RSM supercharger 04 SF GT - Page 3 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: RSM supercharger 04 SF GT
Monday, February 21, 2005 2:17 PM
hey craig you guys have any pics of the kit? (on a car)

Monday, February 21, 2005 8:43 PM
Here's the stage 2. I'll see what I can do about a stage 1

Monday, February 21, 2005 10:14 PM
hey craig you guy have any better pics of the s/c's on the 2.4 ??

Monday, February 21, 2005 10:17 PM
The batery was relocated on this car. normally we use a custom tray and fit it in the engine bay. This one has the additional piping that is not normally included in the kit.

Monday, February 21, 2005 10:20 PM
Hey Craig I love the RSM setup, I was wondering if you had any pics, of a 2200, and where the pulley meets the belt, I am curious as to how you wrap the belt around the S/c pulley.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 5:11 AM
Best I can do for now.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:27 AM
Hey Snuggles.......

post up some of those pics i took for the catalogue....there are some different angles people may enjoy taking a peek at.
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:48 AM
yeah i guess i shoulda specifed a bit more , ive been on the site and saw that pic and the pic of the red 2.4

different angles , and closer views is what i was after

did you get my email craig ?

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:50 AM
Yea I have seen that pic from the site, its cool. If you get a chance I would apperciate it. I have looked everywhere on every site to find a pulley pic.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 10:11 AM
Hey Craig,

Thanks for telling me to check my facts. Here's what I found out:

1.) Cavs/Cobalts from Lordstown are not just assembled there, they are fully manufactured. Just like Cadillacs are fully manufactured in Lansing (where I live).

2.) Your kit is still a rip off.

If I had the 4 grand to blow on my car, I'd have a hell of a lot more than a supercharger. Not that having a supercharger isn't great.... it's just not great when it costs 4 grand. It would make more sense financially and mechanically to sell my car and take the money for that as well as the 4 grand I was going to spend and go get a Cobalt SS. Do the math. So like I said before.... enough said!
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 10:40 AM
if you think 4 grand is a rip off tell ls1 f-body guys not to spend 6-7grand on a vortec kit for there cars and tell them its a rip off, when that kit alone will make them go from mid 13's to low 12 in the 1/4 mile with just that. but no 6 grand isnt worth it. yywlssport 02 you seem like the kind of guy that wants to spend money on the car but thinks a 70 dollar strutbar is expensive, do us all a favor and stop coming on here and stop modifying your car.

Visit High Rev Motorsports for all your High Performance needs.

Visit RSM Racing for j-body superchargers, throttle bodies, and much more.

Visit Cobalt SS.Net and sign up to get the latest info on the cobalt and all other delta platform cars

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 10:58 AM
yes, i do think that 4 grand is a lot to spend on a car that's worth barely 10 grand. What else do you want me to say? I've made that point several times. Now, if i wasn't in med school and i had a ton of money to spend, i wouldn't be driving a cavalier. I'd be in a vette. People own cavaliers b/c they are inexpensive, IDIOT! I have some mods on my car like a cold air intake, cat back exhaust and tint, but all that stuff didn't cost a fortune. Not bashing cavs, b/c i love mine and it is my 4th one, but at the same time, it's not a vette (the comercials remind us of that). Point being that you shouldn't have to blow 4 grand for one friggin mod. Take it from this point of view.....

my car was 17K brand new. Lets say it came with the RSM supercharger. Now the price of the car is 21.5K Sounds like a lot for a cavalier. Wouldn't it be smarter and faster for that matter to go blow that cash on a G6 or another equivalent upscale vehicle? I feel bad that you lack common sense, but if you want to give RSM all of your money then go ahead. I'll keep it in mind when the GM supercharger comes out later this year.
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 12:19 PM
17grand is alot of money, I paid $9999.00 back in 01, for my 2000 cavy, So lets say I sink 4 grand into the cavy for a s/c I still come out way ahead of you. The point is maybe 4 grand does seem outrageous for you but to someone else its a great price.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 1:10 PM
ywlssport 02 wrote:yes, i do think that 4 grand is a lot to spend on a car that's worth barely 10 grand. What else do you want me to say? I've made that point several times. Now, if i wasn't in med school and i had a ton of money to spend, i wouldn't be driving a cavalier. I'd be in a vette. People own cavaliers b/c they are inexpensive, IDIOT! I have some mods on my car like a cold air intake, cat back exhaust and tint, but all that stuff didn't cost a fortune. Not bashing cavs, b/c i love mine and it is my 4th one, but at the same time, it's not a vette (the comercials remind us of that). Point being that you shouldn't have to blow 4 grand for one friggin mod. Take it from this point of view.....

my car was 17K brand new. Lets say it came with the RSM supercharger. Now the price of the car is 21.5K Sounds like a lot for a cavalier. Wouldn't it be smarter and faster for that matter to go blow that cash on a G6 or another equivalent upscale vehicle? I feel bad that you lack common sense, but if you want to give RSM all of your money then go ahead. I'll keep it in mind when the GM supercharger comes out later this year.

dude you make no freakin sense , cause you counterdict your self , so just leave it alone , and go post else were

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 1:14 PM
Man, this thread ALMOST got back on track, until, well...ah...why bother, he isn't worth the keystrokes.

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time and for those 15 seconds, I realize, I need boost.
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 6:03 AM
ywlssport 02 wrote:Hey Craig,

Thanks for telling me to check my facts. Here's what I found out:

1.) Cavs/Cobalts from Lordstown are not just assembled there, they are fully manufactured. Just like Cadillacs are fully manufactured in Lansing (where I live).

2.) Your kit is still a rip off.

If I had the 4 grand to blow on my car, I'd have a hell of a lot more than a supercharger. Not that having a supercharger isn't great.... it's just not great when it costs 4 grand. It would make more sense financially and mechanically to sell my car and take the money for that as well as the 4 grand I was going to spend and go get a Cobalt SS. Do the math. So like I said before.... enough said!

Hmm. Like I said, you are entitled to your opinion. Moding any car isn't an investment. It's a passion. If you are planning on modding a car to make coin...good luck with that. lately Barret Jackson has been selling modded cars for more. Jackson is the biggest scam around in the car business. Most of those people are paying the extra money to be on TV. Mybe similar to the joy you seem to get by flaming on a public forum. I have already admited that putting a ton of cash into any car isn't really a rational choice. It's all about making your own choices. If it's not worth it to you...fine. if you want to have a unique car. If you can quantify the look on that Honda drivers face when you smoke him...I'd say that's worth a ton. You have done the math for yourself...good stuff. Let others do their math.

As far as our kits being a "Rip off"....seriously...go price shopping. Your are not hurting my feelings.

Last I recal, the engines were not designed or built at the Lordstown plant. I could be wrong???

Like you say so boldly...Enough said.

Dan, I don't have those photos outside of the PDF.

Hopefully I can get some more pics shortly. I won't be back in the office until next Monday.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 10:04 AM
Yes, my car was 17 grand, but it's also a fully loaded LS sport and not a base cavalier like yours, so you are not way ahead. Thanks for playing.

As for Craig, I have this to say. I would never give my friends (who all own souped up rice burners) the satisfaction of knowing that I got hosed on a 4 grand supercharger. I'm sure if they knew that I blew that kind of cash on that one mod they would explode with laughter. The good thing is that I get the respect now with the way my car is because I pay a hell of a lot lower car payment than all of them (esp my buds with the RSX's) and I have no problem keeping up speedwise. So, buddy why dont you tell me which car you would rather have:

A.) A 2002 LS sport with GM supercharger, a body kit, nitrous, rims, and sound system (about a 4 grand investment in mods) or..........................

B.) A 2002 LS sport with RSM supercharger and nothing else (also about a 4 grand investment).

There isn't one person on this forum who would choose car B over car A. As you so franky say, "Car modding is a passion". Most passionate people (who have common sense) will be patient and go with Car A. In fact, not one of you guys who is supporting Craig has made any sort of a valid point against my case. So please, if you are going to post back, say something meaningful. Trying to play trivia with me about where cars are assembled, or how much a cavalier initally costs is nothing more than you reacting like whining children. Don't try to insult me to justify your decision to buy Craig's supercharger.
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 10:28 AM
A.) A 2002 LS sport with GM supercharger, a body kit, nitrous, rims, and sound system (about a 4 grand investment in mods) or..........................

B.) A 2002 LS sport with RSM supercharger and nothing else (also about a 4 grand investment).

C.) A 2002 LS sport or Grand Am SE with RSM supercharger and whatever the hell else we want to do because its our money (4 grand or more).

You forgot to add "C". Some of us have more than $4,000 to spend because we work and aren't in med school. We've worked for years and moved into positions where a single $4000 mod isn't that big an issue anymore altho it is to you and your entitled to that opinion.
We've heard your opinion, recognize it but at the end of the day, at this point, we just don't care about your opinion. Nobody has agreed with you in this thread, I'm sure if you start another thread, I'm sure you'll find many who share your views. This is not what this thread was about.

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time and for those 15 seconds, I realize, I need boost.
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 10:46 AM
Ok lets look at my BASE Cavalier over your LS

Starting cost. Base $9999.00 Vs. LS $17,000.

What do you get that is worth 7 grand over me. hmm power windows, and locks, and a sunroof, and cd player.

I have a sunroof cost $300
Cd player $200
Power locks $150 bucks,
I do not have power windows cause I dont want them. So my toal is $650

Now add the car and you have basicly $10,650. vs your $17,000.
Thats how I am ahead of you. Granted you might have a differnt engine than me, but Thats why Craig offers a S/c kit for my car. So let me get that and I will still come out ahead of your Stock 17,000 stating price. Now do you see, Game over.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 11:06 AM
This is exaclty the kind of idiocy I am talking about. Ken, you make absolutely no sense. In fact you are insulting everyone on this forum that has a Z24 or LS sport which was purchased brand new. If you want a break down of why your car costs less, then see the price sticker and adjustments that come with owning a BETTER cavalier. Sorry to insult you, but you asked for it. Just for @!#$s and giggles though, you left out:

-better body kit
-better rims (not hubcaps)
-a far superior stereo (both sound and CD)
-better exhaust
-sliding sunroof
-keyless entry/passive alarm
-better bucket seats
-power windows
-cruise
-tilt
-a/c
-and of couse the most important part, a far superior motor (one that doesn't run on squirrel power like the 2.2 OHV)
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 11:06 AM
ywlssport 02 wrote:Yes, my car was 17 grand, but it's also a fully loaded LS sport and not a base cavalier like yours, so you are not way ahead. Thanks for playing.

As for Craig, I have this to say. I would never give my friends (who all own souped up rice burners) the satisfaction of knowing that I got hosed on a 4 grand supercharger. I'm sure if they knew that I blew that kind of cash on that one mod they would explode with laughter. The good thing is that I get the respect now with the way my car is because I pay a hell of a lot lower car payment than all of them (esp my buds with the RSX's) and I have no problem keeping up speedwise. So, buddy why dont you tell me which car you would rather have:

There isn't one person on this forum who would choose car B over car A. As you so franky say, "Car modding is a passion". Most passionate people (who have common sense) will be patient and go with Car A. In fact, not one of you guys who is supporting Craig has made any sort of a valid point against my case. So please, if you are going to post back, say something meaningful. Trying to play trivia with me about where cars are assembled, or how much a cavalier initally costs is nothing more than you reacting like whining children. Don't try to insult me to justify your decision to buy Craig's supercharger.

You seem to be forgetting one simple fact in the part of your arguement that I put in bold. THERE IS NO S/C FOR THE ECO AVAILABLE FROM GM!!! You may say that they have one for the Cobalt, and that's correct. But to buy one from GM for your Cavalier, not gonna happen. And if GM does release one for sale, it will more than likely cost MORE than what Craig is charging for his kit. Why would I say that? Because when the S/C was released for the LD9 guys, it was $7000.

I am interested in the S/C from RSM as well, but I have to save up a bit for it. When I'm ready, I'll talk to Craig. I have purchased from him in the past, and I was very impressed by the treatment I received. The last time I did anything at the dealership, I was treated poorly, and with minimal concern as to what I thought. I think it's MY money, and therefore I will spend it where I will. And if I think that Craig is worth a few extra dollars, for the personal touches that one receives from him and his staff, so be it. Calling other people dumb, or trying to scare people away from one of the few companies that produces aftermarket goodies for our cars, is, in your words, "acting like a whining child".

I am not trying to insult, I'm just pointing out, your math may be correct, but your arguement is flawed.

I may not know much about cars, but I know two things....
1) Breaking things is expensive, and
2) Horsepower isn't cheap.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 11:14 AM
Zman2k2 wrote:
ywlssport 02 wrote:Yes, my car was 17 grand, but it's also a fully loaded LS sport and not a base cavalier like yours, so you are not way ahead. Thanks for playing.

You seem to be forgetting one simple fact in the part of your arguement that I put in bold. THERE IS NO S/C FOR THE ECO AVAILABLE FROM GM!!! You may say that they have one for the Cobalt, and that's correct. But to buy one from GM for your Cavalier, not gonna happen. And if GM does release one for sale, it will more than likely cost MORE than what Craig is charging for his kit. Why would I say that? Because when the S/C was released for the LD9 guys, it was $7000.

I am interested in the S/C from RSM as well, but I have to save up a bit for it. When I'm ready, I'll talk to Craig. I have purchased from him in the past, and I was very impressed by the treatment I received. The last time I did anything at the dealership, I was treated poorly, and with minimal concern as to what I thought. I think it's MY money, and therefore I will spend it where I will. And if I think that Craig is worth a few extra dollars, for the personal touches that one receives from him and his staff, so be it. Calling other people dumb, or trying to scare people away from one of the few companies that produces aftermarket goodies for our cars, is, in your words, "acting like a whining child".

I am not trying to insult, I'm just pointing out, your math may be correct, but your arguement is flawed.

Hmmmm how is my argument flawed? Granted at this moment in time there is no eco 2.2 supercharger avail from GM. The key thing to remember is that there's nothing available YET. YET is the key word buddy. So please point out how being patient is the equivalent of being flawed.
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 11:17 AM
Most of you guys arguing with me are from Canada correct? I guess I can see why the support of Craig is pretty strong.
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 11:19 AM
Quote:

Most of you guys arguing with me are from Canada correct? I guess I can see why the support of Craig is pretty strong.

What has that got to do with anything. More than 80% of RSm's business is in the US anyway.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 11:30 AM
Yes you are right I letf out some stuff.

-better body kit -----Thats your opinion, I get high snow drifts where I dont want to have to worry about this.
-better rims (not hubcaps) Most people who mod there car, but after maket anyways.
-a far superior stereo (both sound and CD) This I covered.
-better exhaust ------ wow you got the $25.00 muffler over the $20.00 one
-sliding sunroof----Could have got this too would have been $700 instead of $300
-keyless entry/passive alarm-----I forgot about this stuff, I give that to you.
-better bucket seats ---- better as in how, powered. ok
-power windows----covered this also
-cruise---I can pick this up for $150.00
-tilt--- Dont need it
-a/c--- comes stock.

Ok so I forgot about lets say to be nice $1000.00 of stuff thats my cost to get it now. I still wont be up to your stock price, even if I added all of that stuff, and the RSM kit.....

So heres car A. Stock LS cavalier. $17,000
Or car B. Superchargered, fullely loaded, with a sound system, and all the power do dads as yours, for $15,000.

What would you guys prefer??? If you had to choose one that is.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search