RSM supercharger 04 SF GT - Page 4 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: RSM supercharger 04 SF GT
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 11:40 AM
Quote:

Most of you guys arguing with me are from Canada correct? I guess I can see why the support of Craig is pretty strong.

Other than Craig, only Dan & myself of everyone that has replied on this page are in Toronto but again, I dunno what that has to do with anything. Don't worry about us Canadians, we won't invade.

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time and for those 15 seconds, I realize, I need boost.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 11:45 AM
I am in the states here, I just support good products. Instead of someone always trying to chase them away.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 11:51 AM
Ken,

Keep running your mouth so that you can attract all the z24/LS owners to open up on you. Maybe they will take pity on you because you are a fool, but I won't. No matter how you slice it, dice it, or dress it up, you still have a base cavalier. If I want to drive your car, then I'll go to enterprise.
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 11:58 AM
Quote:

then I'll go to enterprise.

After med school.

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time and for those 15 seconds, I realize, I need boost.
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 12:18 PM
the laugh is on you jackass. You'll still be paying for your RSM charger long after I finish school!
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 12:22 PM
By the time you finish med school, they'll have cured you, cancer and I'll be the Surgeon General. In fact, you're a cancer to this thread.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 12:33 PM
Who the hell buys a Grand AM Se with an ecotec anyway? I'll tell you who: 40 year old divorced women. HAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA Must be a fast car wtih all the extra weight to tow around. Y not buy the 3.4. tsk tsk tsk. See, I can make nasty commnets too.
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 12:41 PM
Quote:

See, I can make nasty commnets too.

You were callin people a fool for their opinions long before this so I figured since this thread is toast anyway, a long time ago.

Quote:

Who the hell buys a Grand AM Se with an ecotec anyway? I'll tell you who: 40 year old divorced women.

You mean like your mom, you sound like someone from a broken home.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 12:43 PM
Dude Its just a Cavalier!!! calm yourself. for $17,000 I can buy an 03 Monte Carlo Ls fully loaded. You got sidetrack from what I said first, and that is, what might be too much for you to afford being the RSM charger. Is not to much for others. Bottom line. The whole break down of the price thing was to SHOW you how It was cheaper for ME, than It would be for you. Stop looking for fights here. I have been here for sometime now and all they do is waste bandwidth, and solve nothing. Every post I made was about MY car, so chill out. I never said I had a better motor, or Ecos suck so stop thinking that. I know what my car can do and I am fine with that.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 12:50 PM
Nah, my parents are happily married. Your car is pretty cool tho.
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 1:00 PM
Quote:

Your car is pretty cool tho.

I know.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:38 PM
ywlssport 02,

I hope you are having fun. I'll waste a little more time on you.

As for the 2.4. It's would be hard to resist a 2000 dollar blower kit. We are not debating this option because there is none for the eco. When it comes out, we will see what price is asked. 2.4 owners waited for years. Only for it to be discontinued after a very short production. The reason. Because there are many who figure that a normal price for a blower kit is too much. Fair enough isn't it. No more 2.4 blower from Magnuson.

If you want to talk about rational purchases. We might as well reduce every product line to mini vans only. There are just so damn practical. Maybe you should go buy one.

In the end, I respect you opinion. It's obvious you don't respect much at all. Post away. I have known many just like you. It won't matter what degree you get or have. You'll be put in your place by a bigger dog time and again until you learn. Good luck.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 9:02 PM
02LSSPORT YOU MY FRIEND ARE A JACKASS --

FIRST OF ALL BASE OR LS SPORT IT IS A DAMN CAVALIER -- IT IS CHEAP, HAS A BAD CRASH RATING, HAS REAR DRUMS, SOLID REAR AXLE, THE INTERIOR QUALITY IS CRAP ---- BLAH, BLAH, BLAH --

I SEE SINCE YOUR ALMIGHTY ECOTEC IS SO FAST YOU CAN PICK ON OTHERS B/C THERE CAR IS HEAVY OR HAS A 2200 IN IT. -- NICE -- i WOULD MOST LIKELY DESTROY YOU IN A RACE OF ANY KINDAND I WOULD SERIOUSLY BE SUPRISED IF YOU MAKE IT IN MED SCHOOL WITH THAT IMMATURE ATTITUDE AND ALL OF THE EXTRA TIME YOU HAVE ON YOUR HANDS TO PICK ON OTHERS ON A PUBLIC FORUM -- I MYSELF AM A ENGINEERING MAJOR AND KNOW WHAT IT TAKES TO GET THROUGH SCHOOL --

NOW WITH ALL OF THAT ASIDE YOU ARE ON A PUBLIC SITE IN WHICH PEOPLE ARE GLORIFIED FOR SPENDING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON THIER 10,000 DOLLAR ECONOBOXES AND YOU ARE GOING TO BASH SOMEONE FOR BUYING A SUPER CHARGER--

i LOOK AT IT THIS WAY IF YOU ARE PAYING 250-300 DOLLARS A MONTH ON A CAR AND SPENDING 3-4 GRAND ON IT WILL NOT ONLY MAKE YOU HAPPY BUT ALSO MAKE THE CAR 150X MORE FUN TO DRIVE THEN GO FOR IT --

WHO ARE YOU TO TELL OTHERS HOW TO SPEND THEIR MONEY I AM SURE THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO THINK YOU WASTE MONEY I MEAN YOU DID SPEND 17 G'S ON A CAR WIITH AWEFUL RESALE AND ARE PUTTING MORE MONEY INTO IT -- EVEN IF IT IS AN INTAKE AND EXHAUST

------------------------------ CRAIG A FEW QUESTIONS FOR YOU------------------------------------

1. HOW LONG IS THE 15% SALE GOING TO LAST
2. I HAD HEARD IF YOU PURCHASE A SUPERCHARGER FROM YOU GUYS YOU WILL INSTALL AND TUNE IT FOR FREE IF THE PERSON DRIVES UP THERE?
3. STOCK BOOST ON STAGE 1 IS 6 PSI YOU GUYS SELL SMALLER PULLEYS AND WHAT DO YOU RECOMEND IF WE WANT A LITTLE MORE BOOST (LIKE 8PSI)
4. I HAVE NOT DONE A WHOLE LOT OF RESEARCH ON VORTEC BLOWERS AND NITROUS BUT I AM GUESING THAT IT WILL WORK WITH A WET KIT ALOT BETTER THEN A ROOTS TYPE BLOWER (THE GAS EATS THE BLADES ON A ROOTS BLOWER)

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 9:40 PM
^^^^Thank you^^^^

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 11:56 PM
eddie and i are in the US

the eco was designed by lotus , and GM , it started life in europe , and was first used here in the saabs and saturns

the plant they are asembled in is in lordstown , parts are shiped there from mexico , as well as other locations

if you pai 17K for your LS sport , you my friend got hosed with out the lube , most peole i know with LS sports paid no more than 14K , before the dealer add ins

like i said before you make you sense

most ricer boys i know have put more money in their cars , just tobe as fast as most of us stock , i even watched a intergra owner cry , after what his car dyno'd at , he said he had put close to 6 k in the motor ,and only had 180 hp and 105tq when al was done

and that night i watched him run a mid 17 in las vegas , and both my g/fscav ,and friends Z24 ran low to mid 16's with just intakes

so piss off , and sit in your corner , and leave this post alone

have fun at the show craig

Thursday, February 24, 2005 5:41 AM
Just to clarify my words.

The supercharged eco is not made in Lordstown.

GM powertrain

Thursday, February 24, 2005 7:15 AM
Quote:

Hmmmm how is my argument flawed? Granted at this moment in time there is no eco 2.2 supercharger avail from GM. The key thing to remember is that there's nothing available YET. YET is the key word buddy. So please point out how being patient is the equivalent of being flawed.

Okay, my apologies, flawed was the wrong word. Your arguement doesn't seem to make sense though. If you actually read some of the other posts, it shows that when the LD9 S/C came out, it was $7000. What makes you think that GM wouldn't do the same thing if and when they release a S/C for the Eco? Of course they would. They would rather someone look and think to themselves, "Why would I pay $7000 for a S/C for my Cav, when I can get a brand new Cobalt with one?" Well for me, that's impractical. I use my car as a family hauler, 4 doors. The S/C SS will never come in 4 doors, so for me, a S/C on my car is a bonus.

And if you're being patient, why are you asking about turbos in this thread? Doesn't seem very patient to me. And as for finding a reliable turbo, GL. There's more tuning and maintenance on a turbo than will ever be on a S/C.

And please don't refer to me as "buddy." To me that indicates a rather condecending attitude that I don't appreciate.

I may not know much about cars, but I know two things....
1) Breaking things is expensive, and
2) Horsepower isn't cheap.
Thursday, February 24, 2005 8:51 AM
Here is the viewpoint of a completely neutral dude that is just trying t do some research on speeding up his cavy…

I bouth a stock, very base 03 cavy two years ago. Since then I have modified it’s look inside and out, but only put exhaust and an RKSport intake on it. Increased the torque quite a bit, but of course not enough.

Am now wanting some boost. So I know of Nitrous, which I feel is a little wishy-washy cuase I don’t know that much about it; I know of superchargers, and turbos.

I had heard of the grand tale of the GM ecotec supercharger. Now that the Cobalt is out, I went to my dealership and asked them about a supercharger for my 2.2 cavy ecotec.

MSRP around $5300 without install charges. Of course I figure their install would add at least another grand.

Checked repeatedly about RSM and have heard a few complaints abut reliability, but not sure of the truth to them.

I do know that they offer a stage II kit at 5400 plus between 300-1000 install charges I would imagine. This is cheaper than the GM one….

Now the RSM basher guy has some points. If someone had more money to spend on a car, why not go cheap. However, I see no cheaper than the RSM.

AS far as more for my money, I am debating on just simply getting one of the 3.8 sc engines out of a grand prix or something.

Anyone know if the swap would be more or less than installing a blower?
Thursday, February 24, 2005 9:00 AM
Quote:

A.) A 2002 LS sport with GM supercharger, a body kit, nitrous, rims, and sound system (about a 4 grand investment in mods) or..........................

THIS STATEMENT SHOWS HOW MUCH OF AN IDIOT YOU ARE

GM SUPERCHARGER AT THE ABSOLUTE LEAST AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU ARE TALKING 2500-3000 THAT LEAVES YOU WITH 1500-1000 DOLLARS

NITROUS -- WHICH KIT DO YOU PLAN ON GETTING AND WHAT SHOT DO YOU EXPECT TO RUN -- MINIMUIM FOR A GOOD KIT $500 BEFORE SHIPPING,

BODY KIT -- THIS IS A MOD WHICH IS A WASTE OF MONEY ANYWAYS BUT LETS SAY YOU FIND A NICE URETHENE BODY KIT FOR $700 YOU BUY SOME CHEAP A$$ PAINT AT MAACO FOR $350 YOU ARE ALREADY AT 15050 DOLLARS BEFORE RIMS AND A SOUND SYSTEM.

RIMS AND TIRES - $800 FOR CHEAP ONES

SOUND SYSTEM DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT -- AT LEAST $700 UP TO ABOUT 2000

SO YOUR FANTASY OPTION A WOULD NEVER HAPPEN -- AT MOST YOU CAN GET THE GM SUPER CHARGER AND 45 HP AND THEN A 35 SHOT WHICH WILL GIVE YOU ABOUT 80 HP AND THE COST OF A REFILL EVERY WEEK OR TWO.

SO THE KIT IS NOT THAT BAD OF A DEAL IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT QUALITY PRODUCTS AND BUILDING YOUR CAR THE RIGHT WAY YOU ARE GOING TO EVENTUALLY HAVE TO OPEN UP THE DAMN CHECK BOOK

I HAVE ALSO READ SOME OF YOUR TURBO POSTS RECENTLY AND COME TO FIND OUT YOU REALLY NO VERY LITTLE ABOUT FORCED INDUCTION OR THE COST OF HAVING A DECENTLY FAST CAR --- I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH YOU I JUST DO NOT WANT SOMEONE ELSE TO SWAY THIER DECISION ON BUYING A PART BECAUSE SOMEONE WITH VERY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE ON A SUBJECT IS RUNNING HIS MOUTH

HERE IS WHAT I RECOMEND -- I WOULD THINK YOU KNOW HOW TO DO RESEARCH CONSIDERING YOU ATTEND MED SCHOOL ---

I WOULD SUGGEST READING AND ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS ABOUT TURBO CHARGING OR SUPER CHARGING YOUR VEHICLE BEFORE YOU MAKE A POST TELLING OTHERS WHAT TO DO -- I CAN SEE WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN HERE THE GM SUPER CHARGER WILL NOT COME OUT AND YOU WILL BUY A TURBO KIT FROM A COMPANY AND YOUR CHEAP A$$ WILL NOT SPEND THE MONEY TO GET IT TUNED PROPERLY AND WE WILL HAVE ANOTHER BLOWN ECO POST IN WHICH YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT BUYING A "REALIABLE KIT" AND YOU STILL THREW A ROD AND DO NOT KNOW WHY --

NOW IF THE GM CHARGER COMES OUT AND IS LIKE 3000 IT WILL BE AN IDIOT PROOF KIT AND THEY WILL RE-FLASH THE ECU FOR YOU OTHER THEN THAT TO GET A REALIABLE FORCED INDUCTION UPGRADE YOU WILL SPEND 3000-6000 DOLLARS -- 3000 IF YOU BUILD A KIT YOUR SELF AND THEN HAVE SOME ONE TUNE IT FOR YOU

GOOD LUCK AND STOP MAKING POSTS THAT MAKE NO DAMN SENSE --- I PERSONALLY DO NOT WANT TO KNOW YOU GOT RIPPED OFF AND SPENT 17,000 ON YOUR CAR ---

Thursday, February 24, 2005 9:02 AM
Quote:

AS far as more for my money, I am debating on just simply getting one of the 3.8 sc engines out of a grand prix or something.

WAY MORE THEN A BLOWER -- SOMEONE ON HERE HAS DONE IT AND I THINK HE SAID IT COAST HIM LIKE 8-12 GRAND

Thursday, February 24, 2005 10:46 AM
- 99+ engine (I say this because the TB was redesigned in 99 for better flow and some PCM settings are different) but an older engine will work too.
- 3800 PCM
- 3800 engine harness
- All accessories and brackets that come with the 3800
- 2000+ 2.2l 5-speed tranny
- Custom flywheel (Racetech)
- 2.2 clutch (I recommend bully Clutches)
- 2000+ shifter assembly and cables (if you have a pre 2000 car)
- 2000+ master (if you have a pre 2000 car)
- 2000+ axles for the 2.2l if you don't already have them
- Custom subframe and mounts (Double Z Automotive)
- Custom wiring harness (Double Z Automotive) The 3800 harness will not plug into the bulkhead of a j-body)
- Oil filter housing that puts the oil filter at a 45 degree angle to the crank pully not the one that puts it at a 90 degree angle (there are two from the factory)
- Oil filter relocation kit
- Custom tuned PCM (Digital Horsepower wil tune the stock 3800 PCM)
- Your stock power steering lines will have to be rebent
- Custom downpipe (local exhaust shop) If you want to run aftermarket headers a section of the firewall will have to be cut out and a tunnel built for them and you will lose your heater box
- Custom intake setup
- A/C delete pulley (you do have room for the A/C compressor but running the lines would be a pain
- Custom rad hoses (can be peiced together using the rad hoses from a 2nd gen)
- Battery moved to the trunk (there is room for it under the hood but a new battery tray would have to be made.

--------- this is what is required for the 3800 swap ---------------------------

Thursday, February 24, 2005 11:02 AM
here is a link to raven's car he has oreformed that swap

click here

a post with some good pics and info

here 3800 swap

Thursday, February 24, 2005 11:03 AM
Wow, it's not to hard to analyze people like you 04 ecolssport. I bought my car early in 02 before the rebates set in. Not much i can do about that, so technically i didn't get hosed. If I knew there was a rebate on the way, I would have waited, but there's no way to predict those things. You and 97 cavie need to understand that before you start yapping.

I can't help but take pity on people like you who got hosed by guys like Craig. Obviously you are upset as you are doing nothing but trying to take cheap shots at me: "blow my car away in a race, jackass... blah blah blah." You must have small penis syndrome. Congrats on the engineering degree. At least you have that going for you. I'm not ordering people by telling them how to spend their money, I simply said it is a waste to blow 4 grand on a supercharger on a cheap car. You are an engineer, so you must understand the math behind that. Now granted that a lot of people on here really love their cavs (I know I do) but the majority of us wouldn't be too thrilled about paying that kind of money on a supercharger. Also, if GM makes another mistake like they did with the 2.4 charger, then I wouldn't spend the money on it either. I'm sorry if you lack the common sense to understand this.

I am asking about turbo's because I have been told that they will produce a lot more power than superchargers and can be considerably less expensive. Please don't post your BS on why to buy a super over a turbo, as I am not interested in hearing it. I have enough money for a turbo kit, so I was considering it. All I was asking for was a professional opinion..... buddy. I'm not "running my mouth" about knowing more about chargers.... again you are blowing my posts out of context. Please quote my line where I was claiming to be the be all know all on chargers. I'll tell you what I do know more about than you and that's math. Hahahaha... pretty funny considering you are an engineering major. You really need a chill pill though.

As for the extensive narrative on my letter "B" comment, you are looking too deeply into it. It is a simple point which you failed to grasp. All it means is that you can get a lot more to improve your car with 4 grand than simply buying a supercharger.
Thursday, February 24, 2005 11:22 AM
Hey Craig....

What is your number. I seriously want to order one of your superchargers. Tell me what the breakdown on price is. Why does it cost 3900? Tell me old buddy old pal.
Thursday, February 24, 2005 11:29 AM
Hmm highly doubt you know more about math then me --- but as far as a small penis - think what you want I know were i have been blessed and have never had any complaints. I was simply stating that a good turbo set up that would be "realiable" will cost you at least 3 grand. A turbo is probably going to be more efficient if you are looking for tons of power b/c of the easy upgradability but it will cost you a pretty peny to mantain which you had already said you were not willing to spend b/c "4 grand on a cavalier is a rediculous:"

really I was not bashing just giving you a little advice to help you out. If you decide to go turbo plan on spending at least 3 grand and probably more.

I myself have been waiting for the GM Charger to come out but it continues to get puched back and I want power I have plenty of cash (do not pay for school full scholarship's rule) so this would be a good option especially if they tune it for free I would even do the install considering everything added to my car has been done with my own labor

good luck with the Turbo hunt -- the most complete kits out would be the Haas stage 2 and the Hahn stage 2 and both are priced fairly around 3200-4000 --

the only reason I would suggest a supercharger is reliabilty -- if you want fast go turbo

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search