please someone make a m62 manifold 4 a ld9 - Page 11 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: please someone make a m62 manifold 4 a ld9
Monday, December 29, 2008 4:50 PM
^^Oh snap!!

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R

Monday, December 29, 2008 5:15 PM
**But not for a Gen II blower.....

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Monday, December 29, 2008 5:19 PM
^^^ oh you be quiet. your opinion doesnt count mr 13.7 with and m45 and 500,000 miles on the original oil up hill both ways in the snow with the flu and no coat on.

hahahaha

Are you scared of the changes coming? The answer is on the inside.
Monday, December 29, 2008 5:26 PM
Haha, nice setup! Except like they said thats not the MP62, thats just the M62 without the snout. Im pretty sure that the MP62 would fit onto that manifold tho. Might need the bypass valve moved a little bit.
Monday, December 29, 2008 5:46 PM
besides the obvious differences in the exterior look, what else is there thats different?

and really... making a different plate for the top if the bottom of the mP62 is different then this one wouldnt be a big deal at all and besides you would need to move it in a tad anyways considering this setup uses TWO serp. belts like an L67...

Monday, December 29, 2008 5:57 PM
Also uses a 2.3 TB.

Monday, December 29, 2008 6:40 PM
So when are we gona see that setup being put to use Brad? I remember when I found that on Ebay, I just about @!#$ myself hah!

Monday, December 29, 2008 7:09 PM
LOL well there have been some set-backs to say the least. cody has dedicated himself to getting things right and wants it to work properly. unfortunately that means having a custom dual crank pulley made and either having a similar M45 flat pcv baffle made or shelling out the $400 to buy one brand new from GM. also some interesting un-forseen stuff around the corner im sure.

anybody have a clue as to what the little yellow sensor deal is in the pic? has two electrode prong deals sticking out of it. idk.. i thought it might have something to do with a temperature reading but im not sure.

and clyde... so its a 2.3 tb eh? that was also a mystery as to exactly what it was.. im pretty sure its a 60mm so its been bored then if its really a 2.3...

Monday, December 29, 2008 7:12 PM
That sensor looks alot like the temperature sensor found on expensive multimeters. That was my first thought when I saw it.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Monday, December 29, 2008 7:15 PM
IIRC there are a few more of them spread throughout the intake system as well...

i wonder why a temp reading would be needed though... and why you would want more then one input from different locations is beyond me.

Monday, December 29, 2008 7:17 PM
looks like one of the several 2.3 TB's I have.

The yellow connector is for a temp probe, most likely from when they were testing on a dyno. Not teh first time I have seen it on a GM test vehicle.

Monday, December 29, 2008 7:33 PM
I am really sorry to hear this is slowly dieing and I would be interested in participating but the wife got laid off a few weeks ago. I hope this gets done eventually.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Monday, December 29, 2008 7:38 PM
mitdr774 wrote:looks like one of the several 2.3 TB's I have.

The yellow connector is for a temp probe, most likely from when they were testing on a dyno. Not teh first time I have seen it on a GM test vehicle.

ok so basically they can be taken out and the holes plugged? and what 'vehicle' are you referring to?

Monday, December 29, 2008 7:53 PM
Just regular vehicles that came in for repair, although some seemed far to healthy to be a regulr production.

Monday, December 29, 2008 8:10 PM
z yaaaa wrote:
anybody have a clue as to what the little yellow sensor deal is in the pic? has two electrode prong deals sticking out of it. idk.. i thought it might have something to do with a temperature reading but im not sure.

and clyde... so its a 2.3 tb eh? that was also a mystery as to exactly what it was.. im pretty sure its a 60mm so its been bored then if its really a 2.3...

I believe the Cobalt SC/SS's PCM reads temps before and after the intercooler.

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LD9 for Life
Tuesday, December 30, 2008 12:03 AM
there is two of those little holes for that sensor and the way it is set up i think its like ^^^^^^

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Tuesday, December 30, 2008 12:05 AM
wait i lied there is one before the charger and after the charger then after it goes through the intercooler

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 4:13 AM
z yaaaa wrote:besides the obvious differences in the exterior look, what else is there thats different?

Bypass Valve, CFM, Noise, Parasitic loss.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:40 PM
bump anything going on?

Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:47 PM
something's going on with mine, hehe.. but dunno about Vulcan's setup... hope it comes through soon

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:55 PM
well post up pics of it lol

Tuesday, February 24, 2009 6:22 PM
anything going on here?

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 4:47 PM
I am in the process of looking at this as my next project but I would be only interested in this if the manifold was compatible with a FMIC or H/E. I would really like to see some of the work that has been made so far on the project. I know its kinda on hold now but I wouldn't want to get invovled with it and then not liking the final product. I may be interested in supporting this if there is a manifold made to accomadate an intercooling system. Cause as it stands a manifold that didn't would just be a larger version of the mp45 and one of the reasons for me to upgrade to the mp62 is for the cooling option. I have spent the last 7 hours reading about this and I am serious about supporting this but I want to see a product that is semi-completed before I totally commit. With the canadian dollar being down this will be a good 1500 before I get it and thats a substantial investment in something that you have never seen or have any idea what is gonna look like or work. If there was a final product that would give me everything I am looking for I would buy it. Its not the issue of spending 1500 that concerns me its the fact that I want to see the product first. This would save me some headaches of trying to get a local shop to do the same thing, but alot comes down to availablity, price and product. If there is any progress made I'd love to be informed.

Monday, June 22, 2009 2:07 PM
ok so i am really thinking about doing this set up now i want more boost seeing six pounds isnt gonna cut it for me. but i gotta know what i will be needing to keeep from my supercharger kit now because im gonna have to sell it and if i have to keep anything i dont wanna have to sell the kit to someone because i wouldnt get my full money return if i had to keep parts.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 10:55 AM
I just spoke to them. They were trying out one design and it just was not working out how they wanted so now they are trying another design but were waiting on some piping to come in. The piping should arrive tomorrow.

It looks now as though this will be made with a front mount intercooler similar to a turbo setup. As for me I will will be spraying nitrous to cool the charge even further.

Hoping to have some new news on Friday.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search