Project Phoenix - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Project Phoenix
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 7:55 PM
z yaaaa wrote:well i guess it all comes down to exactly where and how is positioned, i dont use my tilt in any of my cars, as long as they are in the right position all the time i mean...

but really curt, 95-02 wheel > 03-05 wheel

man speaks the truth.....

This bitch better be dialed in when i get up there saturday morning.....

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 9:32 PM
z yaaaa wrote:well i guess it all comes down to exactly where and how is positioned, i dont use my tilt in any of my cars, as long as they are in the right position all the time i mean...

but really curt, 95-02 wheel > 03-05 wheel

That's the thing brad, where the non tilt wheels sit are too high for my taste I tried it for a few days and hated it. I just couldn't get comfortable in my own car. I wil agree that the 95-02 wheel does look better, but let's think about something, I've been driving a 04 for 4 and a half years now. I've gotten used to it, the 95-02 just didn't feel right, kinda like it was too small or something. I sit in the car now and it just feels right again. Aside from lookin at the outside and seein the horried 14's on there, hopefully by the end of the weekend there will be 16's on the front at least.

You guys know how much my 04 meant to me, changing the interior and swapping the front end are my ways of remembering that car. I wasn't ready for it to die, but sometimes something great has to die in order for something better to take it's place.

Oh yeah and chris mid 10's may be safe, but let's think about something, before the pump I had high 11 afr's, ON PURPOSE!! I'm not concerned about detonation...AT ALL!!!! My only objective is to maximize power out of this engine, and w/ afr's in the 10's that simply will not happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, July 09, 2008 9:36 PM

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 9:37 PM
Impressed you got it goin that fast. How was swapping out the Steering Columns anyways?

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 9:43 PM
hatch (cdmz24) wrote:Impressed you got it goin that fast. How was swapping out the Steering Columns anyways?

Piece of cake. Take dash pad off, remove cluster, remove 2 bolts under cluster, disconnect all wires and sh!t from multi switches, disconnect air bag from under dash, take 2 bottom bolts out, loosen knuckle inside boot under dash and pull lol, just make sure all your wires are out of the retainer and out she comes w/ a lil persuasion. It was my first time ever messing w/ the column, and was done in like 2 hours. All in all not too bad, I'd suggest it to anyone who can't get past the non tilt thing.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 10:34 PM
completely understandable, your a tall @!#$ to so i can see the problem

and in all honesty, i think the rsv's are going to look 100000X better on white then they did on blue.

the skunk is back!!! just need to get some more black going on, son.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 4:02 AM
z yaaaa wrote:completely understandable, your a tall @!#$ to so i can see the problem

and in all honesty, i think the rsv's are going to look 100000X better on white then they did on blue.

the skunk is back!!! just need to get some more black going on, son.

Oh it's comin, anthony and I already talked about it. This will be my lil secret lol.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 6:41 AM
Skunk wrote:
Oh yeah and chris mid 10's may be safe, but let's think about something, before the pump I had high 11 afr's, ON PURPOSE!! I'm not concerned about detonation...AT ALL!!!! My only objective is to maximize power out of this engine, and w/ afr's in the 10's that simply will not happen.

so, your going to try for the ever so hard to hit 13.4:1?! (or is it 13.2?) on a boosted application, with out the use of a 2 bar?

not being concerned with detonation and trying to make power.................................

better talk to some people in MI, there the only people i would trust to do that.

best of luck

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, July 10, 2008 7:34 AM
Looks good Skunk, didn't realize you moved back to IL, oh well i'm sure i'll meet you some time. Good luck on that front end swap!

Thursday, July 10, 2008 8:08 AM
So maybe I missed it. But what was the starting problem? Nice work

Thursday, July 10, 2008 3:51 PM
ecotecpower wrote:So maybe I missed it. But what was the starting problem? Nice work

Fusable link.

Ok so I got sick of lookin at my hood and headlights sitting in the corner...

And I also put an interior in the blue car...

Thursday, July 10, 2008 3:54 PM
that looks like @!#$...you shouldnt have done it untill your lazy ass got a front bumper for it. LOL!

Thursday, July 10, 2008 3:55 PM
whyd you paint the skunk white? and leave the hood blue? man !! hahha jk looks good

Thursday, July 10, 2008 3:57 PM
McLovin wrote:that looks like @!#$...you shouldnt have done it untill your lazy ass got a front bumper for it. LOL!

That's where you come in...on Saturday buuudddddy

AZ24Ncav wrote:whyd you paint the skunk white? and leave the hood blue? man !! hahha jk looks good

The whole idea once I'm done is for someone who doesn't know what's goin on to see it and think that the only thing I did was get a paint job.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 4:03 PM
looking good so far man, fresh starts are awesome.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Thursday, July 10, 2008 4:05 PM
@!#$ it run it looks good.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 4:40 PM
1999 Cavalier Z24 wrote:looking good so far man, fresh starts are awesome.

It's not really a fresh start. Most don't know about my 96Z that I had before I got the 04. Yes I too once owned a LD9 and supercharged it too, that was a fun lil project. Anyway, when I got the estimate and knew for sure the blue car was totaled, I said I don't care what it is as long as it's 00+, white, and cheap, I'm gonna buy it and "rebuild" the original car that earned me my nickname. My 96 was white w/ a oem c/f hood on it, all my local friends started callin me a backwards skunk, it got shortened to just skunk and it has stuck w/ me for almost 10 years now. I just feel kinda lucky that I have the chance to do it all over again. Wishing I could pull a lil more from the blue car but time is short and I just don't have the energy to swap the interior wiring harness and all the components to make the white car have power options too. I'll deal w/ the manual locks and windows, as long as I don't have to sacrifice too much I'm good w/ my 01 base...w/ an ecotec.

Friday, July 11, 2008 3:53 AM
those options only add weight. keep the manual stuff. hehe.

Friday, July 11, 2008 4:32 AM
That hood looks so much better, its actually level. lol

But yeah not so hot without a bumper but your getting it I know, I know.

Still real excited to see it complete! mmmm

Friday, July 11, 2008 10:08 AM
Jenna B. wrote:sorry boys no threesome... What would Wrench Monkey have done?

And Yes it is Sarah and me, and were cool with eachother.

Hopefully we will have another drunken night like that again. lol

wrench monkey would have held the video camera, am i the only one who thinks things thru here jesus.

skunk, glad to see your back up and running.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, July 11, 2008 1:29 PM
How much for the power window switch?

Friday, July 11, 2008 4:14 PM
Bagged Base Coupe (Tinkles) wrote:How much for the power window switch?

Gotta leave it in the 04, sorry there would be a lot of @!#$ outta that car that I would keep myself, I dunno, like the whole graphite interior. Sorry man, can't do it.

Friday, July 11, 2008 8:15 PM
glad to see it up and running. lots of work you did there..
i would have left it as stock as could be on the outside. i would sell the 04 front end stuff and buy more performance stuff. i caught you said 500hp something, not to put a damper on your goals, but i dont think it will happen. not to start crap, but maybe prove me wrong.

fuel pump problems i had.:

fuel cut under half tank ( not sure what PSI of fuel you are running, but i was running almost twice the stock levels)
car cut out when it was hot outside. basically sitting in traffic a little while the pump would over heat.(whine louder then normal)
run out of gas completely at 1/8th tank.
the pressure ran back down to 0 after shutting it off, so it would take a while to start.
even had the brass nipple deal hooked up.

i didnt cut the cup and had a metal tank. the previous blazer pump i had i cut the cup. maybe it would of helped with the walbro.

Good luck and hope you dont have the problems with it, just sucks there isnt a good replacement fuel pump for these cars.

keep us udpated.

Friday, July 11, 2008 8:28 PM
Jake wrote:glad to see it up and running. lots of work you did there..
i would have left it as stock as could be on the outside. i would sell the 04 front end stuff and buy more performance stuff. i caught you said 500hp something, not to put a damper on your goals, but i dont think it will happen. not to start crap, but maybe prove me wrong.

More performance stuff? Could you be a lil more precise? I'm really only missing 2 things, dual springs, and oil pump gear. That's for the basic engine build. This winter brings possibly darton sleeves, a bigger turbo, and 11:1 compression. Based on what was goin on w/ the car and what others have done w/ less than this for a setup, there is no reason to believe she is any less than 350 or so, and that's only on 14.5 psi. Soon enough there will be more boost getting crammed in along w/ a lil "helper".

Update:

NWF transferred over to the white car. Pics tomorrow.

Friday, July 11, 2008 8:36 PM
I was hoping you were going to stay with the 00-02 headlights and not those!!!

FU Tuning

Friday, July 11, 2008 8:46 PM
John Higgins wrote:I was hoping you were going to stay with the 00-02 headlights and not those!!!

Main reasons I stuck w/ the 03+:

1.) Only a few have HID Projectors on a 03+
2.) I love this hood and can't wait to see it in white
3.) RK front lip is just too damn sexy for me to not want it
4.) 00-02 @!#$ is played out, everyone and their brother has a 00-02
5.) IT'S MY CAR I WILL DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT
6.) I loved my 04, and am doing everything I can to replicate it's appearance other than color

That is all.

Thanks guys for the comments. It's been a lot of hard work to get this back in shape to where it's acceptable to me.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search