RSM supercharger 04 SF GT - Page 7 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: RSM supercharger 04 SF GT
Monday, February 28, 2005 8:14 PM
Hello gentalmen.... oh and you to ywlssport .First thing I want to say is thanks to Craig and the staff at RSM because when I first ordered the kit I was told that it would be about six weeks before it would be ready to ship.Well they beat that! They kept me up to date on what was going on.Now think about this Craig had taken my order over the phone and I used my credit card to pay the full amount I figured it was faster than sending a cheque.My idea not his. You know what Craig did he only charged me what the supercharger cost them to bring here to Canada.And he DID NOT debit the rest of the money until the kit and the rest of the things I bought from him where ready to ship here to Winnipeg. Not my idea his! Dose that sound like a man that is only in it for the money and trying to rip you off?I do not want to speak for any one else that has ordered a supercharger kit from Craig but I bet they have similar stories.I am not going to sleep now until the kit arrives! I will let you know how it goes after I get it all bolted up.Hey Craig since there is no 29th this year today is my birthday sort of so thanks for the good news today! Leap year baby has no real birthday but he has a supercharger on the way woohoo
Cheers and MMMMMmmm Beers
Chris Orr.

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Monday, February 28, 2005 8:39 PM
i always wondered about that leap year birthday crap

caviefreak: Ya know what I like about winter. Ya can get a bunch of beer out of the fridge and put it in the window sill so ya dont have to make as many trips out to the fridge

Monday, February 28, 2005 8:41 PM
Craig Lewis wrote:I'm being ignored now...At least it's better than being called a crook.

So where is this turbo kit that costs 1600?? Link please.

I pieced it together myself, looked around got some good deals and some good prices...

and your stage 1 sc kit is 3999 and stage 2 is 5500...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, February 28, 2005 9:14 PM
damn this thread has gone to hell. i want the last 30 minutes of my life back.

Visit High Rev Motorsports for all your High Performance needs.

Visit RSM Racing for j-body superchargers, throttle bodies, and much more.

Visit Cobalt SS.Net and sign up to get the latest info on the cobalt and all other delta platform cars
Monday, February 28, 2005 9:25 PM
Its cool to see more cavs and fires with the vortech supercharger on here.Theres only a few people on this site with this kit.You will be happy with the power.Just make sure you get us some dyno numbers.
Hey craig,its kinda off topic but.Do you know how much a new charge pipe from the charger to the throttle body will be?Mine got dented when a truck backed up into my hood.Plus its rusty and i want to replace it.If not,ill try to call the shop tommorow to order a new one.Thanks.Good luck with the s/c chris.

Peter
'06 Cobalt ss/sc W/G85 Package
Gm Stage II W/2.79" Pulley
K&N Drop In Filter
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 4:55 AM
Peter,
You have mail.

quickBOOSTEDecotec,

Is this in your car now? Never count your blessings before the deed is done. I any case...what you describe is not a kit. If I'm not mistaken, a new quality turbo shoudl take up most of your budget.

Chris,

Does that mean your technicallly 10 years old.

Happy b-day...sort of.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 5:05 AM
Craig I,m technically 11.25 years old I can hardly wait for puberty to begin! lol

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:19 AM
Quote:

I do not want to speak for any one else that has ordered a supercharger kit from Craig but I bet they have similar stories

Yup, I ordered mine with a significant portion down to confirm my price and order and it should go on the car in mid to late March.

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time and for those 15 seconds, I realize, I need boost.
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:36 AM
okay, I will be honest ... i didnt read all 7 pages of this topic. But I will have to say I didnt see any install pics. All I saw were a stage 1and a stage 2 s/c kit which was not even on his car. Pics are definatly needed.

dan

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 9:01 AM
Craig Lewis wrote:Peter,
You have mail.

quickBOOSTEDecotec,

Is this in your car now? Never count your blessings before the deed is done. I any case...what you describe is not a kit. If I'm not mistaken, a new quality turbo shoudl take up most of your budget.

Chris,

Does that mean your technicallly 10 years old.

Happy b-day...sort of.

not in my car yeah but have every single piece I need including all the little fittings, bolts and screws

apparently you dont know how to shop around very well...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 9:19 AM
i pieced one to gether for about 1700 as well. but i never bought, just researched. came close though...

Vice President - NEJBody
2007 Cobalt SS
2001 Sunfire (retired)

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 9:45 AM
yep of course I will need some other parts so give another 200

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 10:59 AM
I think Craig's point was that turbo kits are comparitively priced in the same ball park as RSM's kit, some more, some less, that's all. I don't think that the cheapest way for boost, beside juice, is to piece out the parts required for a turbo setup and install it yourself. I can't see any kit EVER being cheaper than a DIY method.
But, not everybody has the know-how, space, tools or whatever to accomplish this, hence, why kits are most common.
Just for comparison:

RSM Stage I - $3900
Hahn Stage II - $3795 that was on RKS site, IIRC.

Granted, the Hahn kit will deliver more power but there are tuning issues involved and SC kits are traditionally more reliable as a "bolt-on". Really it all depends on your preference and what you're prepared to do. But DIY piece by piece projects will be cheaper every time.

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time and for those 15 seconds, I realize, I need boost.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:29 PM
Both Chris and Aaron's kits left today.

Happy Boosting.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:57 PM
YEAAAHHHAAAAA... Your the best Craig! So the race begins...who will get theres first
Craig didn't do all that stuff for me, but he was really helpful and listend to me babble alot. And although I don't think Bobbie has a jbody account I have to thank him too because I think I called him twice a day for a week when my computer was gone LOL
Good turn around time!
Chris I have the money order..gona send it tomorow.
Later guys

It's just now cutting it's teeth.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 4:18 PM
02ecogase wrote:I think Craig's point was that turbo kits are comparitively priced in the same ball park as RSM's kit, some more, some less, that's all. I don't think that the cheapest way for boost, beside juice, is to piece out the parts required for a turbo setup and install it yourself. I can't see any kit EVER being cheaper than a DIY method.
But, not everybody has the know-how, space, tools or whatever to accomplish this, hence, why kits are most common.
Just for comparison:

RSM Stage I - $3900
Hahn Stage II - $3795 that was on RKS site, IIRC.

Granted, the Hahn kit will deliver more power but there are tuning issues involved and SC kits are traditionally more reliable as a "bolt-on". Really it all depends on your preference and what you're prepared to do. But DIY piece by piece projects will be cheaper every time.

agreed but then it doesnt take long to know what you gotta do, thats why we have 2 boost faqs and many people, including myself whow ouldnt mind helping out a newb with some boost things, and installing a kit only takes regular tools not expensive gadets are necessarily needed but more for ease

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 5:35 PM
BAM....Now we get to cook up a dish of hauls ass!!! Thanks Craig for all your time and advice. Aaron no rush on it bud.Let me know when yours arrives. I,ll do the same. Thanks again Craig and the crew at RSM.
Beers on the house

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:11 PM
KEN 2.2 wrote:Omg even if Gm didn't give rebates, (or what ever excuse you are using). I would never pay $17,000 for a CAVALIER, cause no matter what, they are all condsidiered your so called "Grocery getter" Hell back in 01 when you bought your car I could have bought a fully loaded Monte Carlo with all the options, for $17,000. And your car is nothing special either, hell you don't even list the crap you have done. I bet you mommy and daddy bought you the car so you would have something dependable to drive to and from school, and they don't let you touch Their car other than driving it. So get lost Newbie, or how about this Walk the talk that you claim and Answer Craig's questions instead of try to flex you E muscles. Sorry about all of the Craig I don't mean to post jack

Interesting..... ask one person on there what they think of the Monte Carlo, because the one you are speaking of is nothing more than a glorified Lumina. The monte's with the 3.8 are upwards of 17K my friend. They are now and they were then in 01. To me, why get a monte that is nothing more than a big bathtub powered by a weak motor for it's size (the 3100).

Funny how you think my parents bought my LS. Well my friend this is my fourth Z24 (1986, 1988, 1999 and now 2002) and I was working for a couple of years before i started school, so i was able to buy on my own. Not to mention I still have my 88 which is low mileage, no winters and still a hell of a lot more impressive and certiainly more ballsy than your POS. One thing's for certain tho... once I reach your age, I definitely wont be caught in a car like yours. Thanks for playing.

As for being a newbie, well I guess I haven't invested a lot of time to J-bod.org but i have had this sn for over a year. I just log on for information. I'm not hell bent on showing peeps what my car looks like or what mods I have. I mentioned earlier what I have done to my LS, which isn't much (tint, Borla catback, aem cold air, and a sub). That's all.

Craig, I dont care what you say. If you are just breaking a small profit on your charger then y reduce the price 15%? I'm sure you're trying to increase sales, but if you are going to feed me the line that you are just making a small profit, then you are full of it. Please provide me with an itemized list of how you clowns arrive at a price of 3900. I know that you keep challenging me to find a better deal, but seeing as how you have control on the eco charger market (the only kit currently avail), i can't find anything to compare it to for our cars.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:14 PM
Quote:

agreed but then it doesnt take long to know what you gotta do, thats why we have 2 boost faqs and many people, including myself whow ouldnt mind helping out a newb with some boost things, and installing a kit only takes regular tools not expensive gadets are necessarily needed but more for ease

Agreed and point well taken, I guess everyoen has their own comfort levels.

Quote:

BAM....Now we get to cook up a dish of hauls ass!!! Thanks Craig for all your time and advice.

Me too, me too. I talked to Craig today and RSM installs mine on the 16th, woo-hoo!

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:19 PM
Oh one more thing just for sh*ts and giggles:

Cavalier connection ecotec turbocharger kit: $2500

Installation and tuning at Pres Kool Chevrolet (Michigan): $525

RSM charger and installation: $4700

Total money saved by making the right choice: $1675

Having six psi of boost (or more if you want) and the ability to kill RSM charged Cav's:
PRICELESS!!

**Please don't fire back about the risk involving turbo's.....I already know. Just keeping it in mind in case my patients run out waiting for GM.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:20 PM
Quote:

Please don't fire back about the risk involving turbo's.....I already know.
But there's risk & tuning involving tubo's.

If the Cav Conn is such a great deal as you stated, then why don't you just go ahead and buy one instaed of raising hell around here for no apparent reason.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:29 PM
Thats wild Brian!
Quote:

Me too,me too.I talked to Craig today and RSM installs mine on 16th,Woo-HOO!
Let us know how yours runs boosted.
Chris.O

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:29 PM
chris orr wrote:Thats wild Brian!
Quote:

Me too,me too.I talked to Craig today and RSM installs mine on 16th,Woo-HOO!
Let us know how yours runs boosted.
Chris.O

Will do, I guess I'll have the JBO's first boosted n-body, lol.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:33 PM
sorry theres an rsm supercharged grand am around here somewhere, has an fmic too

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:09 PM
you are also talking about a kit (cav connection) that has no intercooler and nothing to address fuel -- I am not saying you will blow your motor - I just would never do that to my car (above 4 psi anyways). (this is coming from a guy who goes threw about a bottle a week on a 75 shot).

I would feel OK putting the stage 1 rsm charger on my car but to each his own.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search