RSM supercharger 04 SF GT - Page 6 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: RSM supercharger 04 SF GT
Friday, February 25, 2005 10:52 AM
Quote:

so I reminded him that Z24s/LS sports are superior to the 2200

wanna race newb?

Friday, February 25, 2005 3:44 PM
Uhoh...num nuts brought up the 2.4l vs 2200 topic...this post has officially gone to hell.

It's just now cutting it's teeth.
Sunday, February 27, 2005 11:00 AM
OK,

It is obvious to me that craig has sold all of you guys on his kit. If that's what you want then go ahead. My original advice was that it would be WISE to be PATIENT and wait for GM's kit. If you look back I said long ago that when I was at the Detroit auto show that I spoke to two ENGINEERS (yes that's not a typo Frank) that work at the Lordstown plant and they said that the supercharger for the 2.2 eco is on the way, but they were still doing some "tests" on it. Granted that this thing has been postponed several times, it is DEFINITELY waiting in the wings. Wouldn't you feel a lot more comfortable if you had a supercharger on your eco that was actually built by the company that makes the damn car? Not to mention the strong possibility that it may be cheaper than Craig's kit, but even if it's the same price (in which case, I cannot afford) then I still say that the majority of people in here would want it over RSM's kit. This was my point and not a single one of you has proven me wrong.

Instead this whole thing has turned into and insult match by ken 2.2, 04 ecotec ls sport, and 97 cavie who keep tellng me when the Z24 was disc, when I actually bought my car, that I got ripped off, blah blah blah. Well, just so you pinheads know, I bought my eco brand spankin new before all the rebates came out. Yeah there is a 3 grand rebate on the LS now (I am well aware of it). Good for you if you got it. I wanted an LS right when they came out and that's what I did. I have the damn sales receipt right in front of me. December 17, 2001. I love how every guy that got a rebate on their LS feels the need to start chirping about it. Sorry guys, but you can go blow it out your ass. The LS was out in late 01, and yes I have every available option. Yes, the Z24 was still out at the time (I just didn't want the 2.4, b/c I heard that the eco was to be very promising). Kudos for you if you have a cavie with the rebate. Please ask any 00 or 01 Z24 owner (who actually bought their car brand new) what the price was on it. The LS is basically the Z24's successor. Please don't argue with me any more on this fact because you are dead wrong. I have the proof right in front of me.

As for the 2.2 guys like Ken and 97 cavie, I have nothing against your cars. They just aren't for me, but dont come after me and not expect to get a lashing back. Now if you are just going to sit there and blab about how great your rides are compared to mine then I have this to say: Don't say your car is better than a Z, becuase it's not. Your cars are at best "wannabe" Z24s/LS's. Don't blast me if you are pissed because you are paying for a base cav and are now wishing that you went with a Z. That was your choice. You made your bed, now sleep in it.
Sunday, February 27, 2005 11:16 AM
PS 04 ecotec

Don't rip on my state or detroit for that matter. It just shows what a pussy you really are.
Sunday, February 27, 2005 11:20 AM
02ecogase wrote:Dude, since you're in med-school, no wonder the American healthcare system sucks, you spend all your time here posting useless crap. If you're the future of American healthcare, our southern friends are in serious trouble.

I love OHIP!

I love Z24's/Jbodys man. If I want to use J-body.org in my spare time then I will. It's a free country. As far as the American healthcare system sucking, I don't know where you are getting your info from, but that is such a retarded statement I can't even dignify it with a response. Maybe you should go live in another country.
Sunday, February 27, 2005 11:47 AM
far from a pussy ----

Craig has not sold me a kit yet i was only saying it is not a big rip off

Hopefully the GM kit will come out soon I am just not expecting it too

Sunday, February 27, 2005 4:00 PM
ywlssport 02 wrote:OK,

It is obvious to me that craig has sold all of you guys on his kit. If that's what you want then go ahead. My original advice was that it would be WISE to be PATIENT and wait for GM's kit. If you look back I said long ago that when I was at the Detroit auto show that I spoke to two ENGINEERS (yes that's not a typo Frank) that work at the Lordstown plant and they said that the supercharger for the 2.2 eco is on the way, but they were still doing some "tests" on it. Granted that this thing has been postponed several times, it is DEFINITELY waiting in the wings. Wouldn't you feel a lot more comfortable if you had a supercharger on your eco that was actually built by the company that makes the damn car? Not to mention the strong possibility that it may be cheaper than Craig's kit, but even if it's the same price (in which case, I cannot afford) then I still say that the majority of people in here would want it over RSM's kit. This was my point and not a single one of you has proven me wrong.

Instead this whole thing has turned into and insult match by ken 2.2, 04 ecotec ls sport, and 97 cavie who keep tellng me when the Z24 was disc, when I actually bought my car, that I got ripped off, blah blah blah. Well, just so you pinheads know, I bought my eco brand spankin new before all the rebates came out. Yeah there is a 3 grand rebate on the LS now (I am well aware of it). Good for you if you got it. I wanted an LS right when they came out and that's what I did. I have the damn sales receipt right in front of me. December 17, 2001. I love how every guy that got a rebate on their LS feels the need to start chirping about it. Sorry guys, but you can go blow it out your ass. The LS was out in late 01, and yes I have every available option. Yes, the Z24 was still out at the time (I just didn't want the 2.4, b/c I heard that the eco was to be very promising). Kudos for you if you have a cavie with the rebate. Please ask any 00 or 01 Z24 owner (who actually bought their car brand new) what the price was on it. The LS is basically the Z24's successor. Please don't argue with me any more on this fact because you are dead wrong. I have the proof right in front of me.

As for the 2.2 guys like Ken and 97 cavie, I have nothing against your cars. They just aren't for me, but dont come after me and not expect to get a lashing back. Now if you are just going to sit there and blab about how great your rides are compared to mine then I have this to say: Don't say your car is better than a Z, becuase it's not. Your cars are at best "wannabe" Z24s/LS's. Don't blast me if you are pissed because you are paying for a base cav and are now wishing that you went with a Z. That was your choice. You made your bed, now sleep in it.

I have called you on some of your very bold comments. Why not address the argument. I am prepared. Please find a kit for any car that shows RSM's prices are out of hand.

Sunday, February 27, 2005 4:56 PM
Quote:

I can't even dignify it with a response.

That would be a first.

Quote:

Maybe you should go live in another country.

I do, Canada, where healthcare is free!

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time and for those 15 seconds, I realize, I need boost.
Sunday, February 27, 2005 5:00 PM
I am sorry but if I had 5-6k to spend it would go to rebuilding a motor and a turbo kit and still have money left over...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, February 27, 2005 6:53 PM
Dude you need to just die already. Its attention whores like you who ruin this site everyday. Why not address the statement Craig made??? That is what this whole post was about you know. And listen to your self you are comparing a Cavalier to another CAVALIER!! God you need a life. Face it you got ripped paying $17,000 for a J body. Bottom line.. Ohh wait you got the super high powered CAVALIER!! Bawhahaha. Get over yourself and face the facts dude. Craig offers a product for my car, what do you offer other than a head ace, and ridiculous bullsh*t. ????

Sunday, February 27, 2005 6:59 PM
whoa is that towards me?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, February 27, 2005 7:33 PM
No its towards ywlssport 02.

Sunday, February 27, 2005 7:35 PM
I don't belive it was.

I wonder where you get 5-6 grand from? From what I understand, turbo kits run a few bucks plus plus. Not leaving too much for an engine build.

Sunday, February 27, 2005 7:57 PM
I built my turbo kit for 1600.... and can get a bottom end built for about 1600 - 2000 leaving almost 2k

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, February 28, 2005 1:01 AM
ywlssport 02 wrote:

dude can you not read ??????????????????????????

both of my FULLY LOADED cav's are LS sedans , both have the 2.4 tc

no 2.2 ohv here

ive had a turbo on my 97 sedan , and it ended up costing me more that it would have to get the GM s/c , or even the rsm kit

if i had to do it over i coulda bought both the gm and rsm for the troubles the turbo cost

if the turbo would have been done right , i woulda ended up paying some where inbetween the gm s/c and the rsm

also ive got the GMPP catalog here for 05 and there is no S/C kit for the eco , just the whole 2.0 s/c motor which retails around 5500

they you gotta but everything for the liquid intercooler that isnt part of the manifold

leaving RSM's alot cheaper

putting money into any car in your words is useless

Monday, February 28, 2005 11:51 AM
KEN 2.2 wrote:Dude you need to just die already. Its attention whores like you who ruin this site everyday. Why not address the statement Craig made??? That is what this whole post was about you know. And listen to your self you are comparing a Cavalier to another CAVALIER!! God you need a life. Face it you got ripped paying $17,000 for a J body. Bottom line.. Ohh wait you got the super high powered CAVALIER!! Bawhahaha. Get over yourself and face the facts dude. Craig offers a product for my car, what do you offer other than a head ace, and ridiculous bullsh*t. ????

Interesting comments. Don't cry because I am ripping on your car. You opened your mouth first. Don't dish it out if you cant take it. If anyone needs to face the facts, it's you. You need to realize that before cavaliers started to get really "old" in design, that the price for a fully loaded Z24 was around 17 grand U.S. Like i have told your dumb ass time and time again, just ask any Z owner that bought their car new in the years from 99-01. Nowadays, the cavalier has to be discounted in order to compete with Civics etc. The cavalier even is basically a 10 year old car (with the exception of the new ecotec engine). I've had my eco for over three years. Do the math idiot. You can say what you want, but I'm not a fortuneteller and I don't know when GM is going to place huge rebates on their cars. One thing is for certain though and that is that your car is nothing more than a wannabe Z24, a slow grocery getter, with less style, worse suspension, and a much slower motor. As I said before.... you made your bed, now sleep in it. Don't cry to me that you have to blow an assload of money through RSM to even make your car worth a squirt of piss.
Monday, February 28, 2005 11:53 AM
quickBOOSTEDecotec wrote:I am sorry but if I had 5-6k to spend it would go to rebuilding a motor and a turbo kit and still have money left over...

FINALLY A PERSON WITH SOME COMMON SENSE!
Monday, February 28, 2005 1:32 PM
I'm being ignored now...At least it's better than being called a crook.

So where is this turbo kit that costs 1600?? Link please.

Monday, February 28, 2005 2:07 PM
Omg even if Gm didn't give rebates, (or what ever excuse you are using). I would never pay $17,000 for a CAVALIER, cause no matter what, they are all condsidiered your so called "Grocery getter" Hell back in 01 when you bought your car I could have bought a fully loaded Monte Carlo with all the options, for $17,000. And your car is nothing special either, hell you don't even list the crap you have done. I bet you mommy and daddy bought you the car so you would have something dependable to drive to and from school, and they don't let you touch Their car other than driving it. So get lost Newbie, or how about this Walk the talk that you claim and Answer Craig's questions instead of try to flex you E muscles. Sorry about all of the Craig I don't mean to post jack

Monday, February 28, 2005 2:25 PM
If you don't like the price of something don't post. Simple as that. No one has told you to buy anything. Don't bash on someones prices.
In fact if it is such a rip off, please develop another kit with the same quality and parts then you can argue all you want.
But for now forget about it and live on with your life.

Monday, February 28, 2005 2:29 PM
Exactly ^^^^ Craig offers Me the consumer something, you ywlssport 02 offer me nothing, so dont bash people or prices.

Monday, February 28, 2005 3:55 PM
So Chris Orr its 20 days since your first post..Whats the word on the kit?

Just Wait and See..........
Monday, February 28, 2005 4:21 PM
^^^ thats what i was wondering, and are u having rsm do the install and tuning?

Monday, February 28, 2005 5:31 PM
Chris' kit is leaving Wednesday.

Monday, February 28, 2005 7:32 PM
i have only bought a crank pulley from rsm. but the customer service was great. the product was delivered fairly fast. i was overall impressed. congratulations chris. i want to listen about how the the install on this s/c goes and hear some user feedback. i am interested in getting some sort of boost. i just want to research all of my options.
ywlssport the suspension really isnt that different, just spend $200 on sway bars and they are the same
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search