RSM supercharger 04 SF GT - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: RSM supercharger 04 SF GT
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 10:37 AM
http://www.motorsportsdigest.com/forced-vor.htm Go to this page please tell us what do you mean by questionable reliability ? Warranty is important how ever there are lots of owners of new cars that will tell you that there dealer will not provide a warranty repair on a 100 % stock vehicle. The dealer can refuse repair on nothing more than one technicians opinion as to the cause of the defect it could be the way you drive! So do like I did talk to your dealer first see what they have to say about your planed modification(s) Mine will honour my warranty exception would be damage caused directly by the modification.If you can live with that great . I am a Heavy Duty Diesel Tech. so if some component fails I think I will be able to prove one way or another why there was a failure. As for what you paid for the car and the cost of modifications. Hang up your keys and take the bus you will save money for sure!!!! Sorry you may still be the laughing stock of your friends.

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 11:59 AM
Thanks, I know how a warranty works. Fortunately I have only 17,000 miles on my car and my warranty isn't dead until late 05. Also, I don't live 15 min from RSM, so it would still be tough for me if it broke down. It's cool that you guys want the RSM, but I'm telling you that it's just dumb. Come on... 4 grand for that thing?! I thought that included the installation. Thank god, I can do it myself, but I'm still not going to spend 4 grand on a car that has an ACV of about $9,500. That's US for you Canadian guys. Just think of how you will feel when GM releases their supercharger later this year and people are paying half of what you will pay. Good luck with that though. In the end, the laugh will be on you and you will be the ones on the bus when that POS from RSM breaks down.
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 12:02 PM
Oh yeah I almost forgot the queer laughing face for RSM guys on the bus..... here you go:
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 12:11 PM
PS.... as for who told me about RSM supercharger being junk. It was the guys from Lordstown Ohio... you know... the people that ACTUALLY BUILD the Cobalt SS and the Z24 and the LS sport. I talked to them about it at the Detroit auto show. They were at the Cobalt SS display. Somehow, I think they know more about cavaliers than you, even though u are a diesel tech. Thanks for your input though.
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 12:14 PM
actually i havent heard of anyone with the rsm kit blowing a motor

and i think 1 or 2 with the GM s/c have had motor issues

all the rest have been turbo related

ive got over 4,000.00 in to the crappy turbo kit that was done on my cav , and that is includidng the cost to replace the motor cause the company didnt bother to set anything up correctly

if i had all that money back id have a rsm s/c on my cav , and be happy

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 12:43 PM
Quote:

Just think of how you will feel when GM releases their supercharger later this year and people are paying half of what you will pay.

Rather "if" versus "when" just ask the 2.4TC guys. Nobody knows an actual price yet, and the GM SC was not cheap when it was released, as it is now.

Quote:

as for who told me about RSM supercharger being junk. It was the guys from Lordstown Ohio... you know... the people that ACTUALLY BUILD the Cobalt SS and the Z24 and the LS sport. I talked to them about it at the Detroit auto show.

Congratulations but don't ya think they're opinion would a JUST a little biased. Altho I ain't takin' anything away from their stuff.
Quote:

Come on... 4 grand for that thing?!

It would cost me at least $3500CAD for the GM kit installed right now (assuming I had a 2.4TC), that's IF I used every dealer connection I have, price isn't the issue.
Quote:

It's cool that you guys want the RSM, but I'm telling you that it's just dumb. Come on... 4 grand for that thing?! I thought that included the installation.

We're cool but dumb? Make up your damn mind! Make some calls to RSM before speaking and also check the price of kits for other cars on Vortec's site, pricing is right inline with RSM kits.

This started as a pretty good thread but unfortunately has lost its value considerably. Now, where is that "remove from e-mail list" button?

Grand Am Ecotec 2.2L 16V DOHC 5spd.
***Awaiting Eco-Boost from ???***
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 1:01 PM
Wow 3500 Canadian installed. INSTALLED is the key word. Take away the labor and you are looking at what... about.... 2700 Canadian. Thats about 2200 US. Thanks for proving my point. US cost for RSM for the twin cam 2.4 is also 3900. Sounds like an ass raping if I ever heard one. Don't worry, I'm sure the guys at RSM will be real happy with all of your money.
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 1:41 PM
At the end of the day, there is more at hand here between RSM and myself that negates any point you make. I don't wanna argue this anymore because its pointless.

So if it makes you feel better, you win, there.

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time and for those 15 seconds, I realize, I need boost.
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 2:31 PM
I worked at Lordstown For 31 years--The guys that go to the Auto show Are usualy just Political friends of someone big -union or company its not based on Knowing anything engineering or mechanical.
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 2:49 PM
I started this thread as a way to let others know about a great experance I had dealing with Craig and RSM racing.I think O2ecogase is right the value of this thread is over.I hope after the other guys and myself have our new RSM superchargers bolted on soon and will be enjoying our cars more than ever. ywlssport O2 and others you go ahead and wait for GM to release the Eaton M62 I hope it works out well for you.Because this was never about who has the lowest price etc.etc. It was about great service from some one I trust Craig Lewis and the company he works for.So guys ......
Cheers & Beers
Chris Orr

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:51 PM
Well said Chris.

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time and for those 15 seconds, I realize, I need boost.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 9:26 PM
I didn't reply to the thread to start an argument. I was simply making a mathematical point. The point is simple: the RSM charger is twice as much as GM's. Thats all. Numbers don't lie. I feel bad that other cavy owners are going to spend about 40 percent of the value of their car on a mod. Most guys that spend 4 grand in mods have a lot more than just a supercharger and a 60hp gain. Enough said.
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 4:36 AM
Wow. This thread has gone to hell. No surprise.

It's well known that GM has no love for Vorteh blowers. That doesn't have any real relevance.

Calling people idiots for spending tons of money on a J body on this site is a little disrespectful. There are countless here that have done just that. Of course it's not rational...it's fun.

Pricing is comparable. If they were not flogging off the Eaton's for the 2.4 at a loss, the price is actually comparable. I have my doubts that the kit can be had for anything less that 4000 in Canada. Maybe if the kit were picked up in the US and brought back secretly, it could be had for less. Without border fees and such. I would bet the Eco kit will have an MSRP similar to the LD9 kit when it came out. 7 grand. That was what the kit first sold for here in Canada. This is a fact. Dealer cost was 5000. Of course it has been reduced since. J body owners think because their cars are inexpensive, everything for them should be too. For those who think this way...give your head a shake.

Diesel techs probably have a great advantage dealing with FI.

Lordstown guys...please don't take offence. Have they ever built an FI car yet??? Even if they have, does that mean that they had anything to do with the power train? Other that bolting it in.

I am proud to sell these kits. The Eco has shown itself to be a fantastic motor. We have given it more boost than we offer to the public...it has shrugged it off with no complaint.

ywlssport 02,

Your are certainly entitled to your opinion. You may want to check your facts.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 6:33 PM
Well I guess craig put you all in your place! But in recent times (as it is in the first of the year, every year) rsm has given a huge discount on blower kits wich makes up for alot. Also what is customer service worth to you? What does a GM dealership care about you? and what does RSM care about you? deal with both of them and you'll find out fast ! can you call the GM dealership and they recognize you by your voice? or will they be nice and friendly to you every time you call in to ask stupid questions? RSM has done me right since I bought my 02 cavalier and I wouldn't expect anything less...because great customer service is a RARE must in this day and age. I pitty you all who deal with poop heads that don't give 2 S***s for you or your car.
If your gonna go cheap don't bother. How many times has GM thrown a car show?

ever see office space? gm is wrong. "inatec is wrong" big business=wrong

just my biassed 2 cents. Flame me.....I'm a deep sea diver...i garuntee you wont hurt my feelings

It's just now cutting it's teeth.
Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:52 AM
Craig at RSM...............I thought his name was SNUGGLES?

lol
Thursday, February 17, 2005 12:30 PM
seriously seems like someone needs to go price out vortec kits for honda's before they say rsm is over priced. actually that someone needs to buy a honda.

Visit High Rev Motorsports for all your High Performance needs.

Visit RSM Racing for j-body superchargers, throttle bodies, and much more.

Visit Cobalt SS.Net and sign up to get the latest info on the cobalt and all other delta platform cars
Thursday, February 17, 2005 3:13 PM
Dan Aversa wrote:Craig at RSM...............I thought his name was SNUGGLES?

lol

LOL

Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:55 PM
Doh!! that one's gonna stick isn't it.

Hey Peaches....aka Dan Aversa.

Remember I promissed to sit in your car naked after a Taco Bell lunch....Ever seen the movie supersize me. think about it.

Have you ever smelled fried Eaton blower oil....that's nothin.

Hey Eric,

Don't laugh too hard...you'll be gettin a pet name soon. Hehe.

Aaron,

We have ordered your blower already. We are still waiting for our friends to take care of their end. I'll be working the GM booth at the Autoshow for the next while. Bobby will make sure things are taken care of.

Friday, February 18, 2005 5:35 AM
LOL....ahh Craig...ur the best....LOL
You have that "MIDDLE-AGE" charm.....LOL
Friday, February 18, 2005 9:24 AM
ive had plenty craig , trust me

besides its always good to laugh

LOL

if we cant laugh at our selves , life isnt worth living

Friday, February 18, 2005 9:55 PM
bobbie's taken care of me! He has got my ecu reprogrammed and sent back to me. He also told me that he back orderd blowers and vortech said it would take about 4 weeks. I'm happy with the customer service and I'm glad you all haven't gotten fed up with me calling all the time lol
Oh by the way.... In craigs deffense...they called me snuggles at work for a little while
snuggles=bada**

Saturday, February 19, 2005 5:19 AM
Adam was due to come in yesterday for a few reflashes. Yours was on his desk.

Saturday, February 19, 2005 1:02 PM
Awsome! Thanks Craig! I can't wait anymore lol I feel like a little kid again waiting for christmas to come.

Aaron

Saturday, February 19, 2005 8:22 PM
Hrmm ive been thinking hard these past months about the RSM charger for the ECO!

Just Wait and See..........
Sunday, February 20, 2005 9:18 PM
They are on sale right now. 15% off.

Nobody can decide for you. We can speak directly if you like.

Hehe. Snuggles....Aaron. How long did it last. I'm betting this one's gonna stick for me.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search