Vette Wheels - Page 9 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vette Wheels
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 2:21 PM
Not a whole lot to update, decided againts wheels for now as I'm itching to get going on my '52. However I did get a size smaller rear tire and dropped the car some more, also ditched the orange wheel nuts and replaced them with factory chrome ones.

I completely gutted the interior and swapped the whole thing over to power options, installed a Viper alarm/keyless entry and wired in the windows to roll up on my 3rd auxilary function on my remote.

Haven't really taken any pics because I've been super lazy and haven't cleaned it yet. Haha, pics soon, promise.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:05 PM
Jeff Wybrow wrote:Not a whole lot to update, decided againts wheels for now as I'm itching to get going on my '52. However I did get a size smaller rear tire and dropped the car some more, also ditched the orange wheel nuts and replaced them with factory chrome ones.

I completely gutted the interior and swapped the whole thing over to power options, installed a Viper alarm/keyless entry and wired in the windows to roll up on my 3rd auxilary function on my remote.

Haven't really taken any pics because I've been super lazy and haven't cleaned it yet. Haha, pics soon, promise.

How about this one

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:14 PM
Clean.... What kind of muffler did you put on it looks great.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:40 PM
I didn't take that pic Darren, so there.

I picked out a stainless magnaflow muffler, but I hand built the twin tips. Thanks.

Just found out a friend of mine and myself got a mention in a blog, pretty good start to both our summers, with hopefully more to come.

http://www.stanceiseverything.com/2012/05/theme-tuesday-local-builds-pt-1/
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:50 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:
Jeff Wybrow wrote:Not a whole lot to update, decided againts wheels for now as I'm itching to get going on my '52. However I did get a size smaller rear tire and dropped the car some more, also ditched the orange wheel nuts and replaced them with factory chrome ones.

How about this one

that looks great!!!

Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:00 AM
^^^ Exaclty!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:06 AM
Looks amazing, like perfect even

Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:12 AM
Moar plz... looks mucho better!

Thursday, May 24, 2012 12:01 PM
Jeff Wybrow wrote:I didn't take that pic Darren, so there.

I picked out a stainless magnaflow muffler, but I hand built the twin tips. Thanks.

Just found out a friend of mine and myself got a mention in a blog, pretty good start to both our summers, with hopefully more to come.

http://www.stanceiseverything.com/2012/05/theme-tuesday-local-builds-pt-1/

Checked out that link, that dudes Alfa Spider is absolutely gorgeous......WOW! I'd die to drive that, plus Alfa V6's sound like angels singing!

Good lord I am envious of that man.

Anyways, you coming to the JCO bash? I'd like to see this thing in person

Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:48 PM
Need more pics to decide.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 7:36 PM
Looks great but im gonna have to agree with all the other people who dont like the wheels. Otherwise very nice work and killer stance.

Eat my shift

Saturday, May 26, 2012 6:54 PM
How do you like the Michigan roads? Hope you got it back together, I wanna see pictures

Saturday, May 26, 2012 7:00 PM
The car didn't do so well on Michigan roads....

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Saturday, May 26, 2012 8:05 PM
I drove my slammed Passat into the Philly area last night, and between DC, the Baltimore-Washington Expressway, and center city Philly, I wish I didn't bring it. I'm not even stanced, either, so I can't see how some of these guys drive around in cities like this without @!#$ @!#$ up.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Saturday, May 26, 2012 8:12 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:I drove my slammed Passat into the Philly area last night, and between DC, the Baltimore-Washington Expressway, and center city Philly, I wish I didn't bring it. I'm not even stanced, either, so I can't see how some of these guys drive around in cities like this without @!#$ @!#$ up.

Agreed there are some terrible roads in the Baltimore area...god forbid you drive a lowered cavy in Baltimore. I lost my exhaust driving through the city once, there is no room to swerve.

Saturday, May 26, 2012 8:20 PM
Bags. Nuff said. I-75 doesn't like Ecotec oil pans. Underivable and not safe.

Saturday, May 26, 2012 8:33 PM
We came up 95 from central FL, and I was fine till I got on the I-295 D.C bypass that dumped me into downtown D.C at 1am.. into bumper to bumper traffic, no less. I bottomed out my struts numerous times going over manhole covers and piss-poor asphalt "repairs", and then when I finally got out of the city and onto the B-W Expressway, every overpass was like hitting a dirt mound and launching, even going under the speed limit. I go out today and noticed that my under-dash fuse panel and a couple of relays were knocked loose and dangling. This damn photo shoot better be worth it.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Saturday, May 26, 2012 9:14 PM
ROKN20S - aka JuicyJ wrote:Bags. Nuff said. I-75 doesn't like Ecotec oil pans. Underivable and not safe.

That sucks......

That being said, if I actually do decide to drop my Cav from stock height, it won't be more than an inch or too down.

The roads here in MI are so bad I near lost one of my STOCK 14s on 94....which is sad considering that this state is known for its cruises.....

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Sunday, May 27, 2012 8:21 AM
ROKN20S - aka JuicyJ wrote:Bags. Nuff said. I-75 doesn't like Ecotec oil pans. Underivable and not safe.

But it doesn't look like a monster truck...

Sunday, May 27, 2012 9:19 AM
What looks like a monster truck?? If you're referring to my G8, it made it to the BBQ and back home safely and all in one piece.

It is what's called a Daily Driver.

Sunday, May 27, 2012 11:15 AM
The G8, the Cav, take your pick. Wether the car made it to the BBQ or not, he had a great time and he built the car the way he wanted and absolutely loves driving it. He was also able to get it fixed up at about 730 this morning and make the 6 hour commute home and directly to Toronto for the show that he has been looking forward to for months. So I would say it was still a great weekend for him.

Sunday, May 27, 2012 11:53 AM
i love that he loves driving it but if this is his 3rd oil pan maybe its time to grow up and stop trying to drive something thats not only dangerous to him but also the other driver's on the road.

simply raising the car up for the communte could have solved all the headache. then while at the bbq, drop it back down, voila.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Sunday, May 27, 2012 12:06 PM
You guys are missing the point, driving low > parking low.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Sunday, May 27, 2012 12:23 PM
yea i guess i am missing the point lol

i guess it would be awesome to get to @!#$ up ur front bumper/lip constantly, drag undercarrige/exhaust, and pop oil pans weekly but good god were lookin cool doin it!

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Sunday, May 27, 2012 1:43 PM
The new trend with the "Stance" retards IS the damage though. It shows how cool/tough they are that they don't care to actually take care of their vehicles, just to prove they have unbreakable backs and no regard for safety or comfort on a street car. "I went through 4 oil pans this month" to them is like "I squeezed another 200hp out of my motor" to a race car builder.... I don't get it either, Brad.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search