Vette Wheels - Page 7 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vette Wheels
Thursday, March 22, 2012 3:56 PM
Love it, 'nuff said.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:16 PM
Twenty4z wrote:Love it, 'nuff said.

x2

And I completely agree with Skillz aswell! Keep up the good work Jeff buddy!

Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:25 PM
i do agree... with different wheels i bet it'd look much better.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:44 PM
I won't lie, I've been looking at wheels since the day I bought the vette wheels.

I agree, they aren't the prettiest, but I really didn't know what I was getting myself into before the car underwent surgery. So for me to grab a wheel size off a hunch and spend ~$1000+ on a set of wheels would've been ridiculous. I have under $600 tied up into wheels, including 4 brand new tires.

So, carry on hating, because this is only just the beginning.
Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:59 PM
Too much sidewall, it doesn't look right.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:09 AM
love the stance...not a fan of the blades though...would look sick with the newer 5 spoke rims

Friday, March 30, 2012 8:14 AM
Skilz10179 wrote:I love everything done to this car but the one thing holding it back from perfection is the wheel/tire size. If this car were sitting on some 18x9 +30 wheels wrapped in 215/40 tires it would be killin it and I'm sure it would change a lot of peoples opinions who aren't feelin it now...

this

Kudos on the work being done

Your car would actually be very much liked here in Florida

Sunday, April 01, 2012 7:17 AM
Stance nation had mixed reviews but for originality your one of your own my friend. I know I'm noob but I've always liked your car and the work your doing. Good luck keep it up!
Sunday, April 01, 2012 10:13 AM
Skilz10179 wrote:I love everything done to this car but the one thing holding it back from perfection is the wheel/tire size. If this car were sitting on some 18x9 +30 wheels wrapped in 215/40 tires it would be killin it and I'm sure it would change a lot of peoples opinions who aren't feelin it now...

I'm with this guy. Plus, I think you have the wheels on the wrong direction... lol. Props for being different, but I'm not a huge fan. Cavaliers & camber don't mix...

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Wednesday, April 04, 2012 7:09 PM
Any new updates Jeff bro? Dying to see that new powdercoated valve cover and other engine goodies

Friday, April 06, 2012 5:27 PM
valve cover its totally wicked, saw it last night

hey jeff look i used a comma

JBO since July 30, 2001

Friday, April 06, 2012 8:07 PM
NOTa2_4 wrote:valve cover its totally wicked, saw it last night

hey jeff look i used a comma

HAHAHAHA

Yep, got the valve cover back only last night. Car was on the road legally for the first time today since the transformation. Rides great, couple minor rubbing issues which I dealt with throughout the day. Goes for an alignment first thing tomorrow morning.

Got pulled over today too, for the bottom of the car dragging. Was my own fault and talked my way out of it, all cops should be as nice as this one was.
Saturday, April 07, 2012 9:00 AM
It's physically impossible, at that height to get a good amount of suspension travel...."Rides great" sounds a bit skeptical lol.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, April 07, 2012 12:55 PM
maybe you should read before you speak

theres nothing stock about the suspension he might possibly have more travel then i have and i'm on a prokit

JBO since July 30, 2001
Saturday, April 07, 2012 7:28 PM
Rolling shots are needed ASAP!!!

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Sunday, April 08, 2012 6:36 AM
NOTa2_4 wrote:maybe you should read before you speak

theres nothing stock about the suspension he might possibly have more travel then i have and i'm on a prokit

I'm thinking you guys are playing with different definitions of suspension travel. That car physically cannot have much travel when driving because the wheel will not push up into the car much farther before the car smashes down onto the road surface.

What it can have - is a lot of droop. When you lift the Corvette wheel car up, I'm more than willing to be his suspension falls out a lot further than yours.

I think the work that went into it is cool. But the wheels having Pink accents just makes me think Barbie Corvette too much. I can totally understand the monetary commitment side of it, I wouldnt go spend thousands on a custom set until I know my plan would work.

Sunday, April 08, 2012 7:55 AM
If you're rubbing and scraping the ground (AND getting pulled over for it!!!), then your car is too low and unsafe. I don't care how much suspension travel it may have, it doesn't mean anything when you crack an oil pan or dent up a floorboard when driving over a pebble.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Sunday, April 08, 2012 9:40 AM
Unless he has an extended oil pan you have to work pretty hard at cracking an oil pan on a J, its about an inch higher than the subframe.

Pretty sure dents in your floor board aren't going to make you crash.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Sunday, April 08, 2012 9:49 AM
Sunday, April 08, 2012 10:10 AM
I agree that the tire wheel combo kill it for me. I appreciate the work to get a good lowered ride and I like the way camber looks usually, but I just can't get into the whole wheels stick out past the fender thing. Just not my style. However since your talking about new wheels ill be excited to see what you come up with.

Sunday, April 08, 2012 2:03 PM
NOTa2_4 wrote:maybe you should read before you speak

if its hitting the ground its not going to be a great ride no matter how much travel he has.

I'm with skillz though. with a diffrent rim/tire combination for me id would likely be allot more into it. Iv'e just never been into the sawblade rims even when it was on the corvettes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Sunday, April 08, 2012 4:38 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:Unless he has an extended oil pan you have to work pretty hard at cracking an oil pan on a J, its about an inch higher than the subframe.

Pretty sure he already has cracked an oil pan. And scraping the floor pan might not cause a crash, but going around an onramp at a higher speed, bottoming out, and tires rubbing could cause an accident. There is no way that that car can make a full turn, hit a small bump, and not cut or chew up a tire.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Sunday, April 08, 2012 6:20 PM
Roofy wrote:
Transporter7220 wrote:Unless he has an extended oil pan you have to work pretty hard at cracking an oil pan on a J, its about an inch higher than the subframe.

Pretty sure he already has cracked an oil pan. And scraping the floor pan might not cause a crash, but going around an onramp at a higher speed, bottoming out, and tires rubbing could cause an accident. There is no way that that car can make a full turn, hit a small bump, and not cut or chew up a tire.

I have cracked a pan. I have also since made a skid plate which has completely rectified that problem. There are a bunch of guys on here who have SEEN this car turn full lock, it does nearly everyday. I consider myself a good "low" driver. I've been doing it for years and have never caused anyone (even myself) harm. I know the cars limits and I definitely stick to them.

That being said, I have zero problem whipping this car around a corner with anyone else. It's a thousand dollar cavalier. If you guys are getting butt-hurt that my paint gets rubbed off or that the underside of my car is banged up, terribly sorry.

And for those of you who care/can read, yes I've stated that there are new wheels coming, and they'll be bigger and wider.

And for those of you who care even more, new valve cover -

The camera really ruins the look of the engine bay, but you get the idea.

The pot has been stirred.
Sunday, April 08, 2012 6:23 PM
Looks like the eco oil pan sits quite a bit lower than my quad.

Monday, April 09, 2012 7:03 AM
NIce man! I love the progress! What wheels did you order?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search