RSM supercharger 04 SF GT - Page 5 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: RSM supercharger 04 SF GT
Thursday, February 24, 2005 11:35 AM
ywlssport I do understand what you are saying I have spent 3 grand on my car thus far and it handles with anything and I ran a 13.8 at the track not to mention I have a decent system --- I would just like a constant 220 hp and I know it will cost money so either I will buy a new car or keep this one and boost it

Thursday, February 24, 2005 11:38 AM
sorry but 3315.00 is what the stage 1 will come out to with the 15% discount so that is not too bad of a deal --

Thursday, February 24, 2005 12:01 PM
Dude, don't brag about how much money you have or what you got for school. It makes you sound bad. You might think it sounds cool, but when other people hear you say it, they think you are arrogant. Also, thanks for pointing out how you do your own work. Subtle comments like that don't bother me because I have probably done more engine pulls, clutch changes, tune ups, etc than a lot of people in this forum. Yes, I'm sure there is someone who has done more, but the point is, don't try to subtly insult my intelligence. As for the advice on turbo/supers, maybe you shouldn't be giving any if you aren't even boosted. I like how your post was somewhat apologetic in that you were "just trying to give me advice" That goes along real well with jackass and my car being slow. It is good however that you realize that you may have exploded excessively.

So you are waiting for the GM charger... well why is that? I find that amusing in that you spent so much time insulting me when you are really after the same thing I am. Now, Craig and some others spent some time pointing out how the GM 2.4 charger was very expensive when it initially came out, but the price was reduced drastically and is now out of production. This leaves Craig with a monopoly on that market. Well why not drop his price for the eco to what GM charged for the 2.4? I'll tell you why: it's because RSM realizes how much they can fill their pockets on guys like those on this forum who have been waiting forever for some type of boost. It's that simple. Now Craig will probably fire back and tell me that his kit is precision and that the 3900 is just enough for RSM to make a reasonable profit. Lets say best case scenario, GM releases the eco charger and it costs 2700. Do you think that will get Craig's and RSM's attention? You bet your ass it will. There sales will go through the floor and they will reduce their price to compensate for the loss, meaning that they really can sell a kit for cheaper. Either way, I'm not buying it now. And seeing as how I live in GM capital of the US (central Michigan) you can bet that I will be spreading the word to stay away from RSM. Just kidding Craig. I wouldn't do that to ya. Imagine the type of damage you could do if your kit was more reasonably priced though. The flood gates would open up for you because almost every GM 4 cyl is now eco powered.
Thursday, February 24, 2005 12:44 PM
I am far from arrogant and am not bragging -- you initially said that you have x amount of dollars saved up -- i was just stating I am a serious consumer who wants a faster car. So like you said hopefully you can pick up the GM kit for 2700 dollars which is still only 600 less then the RSM stage 1 now --

You are the one that was sounding arrogant with your comments on having a fully loaded cavalier and looking down upon people with 2200's and no options

No I do not have a turbo or supercharger on my car right now but I have installed both in cars and have really good freinds with each not to mention I am in the SAE at usf and have put many hours into building cars from the ground up -- so i do have extensive knowledge on the issue more then alot of poeple who actually have them on thier cars.

Yes he does have a monopoly on the market as of now and even with that is prices are not that bad --- I could care less what you or others might think ---- I am sure he could care less as well ---- I just do jot want to see another parts mani for our cars leave b/c of whinny little biotchs like yourself

Thursday, February 24, 2005 1:28 PM
As far as looking down on the 2200 guys, I have every right to defend my car. He opened up on me first, so he got blasted back. Mess with the bull and get the horns. He was ridiculing how much I bought my car for, so I reminded him that Z24s/LS sports are superior to the 2200. Thus they are more expensive.

Good for you and your friends. Don't forget I live in motor capital of the world and am surrounded by GM wizards. I'll be sure to be in touch with you if i need any work on my car.

I never asked if you cared or not. I pointed out to you what RSM is up to and it's taking advantage of cavy owners with a thurst for boost.

Biotches? Wow, you must be an intelligent person, or just a wigger. It's got to be one of the two. No wonder they gave you a full scholarship. LMAO

Thursday, February 24, 2005 2:01 PM
ywlssport 02 wrote:Wow, it's not to hard to analyze people like you 04 ecolssport. I bought my car early in 02 before the rebates set in. Not much i can do about that, so technically i didn't get hosed. If I knew there was a rebate on the way, I would have waited, but there's no way to predict those things. You and 97 cavie need to understand that before you start yapping.
mply buying a supercharger.

my g/f got her 02 ls sport , right when they were fasing the Z24's out , and she paid less than 14k for it

so you got F'd man

anything else is you digging your own grave

Thursday, February 24, 2005 4:50 PM
Wow, you really are retarded. LS sports were on sale long before Z24's were phased out. In fact, I was deciding between the two when I was purchasing. Now if there was a rebate available when I purchased my car in late 01, I would have known about it. If a car is offered with a factory rebate, then dealerships stand to make no more money by concealing the rebate (this is what you think happened). Your really sad. I feel bad that you have to live in a fantasy world to make yourself feel better. I shopped around a lot before I bought b/c it was my first new car, but I suppose you think you know more. Yeah, I purchased the car, but you probably know more about it than me. Arguing with you is like arguing with a three year old. Go ahead and call your car salesman and ask them if they stand to gain on selling a new car and not offering the factory rebate. Thanks for playing again dummy! hahahahahahahahah! Keep trying. I think you are probably just bitter b/c you have a stripped down grocery-getter version of the cavalier. If anyone got bent over it was you. You are on a forum where most people have a Z or an LS sport if they have cavaliers and with the way you have your car dressed up, it looks like you really would have been better off getting one. You really have to stop posting, it is way too easy to go Hannibal Lecter on you.
Thursday, February 24, 2005 5:23 PM
the eco's were out tell mid year 02 dum ass

Thursday, February 24, 2005 7:14 PM
From my understanding the Gm warrenty is still good when you use the rsm stage one supercharger. $3200 is a lot of money. But the cavalier is a lot of car for the money. I only paid $8500 US for my base model. If I put in a RSM supercharger, I will only have about $12,000 invested. Where are you going to find a late model car for $12,000 that will probably almost run 100 mph in the quarter mile and still get decent gas mileage? You can't. Also, who has information that GM will definetly come out with a supercharger and that it will definetly be cheaper or as powerful as the RSM?
Thursday, February 24, 2005 7:31 PM
Dude, since you're in med-school, no wonder the American healthcare system sucks, you spend all your time here posting useless crap. If you're the future of American healthcare, our southern friends are in serious trouble.

I love OHIP!

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time and for those 15 seconds, I realize, I need boost.
Thursday, February 24, 2005 7:53 PM
Hmm I use one slang term and you pull it out and feast on it like it is a damn T bone steak.

The only sad person in this post is you and yeah you can defend yourself and your car all you want. 97cavy24ls has a 2.4 TC in his car and it is hardly stripped down moron. Yes all the 02 year they were "phasing out" the z24.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basically your argument is that it is absolutely practical to spend 2700 dollars on a GM Supercharger but to spend 3300 on a RSM kit is ridiculous. Even though you get more power with the RSM and the GM one is not out and will not be out for a while.

I would just like to thank you for en-lighting me sooo much. ywlssport 02 you my friend are the man. Your intelligence overwhelms me so. I feel like a real idiot now. I mean with your Keane since of knowledge on cars, engine swaps and the human anatomy I am obviously in way over my head. I do find it gratifying however I could get the rsm charger and my 04 LS sport will still have cost me less then your 02 did stock. I probably have more options then even your grand ls sport also.

If i remember right you were the one who brought up the fact you were in med school and I do commend you for that I know it is very expensive so you might not have 3000-4000 dollars to spend on your car. You have to realize though that others do and when you get out of med school trade the P.O.S. cavalier in and buy a brand new z06 or what ever you want and then you can laugh at all of the people driving around in their 25,000 dollar cavaliers. i just would not come on to a j -body web site and do it. Yes I too love my damn car but one of the best days of my life is going to be when I am done with school and I can take my car to a dealership and buy whatever the f*ck I want.

I would just like it if you can make your damn point which you have loud and clear

"The RSM kit is a rip off DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY"

and move on I am sure that no one else will bother you or argue with you at all. They will leave you alone just leave them alone.

-----CRAIG AND WHOEVER MADE THE ORIGINAL POST SORRY FOR THE HI-JACK ----

Thursday, February 24, 2005 8:02 PM
And He is forgetting one major thing here. The RSM uses a Vortech blower, that is cappablie of reaching 15psi, Just like any other turbo out there.

Thursday, February 24, 2005 8:14 PM
yeah but you have to understand he is in the GM capital of the world and he lives around wizards-- I kind of feel bad for the guy i have been to Detroit Michagan a couple of times and thought it sucked --

i am sure he is well aware of the limitations of the roots blower the wizards probably told him all about it.

one good thing i will say about the roots blower is the low end power

FRANK -> i would have to see that in writing technically they cannot void your warranty unless they can prove an aftermarket part caused the problem you have with the car.

And yeah a cavy is a good deal right now and a car that traps in the 90's brand new for 12,000 is a steal

Thursday, February 24, 2005 9:17 PM
Hmmm...now I'm hosing people. I suppose you have the right to say anything you want. Without a real argument or tangible proof, you are simply a bag of hot air.

Please look for yourself to find the prices for the Vortech V9. I'm sure you are capable. Along with this you will need to add in the blow off valve and FMU that we add into each kit. In addition, we need the flanged piping hardware, Thermoflex adapters and mounting brackets. There are various fittings and lines required as well. Last but not least, we need to reflash the computer. I'm sure I have forgotten some things. I believe the point is made and enough information is given to help you do the math for yourself. There is no denying that some profit must be made on any product we manufacture. we are a business. That's nothing to apologise for .After labor, facilities, utilities, insurance, taxes, development costs and so on...there is little left. If you believe it's so very profitable, why not start up a shop for yourself. According to your assertion, you should be able to match a doctors salary easily.

Why not find a link to a blower kit for any car that has a cheaper price.

I have already admitted that the rational behind putting a great deal of money into any car may be off. This is a personal choice. The rewards can only be measured by the person making the choice. Not by some anonymous bully on the net.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. If it's the point I have reiterated above, then you win.

If your point is that I am ripping people off...please show me with fact. I assure all that our profit margin barely makes these kits worth while. Since 2.4 kits are still on the market, your point that we would drop the price to be competitive is mute. We simply can't match the flogged GM kits price. It is being sold at a great loss.

I'm sure the point that is coming across to all here is that you are just hoping to get a little attention. It must be worth it to you. I'm happy we are fulfilling your needs in some way.

Thursday, February 24, 2005 9:37 PM
craig just a few ?'s

1. HOW LONG IS THE 15% SALE GOING TO LAST
2. I HAD HEARD IF YOU PURCHASE A SUPERCHARGER FROM YOU GUYS YOU WILL INSTALL AND TUNE IT FOR FREE IF THE PERSON DRIVES UP THERE?
3. STOCK BOOST ON STAGE 1 IS 6 PSI YOU GUYS SELL SMALLER PULLEYS AND WHAT DO YOU RECOMEND IF WE WANT A LITTLE MORE BOOST (LIKE 8PSI)
4. I HAVE NOT DONE A WHOLE LOT OF RESEARCH ON VORTEC BLOWERS AND NITROUS BUT I AM GUESING THAT IT WILL WORK WITH A WET KIT ALOT BETTER THEN A ROOTS TYPE BLOWER (THE GAS EATS THE BLADES ON A ROOTS BLOWER)

Thursday, February 24, 2005 9:48 PM
Increasing boost ont he stage one can be tricky. I am not comfotable reducing the blower pulley size any more. Increasing the cam drive unit is tricky. A little cutting is needed. We preffer the stage 2 to get more boost. A big blower goes a long way.

I recall we set the end of the month as the ending date. I will ahve to check. I'm a little beat tonight. My memory is trashed at the moment. A deposit will hold this price.

We do not install for free. We need the car for three days. 9 hours for install. The rest of the time to make sure all is well.

There is a fitting on all Vortech for nitrous after the charger.

Friday, February 25, 2005 12:17 AM
yOU STILL HAVE NOT SHOWN ME ANY PROOF THAT GM WILL COME OUT WITH A SUPERCHARGER FOR THE ECOTEC AND THAT IT WILL BE CHEAPER. ANYONE WHO KNOWS CARS KNOWS THAT THE CAVALIER HAS CONTINUALLY GOTTEN BETTER EACH YEAR. IT IS BETTER NOW THAN IT HAS EVER BEEN AND THE PRICE IS LOWER THAN EVER BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE WANT THE NEWEST THING ON THE MARKET. MOST PEOPLE ON THE SITE ARE IMMATURE AND ONLY WANT TO ARGUE WHAT THEY HAVE IS THE BEST AND TRY TO GET THEIR EGO FROM THEIR CARS OR BY PUTTING OTHER PEOPLE DOWN.
Friday, February 25, 2005 4:48 AM
eric= my woman got her 02 ls sport early in the 02' year. thought i would share.

carry on'

Friday, February 25, 2005 6:22 AM
chris orr wrote:I talked to Craig at RSM Racing this evening.Tomorrow I am placing my order for the stage one supercharger kit. Craig answered all my questions and you can tell he is not just in this for the money.He really knows his stuff and comes across as very down to earth. After I get the supercharger installed I will post pictures and dyno numbers for you to see.

Just to remind everyone......this is what the thread topic is about......
Friday, February 25, 2005 7:26 AM
This is the thread about the Vertical Door Kit for my 85 Cav with a 3.7 Right??
Friday, February 25, 2005 7:35 AM
lol...............u nut case!

Friday, February 25, 2005 7:55 AM
Jake wrote:eric= my woman got her 02 ls sport early in the 02' year. thought i would share.

carry on'

maybe cause your closer to lordstown ? LOL i think she got hers around nov dec

Frank S wrote:This is the thread about the Vertical Door Kit for my 85 Cav with a 3.7 Right??

umm isnt it a 7.2 not a 3.7 ??

LOL

Friday, February 25, 2005 7:56 AM
dam it no edit buttons , and slow brain

also 1 mans rip off , is another mans way to kick import ass

Friday, February 25, 2005 8:05 AM
i wonder what kinda brick this kid will s%#! after i tell him liz's 04 ls with every option except the wheels, lip kit, and automatic (who needs em) only cost us 12,500 out the door... guess what it has an eco too...

so does my 02 sf gt... that was 10,000 otd

hey wait
my 03 fire has an eco also... that was like 11,500 otd when they first came out...

so basicly sir you suck at buying cars...
we've allready noticed that...
what makes you so sure that you dont suck at modding one too?

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Friday, February 25, 2005 8:42 AM
My very sincere regrets to Craig and any one else that has had to deal with DR. DO-LITTLE (ywlssport).I am sorry that this thread has been twisted into a pissing match by ywlssport. And after all the posts he has made not one has made me rethink my choice to spend my money at RSM.And as for his comments about Craig and his company overcharging Stay in school kid you have lot to learn.For every one else that is considering a supercharger or some other type of improvement for your car please take the time and give Craig a call he really is a great guy and will look after you and your car and that is what this thread really is about.
Cheers & Beers
Chris Orr

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search