Project Phoenix - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Project Phoenix
Sunday, July 06, 2008 9:47 AM
Wow, rattle canned engine bay FTL!

Sunday, July 06, 2008 1:11 PM
Darkstars wrote:i really want to see the exterior of the white one left completely alone... leave on the emblems and everything, stock tails, no headlight/hood/ bumper swaps. Juts leave it liek that with some wheels (for the purpose of tires)

make it a sleeper

Too late on the tails, I already have my yota's on there. As for the rest, I'll decide on that after the 500whp dyno, yeah I know there's still some motor work to be done to get there so it will more than likely be some time next year that something happens w/ the exterior if at all. I have to buy a new rsv so I can put the 17's back on there and pretty much have to do a lot of the nwf over, balljoints, tierods. I also have to get new control arm busings and would like to get a new sub-frame. The 01 is a lil rusty and I'm not super comfortable w/ it. All in all it's almost done, got some wiring to finish up and put the interior in the white one. We put the 255 Walbro intank pump in in about an hour. Yeah we win lol.

Amazing weekend, thanks to Wrench Monkey and McLovin for all the help. Without you guys it wouldn't have happened. Thanks a ton. I'll post up pics when everything is completely done.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Sunday, July 06, 2008 2:28 PM
Good to hear. I wish i could of helped I like doing that kind of work.
Sunday, July 06, 2008 3:43 PM
No problem man, I had a blast helping you guys out, sorry I had to leave before it was finished.

Sunday, July 06, 2008 8:37 PM
Skunk wrote:Let's just start out w/ The Night of Day 3:

i know there are more pics

sorry to see what happened, cant wait to see the end result of this project

Lanman31337 -F = fatties = do not want. A little chunk in the junk is ok though.

Sunday, July 06, 2008 10:00 PM
Day 5:

No pics, just a lot of disappointment. Got everything hooked up and went to start it, it clicked once, then nothing. I'm thinking I missed a ground somewhere or something else isn't quite right. I already have VATS disabled in the pcm so that's not an issue. It's kinda one of those go thru and check and double check everything one more time. Hopefully running vids tomorrw. Couldn't get the eco swap done over the holiday weekend. Thanks to all that offered and those that helped out. It's greatly appreciated. Hopefully good news tomorrow.

Sunday, July 06, 2008 10:15 PM
Subscribed...this looks fun...

Sunday, July 06, 2008 10:28 PM
EVOFire (DesertTuners) wrote:Subscribed...this looks fun...

Too bad it's almost done, w/ the exception of stating today it would have been done. Very disappointed in myself that we couldn't get it done. I dropped the ball that's all there is to it. There's no reason it shouldn't have fired right up. I must've gotten in a hurry and just wanted to get it done, but what do you expect w/ 5 days straight of working on these 2 cars. I am pleased that we were able to "undo" 4.5 yrs of work in a matter of days, it just sucks that we weren't able to "redo" that work in the same time frame. Hopefully weather plays in my favor and I can spend a couple hours tomorrow night checking over @!#$ and find the issue as to why the starter wouldn't kick.

Thanks for reading guys. Updates soon as I've got them.

Monday, July 07, 2008 4:28 AM
Just read all the crap in the other thread, sorry to har the blue car is gone, but excited to see its heart living on in the white car.

Props on teh fast turn around time with the engine, started or not, most people take weeks to months to do a a non-eco to ECO swap.

Keeep on rolling that bird of fire to the paunch pad!!

Monday, July 07, 2008 4:34 AM
Scorpio1 bishes... wrote:Just read all the crap in the other thread, sorry to har the blue car is gone, but excited to see its heart living on in the white car.

Props on teh fast turn around time with the engine, started or not, most people take weeks to months to do a a non-eco to ECO swap.

Keeep on rolling that bird of fire to the paunch pad!!

I know I'll get it started, it's just a matter of checking and rechecking.

Monday, July 07, 2008 6:20 AM
so is that jenna and sarah??? i thought they didnt like each other....

Monday, July 07, 2008 10:35 AM
Topless wrenching pics.

Not holding a wrench either, wrenching.

Angry nude firewall beating pictures also welcome.

Monday, July 07, 2008 10:41 AM
you know you could of spent 10 more mins and not made the engine bay look like complete @!#$

Monday, July 07, 2008 11:03 AM
z yaaaa wrote:so is that jenna and sarah??? i thought they didnt like each other....

i was goin to ask the same thing. especially what went down the weekend before.

Monday, July 07, 2008 11:10 AM
s1lver_N1p (S-m62) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:so is that jenna and sarah??? i thought they didnt like each other....

i was goin to ask the same thing. especially what went down the weekend before.

who went down on who?

Monday, July 07, 2008 11:17 AM
Skunk's milkshake brings all the girls to the garage.

Monday, July 07, 2008 3:50 PM
Cavalier2000 wrote:you know you could of spent 10 more mins and not made the engine bay look like complete @!#$

I really don't understand y people always gotta make comments like that, Im sure not everything on your car is perfect! Its his car, he will do what he wants christ give the guy a break...
Monday, July 07, 2008 5:54 PM
Day 6:

ENGINE SWAP COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She runs. Nuff talk on w/ the pics...

I know the hood's not sittin just right, that's because I've got the 04's latch in there, it's fully secured just tryin to find someone w/ a 03+ LS Sport front so I can put my headlights and hood back on her.

The problem was a fusable link on the starter. Problem solved and boom fired right up.

Thank you Tom and Anthony! Could NOT have gotten this done w/o all your help.

Stay tuned for more updates on Project Phoenix. The 04 is officially dead, the plug has been pulled the heart transplanted and would you look at that we've got a pulse.

Thanks everyone else who has supported me through these last 6 days of hell.

Monday, July 07, 2008 6:02 PM
congrats on getting it back together and getting it running, but i would have taken a little more time to make it neater and look better

Monday, July 07, 2008 6:10 PM
Glad i could help a little bit with the wiring. So glad it runs, sounds good too!

Cant wait for the first ride.

Great job curt! Knew you could get that baby purring.

Monday, July 07, 2008 6:29 PM
eco swap in 6 days...

something that would take me 6 months.

engine bay looks a whole lot better then the blue cars man. i spy HPT.

Monday, July 07, 2008 7:44 PM
z yaaaa wrote: i spy HPT.

Never leave home without it.

Monday, July 07, 2008 7:48 PM
Wrong Turn wrote:
Skunk wrote:Let's just start out w/ The Night of Day 3:

i know there are more pics

sorry to see what happened, cant wait to see the end result of this project

noods or the cat gets it

Monday, July 07, 2008 8:02 PM
No prob man, i had a blast helping you and Tom. God i cant wait to hear that thing rip w/ its new exhaust.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 12:19 PM
that's my boy. look @ all the haters not saying @!#$. flat out eco swap COMPLETE in 6 days. good job my hats off to you guys congrats. Now everyone migrate your asses to Nj for my fiero work lol.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search