*****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED******** - Page 5 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Friday, June 02, 2006 2:07 PM
JimmyZ wrote:

I emailed JBP earlier today asking if they'd like to comment on this post.
John Higgins wrote:

I do not understand why JBP will not respond to this. I do understand that the ORG can be a nasty place with certain people on here. Fact is if they have proof they do what they do give it and leave it alone. That should settle this.
The response I got from them (I'd quote the email directly but it's on my work computer) basically said they wouldn't respond here because "they don't have an account to post". It also said "we sell recalibrated ECMs and they are not just stock with no programming".

I sincerely hope that turns out to be the case, but the question has been asked and I believe it deserves an answer. It's just a little disconcerting that a provable answer won't come from the company itself, so time will tell.







09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63


Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Friday, June 02, 2006 9:30 PM


Team GREEN

Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Saturday, June 03, 2006 10:25 AM




SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
RACER X - '78 Opel Kadett W41 Swap

Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Saturday, June 03, 2006 11:01 AM




Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Saturday, June 03, 2006 12:37 PM
One would think if the company actually does re-calibrate it from settings other then stock , that they would gladly donate one to compare with JUST TO PROVE , that they are better then RSMs.

It would boost there reputation ... and there sales.

But who knows?






Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Saturday, June 03, 2006 12:43 PM
well...... now that HPT is out........ they just might be able to reflash ECM's......




SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
RACER X - '78 Opel Kadett W41 Swap

Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Saturday, June 03, 2006 1:45 PM
bah, some companies just don't care about forums and prefer to base their reputation on their customers satisfaction only... it might not be the best thing for them but to each their own...

it's easy to say that since they don't respond they must be screwing us but the fact is they don't HAVE to answer at all... so someone just get your ECM reflashed by them and then post the results...

it's called put up or shut up...



15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.
Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Saturday, June 03, 2006 1:58 PM
Blown DanteMustDie wrote:

it's easy to say that since they don't respond they must be screwing us but the fact is they don't HAVE to answer at all... so someone just get your ECM reflashed by them and then post the results...
Actually at this point, with HPtuners being on the market and available for anyone to use, I'd be more interested in seeing an ECM that was bought from them in the past.

Given the circumstances, I believe that very fair questions are being asked. I'm trying to give JBP the benefit of the doubt here, but not posting here because they "don't have an account" is stretching any measure of credibility pretty thin. It takes 30 seconds to sign up for an account, and giving direct answers to these questions would be the easiest way to avoid any controversy.

Like I said before...in the end I hope it all works out positively, but one way or another these questions have to be answered.







09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Saturday, June 03, 2006 2:09 PM
JimmyZ wrote:

Blown DanteMustDie wrote:

it's easy to say that since they don't respond they must be screwing us but the fact is they don't HAVE to answer at all... so someone just get your ECM reflashed by them and then post the results...
Actually at this point, with HPtuners being on the market and available for anyone to use, I'd be more interested in seeing an ECM that was bought from them in the past.

Given the circumstances, I believe that very fair questions are being asked. I'm trying to give JBP the benefit of the doubt here, but not posting here because they "don't have an account" is stretching any measure of credibility pretty thin. It takes 30 seconds to sign up for an account, and giving direct answers to these questions would be the easiest way to avoid any controversy.

Like I said before...in the end I hope it all works out positively, but one way or another these questions have to be answered.


just email them directly then... since when is posting on a forum the standard way of communicating with a company ?

what if they don't care about internet controversy ? you can say it's bad for them all you want, since when is posting on a forum the standard way of communicating with a company ? just email them directly if you want answers... if they refuse to answer you THEN you can start having your doubts...



15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.
Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Saturday, June 03, 2006 2:35 PM
Blown DanteMustDie wrote:

just email them directly then... since when is posting on a forum the standard way of communicating with a company ?

what if they don't care about internet controversy ? you can say it's bad for them all you want, since when is posting on a forum the standard way of communicating with a company ? just email them directly if you want answers... if they refuse to answer you THEN you can start having your doubts...
You haven't changed a bit since before Versus disappeared. You need to go back and actually READ posts before sticking your 2 cents in. I DID email JBP, and they DID respond to me saying that wouldn't post here because "they don't have an account". That's what is raising serious doubts in my mind, as well as many other people. To paraphrase the consensus I'm hearing "as easy as it is, if they won't sign up for an account to prove their side they probably can't prove it".

It's not just me. I'm just one that happens to be posting about it. You started out in this thread offering nothing but diversion from the debate to pointless BS and now you're proving that you don't even read anything before putting your foot in your mouth. Just go away and let the adults talk. We'll send you a memo when we know how it turns out.







09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Saturday, June 03, 2006 2:50 PM
JimmyZ wrote:

Just go away and let the adults talk. We'll send you a memo when we know how it turns out.




Now that there was just funny as hell




SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
RACER X - '78 Opel Kadett W41 Swap


Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Saturday, June 03, 2006 3:00 PM
Frankly, taking this from the perspective of someone on the outside looking in, I wouldn't waste my time getting involved in this argument if I was JBP.... even despite the fact that there are suspicions. In the end I think that since JBP was pretty much a "you have to come here to get the reflash done on the dyno" type deal, that its a lot less likely they' were faking it.

And Jimmy, just because GM could not reflash the computers means nothing. The techs at the dealer can only load a file thats already written and available, they cannot tune the parameters of the ecu itself, and I'm sure none of the techs at any GM dealership would want to. My experience from working in dealer service departments is that 95% of tech do not want to be inconvenienced with any type of vehicle modification, much less perform further mods. If GM didn't have a reflash it is because they did not want to spend the money to do the R+D involved with it.

Any ecu is crackable. I'm not saying that i'm 100% certain that JBP's reflash isn't BS, but as a comparison, VW still does not have ANY type of performance reflash, yet they are available in DROVES from the aftermarket. So, just because the VW dealer can't do it, does that make it unlikely that an aftermarket company could do it? Granted, with little to no previous support or research done, it would be DIFFICULT to rewrite a cavalier ecu, but not impossible, which would explain the prohibitive cost of JBP's reflash.

Its pointless to even argue because in the 2 years i've been on this forum I still haven't seen anyone purporting to have been reflashed by JBP, so I highly doubt anyone who may have been is going to pop up any time soon.




Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Saturday, June 03, 2006 3:53 PM
I don't think JBP has anything to prove.... even if they did send someone an ECU and it was proven that they did make changes, you would all find something else to nitpick about later on down the road.
I am not trying to defend them here, there are only a scarce few J-body companies that aren't horrendous rip-offs (Carcustoms, Aplus, ect..) because all of the honest ones have already been pushed away by this crap and all of the slight rip-off companies are provoked into ripping your asses off more by the way you recieve them.



Cardomain|Myspace

Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Saturday, June 03, 2006 5:16 PM
Brian - I love you man, and also get back with me about pricin' of that trany idea you have going you told me to use please.
Jimmy - You are too are also great, but please send me PM about this later on cause I'm to busy with everything eles. I'm not dogin' anyone with that, but I just don't have to much time anymore really.






Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Saturday, June 03, 2006 5:58 PM
wow ive missed out on a lot of funny stuff here lol


Now Powered By TEAM GREEN

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
boost will be soon for me....
Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Saturday, June 03, 2006 8:02 PM
i dont understand why JBP has nothing to prove? they claim to be able to modify a j body computer. RSM claimed the same thing, we checked it and it came up as . SO why cant we do that with JBP?

we busted out RSM, now we have to work on the next j body company out there and see how legit they are.

Team GREEN

Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Saturday, June 03, 2006 8:17 PM
I have only one thing to say to that...

D E A D !



Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Saturday, June 03, 2006 10:05 PM
I will say some of you are correct JBP does not have to prove anything to any of us. Also coming on here and creating a acount and posting would probably be a issue as well. They could answer some basic question in email to solve this (in regards to the reflash). They could give a brief breakdown of how they do it. If it is logical and makes sense I think most of us will be ok with that. For a company that only supports J-Body's not backing this up could really hurt them (because of the way the ORG is). Not saying they only support J-Body's (because I do not know if they do or not). Also for us to ask these questions is not uncalled for. Company's like SuperChips has claimed to be able to reflash our ECU's before, but when it came down to it they could not. Because of the problems and time it has taken for company's to break into a J computer it only makes sense to question how did they do it, and no one else could. What makes them soo special. Answer that question (how were they able to) and this will be solved. yes of course people will later complain about there oil pump, but that has been going on and will not stop, just like this will not stop, but if they put up people will know.



FU Tuning



Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Saturday, June 03, 2006 11:59 PM
Speaking of the oil pump... i have taken a few pix of the 2.4 and 2.3 oil pumps with micrometers measuring each of the internals of the pumps and to get the 2.4 to have the surface area and sheer size of the 2.3 pump in order to create the same pressure and volume would take nothing short of redesigning the whole pump not just boring it out or using spacers to up the pressure. watch for a new topic in the performace section within the week regarding this with pictures.

Sorry to get off topic guys!



Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Sunday, June 04, 2006 3:34 AM
Jake wrote:

i dont understand why JBP has nothing to prove? they claim to be able to modify a j body computer. RSM claimed the same thing, we checked it and it came up as . SO why cant we do that with JBP?

we busted out RSM, now we have to work on the next j body company out there and see how legit they are.


Nobody hunted down RSM and asked them to proove themselves, Matt checked out his ECU with HP tuners. If someone wants to do the same thing, go for it but don't harass them like they have to proove themselves to you. They are getting put down without any actual information to back it up. If someone tests, cool... posts the results and discuss... anything prior is baseless and a waste of bandwidth, giving the JBO community a bad name. Again I will say it, they don't have to prove anything to anybody. JBP and RSM are not the same company.

And no I am not a spokesman/JBP pet, I have never and will never buy anything from them.



Cardomain|Myspace

Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Sunday, June 04, 2006 7:12 AM
M I N I O N - Sinbird wrote:

Jake wrote:

i dont understand why JBP has nothing to prove? they claim to be able to modify a j body computer. RSM claimed the same thing, we checked it and it came up as . SO why cant we do that with JBP?

we busted out RSM, now we have to work on the next j body company out there and see how legit they are.


Nobody hunted down RSM and asked them to proove themselves, Matt checked out his ECU with HP tuners. If someone wants to do the same thing, go for it but don't harass them like they have to proove themselves to you. They are getting put down without any actual information to back it up. If someone tests, cool... posts the results and discuss... anything prior is baseless and a waste of bandwidth, giving the JBO community a bad name. Again I will say it, they don't have to prove anything to anybody. JBP and RSM are not the same company.

And no I am not a spokesman/JBP pet, I have never and will never buy anything from them.

exactly my point... all jimmyZ seems to be able to do is harass and put down people... harassing jbp, then harassing everyone who doesn't agree with him.... yup, it seems that since Versus he hasn't changed at all either... kiddy jokes don't make you look good either, it only makes idiots laugh to make it seem like you're right and I'm wrong... keep at it since it's obvious you're a man with a lot of hate in held inside of you



15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.

Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Sunday, June 04, 2006 7:43 AM
I don't want you to get me wrong here.... Jimmy Z does some pretty wicked in depth investigation work (I can pull up threads to prove it.)
Everybody is getting caught up in the heat of the moment here. Pointing fingers is no fun.



Cardomain|Myspace

Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Sunday, June 04, 2006 3:35 PM
Blown DanteMustDie wrote:

kiddy jokes don't make you look good either, it only makes idiots laugh to make it seem like you're right and I'm wrong...


woot! This clown called me an idiot.......

Your argument is moot....... any company that says to offer a product should be required to prove that their product is legit. What makes JBP any different then RSM or any company that offers ECM reflashes for any vehicle? Those other companies all have to prove that what they offer is legit....... Companies like Hondata, HPTuners, DSMLink...... they all submit their products to be evaluated by their respected market. WE are JBP's market, WE were RSM's market for the most part (they catered to more then just J's)....... if JBP wants to sell products to us, they should be required to provide examples of their work.

If I remember correctly, RSM's ECM editor was a guy named Adam, who I believe Nelson told me didnt actually work @ RSM...... JBP "reps" have expressed that their 'editor' also does not work @ JBP........ anyone know who they employ to work on the ECM's?



SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
RACER X - '78 Opel Kadett W41 Swap

Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Sunday, June 04, 2006 3:37 PM
*edit* my examples of other 'companies' included aftermarket ECM's as well as ECM editing programs...... I should have included more companies that actually sell 'tuned' or 'edited' ECM's.......




SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
RACER X - '78 Opel Kadett W41 Swap

Re: *****RSM SUPERCHARGER REFLASH - EXPOSED*******
Sunday, June 04, 2006 10:40 PM
WOW this is one hell of a thread

when I firest got my cavi I found rsm and almost dumped a good chunk of change into dog bone, pulley, tb, intake mani.

thank god my finances fell through(funny I say that) and I couldn't buy anything cause now I find out they are snake oil


I would of been f*#$ing pissed



------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
when you beat someone in a civic people wine and make excuses
when you beat someone in a cavalier they pull over and check under thier hoods
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search