Vette Wheels - Page 10 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vette Wheels
Sunday, May 27, 2012 1:53 PM
Here's a few things to note.

Opinion - You don't like the stance of my G8 or my wheels.
Opinion - You think my Bagged Cav and my G8 look like "Monster Trucks"
Opinion - I like your Cav. I like the look and the engine bay.
Opinion - I like Jeff's engine bay for the most part.
Opinion - I think the Vette wheels looks ridiculous on his car.

Fact - My Bagged Cav aka Monster Truck has never Broke, left me stranded due to NOT BEING DRIVABLE.
Fact - Jeffs's Cav broke an oil pan on the Same freeway my Monster trucks frequently drive on.
Fact - My stock ride height G8 IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE SAME TO COMPARE TO A J-BODY, So please stop trying.
Fact - I'll continue to have a smile on my face while driving both my Monster trucks.
Fact - Jay Van's Cav is only a few inches higher if that than Jeff's and looks amd drives like a well built vehicle.

Fact - I'll trade Being able to drive my cars over breaking them.

Sunday, May 27, 2012 2:03 PM
DRAMA MAMA jk

Sunday, May 27, 2012 2:13 PM
Jeff showed some of the most extreme dedication of any car enthusiast I've ever met while he was over this weekend. Amazing couple of days!

You Canadians are welcome at my house any time with no questions asked.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Sunday, May 27, 2012 2:15 PM
Not to mention his car rides smoother than ANY Jbody I have ever driven even at the slammed height. I am truly inspired to piece together an IRS.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Sunday, May 27, 2012 2:24 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:The new trend with the "Stance" retards IS the damage though. It shows how cool/tough they are that they don't care to actually take care of their vehicles, just to prove they have unbreakable backs and no regard for safety or comfort on a street car. "I went through 4 oil pans this month" to them is like "I squeezed another 200hp out of my motor" to a race car builder.... I don't get it either, Brad.

You might not want to believe it, but this car rides smoother than most stock cars, nevermind lowered cars, Jay Van can attest to that. He has put so much time and money into that suspension, it puts most other bolt ins to shame, including my tein ss on ANY setting.

Sunday, May 27, 2012 2:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFYBLwb3I84

But for real, this dudes car is absolutely ridiculous, he should definitely grow up and start taking care of his car. All that scratched up paint looks ridiculous... especially on a showroom condition car that you paid a thousand dollars for, and has 321xxx Kilometers on it.

....He definitely should take better care of it.

Oh.

Wait.

Who @!#$ cares? I love driving it. I absolutely @!#$ LOVE throwing sparks. If I have to get a tow here and there, so the @!#$ what? It's not your car. This is the first pan that I've ever actually destroyed. The first two were nearly non-existent cracks, barely dripping.

I like to push limits. I build something, I break it. I build it better. I break it again... I build it better again. That's what gets me excited... That's what building a car is about to me. Pushing limits. Getting thumbs up 3 or 4 times a week while driving from random people is one of the single greatest feelings I've ever had the opportunity to feel.

Last time I checked, we were all in this to modify cars, why does different types of modification set us apart? I don't give a @!#$ if you've got 32" rims on your K car, or "stupid little wheels" on a Cavalier. We all modify our cars for the same reason.

I don't see how this is any different.
Sunday, May 27, 2012 4:04 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:The new trend with the "Stance" retards IS the damage though. It shows how cool/tough they are that they don't care to actually take care of their vehicles, just to prove they have unbreakable backs and no regard for safety or comfort on a street car. "I went through 4 oil pans this month" to them is like "I squeezed another 200hp out of my motor" to a race car builder.... I don't get it either, Brad.

You clearly don't know anyone that is actually in the scene beyond the local honda retards that are cutting springs and driving around without any other modifications.

Just know that the people that are doing this right never break oil pans, and the cars ride just fine. Its no different than driving around on a very stiff race suspension.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Sunday, May 27, 2012 5:02 PM
i was excited when i clicked on that youtube link because i thought it was gonna be a vid of your car driving. But instead i got Elton John..

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3877823
Sunday, May 27, 2012 5:37 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:

You clearly don't know anyone that is actually in the scene beyond the local honda retards that are cutting springs and driving around without any other modifications.

Just know that the people that are doing this right never break oil pans, and the cars ride just fine. Its no different than driving around on a very stiff race suspension.

Im going to have to disagree with this statement. Everything in terms of the suspension on this car, and I mean EVERYTHING was done right. This is evidenced by the quality of the ride comfort of the car. You guys can bash all you want, but until you actually see and drive in the car, you will never know just how far Jeff went to achieve what he has done with this car. I actually enjoy driving this car more than mine, its an absolute blast and Jeff isnt lying when he says he gets alot of looks in it, orcourse, it didnt hurt that it we were cruising woodward avenue with no hoods. lol

Sunday, May 27, 2012 5:41 PM
VW guys switch to shallower steel oil pans, and never have problems, quad oil pans are above the subframe from the factory, so unless you strattle something you'll never have a problem. I don't have any experience with low Hondas.

The point being, if you do it right, you won't break oil pans. That has nothing to do with the suspension used, I'm just talking about making the proper modifications all around, IE fender clearance, oil pan clearance, etc...

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Sunday, May 27, 2012 5:46 PM
The quad oil pans sit above the subframes, the Eco's sit lower than the quads in the back though, and thats what this car has. We already started talking about raising the engine on our drive home yesterday and it seems like thats what he will be doing. Actually shouldnt be too bad and its definitely something that he has the ability to do.

Sunday, May 27, 2012 7:12 PM
raising the engine would have came after the first oil pan was destroyed. good to hear the suspension is working well.

Sunday, May 27, 2012 7:25 PM
all suspension "epicness" aside.. jeff eyebrow was irresponsible in driving this car that low. end of story.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Sunday, May 27, 2012 8:13 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:The quad oil pans sit above the subframes, the Eco's sit lower than the quads in the back though, and thats what this car has. We already started talking about raising the engine on our drive home yesterday and it seems like thats what he will be doing. Actually shouldnt be too bad and its definitely something that he has the ability to do.

No need to raise the engine, just cut the bottom out and make it more shallow. You'll need to add some kick-outs to the sides on the pan to bring it back up to capacity and adjust the pick up but that shouldn't be too hard.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Sunday, May 27, 2012 10:06 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:all suspension "epicness" aside.. jeff eyebrow was irresponsible in driving this car that low. end of story.

Because scraping kills baby kittens?

Sunday, May 27, 2012 11:13 PM
I think the way Brad should have worded that, at least the way I interpreted it was "He has no one to blame but himself for a cracked pan". That's how I read it anyway lol.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, May 27, 2012 11:48 PM
OOOOhhhh man.......... *cracks knuckles* I'm gonna have a hayday with this one!!!!!

First off......
gtpsunfire wrote: Everything in terms of the suspension on this car, and I mean EVERYTHING was done right. This is evidenced by the quality of the ride comfort of the car. You guys can bash all you want, but until you actually see and drive in the car, you will never know just how far Jeff went to achieve what he has done with this car. I actually enjoy driving this car more than mine, its an absolute blast and Jeff isnt lying when he says he gets alot of looks in it, orcourse, it didnt hurt that it we were cruising woodward avenue with no hoods. lol

We get it, the car rides like a Cadillac and handles like a Lotus, yadda yadda yadda.... BUT he managed to destroy ANOTHER oil pan?!?!?! You mean to tell me that the super-duper oh so sturdy skid plate that was installed, (and as I said in the other thread, wouldn't work) DIDN'T WORK?!?!?!?! I am shocked..... I'm sorry to say, but the car is fundamentally flawed. it can be the best handling car in the world, everything just right, but if something like cracking an oil pan is a fairly common problem, then the car itsself just isn't right. Sorry.

Jeff Wybrow wrote:
Oh.

Wait.

Who @!#$ cares? I love driving it. I absolutely @!#$ LOVE throwing sparks. If I have to get a tow here and there, so the @!#$ what? It's not your car. This is the first pan that I've ever actually destroyed. The first two were nearly non-existent cracks, barely dripping.

I like to push limits. I build something, I break it. I build it better. I break it again... I build it better again. That's what gets me excited... That's what building a car is about to me. Pushing limits. Getting thumbs up 3 or 4 times a week while driving from random people is one of the single greatest feelings I've ever had the opportunity to feel.

Last time I checked, we were all in this to modify cars, why does different types of modification set us apart? I don't give a @!#$ if you've got 32" rims on your K car, or "stupid little wheels" on a Cavalier. We all modify our cars for the same reason.

I don't see how this is any different.

You know what, I'm done beating around the bush and being Mr. Nice Guy. Your attitude and method of thinking is F-ing idiotic. Yeah, it's fun and cool to scrape and throw sparks!!!! Even better when you need to call a tow truck to navigate speed bumps. What the hell is the point of making a car so damn dangerously low that it's not even driveable??? And by the way, scraping subframes, rubbing tires, and cracking oil pans means that the car isn't practical enough to be considered "driveable" in my book. Sure, you can have the suspension travel of a Hummer H1, but it's a moot point when the subframe bottoms out on a pebble.

Good for you on the pushing limits, breaking boundaries, ect. The only problem is that public roads aren't your personal F-ing test track!!! If your car decides to pull a coach and something bad happens on a test drive, innocent people could be hurt or worse. Are all of the "thumbs-ups" going to make up for it if you hurt anyone else because of wanting to push boundaries and see how far you can go???

And to touch on your last point, yes, the majority of us here are into modifying our cars. Like you, I don't care what people's personal tastes are. While I may disagree with a certain mod or look that people may do to their cars, you will NEVER see me completely tear down a person and all of their hard work just because I don't like what they've done. IDGAF what people think of my car either, I did it to make MYSELF happy, built it how I wanted it to be, and like most of the people on the JBO, that's all that matters to me.

How is your car different than countless others on the JBO??? Simple. It's blatantly unsafe, and you're making excuses for it.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, May 28, 2012 2:57 AM
Un-driveable? He drives it daily. Drove it 3000km in one weekend last year to a show. Gladly took it to Michigan this weekend without even thinking twice. He will drive it anywhere and anytime. If it breaks, he fixes it. Is it a little low for me? Yup, but thats because I live in the city and wouldnt want to navigate the speed bump hell known as Toronto daily. But he is comfortable driving it this way and I can garuntee that he will never hurt himself or anyone else because of his suspension. What you have to realize is that this isnt his first car that sits this low, and it certainly wont be his last. He is used driving this way, and that wont change.
You said this...
Quote:

And to touch on your last point, yes, the majority of us here are into modifying our cars. Like you, I don't care what people's personal tastes are. While I may disagree with a certain mod or look that people may do to their cars, you will NEVER see me completely tear down a person and all of their hard work just because I don't like what they've done. IDGAF what people think of my car either, I did it to make MYSELF happy, built it how I wanted it to be, and like most of the people on the JBO, that's all that matters to me.

So... STFU

Monday, May 28, 2012 9:19 AM
Convenient how you cut out the portion below it where I said his car is different because it's unsafe and he makes excuses for it. And you can't guarantee anything when it comes to cars. No matter how well thought out a setup or design is, something could always go wrong.

And I knew someone was going to chime in with the "But he drove it 500,000 miles through a Kansas tornado uphill in the snow just last week!!!" arguement. So how many times did he scrape and bottom out on the drive there???? How many times did the tires rub the fenders??? How much did he have to modify his driving route just so he could make it where he was going???? And didn't the oil pan break causing the car to become undrivable???

Just because he is "comfortable" driving like that, doesn't mean it is practical.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, May 28, 2012 9:43 AM
Bunch of haters on this site

Monday, May 28, 2012 10:01 AM
No hate. Do what you will with your car. Just funny to me to see posts stating how drivable this car is, see it for the first time action and it made it almost 20miles before it self destructs.

It wasn't the crazy off road jumps either. It was I-75.

Monday, May 28, 2012 11:38 AM
chris rod wrote:Bunch of haters on this site

Any time someone posts on the internet, they will get everyone's opinion or input. Good or bad, it will happen. You can tell the immature folks who can't handle a little disagreement or different taste or even the complete ass holes who don't sugar coat how impractical or ugly they think something is, because they come in with idiotic justifications after talking about "scraping" "cracking pans" or other nonsense, as well as throwing the word "hater" out every time they get someone who doesn't like something. It's not "being a hater", it's disliking something. I get the trendy mods and such, but the childish trendy defenses and terms like "hater" are so mindless it's hilarious.

ANYWAY, as said by someone before: I really can appreciate all the work that went into this car. But to me, those kind of man hours and time and hard work doing an IRS swap should have gone into making the car trophy at an autocross, not forcing yourself to believe it's still a daily drive-able car as you chew up oil pans, high center on cigarette butts and be forced to destroy your quarter panels and make them look like ass just to fit in with this "stanced" trend.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, May 28, 2012 12:20 PM
Monday, May 28, 2012 1:32 PM

Monday, May 28, 2012 4:55 PM
Nice meeting you Jeff, while it's not my thing you're a damn sure an enthusiast and I give props for driving the car all the way out here and it's a shame such happened! I truly wanted to see it in person.

Hate on, but this man handled it like a champ.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search