My turbod 04 cavalier rebuild - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My 04 Cavalier 5 speed
Monday, March 28, 2011 9:17 AM
Thanks guys means alot. The engine bay is my number one thing im taking care of. After I get it all back together. The hardpipes painted black makes it look alot better already. Now its just time to clean up the wire mess.

Monday, March 28, 2011 9:51 AM
Don't listen to him keep the hood!

Monday, March 28, 2011 10:20 AM
Man I love the hood and I plan to keep it! I want your sideskirts so bad. The would look sweet on mine.

Monday, March 28, 2011 11:28 AM
looks nice.

Monday, March 28, 2011 1:11 PM
Looks good, there is something about silver Js....

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Monday, March 28, 2011 9:07 PM
The new trans waiting to go in.
The intercooler/hardpipes painted black
The new kendwood excellon with the built in bluetooth
After moving the ecu. Already looks better!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 5:14 PM
Gauges are all rewired just waiting to put it all back together and wire up the amp for my speakers. I need to order the parts for the trans this week so I can get to putting it back together as soon as possible. Seeing it ripped all apart in my garage and it getting nicer out is real hard lol.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:52 PM
tony buntjer wrote:Man I love the hood and I plan to keep it! I want your sideskirts so bad. The would look sweet on mine.

Those are GM's Xtreme Tuner side skirts and are rare. But the EVO 5 side skirts are ALOT easier to get and almost identical with the biggest difference being that the EVO skirts are fiberglass and the Xtreme Tuner skirts are urethane.

That intake manifold looks familiar..... Did you get it used from someone?

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 8:24 PM
Huh I did not know that. Ill keep that in mind when I get some. And the manifold was on the car when I got it. I believe he told me had a local guy fab it up for him. The only thing I don't like about it is that with the throttle body and where its at the throttle cable is bent and broke cause of the the angle its positioned.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 12:04 AM
Update: Just ordered my clutch kit. I went with the exedy pressure plate and the act 6 puck disk. I also ordered the Team green insert but im waiting for a comfirmation on that. Parts should start rolling in soon hopefully. Have to finish up my system and put my 4 channel in and get the guages all wired back up. Then im going to try and clean the wire mess in the bay some more.
If anyone has any pointers or suggestions let me know.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:44 AM
I love the look of your car, the hood works well with what you have going on! Digging the black intercooler!

Thursday, March 31, 2011 12:21 PM
Thanks man I appreciate for sure. Still needs work but I need parts to get it back and running again. Being patient isn't ever fun especially since its getting nice out around here.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:31 PM
I agree with the EVO5 skirts comment. I ordered a set to trade ro JHand for her Razzi skirts.. pretty much the same thing

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:37 PM
The intake manifold was made by Airforced-4...I had one as well and sold it to PJ a long while back.
Friday, April 01, 2011 1:50 PM
Did you like it? Its not bad and I don't have the extra money to get a different one.

Sunday, April 03, 2011 5:44 PM
Well all my parts are ordered. I did the ecu relocation and it turned out great. We did some painting on a few things and it turned out great. Waiting on my team green insert so I can crack this trans open and put it in.

Monday, April 04, 2011 9:21 PM
Well today I finally got my Team green insert. I really wasnt all that happy with it. No Instructions with it and the straps had to be drilled. It was a pain in the ass but after a few trial and errors we finally got it in. I also repainted my dash and put my new deck in and wired up my gauges. I also painted the gay chrome tip black and im happy how it turned out.

This is the pin that was out of the bad differential and you can see that the fluid was way low for along time.
This is how its supposed to look and im glad my new transmissions was this good.
[

Thursday, April 07, 2011 6:57 PM
Well so far I have got my replacement flywheel insert and a new boost solenoid for my aem tru boost, but im waiting on my clutch disc to get here. The company is being a real pain and im thinking about just canceling the order if I don't receive it in the next few days. Tell me what you guys think about the dash change?

Thursday, April 07, 2011 7:15 PM
like the black and silver theme. Get pictures when it is all back together.

Thursday, April 07, 2011 7:23 PM
what model are those wheels?
Friday, April 08, 2011 8:10 PM
Thanks freelancer I like the combo to. Ill be taking lots of pictures when its done. Redcavy their the tsw cadwell series. Some of my favorite tsws by far.

Saturday, April 16, 2011 8:24 PM
Ok update on the car its finally going back together tomorrow. I ended up getting the wrong flywheel insert and ended up waiting on the right one and my clutch disc forever. I hope to never deal with the people I ordered from again.

Sunday, April 17, 2011 9:48 AM
I have been waiting to see it all in one piece. lol.

Sunday, April 17, 2011 12:05 PM
Can't wait man!!

Modding my j since I found the org
Sunday, April 17, 2011 5:55 PM
Thanks guys! Trans is all in just need to put the mounts back on and axles and tires and im set and ill put up lots of pictures of her!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search