street racing.... - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: street racing....
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 1:09 PM on j-body.org
Well I knew someone who raced would nibble at that bait. He He !! How about the death rate at a track is a hell of a lot less for innocent people driveing home from work.
How many deaths from sanctioned raceing running into daily commuters can you think of....... ( Insert Jepordy music here ) NONE!!! And lets see if you smack a gaurdrail at the track there are emergency personel at either end of the track to cut you out and rush you to the hospital. How many of your buddies carry the jaws of life in there trunk? I'm betting not too many. And the I race so far out there excuse doesn't work either. Where
you live have you heard of DEER? Hit one at 100mph and see how your safe waaay
out there. Last I checked No deer at tracks. My mom and dad drive a BIG truck. SO!!
Hit it head on a 90 with them doing 50 thats a impact of 140mph. How do you think good old mom and dad will fair in that crash? Mmm not good I'd bet. Look you cannot give a good reason to street race its stupid as hell I just hope you realize that before you hurt someone or yourselves, or worse. Go ahead think your Mr. Badass, how badass are you gonna be getting handcuffed and put into a police car while you watch paramedics try to save the 6 year old little girl and her mother as the husband looks on screaming hes gonna kill you while being held down by 3 or 4 cops so he can't. You cannot justify the pure stupidity of street raceing all your doing is making yourselves look like bigger fools by argueing it ok. I have a better idea for you its called Russian
Roulet that way your not hurting anyone but yourselves. And the adrenaline rush is supposed to be awesome! But remember if your lucky enough to hear 5 clicks you may want to stop.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 1:33 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Well I knew someone who raced would nibble at that bait. He He !! How about the death rate at a track is a hell of a lot less for innocent people driveing home from work.
How many deaths from sanctioned raceing running into daily commuters can you think of....... ( Insert Jepordy music here ) NONE!!! And lets see if you smack a gaurdrail at the track there are emergency personel at either end of the track to cut you out and rush you to the hospital. How many of your buddies carry the jaws of life in there trunk? I'm betting not too many. And the I race so far out there excuse doesn't work either. Where
you live have you heard of DEER? Hit one at 100mph and see how your safe waaay
out there. Last I checked No deer at tracks. My mom and dad drive a BIG truck. SO!!
Hit it head on a 90 with them doing 50 thats a impact of 140mph. How do you think good old mom and dad will fair in that crash? Mmm not good I'd bet. Look you cannot give a good reason to street race its stupid as hell I just hope you realize that before you hurt someone or yourselves, or worse. Go ahead think your Mr. Badass, how badass are you gonna be getting handcuffed and put into a police car while you watch paramedics try to save the 6 year old little girl and her mother as the husband looks on screaming hes gonna kill you while being held down by 3 or 4 cops so he can't. You cannot justify the pure stupidity of street raceing all your doing is making yourselves look like bigger fools by argueing it ok. I have a better idea for you its called Russian
Roulet that way your not hurting anyone but yourselves. And the adrenaline rush is supposed to be awesome! But remember if your lucky enough to hear 5 clicks you may want to stop.

I've seen deer on a track, its happened several times, bunnies, squirrels, happens all the time. And at the strip by my house i could possibly see a tire jumping the track and landing on route 40 and killing someone driving along. not that im arguing for street racing or anything, just, it does happen.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 1:53 PM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ YES and the space shuttle could have to make an emergency landing on the dragstrip while your in the middle of the race. Or a 747 could run out of fuel and need to land at the same time the space shuttle is. Man talk about an accident! Deer are scared away by loud noises and exactly how quiet is it at this track you speak of? Oh same goes for bunnies and squirles I don't know what kind of furry woodland creatures you have by your house but around here they hear an engine screaming at full throttle and they run like hell and don't come back. Besides the track should have a fence around it and if its near a road they need a fence that is regulation height to keep flying tires from going into the street. But does this track have emergency personel there for every race? Well theres your difference. If you hit said bunny at 90 and go spinning into the gaurdrail cause of all the bunny guts ( bunny guts are slippery ) then you at least have someone there who can cut you out if need be. That and you didn't hurt anyone but yourself and your car no innocent bystanders were killed, Well cept the bunny.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 1:59 PM on j-body.org
An excellent resource fo rinformation on street racing and it's effects actually comes form the police themselves. http://www.popcenter.org/Problems/problem-street_racing.htm.

My favorite argument so far is that "since the death rate is lower than drunk driving or smoking related deaths, it's OK". Not only is that contention pretty disgusting, it's also hopelessly inaccurate. A large part of the problem with statistical reporting on "street racing acidents" is that there is no firm way ot track it. Many states, even to this day, have no in-place method to report "racing" as the cause of an accident. So an accident that is obviously caused by two morons tearing down the street to see who's Metro is faster gets recorded on the books (and crunched in the statistics) as being caused by "excessive speed".

Most of the people who spend inordinate amounts of time arguing in favor of street racing won't take the time to read that report because of their 15-20 second attention spans. Those that do might learn a thing or two. It won't change anything they do...because the selfishness inherent to the street racing culture preculdes consideration of consequences.

San Diego set the bar...they were the first ones to pass a forfeiture law that applied specifically to street racing. Several other California cities followed suit, as have other cities across the country. The push is to have that passed as a universal law in all 50 states. If you are convicted of a street racing offense, you SHOULD lose your car...as well as your license.

I spoke to my step-mother, who has been an insurance agent for many years, to get some insight on their take on street racing. It was a short simple answer..."most companies, if they find out you were racing, will cancel your policy outright." "So they wouldn't pay the claim?" "Not only would they not pay the claim, some of them would charge you back the administrative costs of the claim!"

Many states are re-writing their statutes to make street-racing related deaths more than "vehicular homocide" or "criminally negligent homocide". In some places, you kill someone in a race and you can go up for second degree murder! That's because you "engaged in behavior fully aware that it could cause injury or death to another person".

It's getting tougher and tougher to be a way-cool elite street racer these days...but I'm sure the Fast and Furious contingent of our membership will find some way to pull it off.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 2:01 PM on j-body.org
Look like I said where I do it is not possible to hit oncoming commuters cause ther are NONE. so what if I hit a deer and kill myself it would be the same if I hit a wall at the track and killed myself right

(Insert really cool picture of my car with some catchy name or slogan here)
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 2:12 PM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ Um no actualy. If you hit a deer out in the middle of BFE whos gonna be around to help you? Your buddies? Like I said before how many of them carry the jaws of life in the trunk? At a track you have emergency staff there that can save your life if you crash. And there all of what not even a minute away? Out there in BFE whats the responce time like? Oh I got a rosy picture for you, You wreck and the car catches fire
your at the track and the fire crew puts out the fire and they cut you out of the car you live.
You wreck in BFE no fire crew comes and you burn to death cause your trapped. Now
which sounds better to you? Like I said you cannot justify street raceing its impossible. You could also play Russian rulet for thrills but I don't see many of you jumping up to do that. Hmm whats the difference dead is dead right? Hell of an adrenaline rush till the gun goes bang.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 2:17 PM on j-body.org
Look lets just put it this way.. I did street race emphasis on DID butyou just have to take my word for it when I say the only posible fatalities were me and the other racer. I don't condone street racing since I am now married with 3 children. But if its what floats your boats and are smart enough to find a TRUE safe place to do it. I say go forit.

As for all the ANti-street racers. Look turn your vigilante cause to somwthing with substance that you can actually make a change. Lite Breast cancer awarness, or Aids research, maybe Autism. those diseases kill millions of UN SUSPECTING people each year and they ARE TOTALLY preventable. Thats where your attention should be focused not on some kid out getting his thrill.

I have said my peice not to upset anyone. Just let everyone know where I stand on the subjects and facts.

Thanks for making this a discussion and not a flamer war

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 2:20 PM on j-body.org
Also your entire argument has been but you CAN kill wifes and children. Now I take that out of the equation and all you have is but you can kill yourself. Guess what brother thats the racers choice to make Not yours or Any one else's.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 2:23 PM on j-body.org
Next thing is Smoking take that away too cause i might kill myself.

Ok seriously it is all I have to say on the subject thank you for your time

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 2:33 PM on j-body.org
if people want to race on a back road with possibly hitting a deer, bunnys, the boogie man, let them. if they die, one less moron in the world

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 2:46 PM on j-body.org
^^^^^^^^^ Ok that kinda angered me

And if you eat to many fatty Mcdonalds Burguers and Die one less retard at Mcd's then?

That is moronic to call the people who choose to do it safely and I mean Truly safely morons becasue they choose to do something that MAY or ,heres the kicker, MAY NOT injury Themselfs?

We make the same choice everyday when we walk out of our front doors! it may or may not be dangerous today but you choose to do it as safley as possibly

see what i am getting at?

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 3:07 PM on j-body.org
Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:^^^^^^^^^ Ok that kinda angered me

And if you eat to many fatty Mcdonalds Burguers and Die one less retard at Mcd's then?

That is moronic to call the people who choose to do it safely and I mean Truly safely morons becasue they choose to do something that MAY or ,heres the kicker, MAY NOT injury Themselfs?

We make the same choice everyday when we walk out of our front doors! it may or may not be dangerous today but you choose to do it as safley as possibly

see what i am getting at?

not to start anything with you because i respect yours and everyones opinion but man.....you make absolutely no sense....your arguments are not even comparative to this topic. I don't knowq....maybe I'm not reading you right but for now......to me, you make no sense.....not calling you out or calling you dumb.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 3:12 PM on j-body.org
No biggee I will try to explain

He called someone who choose to street race safley a moron

what i am saying is you choose to do things that can kill you everyday does that make you a moron?

I am not saying street racing is right really But I believe there are 2 kinds
safely (only endangering yourself)
not safe (endagering others)

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 4:08 PM on j-body.org
First off you have no idea what people do outside of this site. Maybe some do some fundraising for various causes and whatnot, you could never know. My Mom is a breast cancer survivor, but you could have never known that. This is a car site and we are talking about a car related topic. Our energies while here are directed correctly, not at autism awareness but at street racing. That's a simple concept. Your attempt to confuse the issue will be ignored. If you were here arguing in favour of drinking and driving, we could argue that.

Second. With all of the effort that would be required to ensure you had a "safe street race", wouldn't it be easier to just go to a track?

You do relaize that you or someone in your family could be killed by a street racer right? Are you sure you want to condone it? I know, I know, you said if it was done safely etc. I'll make it simple. Paved roads are paved because they have enough traffic to warrant it. A road that nobody ever uses does not justify pavement. That means there is no road that is empty 100% guarenteed and suitable for racing.

PAX
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 4:28 PM on j-body.org
people need to stop crying about street racing and get over themselves. People die, people crash, people put people in danger while racing. Its all true, but nothing you say or show here or anywhere is gonna stop it. Any you need to stop looking at street racing as in the movies, cause its nothing like that in most cases. Say what you want....i will always race, and everyone who races now will always race until something bad happens to someone in front of them and even then i wouldnt be surprised if they did it again. I know a kid has died at the site where i race, he was a dip@!#$ and didnt know when to shut down and was too hard headed to accept defeat. In review....stop crying, get over yourself, nothing you say or argue about will stop racers from racing.....

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 5:14 PM on j-body.org
Well actually the road is paved not due to high traffic but due to the ONLY route to the lake No homes Inhabit this 8 Mile stretch of Road with no Intersections. THe road is completly flat for 3 miles (where we used to race) So seeing any on coming traffic is easy. we go for one mile. This is a 4 lane road so noone is on the Wrong side of the road. you really would have to see it to beleive it. Like I said I have done it when i was younger with nothing to loose and I don't look down on others who do it safely either.

In regards to the effort for a safe street race. The answer is no the only track out there was an 8th mile only open 4 times a year. Plus the effort is simple call the guys drive to the spot 1 signal car off to the side of the road at the signal spot and a starter its rather simple.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 5:27 PM on j-body.org
I think it's pretty interesting how when the street racing debate comes up the first thing street racers want to remind us of is "there's NOTHING you can do about it!!!".

Then they want to remind us how MORE people die from drunk driving.

"There's NOTHING you can do about it!!!"

Then they want to remind us that there are more important things to worry about like AIDS or breast cancer.

Then they almost always have to throw in the "damn the torpedoes" or "throwing caution to the wind" badass statement and tell us how they KNOW someone who died, or even that THEY have been in an accident themselves as a result of racing. Then they tell us how even considering that they STILL street race! How badass is that??!

Never do they get the logic that we're talking about street racing, not AIDS, drunk driving or breast cancer. That doesn't matter. We try to explain to them that there could be safer ways to do things. They scoff at that. We talk about tracks. They say "not exciting enough!". We do and say whatever we have to do to convince them not to race on our streets and endanger our friends and families. They tell us we don't know what we're talking about. So we take action.

"There's NOTHING you can do about it!!!"...Actually, yes there is.

Street racers in San Diego thought there was nothing that could be done to stop them. Now the city takes their cars. The same thing is happening in an ever-increasing number of cities all across the country. Almost every insurance policy underwritten in this country now includes some kind of clause to address racing and the resulting immediate cancellation of coverage. Many states are also considering bills to as much as triple ANY fines levied in association with a street racing stop. So if you were going to get a $100 speeding ticket, it's now $300, etc. That, of course, is on top of the fines and points for the racing offense itself, reckless driving and all that. It'll add up pretty quickly. Those of you that don't think your car is cool enough because of it's speed limiter have tried to remove it. Some have succeeded. Not to worry, because there are ALREADY laws and insurance clauses just for you! "Removal of factory installed safety devices" is grounds for policy termination if the device or it's removal were a factor in the accident. Speed accident + removal of speed limiter = no insurance. Not to mention the odometer fraud charges that result from the "most common method" of getting rid of said limiter.

Bitching about street racing on these forums is a sideline of mine. A diversion from the daily grind, so to speak. If nothing else it pays to "know thine enemy" when you're a person who actively seeks to get rid of them. My "real" contribution to the cause is contributing to and volunteering for the PACs (political action committees) that lobby legislatures to pass forfeiture laws and other stricter penalties for street racers, agressive drivers AND drunk drivers. So there are things we can do about it. Just because they're not all happening in your neighborhood TODAY doesn't mean they're not coming. You can run, but you can't hide. Have a nice day.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 5:34 PM on j-body.org
You guys are a trip I swear !! If you take other out of the equation then its just the racers life. Then GO PLAY RUSSIAN ROULET !!! Its a great rush !!! And as I said before as long as you hear 5 clicks and stop then your just as safe as your street raceing.
Woo Hoo have fun there tough guys i just hope you are the only one who dies when you wreck and that you don't take other with you.

And I know nothing said here will stop you guys none of you have the gray matter to even comprehend why its wrong !! So how could it ever change your mind. Oh I know
wait till someone your friends with is a passenger in a car that the driver is street raceing and loses controle and wrecks the driver oh hes fine but the passenger dies from hitting a tree when hes thrown from the car. This happened to my friend back in high school his name was Rufus a hell of a great guy that just landed a full scolership to college he had just proposed to his girlfriend and it was gone cause some dumb ass named Jason decided that his Escort could beat an Eclipse turbo. He lost the race Rufus lost his life. I haven't street raced since and I used to win BIG money doing it too. I wouldn't line up for less then $500.00 and I never lost. I hope none of you street raceing brain surgens have to go thru this for you to learn but I doubt you will. Oh and Jason he spent some time in jail and before he went in we all beat the s--t out of him whenever we could catch him.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 5:37 PM on j-body.org
Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:No biggee I will try to explain

He called someone who choose to street race safley a moron

what i am saying is you choose to do things that can kill you everyday does that make you a moron?

I am not saying street racing is right really But I believe there are 2 kinds
safely (only endangering yourself)
not safe (endagering others)

choose to street race SAFLEY???? what the heck is that? its not safe. if it take place on a crowded highway or a back road

Quote:

yup.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 7:48 PM on j-body.org
street race safely........isn't that an oxymoron???

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 7:54 PM on j-body.org
Yes... it is.

If you're going to engage in a timed/sprint race, a track is the answer.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 9:22 PM on j-body.org
I wont bring in any other things such as aids, but I comonly see more accidents from daily drivers in regina from people cutting other people off. they're not racing, are they? Yes, it is stupid, yes there are things to HELP prevent street racing... But honestly, there is NOTHING to stop them. Some people might be scared off because of the huge fines and such, but if you realize, most people arent. I only have 2 speeding tickets. One is $119, and one is $398 (because I was stupidly heading to Regina at 190kph) and I still race.

The racers realize these risks, and accept the consequences. Some can handle them, others cant. Some people get their car taken, they just buy a new one. Honestly, there is no "safe" street racing IF you count risking your own life. Racers dont consider this unsafe because they've already accepted the consequences. Yeah, most people who've been in an accident resulting from racing (innocent, or racer) usually do stop. But alot do not. I've witnessed an accident on main street here in town involving a corvette. Looked like both people were killed (one was innocently driving the opposite direction, the corvette spun out and the damage was that bad) but both escaped with minor injuries. I never saw the corvette guy race again. However, even after seeing the effects of this, I still do it. By the way, the deer here, arent afraid of loud noises. On a "freeway" here in town, I saw a whole family of deer as I sped by them. All they did was look up almost as if to say "the hell?".

And dont say there IS something that you can do to stop street racing, because they only time they are stopped from doing it... is AFTER it's done. Seriously, where's the argument there?
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 9:59 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

If you take other out of the equation then its just the racers life. Then GO PLAY RUSSIAN ROULET !!! Its a great rush !!!

Cause that doesn't excite me but racing safely on the street DID.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 2:58 AM on j-body.org
Who gives a @!#$ guys? Really? Contact your state congressman and get over it.

Josh
SLK 32

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:32 AM on j-body.org
my problem with street racing is this.

if you want to go out and race and kill yourself, fine, i agree that everyone has the right to kill themselves in any way they see fit.

but lets say you are deciding to race against the clock on a set course on the highway, so your doing 150mph and some innocent person is driving along, changes lanes to pass someone, sees you in the mirror, but just figures your going somewhere in the 65-80 mph range like everone else, not 150 like an idiot. whats gonna happen? that innocent person is going to die along with you, and you have no right to kill them. thats my problem with racing. you can be the best driver in the world. it doesn't matter on the streets, your only as good as the worst driver on the road. basically its like this. if you street race, its just a matter of time before you hurt someone, and you WILL hurt someone eventually. i don't care if you think its "controlled" its not

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search