MAC VS PC!!! LETS HAVE IT OUT!!! - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: MAC VS PC!!! LETS HAVE IT OUT!!!
Thursday, April 06, 2006 11:34 AM on j-body.org
Exactly, and now that there is only one comptuer that will run, Linux, Windows, and OSX, all anyone would ever need is a Mac, unless you need to do some heavy multitasking, and then you can get 2 macs

Thursday, April 06, 2006 11:38 AM on j-body.org
Cable wrote:Exactly, and now that there is only one comptuer that will run, Linux, Windows, and OSX, all anyone would ever need is a Mac, unless you need to do some heavy multitasking, and then you can get 2 macs

I guess you missed the part about horsepower and not being able to buy the kind of horsepower in a Mac.

---

Thursday, April 06, 2006 12:18 PM on j-body.org
You can buy it, but you have to be Bill Gates to afford it.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 12:21 PM on j-body.org
oh yes, I forgot Apple uses the most efficient / powerfull processors......

The PowerMac series has not transisitioned yet, by about June you will see Quad Core PMs trouncing equivlent PCs.

Also you get what you pay for, price out a machine with a decent PSU, a nice antec case, and Asus components, Delphi designed water cooling, and you will be closer to Apple hardware quality...

I do however agree apple needs a better mid range niche market computer, the imac is a little on the skimpy side with a ATi X1600 and only a Dual core 2.0Ghz.. and the powermacs, while being awesome, are also pretty $$$$, they need a tower machine that is more expandilbe than the imac, but is not insane like the PM.. I think the transisition to intel will help them acheive this. I would like to see a scaled down version of the PowerMac start @ ~$1,000 instead of the current $1,999.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 2:11 PM on j-body.org
Roscoe wrote:oh and by the way as much as i am a PC lover....take a freshly built PC and leave it on a cable modem with no antivirus for a couple days...see what happenes...

well i came home and its just sitting there just like I left it? Whats supposed to happen? Could you clue me in, no new files were added, whats going to happen?

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, April 06, 2006 2:38 PM on j-body.org
considering the condition of that laptop when i bought it, i could list things for you...

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

MS Walk April 21 - thanks to those of you who have supported me!
Thursday, April 06, 2006 7:20 PM on j-body.org
mac is good for graphics but also now mac runs on Intel so it can be mix between windows and mac a other thing about mac its based on unix aka linux

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Thursday, April 06, 2006 8:19 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

well i came home and its just sitting there just like I left it? Whats supposed to happen? Could you clue me in, no new files were added, whats going to happen?

You dont have any sort of antivirus or firewall etc.???

Friday, April 07, 2006 4:21 AM on j-body.org
SunfireN2o( theAnGrYCnSrvTve) wrote:
Quote:

You dont have any sort of antivirus or firewall etc.???

nope...he didn't on the laptop i bought from him, and when i got it the hard drive was chock full of spyware, malware, and trojans. Scruf ended up doing a clean install of the OS just to make things work right again. if i had done it, i would have had a broken laptop from being so pissed at it.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

MS Walk April 21 - thanks to those of you who have supported me!
Friday, April 07, 2006 7:17 AM on j-body.org
Everyone, just watch this video. It should solve the whole debate.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2764112779024296045&q=apple+computers&pl=true

Friday, April 07, 2006 10:14 AM on j-body.org

Friday, April 07, 2006 10:28 AM on j-body.org
I just enjoy using pc's more than Mac's. They both have strong points but I am more comfortable in front of a pc. That is why I have 3 pc's in this room, and a linux machine in the other room. My neighbor only has mac's so I use them regularly. Pc's are just better for me.

Saturday, April 08, 2006 7:08 AM on j-body.org

Saturday, April 08, 2006 7:52 AM on j-body.org

Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:02 AM on j-body.org

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Burgundy 2006 Saturn Ion - My winter beater
Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:45 AM on j-body.org
Thats supposed to be funny? I thought humor was supposed to be ironic or something??

They make thousands of games for OSX, not to mention that you can now play everygame for windows on the mac.. My brother is a big gamer, and his next gaming rig is officially going to be a mac, he now has the optiopn to sell his mini, and his PC, and replace them with one Mac that will do it all...

^^ now thats funny!! HA!

Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:57 AM on j-body.org
Jesus Mac molesters cant even take a joke...

Im glad your brother decided to switch. Congrats!! You have converted another. Like i said if you wanna argue about that i have a list of people who were mac lovers and wouldnt touch a PC....that now hate there macs...

Saturday, April 08, 2006 10:02 AM on j-body.org

Saturday, April 08, 2006 10:26 AM on j-body.org
My brother is the one that converted me about 4 years ago.

If you could read you would have been able to see that he already owns a mini. basically he is trading in 2 machines so he can have jsut one for everything.

Quake 3 is available for OSX, and minesweeper comes with windows...

Its like you guys are mentally handicapped or somehting.

Saturday, April 08, 2006 10:28 AM on j-body.org
i like minesweeper

anybody else play?

Saturday, April 08, 2006 10:40 AM on j-body.org
No its like we are joking or something...

But your too far stuck up your macs ass hole to understand that...

Saturday, April 08, 2006 11:00 AM on j-body.org

Saturday, April 08, 2006 12:20 PM on j-body.org
^^^ Thats great, shows how clueless even most techs are about Macs... 1st they choose not to educate themselves on the most basic of operations so they dont know how to fix the most basic of problems. and second, they are too dence to realize that its still just a computer, with a hard drive, a cpu, a cd rom, a power supply, etc, they are diagnosed and repaired the same way as a PC.

I dont know who is more unaware, the cartoonist that made the cartoon, or the audience he is presenting it to.

Saturday, April 08, 2006 12:53 PM on j-body.org
i know i know everyone is a @!#$ idiot when compared to you.

ITS A @!#$ JOKE!

Saturday, April 08, 2006 3:55 PM on j-body.org
Why is it Mac's tend to turn people into evangelist douchebags?

Windows OS's - every version I can think of has had security issues. Yes, a Windows
machine without anti-virus software, it's like @!#$ crack whores bareback - you're gonna
catch something if you keep at it long enough.

Mac's - I just don't see enough server apps for what I work in for them for me to consider, I
work with computers, not play on them like a pimply faced goofball. That and I have never
really liked the user interface. See enough of that bomb picture when the machine craps
out and you might share my opinion.

PC running linux for the win for me. Open source OS + server applications, I built a sweet
machine for $400 CDN. When I need a windows server, its run in VMWare under linux.

And really, it's a pointless debate, it's like arguing pontiac over chevrolet, taste can't be
argued. Unless you are a douchebag.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search