 USD $) for just the kit.... this is a bit much so unless I can find it elsewhere cheaper I think I'll have to find a wrecked ss/redline

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Monday, February 13, 2006 8:37 AM
Please let this thread die.

Unless someone actually got the facking kit in their position.
Monday, February 13, 2006 8:40 AM
^^^ Useless post. There is no reason to let it die if there are still things to say on topic.

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Monday, February 13, 2006 9:07 AM
Yeah, if you call teasing something still to say.
Monday, February 13, 2006 10:38 AM
^^^^ dumb ass wants the post to die , but keeps posting in it so its at the top

Monday, February 13, 2006 12:36 PM
What kinda pictures of the kit do you want? Ill take some.

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Monday, February 13, 2006 1:29 PM
blackfire , were there injectors in that pile of baggies in the pics ?

and have you figured out if everything is there yet ?

Monday, February 13, 2006 1:45 PM
Your very hilarious Eric, I guess it takes big brains to call somebody on the internet a dumbass.
Monday, February 13, 2006 2:24 PM
Yeah everything is there. I went throught the parts list and every last part is accounted for. I ordered or won on ebay rather, my intercooler pump and intercooler. Hopefully I can do the install all at once.

Check out my car....

Monday, February 13, 2006 2:57 PM
Schrams is an amazing company, I have no doubt they included everything you needed.

Monday, February 13, 2006 2:58 PM
gmfreak wrote:Your very hilarious Eric, I guess it takes big brains to call somebody on the internet a dumbass.

well think about it man

you keep posting in a topic you want to die

also i had the sarcastic smileys there

Monday, February 13, 2006 3:53 PM
FOR SALE:

SUPERCHARGER FROM A COBALT SS!!!!!!!!!!!!

LESS THAN 500 MILES. INCLUDES S/C, MANIFOLD, TENSIONER, 3.25" PULLEY(STOCK IS 3.35"), "ECOTEC SUPERCHARGED" FUEL RAIL COVER FROM A REDLINE, INTERCOOLER (SLIGHTLY BENT), FUEL RAIL WITH INJECTORS, SPARK PLUGS, AND A BOX OF RANDOM NUTS N BOLTS.

I WILL ALSO INCLUDE THE GM ECOTEC BUILD BOOK THAT PROVIDES INSTALL INSTRUCTION!!!
1500 OBO!!!!!!!!!!

EMAIL ME FOR PICS OR OFFERS

DAT_PIFF214@YAHOO.COM
Monday, February 13, 2006 4:12 PM
why do any of you want a supercharger??? Turbos are a lot better, they dont take horsepower from the motor to run, they are like half the price, and the biggest thing, they ARE AVAILABLE!!!!!!! you can choose the amount of boost and other stuff, but if you are set on a supercharger, whats wrong with RSM, they have had ecotec superchargers in stage 1 and stage 2 setups for a long time now, and the stage 1 is under 4000????? Just my half ace opinion
Monday, February 13, 2006 4:50 PM
Jared, lets see I'm sure there are more than one reason someone might go that route.

Factory backed warranty (if it comes out before they all expire hehe)
Less maintenance (i've had mine on for over 25k and all I've done is change the oil.
Instant boost/throttle response and decent performance. Not everyone wants to hit 400whp

and RSM's blower is driven off the power power steering pump/intake cam. No thanks.

There are other reasons but those are some of mine. If you piece it together you won't spend anymore on this setup than you would on a turbo.

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Monday, February 13, 2006 4:54 PM
o4Black Fire wrote:Yeah everything is there. I went throught the parts list and every last part is accounted for. I ordered or won on ebay rather, my intercooler pump and intercooler. Hopefully I can do the install all at once.

cool , glad ya got everything

Monday, February 13, 2006 6:28 PM

ATTN: 02 Ecotec Owners

I haven't read through the entire 8 pages, so I don't know if someone already posted this information. If they did, then please forgive me.

As you know the description of the Ecotec Supercharger Kit says that is also fits certain 2002 Cavalier and Sunfire equipped with Delphi fuel injectors.

I did some research and both the dealer and gm performance parts told me to remove an injector and see if what is written on it. If it says Delphi the Kit will work with your car. If it says Bosh, it will not.

I pulled the injectors and found Delphi printed on the green tab, the black
part of the electrical connector at the top of the injector, and on the
gray area of the top of the injector as well. I also saw "Siemens Deka"
and "GM 12569091" printed. I did not see bosh written anywhere.

I contacted GM Performance Parts and they said I do have a Delphi fuel injection assembly, which indeed has Siemens injectors.

So as long as you see Delphi everywhere and as long as there is no Bosh name on them you are fine.

I hope this helps.

Monday, February 13, 2006 10:14 PM
im sure a few minor parts swaps will also take care of that issue for the bosch 02 eco's

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up? Definitely optional."
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 6:16 AM
I don't want a turbo because I don't want my car to be down for a week while I instal it.
I don't want to have to re-do the computer system with a stand alone.
I don't want any of the hassels that the extra 50 hp will give me. 225 or so will be just fine thanks. This kit is made by the people that made the car so I know it will work properly from the start and I won't need to buy some magical ultra expensive kanibler
pin or ceramic coated muffler bearings. This kit is perfect for what I want. But if your offering to bank roll the turbo then.............

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 12:18 PM
blackfire , were there spark plugs with the kit ??

i forgot to ask , and i know no one else asked either

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 8:30 PM
No there were not plugs with the kit. I was actually going to ask about them. The parts list doesnt have any with it. Right now Im fighting with dealerships to do the reflash. Maybe GM could sell a few more kits if they explained the kit to dealers.

Check out my car....
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 9:02 PM
It may not beavailable yet..........the reflash that is. I called techline on monday(the one who destributes vci numbers, and you have to be a dealer to contact them. And the only reflash for a supercharger in there computer is for the 2.4)

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 9:06 PM
Thanx for the update Snowman... Hopefully in the next couple days, since the chargers are reportedly shipping now.

Check out my car....
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 9:58 PM
Was at the dealer doing the 2.4 reflash today and asked the parts guy about the eco charger. This dealer has a gm performance parts warehouse behind it so I ran up there and they said they had it and would sell it for 3k.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search