please someone make a m62 manifold 4 a ld9 - Page 10 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: please someone make a m62 manifold 4 a ld9
Sunday, December 07, 2008 8:39 AM
Bump

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Sunday, December 07, 2008 10:41 AM
^^ I was thinking the same thing. I think people will be a little more interested when they at least see the prototype.
Sunday, December 07, 2008 10:49 AM
i was searching the web and i came across this one this isn what yall are talking about http://www.vulcanturbo.com/intakemanifolds.html
Sunday, December 07, 2008 12:30 PM
caviking88 wrote:i was searching the web and i came across this one this isn what yall are talking about http://www.vulcanturbo.com/intakemanifolds.html

interesting.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Sunday, December 07, 2008 12:49 PM
caviking88 wrote:i was searching the web and i came across this one this isn what yall are talking about http://www.vulcanturbo.com/intakemanifolds.html

Yes, That is what we are talking about. Vulcan was looking for a few more people before they finish the project. As I understand it it has taken a back burner for the time being since I am the only one who has paid for it.

Sunday, December 07, 2008 12:55 PM
so u havent received it yet?
Sunday, December 07, 2008 3:28 PM
correct, we have the supercharger here, the throttle body and a test fitment vehicle... I also already have the flanges made... in steel. the final product will be aluminum, but the cost to have custom aluminum parts machined is a little costly so we are hoping to have at least 1 or 2 more buyers. Ill be able to produce the steel prototype in just a week or two.
Sunday, December 07, 2008 3:40 PM
Actually you know what else could help move these along... would anyone be interested in a straight up aluminum intake manifold for the 2.4? I already have made a prototype for that (pictured on the website), however the design is slightly changed to the plenum design of the ecotec intake manifold, everything else remains same. Supports OEM throttle body, 244cu-in collector, 2.0" OD - 4" long runners, all 6061 aluminum and TIG welded by ASME certified welders... Its $575.00 and shows nice gains on any boosted setup! The runner length is tuned in for peak torque gains at about 4000rpm. if i could sell one or two of these it would help fund the MP62 intake manifold as well!
Monday, December 08, 2008 4:31 AM
vulcan idk if its been done already but mabey u could post a feeler on quad4forum or a grand am forum?
Monday, December 08, 2008 7:27 AM
Hmm i actually never thought of that... or been on those forums before.
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 7:27 AM
Vulcan Turbo, LLC wrote:Actually you know what else could help move these along... would anyone be interested in a straight up aluminum intake manifold for the 2.4? I already have made a prototype for that (pictured on the website), however the design is slightly changed to the plenum design of the ecotec intake manifold, everything else remains same. Supports OEM throttle body, 244cu-in collector, 2.0" OD - 4" long runners, all 6061 aluminum and TIG welded by ASME certified welders... Its $575.00 and shows nice gains on any boosted setup! The runner length is tuned in for peak torque gains at about 4000rpm. if i could sell one or two of these it would help fund the MP62 intake manifold as well!

That is a good idea. What size will the opening at the throttle body???

No good news on my end. My motor has a spun rod bearing and no supercharger kit sales yet. >:o

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LD9 for Life

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 3:19 PM
I forget the exact diameter but it was a copy of the OEM throttle body, i could always make it bigger if someone is running a ported throttle body. I think im going to make the prototype / jig next week, my schedule is pretty open then... i think. Then it shouldn't take to long to fit it up.
Friday, December 26, 2008 10:15 AM
Just wanted to see what you guys are doing on this...

Friday, December 26, 2008 10:44 AM
Project still on hold, id really like to get a push on it! I got all the materials to mock up the steel prototype and everything but waiting for 1 or 2 more buyers hopefully.
Friday, December 26, 2008 11:04 AM
pfft... just like always, everyone is "going" to buy it, right up till the piont its actually for sale. jeez

M90'd Built LGO-15 PSI
http://webstarts.com/quadper4mance
Friday, December 26, 2008 11:27 AM
If this woulda been earlier I for sure would have gotten the money together. But, I got tired of waiting and went turbo instead. If i ever get bored with the turbo I'd def be interested, but I doubt that will ever happen lol.

Honestly I see this project just going into the ground. The only person whos paid is trying to sell the car, and unless we have some more people step up I dont see it happening. Atleast not until tax return time if theres still interest.

Friday, December 26, 2008 3:34 PM
I commited to Vulcan to do this project and I still want to do this but I cannot seem to find a buyer for my supercharger kit to pay for it. ( This was also before I spun a rod bearing too ). Also the first manifold is going to be non-intercooled and would like to have an intercooled version.

I thought about going turbo and buying Vulcan's turbo intake manifold instead. Doing this will at least that will help fund the SC intake manifold.

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LD9 for Life
Friday, December 26, 2008 4:06 PM
^^ This is correct, and even if i dont have a bunch of buyers now i will have the jig and blueprints making me able to produce this M62 intake manifold anytime down the road as well.
Friday, December 26, 2008 8:15 PM
I'm up for this, but won't be able to dish out any cash until spring/summer time. I would also be interested in an intercooled version.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Saturday, December 27, 2008 12:39 PM
Nukkinfuttz wrote:pfft... just like always, everyone is "going" to buy it, right up till the piont its actually for sale. jeez

The problem is that everyone that wanted to buy it only wanted to pay less than $600 for the manifold.

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LD9 for Life
Saturday, December 27, 2008 1:22 PM
think about this...
time to cut and weld all these pieces together is going to take at least three 8 hour days. thats 24 hours. a good fab'r is going to ask 30 bux per hour to do custom work. 24 x 30 = 720
now all the time its going to take to actually get it onto the engine and be satisfied with the work is looking more like a week or two for the first one. trust me. now we're looking at 1200.00
then add in the cost of supplies, probably another 150.00 at least, just going of the top of my head.

dont forget shipping, this thing is big and kinda wieghty... 50 bux?

how much does the actual heat exchanger cost? couple hundred?

then the time its going to take to strip down the donor car and take measurements, tack stuff together, go check fitment, adjust, check again, adjust, check again... when this is going on, you'll definately find some little things that will need to be moved around, or deleted...

labor alone for a good welder/fabricator is going to already pass the 600.00 mark. if you guys want it cheaper than that, you should learn how to weld and fab yourselfs. any less than that, and your going to get someone doing crappy work that will fail in no time, and then you'll piss and moan about that too... RSM comes to mind. lol

look at this guys other work... he knows what he's doing, and he's putting out quality work. this should be no different and i dont think he will let you down. he didnt spend many years learning how to weld, buying all the tools nessesary, buying a TIG welder, so he could work for wages you could get at walmart. if you added up cost of materials and they came out to lets say 150.00, and then took that away from 600, you'd be left with 450. now, 450.00 to pay a guy for a week to do this for you, he'd be making like 11 bux per hour. with his knowledge, he can probably find other ways to make better money during the corse of that week.

i think its more of a case that no body wants to be the "first" anymore. sounded like Wade was going to go for it, and i applaud him, but seems like most people are content with just copying everyone elses setups, and not really doing anything new. this is an incredible opprotunity to be the "first", and someone else is going to do all the hard work (making it). how can you go wrong?

i just feel this guys pain becuase ive been in his shoes before. I'd start talking about a new product, all kinds of people cheering it on, and when the time came to start throwing money around, everyone disappears. So, ive since decided to take a new approach. I just do it. i dont say anything about it. when its done, i'll post up about it, and show pictures, and offer a price. that seems to work better for me now.

M90'd Built LGO-15 PSI
http://webstarts.com/quadper4mance

Sunday, December 28, 2008 8:09 PM
YES I am selling my car. I was not planning on selling it until fall of 09 but I found an EVO I simply must have. That has nothing to do with this project. I have already bought the sc, tb, and paid in full for the manifold. I am NOT bailing on this. I don't have anything even to gain at this point by going through with this but I am anyway, A because I made a comittment and B because I know this will be an awesome product for the 2.4 crowd.

I don't even know what will happen to the this stuff when it is done. I don't have another car to put it on so it may just sit. Maybe whoever buys my car will want it. I dunno about all that. I just know I am not bailing on this.

Monday, December 29, 2008 9:36 AM
Thanks wade for the amazing commitment! This project is near ready to just knock out making the prototype in one day.
Monday, December 29, 2008 10:42 AM
Didnt mean any offense wade, just saying that you wanting to sell your car you wont be able to put this kit into the use that I believe it needs. Pretty much, if you got it and were the only kit but didnt get it on the car, what results would other base their purchase off of? Thats how alot of people are, afraid to try new things until theyve seen it done and how it is. Im glad you gave this a push to get it going, whether it goes on your car or not.

Monday, December 29, 2008 4:48 PM
if one say had... an already made custom intercooled LD9 m62 s/c setup... would vulcan be interested in having a look at said item and possibly making a replica?

Are you scared of the changes coming? The answer is on the inside.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search