Next-Gen Console Wars? PS3 vs. 360 vs. Wii - Page 9 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Next-Gen Console Wars? PS3 vs. 360 vs. Wii
Wednesday, September 12, 2007 7:28 PM on j-body.org
i like the virtual console on the wii
and WiFi play is available with Mario Strikers Charged so i know that means the door is open for other games with online play
also, whats good about the wii, is the expansion of what they call channels so you can access other info instantly. you pretty much dont need a computer really if you have a wii, except to use messengers
i can get weather, news, and the internet on it, which is nice, but i dont really use them because i do have a computer.
the wii is really an all in one family entertainment type system, which i think is great, because you can get more people into it
XBox live does have benefits that the wii does not, like the movies and expanded/updated content
the content part may come to the wii, but with the lack of a hard drive, i dont think movies will be available unless an attachable hard drive unit is offered
Xbox definitely has the online edge in terms of head to head gameplay, but the wii also has some similar capabilities
i was not too sure about online play before, but playing mario strikers on wifi im pretty sold as its fun playin other people

Thursday, September 13, 2007 4:21 AM on j-body.org
No good PS3 games?
Warhawk Great Flying
Resistance FPS
Motorstorm Racing
Haze FPS
Super Rub-a-dub No idea on where it fits
Home I guess along the lines of the sims
calling all cars Twisted metal on crack.

Wahawk has something like 80,000 people on at any given time, and it has only been out for a few weeks......and sales are still up. They are preparing for at least 250,000. For a online only game at that.

Yes halo 3 is great, at least the beta was ok, and don't forget metroid.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, September 13, 2007 4:24 AM on j-body.org
Forgot about the $399.99 ps3 with a 40 Gb HDD that will be out soon.
X-box has no high deph reader out of the both, you need a HD-DVD player. Which would make it a lot more than the PS3, and the PS3 has no online annual fees at all.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 11:16 AM on j-body.org
Free online ftw
if sony does come out with a cheaper ps3 in the realm of the xbox360 price, that will probably help them out in ways they cant imagine
especially come christmas time
will it be enough to stop or slow the insane growth of the wii? there is only one way to find out
It will be hard with the games coming out for the Wii during the Holiday season and the few that have come out recently
Metroid Prime 3 was just released and scheduled in November/December are Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Brothers Brawl which are two of the most highly anticipated games for the wii
it should be a great holiday season for all systems, and for gaming in general

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 12:54 AM on j-body.org
Haven't bothered to read the whole thread, but just putting this here for future reference. I'm giving the PS3 5 years at the most, then it'll dominate.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 5:10 PM on j-body.org
in 5 years from now, the ps3 will be on its way out

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 7:42 PM on j-body.org
360 is better cuz halo 3 is out

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 7:46 PM on j-body.org
^^ LOL

---

Thursday, September 20, 2007 10:17 AM on j-body.org
5 years and then... ? They aren't going to dissentigrate... If a system makes it 5 years, it's established.

Prediction of Consoles.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 4:02 PM on j-body.org
EZ3K1EL wrote:5 years and then... ? They aren't going to dissentigrate... If a system makes it 5 years, it's established.

Prediction of Consoles.

5 years from now would be 6 years the console is out
by then PS4 will be out, or coming out within a year

Thursday, September 20, 2007 10:43 PM on j-body.org
Forget it I was confused on what people were talking about...

on a side note, i got Wii 3 days ago

Friday, September 21, 2007 12:06 PM on j-body.org
Tracer Bullet wrote:in 5 years from now, the ps3 will be on its way out

The Playstation 2 went strong for 6 years, and while you're right that PS4 may be out by 2012 (6 years after PS3), please tell me the only previous generations system that games are still being heavily produced for?

Gamecube - Nope
XBox - Not so much
Playstation 2 - Still Going

As far as games such as Need For Speed: Pro Street, Guitar Hero 3, and Rock Band, the list of consoles released on is as follows:

XBox 360
Wii
Playstation 3
Playstation 2

The Playstation 2 isn't even close to done yet, and my bet is the Playstation 3 will follow in it's footsteps. Keep this in mind as well, during the first 3 months of their respective releases, the Playstation 3 outsold the Playstation 2 in the same time frame. So why the death note from the media about the PS3? Simply because it has two competing systems. The Wii is winning the battle as far as consoles sold over a given time frame, but the PS3 and 360 are pretty much dead even, and considering the fact that the original XBox was released in 2001, with the 360 coming out a mere 4 years later, my guess is the XBox 480 will be out much sooner than the Playstation 3 is even close to dead.

Friday, September 21, 2007 12:09 PM on j-body.org
I know this is a double post, but right after I hit submit I realized something else. Playstation was the first system to used CD's, they went big. Playstation 2 was the first system to use DVD's, and now look at them. Playstation 3 is pushing Sony's Blu-Ray format, and I'm sure if they have anything to say about it, it'll be successful. While the Wii still works without DVD playability, it's not supposed to be a PS3 or 360, it's something entirely different. Nintendo will keep doing what they've done best for years, but don't count Sony out yet.

Friday, September 21, 2007 12:27 PM on j-body.org
I agree with you, I think the PS3 will last more than six years. I think Sony said they wanted it to last for 10...

Friday, September 21, 2007 1:10 PM on j-body.org
Ron Carvalho wrote:
Tracer Bullet wrote:in 5 years from now, the ps3 will be on its way out

The Playstation 2 went strong for 6 years, and while you're right that PS4 may be out by 2012 (6 years after PS3), please tell me the only previous generations system that games are still being heavily produced for?

Gamecube - Nope
XBox - Not so much
Playstation 2 - Still Going

As far as games such as Need For Speed: Pro Street, Guitar Hero 3, and Rock Band, the list of consoles released on is as follows:

XBox 360
Wii
Playstation 3
Playstation 2

The Playstation 2 isn't even close to done yet, and my bet is the Playstation 3 will follow in it's footsteps. Keep this in mind as well, during the first 3 months of their respective releases, the Playstation 3 outsold the Playstation 2 in the same time frame. So why the death note from the media about the PS3? Simply because it has two competing systems. The Wii is winning the battle as far as consoles sold over a given time frame, but the PS3 and 360 are pretty much dead even, and considering the fact that the original XBox was released in 2001, with the 360 coming out a mere 4 years later, my guess is the XBox 480 will be out much sooner than the Playstation 3 is even close to dead.

gamecube games are still being produced, moreso than regular xbox games

Friday, September 21, 2007 7:43 PM on j-body.org
Tracer Bullet wrote:gamecube games are still being produced, moreso than regular xbox games

Perhaps, but the point remains that Playstation 2 is still getting far more development than the original Xbox and the Gamecube.

Saturday, September 22, 2007 6:19 AM on j-body.org
because the sales of the ps3 are slow, and the price is still high on them
same thing happened when the ps2 came out, they still made ps1 games because the ps2 was so expensive

Saturday, September 22, 2007 8:55 AM on j-body.org
Developers aren't making games for the PS2 just because PS3 games don't sell as well as 360 and Wii ones (due to a smaller market), they're making them because the PS2 games are still selling well, which shows that it's still not even close to dead.

Look, I understand what you're saying. All I'm saying is that there are still assloads of PS2 owners who buy tons of games, so even though it's next incarnation is out, I'd say the PS2 is still more alive than ever.

Saturday, September 22, 2007 2:40 PM on j-body.org
I thought the sales of PS2 consoles themselves were outselling 360's recently weren't they?

If people are buying PS2 and games still, you can't say it's solely because of the PS3 price, it would be the price of all the consoles that are affecting Ps2 sales...

Saturday, September 22, 2007 6:00 PM on j-body.org
EZ3K1EL wrote:I thought the sales of PS2 consoles themselves were outselling 360's recently weren't they?

If people are buying PS2 and games still, you can't say it's solely because of the PS3 price, it would be the price of all the consoles that are affecting Ps2 sales...

Yes that is true.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Thursday, October 04, 2007 3:45 AM on j-body.org
End of October early November 40Gb PS3 $399. SKU code is out all ready.

PRND321 Till I DIE

Friday, October 05, 2007 3:47 AM on j-body.org
I bought the top of the line version of the PS3 a couple of months after it came out (60 gig with WiFi version), now they have an 80gig version that costs less... go fiqure.

I've actually posted a vew things on this site with it using it's web broswer (basically Mozilla and kinda sucks though).

I don't pay anything for online gaming....

BTW what does the NAT type have to be set to for warhawk to work? mine is set to 3 and I can't figure out how to change it.. I thought about picking up a copy but I wan't to make sure it will work with my net configuration.

All I can think of is that the PS3 is unarguably the most powerfull system out right now... but thats not really the reason I bought it. I bought it because it is a Playstation .... I'm a fan of the controllers and the platform in general. I'm one of those Playstation Loyal people I quess. Just so you know... I don't have a lot of money by any means... I had to save up for the thing.

Friday, October 05, 2007 8:30 AM on j-body.org
I don't think anyone doubts the power. I know I don't. What I do doubt is that the power contained within the processing of that system can't hold a candle to fun, innovative gameplay.

Why do you think people *still* bust out M.U.L.E., DigDug, Space Invaders, Super Mario Brothers, Legend of Zelda, etc, when they can't hold a candle to the power of any modern game? Not all nostalgia, but also the fun of it.

It's like I've said, unless the PS3 does something with that processing power except your dull and boring FPS, Racing Games, et al, They'll be no reason for people getting it execpt eye candy. Most people would get a 360 instead. Even so, it's why the Wii is dominating right now, and why the DS is beating the PSP--innovation and fun trump eye candy any day.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, October 05, 2007 9:10 AM on j-body.org
I'll buy it for $400. Sounds like a christmas present for this year. Then I'll replace the 40gb HD with a 120GB drive from newegg.com for just $67.

---

Friday, October 05, 2007 9:12 AM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:I'll buy it for $400. Sounds like a christmas present for this year. Then I'll replace the 40gb HD with a 120GB drive from newegg.com for just $67.

My thoughts exactly. I don't see any reason to buy the big HDD versions when you can just swap them out. Kudos for thinking

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search