Supporting Mods - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Supporting Mods
Friday, March 05, 2010 10:36 PM
i dont need that big. mines 75mm and thats plenty big for me. ill run out of turbo before i need that big.

Saturday, March 06, 2010 6:47 AM
hahaha this motor is going to SCREAM.

Saturday, March 06, 2010 11:24 AM
z yaaaa wrote:hahaha this motor is going to SCREAM.

yeah until my turbo says..... "yeah thats all i got"

fetter seems to think ill max it out before when we pull the peak hp numbers and it wont matter. its getting detuned to about 350 for street power. more than that on the street is not neccessary.

Saturday, March 06, 2010 4:58 PM

Saturday, March 06, 2010 5:14 PM
you should really use this downtime to relocate the battery and engine bay fuse box out of the bay.

Saturday, March 06, 2010 5:25 PM
Stephen (manta z) wrote:you should really use this downtime to relocate the battery and engine bay fuse box out of the bay.

no can/want do sir. for one, i dont want to have a cutoff. thought about going to a race battery but dont fully trust them. this is the smallest full size battery i could find. i just dont want to have to run a cutoff switch. if i did i would just get an extra tail like and drill a hole in one but i just dont want to run one. i wish i could put it in the front bumper, but i dont have the room with the charge pipes like i have them along with my windshield washer tank.

besides.... something else will be on that side soon

Saturday, March 06, 2010 5:43 PM
lame but understandable... I remember like last year wasnt it? when we were talking about the cut-offs how much of a PITA it was going to be since you have to run both a battery cable and alternator up to it correct? couldn't just kill the battery. but anyway, liking the progress.. manifold is huge tho.. redonkulous

Saturday, March 06, 2010 6:12 PM
yeah just a huge pain. we will see what happens. idk. odds are i wont move it to the trunk.

Sunday, March 07, 2010 6:50 AM
Why don't you trust the small race batteries? Mine hasn't failed on me in the four years Ive had it.

Also, you goin 3" pipe on the cold side from the TB?

Comin along man!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, March 07, 2010 7:31 AM
WHITECAVY(the bash falln one) wrote:Why don't you trust the small race batteries? Mine hasn't failed on me in the four years Ive had it.

Also, you goin 3" pipe on the cold side from the TB?

Comin along man!

i just dont trust them to be an every day battery, i was talking about it and we decided id have to drive my car almost every 2-3 days or odds are it would probably be dead. i want something reliable.

Sunday, March 07, 2010 8:17 AM
My black Z rocked the Honda Optima yellow-top, never failed me, but I believe was a little taller in height compared to ours.

Mine was in the trunk too, and guess what? I almost didn't make it through tech. inspection because I didn't have a cut-off. Luckily the guy just shook it off.

Sunday, March 07, 2010 9:23 AM
lookin good vince. so how much longer do we have to wait to see some vids of it running?

Sunday, March 07, 2010 10:30 AM
any pics of the inside of the manifold? i'm interested in seein how those runnders look from the inside

Sunday, March 07, 2010 5:46 PM

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Sunday, March 07, 2010 6:36 PM
Very nice work!!!
Sunday, March 07, 2010 6:49 PM
yeah i know my car wont be allowed to pass tech with it in the trunk. i already know it. and joe, was the battery smaller just a little taller? taller i might be able to deal with. but would love it if it was smaller.

05xtremecav wrote:lookin good vince. so how much longer do we have to wait to see some vids of it running?

haha not sure, and im not really worried. when he gets it done and ryan tunes it i plan on coming to get it. he is working on it faster that i keep telling him too haha. he is a workaholic.

loving the progress though.

Sunday, March 07, 2010 8:51 PM
Yes smaller and taller, check one out and see what you think.

Sunday, March 07, 2010 9:00 PM
im lost. if you do a clean install with a cut-off why couldnt you pass tech?

there are ways to mount a switch that you could make it so it could be hidden for daily driving and flipped out for the track. theres no rule i know of that states it needs to be drilled into the quarter panel or rear bumper etc. as far as i know it just needs to be accessible.

Sunday, March 07, 2010 9:26 PM
z yaaaa wrote:im lost. if you do a clean install with a cut-off why couldnt you pass tech?

there are ways to mount a switch that you could make it so it could be hidden for daily driving and flipped out for the track. theres no rule i know of that states it needs to be drilled into the quarter panel or rear bumper etc. as far as i know it just needs to be accessible.

we are not saying i couldnt pass tech if i did a clean install with a cutoff. we are saying if i did a battery relocation with no cutoff, i wont pass.

otherwise every time i go to the track i have to install it. and if im doing that then its going in an outer tail light since the way the inners attach are the cut nuts. a few tims of that and then they are gone.
other option is to put it behind the licence plate and pull my plate and install the handle and a custom plate with a hole/push pull sign.

the only advantage to moving it is cleaning up the engine bay. thats it. its not in the way of anything really. and if it does get moved. thats weight off the front. and i need all i can get up there.

but if you know how to make it so its hidden during daily driving and showing at the track, please let me know. and i dont have the plate under the tails either or id put it behind there on a hinge.

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 4:41 PM
Shiny

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 5:13 PM
the way i am going to do it is fab up a plate with a hinge on it that you can bring down under the rear bumper. maybe below the plate, maybe off to one side.

when not in use, fold it back up and fasten. done.

Sunday, March 14, 2010 6:15 PM
Progress! SO HOT!
That @!#$ is custom.

Mounted

Installed

Sunday, March 14, 2010 6:21 PM
WTF?

Sunday, March 14, 2010 6:26 PM
Tinkles wrote:WTF?

had you been at the bash you would know it's an ice box

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, March 14, 2010 6:38 PM
Qwibby {T3H Old QBE} wrote:
Tinkles wrote:WTF?

had you been at the bash you would know it's an ice box

I thought that or coolant overflow, but im curious as to how he is plumbing it with a turbo system.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search