RSM supercharger 04 SF GT - Page 11 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: RSM supercharger 04 SF GT
Monday, March 21, 2005 4:01 AM
Superchargers are good fun!

Beer is too!

Monday, March 21, 2005 6:25 AM
what upgrades will be needed to go from stage one to stage 2?
Monday, March 21, 2005 7:28 AM
Stage II has a bigger blower and the ported head, bigger injects, id imagine some diff pulleys

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, March 21, 2005 8:03 AM
Craig Lewis wrote:Superchargers are good fun!

Beer is too!

yeah , but !!!!!!

id rather drive a newly boost car , then drink a beer

LOL

allthough i quit drinking along time ago , it got in the way of other hobbies , LOL

i have more fun playing with my cars

oh well

Monday, March 21, 2005 1:35 PM
too much beer in one night will give you a hangover, too much boost in one night will give you a hard on. are you sure the stage two comes with the head? i dont remember seeing that on the site. im planning on getting my own head ported, i already have a spare. and i wanna get 1mm oversize valves. but if the stage 2 comes with that i will forget that . then i wont have to worry about guessing about how much to port
Monday, March 21, 2005 3:27 PM
i dont think you get a head with the s/c kit

unless its a special thing from the hotel

LOL

Monday, March 21, 2005 5:55 PM
Aaron wrote:I tried to clock it as much as I could. If I clocked it anymore I wouldn't be able to reach the nut on the strap. I guess you would have to see it to understand

The strap can be rotated independently of the blower.

Stage 2 does get the head.

The drive system is completely different.

Monday, March 21, 2005 6:09 PM
Beer isn't for everyone...but it's what I do, but I get wood driving that thing.
oh craig...... I had some Molson Ice...and I was disapointed! Please tell me Canada has something better then that?!?

6PSI RSMracing Stage 1 Supercharger Kit.
Monday, March 21, 2005 6:11 PM
i just went to your website and stage 2 says it gets high volume vortech supercharger, bigger injectors, all brackets and oil lines, belt and pulleys, ECU programming, adjustable blow-off valve, FMU, induction piping and K&N cone filter. for $4900. i wanted to double check. is that the price with the head? the description says nothing about a head.
Monday, March 21, 2005 6:22 PM
yea it is, theres a 300 core charge I believe if RSM isnt doing the install

Monday, March 21, 2005 8:38 PM
Craig Lewis wrote:
Aaron wrote:
Stage 2 does get the head.

the eco's get a ported head , and us 2.4 dont

that sucks

Thursday, March 24, 2005 3:49 PM
I think you should take some sound clips of the supercharger at idel and under load i want to see how much louder it is the my gm s/c.... since that is the one thing i do wish my'n had (the loud whine)

Friday, March 25, 2005 9:44 AM
I'm working on that.

Friday, March 25, 2005 3:53 PM
So far, I'm pretty happy with it. I don't know what it'll do in the quarter but we'll see. The sound is pretty cool. It wasn't loud and obnoxious like I thought it was gonna be, actually pretty tame, the only time I really hear it is at idle.
Driving with the radio on normal volume, I can't really hear it but apparently people outside the car said it was very noticeable when I drove away. Everyone who has heard it loves the sound of it.
Performance wise, in the low end, you really don't notice that much, basically it like getting a WAI, mayeb a little more, there is a bit of pop, but not much, kinda like a turbo I guess.
Its when you keep the throttle floored and the RPMS a jumpin' it becomes a lot of fun. You really feel it pull the most in 2nd gear after about 3500/4000rpm where it presses you back in the seat. Keeping it around 5000 through the gears is really cool.
Next is lower mounts, header, hi-flo cat and some gauges. I'm gonna order a boost gauge and most importantly oil pressure on Monday. :bigsmile:

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time and for those 15 seconds, I realize, I need boost.
Friday, March 25, 2005 6:17 PM
Heres a question for Craig how can the boost be increased on a stage I kit, thats what I've ordered and I plan on running a heck of a lot more boost than 6psi once I rebuild the engine, I know the blower is good to 20psi according to vortechs website and I know Jenny's car had a stage I running 14psi. I heard rumors before of a pulley upgrade kit by RSM on here before. Is this somehting they can custom make for me?

Also by the way have you recieved my order from High Rev it is under Matt Hazzard getting shipped to PA just wondering how long it will be until I see it in the mail

Saturday, March 26, 2005 1:45 PM
Rodimus prime
6psi is good. 14psi would be outstanding. I'm interested in anything you find out about a pulley kit

6PSI RSMracing Stage 1 Supercharger Kit.
Saturday, March 26, 2005 5:57 PM
LUCY.... watt I telling jew bout blowing dat ting OP! jk I am getting the car on the dyno on tuesday I,ll let you know my results on wed.
Just another 6 psi RSM stage one supercharger prowling the streets.

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 8:49 AM
he does not recomend a smaller pulley on stage 1 because of belt slippage

Monday, March 28, 2005 2:49 PM
Hey everyone,

I just ordered my Cobalt SS today. Fully loaded. I'll be lookin for u guys with the RSM charger.

Here Cavy Cavy Cavy.

Hehehehe
Monday, March 28, 2005 9:53 PM
here cobalt SS, cobalt SS, cobalt SS

not at all intimidated --- and your name really funny glad you joined the org yesterday

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 4:48 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:Heres a question for Craig how can the boost be increased on a stage I kit, thats what I've ordered and I plan on running a heck of a lot more boost than 6psi once I rebuild the engine, I know the blower is good to 20psi according to vortechs website and I know Jenny's car had a stage I running 14psi. I heard rumors before of a pulley upgrade kit by RSM on here before. Is this somehting they can custom make for me?

Also by the way have you recieved my order from High Rev it is under Matt Hazzard getting shipped to PA just wondering how long it will be until I see it in the mail

My recollection is that Jenny's car didn't reach those numbers until we put a far larger drive housing on the car. Even still, I think that number might be a little exceptional. That number was seen on the boost guage. I still wonder whether the it was accurate. The gauge might need recallibration. In any case, the thing was making a ton of power. If you plan on making that kind of HP....Please get brakes!!!

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 4:53 AM
Oops. Forgot the other half of the reply. We have fitted the bigger drive pulleys in house because there are some fitment issues. We used as much space as we coul d. We worry that sending them out may invite problems.

When the time comes, let me know. We will figurre something out.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 7:41 AM
if the 15% sale is still going im half tempted to put in the other 850 for the stage II Ill have to decide in the next day or two

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 8:26 AM
what is faster, the cobalt ss or a cavy with an rsm supercharger on it? hehehe.
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:57 AM
Hard to tell at this point. Each car has it's advantages. Cavy's have a slightly bigger motor, but the SS had a supercharged-specific tranny designed for being supercharged. As soon as I get my SS broken, i'm going with a smaller pulley. Should give me another 25hp or so, but as far as a straight up comparison goes, we'll have to see. I think that i'll come out on top though, but not by much.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search