street racing.... - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: street racing....
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 5:08 AM on j-body.org
Theres no such thing as "safe street raceing" don't try and fool yourself cause in the end you'll just be a fool. Stop being stupid and GO TO A TRACK!!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 5:16 AM on j-body.org
Funny.. Some will say that they street racing because it's more exciting than the track.. That is complete BS as I have done both (I was young and stupid once too) and the track is a way bigger rush. The timing tree makes the difference, big tension, big release, big adrenaline. On top of that, you can actually get ideas about how your car is running from the timeslip.. You get feedback and can improve whatever is lacking.

I think many street racers would stop if they just had the courage to take a run down a track. The track can be a bit intimidating because there are often very fast cars there. Don't worry about it, your not racing for prize money, you're just out to have some fun. Take one run down the track and your fears will go away. It's a cool place to see some great cars run too. There are many benefits.

Then go to a road course... OMG what a blast. I almost pulled my bike off the road this year because the track is just so much more fun.

Of course there's the safety aspect too. Street racers don't seem to care about their safety or the safety of others though, or they wouldn't do it. Somebody said I hope the person they kill is themselves, and at first I agreed, but now I'm thinking it'd be better if they killed a member of their own family and lived to see it. Death is too easy, years and years of guilt is far better.

PAX
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 5:21 AM on j-body.org
in my neck of the woods recently there was a crash between 2 kids racing little tuner cars, as a result of the crash one died, and the other fled the scene. he was caught and charged with vehicular manslaughter. hes going to prison for a long time. neither car was what you would consider fast, but neither driver knew how to drive. sad ending to what seemed like a harmless thing to do on a summer day. thers a dragstrip 20 minutes away. their parents must be so proud of them, especially the dead kids parents.
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 5:39 AM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ But no man we're not hurting anyone but ourselves. Its all good. How much you bet he changes his tune when hes in the prison shower.

Just don't forget DO NOT BEND OVER TO PICK UP THE SOAP !!! And if someone says you have a pretty mouth RUN.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 9:41 AM on j-body.org
Well I have Explained my posotion. I also have done both I go to the Track ALmost every other friday. Just explaining the scenario's when I think it is OK. You have the right to not agree with me .

(Insert really cool picture of my car with some catchy name or slogan here)
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:14 AM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ Cool I'm glad we all have the right to disagree with you. Boy I sure will sleep better tonight now that I don't have THAT to worry about. ( rollseyes )

We just don't want to see anyone get hurt or killed or kill someone else thats all. But by all means disagree with that as much as you like.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:16 AM on j-body.org
I will continue to disagree with it till you open your eyes and READ. you go back and forth on the reasons Street Racing is BAD. I took those factors away when I was doing it. The best you can give is you might kill yourself. Thats my Choice to make. Not anyone elses.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:48 AM on j-body.org
you guys keep bringing up deaths of racers and prison and such. Havent we already explained that racers made the choice to accept the risks? you cant stop them until after its done, I wouldnt consider that stopping the racing. Yes, I agree its sad to see people die, innocent or racer. But my point is your guy's only argument is we could end up killing someone. That's usually ourselves. Anyone who street races and HASNT accepted the consequences are either too retarded to know what the possible risks are, or they think they've got godly handling and spider-man reaction time.
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 11:47 AM on j-body.org
Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:I will continue to disagree with it till you open your eyes and READ. you go back and forth on the reasons Street Racing is BAD. I took those factors away when I was doing it. The best you can give is you might kill yourself. Thats my Choice to make. Not anyone elses.

you did NOT take away any factors. sure there may not be any cross traffic, but say you hit a deer doing 120, car is disabled in the middle of a road, on a curve. some guy comes down the road, at night or something, your junk heap is still in the road, he hits it and dies........you just caused a fatality by street racing. there is always an x factor on the street, no matter what "controls" you put in place

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 11:48 AM on j-body.org
WoW its good to know you've excepted the responcibility of your own death. But what about others that may die as a direct result of your actions? Oh wait I forgot you took away all the innocent bystanders right? PUHLEEZ!! Grow up!! You donot have an "S"
on your chest, your not the big badass you think you are, and you damn sure have NO
friggin clue as to what death is like. You all talk a big game but you'll be crying and screaming like a baby not to mention s--ting yourselves if anything does go wrong. As
I've said before you have NO, NONE, ZIP, ZERO, ZILCH reasons to show why its ok to street race. All you have is the compleatly misguided belief that "It won't happen to me" Are you all that stupid or just INCREDIBLY nieve? And yes its one or the other.
So which catagory do you fall under? You still haven't given ONE good reason not to go to the track all you've done is mistakenly think that you can make this into a moot point by saying its your choice. Thats just a childish cop out bull s--t excuse and you know it. That on dude whos says hes got 3 kids, You must be without a doubt completely
out of your mind if you can't see how your stupidity can effect the lives of others if you die doing your street racing. Who is gonna take care of your kids? Wife? Rent or Mortgage payments? Man you NEED to do some serious growing up FAST before your family has to suffer from your terminal stupidity. I just hope to GOD for your kids sake you wake up and relize that your actions effect others in ways that you way not see.
That goes for all the rocket scientist's out there that think its "COOL" This is the real world not the "Fast and the Furious" You make a mistake here and you die. Like I said you all talk a good game and think your a bad ass but your not. This is why the legal age for getting a drivers licence should be raised to 21 cause by then hopefully you'll have grown up enough to make adult desisions. Cause right now you all sound like
a bunch of 16 year olds who think there tough guys cause they slap a header and intake on there car.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 1:33 PM on j-body.org
I am 16, and no, I have never tried justifying street racing. I've only simply said that we've accepted the risks. I've said several times that I DO think it's stupid, but that doesnt stop me from doing it. One night I raced the black "Pakistang" 3 times. I missed a gear the first 2 times, the third time I got it. But near the end of the 2nd race I saw one of the drunken passengers of another car watching from between me and the mustang. I hit the brakes the second I saw the silhouette, and moved a little further to the outside of the road. When we got back to where the other people were watching from (the side of the road at the end of the 1/4 mile here) I told them I refuse to race until the drunken one was out of the middle of the road. After about 3 minutes of convincing them, they pulled him out of the middle of the road, and me and the pakistang had our final, 3rd race. There are smart decisions you can make involved in street racing. I like to think that was one of them. And I know exactly what you're thinking: "There are no smart decisions in street racing" because "it's stupid to do it in the first place". Blocking the roads eliminates most drivers from entering the projected course. That doesnt stop pedestrians though, and I know a few drivers who simply go around the barricade. But guess what? The police, RCMP, and Military Police in my city actually dont care that we street race where we do (#2 highway going south to the border) because at the time of night that we do it, there's literally no traffic. NONE. There's RARELY any animals around (I almost hit a deer in my camry after a test run, but then again, staying calm is the best bet to keep from hitting it because if you panic, you slam the brakes, wheels lock up, then you're f***ed) I ran over a dead raccoon in my convertible one night as well doing about 80kph (limit is 100).

Yeah, if you want to stay safe, dont do it. If you accept the risks, then do it smartly. There are an infinite amount of factors while driving PERIOD. Street racing just increases the chances of something bad happening that you cannot avoid.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 2:23 PM on j-body.org
What ever there superman. I just hope you all live to be ale to legaly drink.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 2:48 PM on j-body.org
I dont know how many of you life in York PA where decent amount of racing happens but alot of these take place on route 30.....i have never had a race on 30 go over 70 except for one heading towards Hellam which most of you know as pretty open highway. As far as the racing on market street i never break about 40 because if the person cant beat you or you cant beat them by 40 then you either accept defeat or take it to 30. Bottom line is most peoples perceptions of street racing is doin 120 down a city street and its nothing like that, at least around here.....and i also go to Cecil on occasion so its not like i dont enjoy the track.

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 3:32 PM on j-body.org
Superfire GT wrote:Ummm, I think the safest places to drag race a car is probably on a drag strip. I've heard of far too many people dying while just watching the races to agree with you.

I guess its time to ban rally racing too

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 5:24 PM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ No there needs to be a ban on stupidity.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 5:37 PM on j-body.org
^^ Once again Jackalope you have Proven to me one THIng Either you can't read or choose not too.
I said I did Street race I no longer due. The reason I choose not too! I am the one with 3 children. I also am 22 not 16. You are making stupid Claims noe that have no basis.

The other guy that said what if I hit a deer and my car is diasbled in the road and it get hit later on by another car. Guess what you go about a half mile to a mile up the road flag the traffic tell them a disabled car is in the road. ANd for the guy that won't stop its called Road Flares Which I keep in my car and always have since i was 14. Its people like you who SHOULDN"T be street racing cause you can't figure out a simple answer to the Dumb what IF questions. All the what ifs where always taken care of right down to a CB tuned to the emergeny channel Just in case we hurt ourselves.

Game over stop arguing the fact is you can do it Safe but noone wants to admit it can be done.

THe guy who said its not 120 down the main road is absolutley correct. I think the people arguing against street racing thinks its more like the movies then the people who actually do it.

Thank you Move on

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 6:09 PM on j-body.org
no, street racing CANNOT UNDER ANY CURCUMSTANCES BE DONE SAFELY it is impossible. there are too many variables on the streets that you cannot control.

on a track people know your there, the track is clear of others, its more controlled, the streets are not safe, and never will be safe to race on........ever

so don't try to give me that "oh we make it safe" @!#$, you can't make it safe, its just a matter of time before you or one of your idiot friends kills an innocent person, and i hope when you do, they get the racer for first degree murder and make you watch him get executed

Hail Satan

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 7:02 PM on j-body.org
Thats it, you guys aren't allowed to drive.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 7:03 PM on j-body.org
^^ your just Uneducated in the matter then. If I still did it I would invite everyone out to see it. You have No idea what your talking about. It was safe as any track I promise this

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 7:10 PM on j-body.org
that was for mikec2003

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 7:34 PM on j-body.org
im pretty sure it was understood that your comment was for me and i dunno, unless i could see your supposedly foolproof method of making it safe i just have to agree with what i said, i just cannot see how you can factor out every variable that is likely to happen. mabey im too quick to judge, mabey you do somehow have a method of ensureing that the road is not able to be penetrated by anyone but racers. i guess if you somehow could do that, and somehow still not impede traffic flow. then it is still illegal, but i could care less about laws, just so long as you don't hurt any innocent people

Hail Satan

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 7:48 PM on j-body.org
the dangers of street racing are EXACTLY the same as regular driving. Street racing simply increases the chances of it happening. And as someone once explained in an earlier post, when a deer runs out in front of you, drive faster, there's less damage. At least according to him. If you hit the brakes before u hit the deer, the car's hood acts as a ramp for the body, which is perfectly logical unless you're in a 10' high truck.

But face it, seriously, there's nothing you can do to stop street racing. Once it's done, its done, THEN we take action. Are you going to say that police are going to take our cars away BEFORE we do it? No, that's not possible, nor legal.
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 8:49 PM on j-body.org
THATS IT
NO MORE RACING ANYWHERE

THERE IS A RISK THAT SOMEONE CAN GET A BOO BOO!!!!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 9:23 PM on j-body.org
Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:
The other guy that said what if I hit a deer and my car is diasbled in the road and it get hit later on by another car. Guess what you go about a half mile to a mile up the road flag the traffic tell them a disabled car is in the road. ANd for the guy that won't stop its called Road Flares Which I keep in my car and always have since i was 14. Its people like you who SHOULDN"T be street racing cause you can't figure out a simple answer to the Dumb what IF questions. All the what ifs where always taken care of right down to a CB tuned to the emergeny channel Just in case we hurt ourselves.

Game over stop arguing the fact is you can do it Safe but noone wants to admit it can be done.

I don't know how well your area monitors CB, but if you depended on that for an emergency, I sure wouldn't be street racing with you, even if I did street racing. From what I am reading, you folks think that street racing can be as safe as track racing. Do you folks that street race have EMTs sitting by the road side in case of an accident? I don't think so. Do you have the fire department sitting on the side of the road in case of a crash and fire? I don't think so.

Calvin, you say you are 16, but yet your profile states your birthday is in 1976. I use math everyday at my job and the math works out to be 29. So what age are you? If 16, you shouldn't be racing since you haven't had you license that long and really don't know how to properly drive. If you are 29, you need to grow up and not street race.

Listen folks, street racing is not as safe as track racing. You CANNOT remove all the unknown factors in street racing. The only way to do that is to have the local police block off a section of road and make announcements in the paper and local news stations. This would help to improve your chances. You still have the uncontrolled animal crossing. So you see, even with local authority approval and help, you cannot make it as safe as track racing. You may have accepted what could happen, but have you really thought it through? Someone else stated about having children and a wife. Think how they would feel if you were killed or how they would feel if you killed someone and were sent to prison. Bottom line is, take in the big picture of the concsequences if something goes wrong. It might not just affect you.

98 Z24

RIP Specks
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 9:55 PM on j-body.org
^^ you obviously haven't read the whole thing! I don't street race anymore. It can be done safely. Yes as a mter of fact some of the racers were medics from the air force. So that covered the EMT thing. I can hit an animal on the street just as easy as I can hit a wall on the track so it is the same in the area that I did it. You would have to see it to believe it but its the truth.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search